AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 12 December 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which Union Territory (UT) has become India’s first 100% organic under the Centre’s Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (organic farming improvement programme)?
3) Dadra and Nagar Haveli
5) Jammu and KashmirAnswer-4) Lakshadweep
Indian Island region, Lakshadweep becomes India’s first 100% organic Union Territory in the country, and second in the country only after Sikkim. This comes after the UT received proper certifications and declarations under the Centre’s Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (organic farming improvement programme). This will create opportunities for 150 Women self-help groups will work to increase exports of products like virgin coconut oil, tuna pickles, and jaggery.
- Which organisation has collaborated with the India Energy Storage Alliance (IESA) to promote energy storage in India on December, 2020?
1) International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
2) Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE)
3) United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
4) Solar Energy Corporation of India
5) Bureau of Energy EfficiencyAnswer-3) United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
On December 10, 2020, the India Energy Storage Alliance (IESA) and United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) collaborated to promote innovations in energy storage in India. The collaboration was done on the lines of the launch of the 4th round of innovation challenge by UNIDO’s Facility of Low Carbon Technology Deployment (FLCTD) to support and encourage new innovations in Indian energy storage and e-mobility space.
- What is the theme of 4th edition of India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2020, organised by the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) and Cellular Operator Association of India (COAI)?
1) Inclusive Innovation – Smart I Secure I Sustainable
2) Imagine a new CONNECTED world: Intelligent. Immersive. Inventive.
3) NEW DIGITAL HORIZONS: Connect. Create. Innovate.
4) Telecom for Communication and Innovation
5) Innovation on Pandemic: Intelligent. Immersive. Inventive.Answer-1) Inclusive Innovation – Smart I Secure I Sustainable
The 4th edition of the largest digital technology forum in South Asia i.e. India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2020 held virtually on December 8-10, 2020 amid COVID-19 and was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. It was organised by the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) and Cellular Operator Association of India (COAI) on the theme “Inclusive Innovation – Smart I Secure I Sustainable”. The prime sponsors of the conference included Dell Technologies, Ribbon Communications and Red Hat.
- Which Government body has decided to work with the Ministry of AYUSH to set up an Export Promotion Council to boost AYUSH exports?
1) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
2) Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade
3) Securities and Exchange Board of India
4) Foreign Investment Promotion Board
5) Ministry of Corporate AffairsAnswer-1) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
The Ministry of Commerce and Industry and the Ministry of AYUSH have decided to work together to set up an Export Promotion Council to boost AYUSH exports. This decision was taken recently in a joint review of AYUSH trade and Industry by Shri Piyush Goyal, Minister of Commerce and Industry and Shri Shripad Naik, Minister of AYUSH. It was also decided in the review that the entire AYUSH sector will work together to achieve price and quality competitiveness to boost AYUSH exports.
- Which Company has partnered with Skylotech India to launch world’s first satellite based Narrow Band-Internet of Things (NB-IoT) device to provide Pan-India Connectivity?
1) Vodafone Idea
2) Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
4) Bharti Airtel
5) Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL)Answer-2) Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) in partnership with Skylotech India has launched the world’s first satellite-based NB-IoT (Narrow Band-Internet of Things) device that can be used PAN-India where mobile towers are not present including Indian seas. The device developed by Skylo will be provided only through the state-run firm at a price of around Rs 10,000 a unit.
- What is India’s rank in the Climatescope Survey ‘Emerging Markets Outlook 2020: Energy Transition in the World’s Fastest Growing economies’ released by Bloomberg New Energy Finance Limited (BNEF)?
5) 5thAnswer-2) 2nd
According to Climatescope Survey ‘Emerging Markets Outlook 2020: Energy Transition in the World’s Fastest Growing economies’ released by Bloomberg New Energy Finance Limited (BNEF) India with a score of 2.61 dropped to the 2nd position in the 2020 survey due to decline in Clean Energy Investment. India’s investment declined from 32% in 2017 to 12% in 2018-2019. Chile topped the survey rankings with a score of 2.85, Brazil came third with a score of 2.44.
- What is the target year set by Indian Government to produce 175 GW Renewable Energy in the country?
5) 2035Answer-4) 2022
India Targets 175 GW Renewable Energy by 2022 – 100 GW Solar, 60 GW Wind, 10 GW Bio-Energy, 5 GW Small Hydro. 89.63 GW of Renewable Energy has already been installed by India.
- which country will host the 2023 Indian Ocean Island Games?
3) Sri Lanka
5) BangladeshAnswer-4) Madagascar
Madagascar has replaced the Maldives as the host of the 2023 Indian Ocean Island Games due to concerns over the COVID-19 pandemic. The event had been awarded to the Maldives last year, but members of the Indian Ocean Island Games Federation voted to move the Games to Madagascar. The decision came as a result of the challenges the Maldives is facing in organising the event during the coronavirus crisis.
- Which scheme has been notified by Finance Ministry to provide financial support to Public Private Partnership (PPPs) in selected infrastructure projects with immediate effect, on December, 2020?
1) Integrated Development of Commercial Floriculture (IDCF) scheme
2) Stand Up India Scheme
3) Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme (TUFS)
4) Paryavaran Vahini scheme
5) Viability Gap Funding (VGF) schemeAnswer-5) Viability Gap Funding (VGF) scheme
On 11th December, 2020 Finance Ministry notified the Viability Gap Funding (VGF) scheme to provide financial support to Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) in selected Infrastructure projects. The selection of Private companies will be done through transparent, open and competitive bidding process. This initiative aims to assist infrastructure projects under Public Private Partnership (PPPs) in India through financial support.
- Which state government has launched a scheme whereby Tourists can live in the traditional habitats of Tharu Tribe?
2) Uttar Pradesh
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) KarnatakaAnswer-2) Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh (UP) Government has launched a scheme whereby Tourists can live in the traditional habitats of Tharu Tribe. The scheme is aimed to create jobs, increase the economic independence of the tribal population and to put Tharu villages on Global Tourism maps. As part of scheme UP Government will connect Tharu villages in the districts of Balrampur, Bahraich, Lakhimpur and Pilibhit bordering Nepal along with the home stay scheme of the UP Forest Department.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced to issue guidelines for Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) with regard to distribution of dividend. Under which section does the Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) comply with minimum prudential requirements in order to declare dividend in the RBI Act, 1934?
1) Section 21A
2) Section 45(U)
3) Section 26 (1)
4) Section 45 IC
5) Section 26(2)Answer-4) Section 45 IC
The NBFCs are required to comply with the following minimum prudential requirements in order to declare dividend. NBFCs should comply with the provisions of Section 45 IC of the RBI Act, 1934.
- Which Small Finance Bank launched a 3-in-1 account (tripartite account), that comprises savings, trading and demat accounts for its customers in December, 2020?
1) Equitas Small Finance Bank
2) Fincare Small Finance Bank
3) Jana Lakshmi Small Finance Bank
4) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
5) Suryoday Small Finance BankAnswer-1) Equitas Small Finance Bank
On December 10, 2020 Equitas Small Finance Bank Ltd(ESFBL)launched a 3-in-1 account (tripartite account), which comprises savings, trading and demat accounts for its customers. The account enables customers to hold all their bank and financial investments under one umbrella. This account was launched to widen the bank’s product offerings.
- Which organisation has standardized all health policies for robotic and bariatric surgeries in December, 2020?
1) Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
2) Security and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
3) Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER)
4) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI)
5) Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA)Answer-4) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI)
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has standardised all health policies for robotic and bariatric surgeries. The robotic surgeries minimises the trauma caused to the patient. India is the most preferred country to get high-quality treatment across the world. Bariatric surgery is also called as Weight loss surgery, or metabolic surgery.
- Which organisation has got draft guidelines for dividend payout from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in its 4th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) 2020-21, on December, 2020?
1) Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
2) Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
3) National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC)
4) State Bank of India (SBI)
5) Non-Banking Financial Institutions (NBFC)Answer-5) Non-Banking Financial Institutions (NBFC)
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in its recent 4th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) 2020-21 announced to issue guidelines for Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) with regard to distribution of dividend. Therefore on December 9, 2020, the apex bank released the “Draft Circular on Declaration of Dividend by NBFCs” to ensure greater transparency and uniformity in practice. It is open for comments by December 24, 2020. The guidelines will be applicable for dividends to be declared for the financial year beginning April 01, 2020 (FY 2020-21) onwards.
- Which Organisation has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) on December, 2020 to support skill development of Teachers?
1) Khan Academy
5) VedantuAnswer-4) BYJU’S
On December 10, 2020 The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with BYJU’S to support the skilling of teachers and trainers. The partnership is as part of Skill India Mission. Aiming to empower teachers and trainers with skills and digital tools so as to make learning very effective, engaging and personalised for children and youth.
- Which two organisation has partnered to provide Smart Agriculture solution to assist farmers in improving their productivity on December, 2020?
1) BSNL and Samsung
2) Nokia and BSNL
3) Motorola and Vodafone India Foundation
4) Samsung and Idea
5) Nokia and Vodafone India FoundationAnswer-5) Nokia and Vodafone India Foundation
Nokia and Vodafone India Foundation, the CSR arm of Vi, have deployed a Smart Agriculture solution that aims to improve the productivity of farmers in India. The pilot project is being implemented in 100 locations in the states of Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra and will benefit over 50,000 farmers. The solution, which utilizes Nokia’s Worldwide IoT Network Grid (WING) solution, will ensure that precise and practical data is sent to farmers.
- Under which project, Anil Agarwal Foundation has partnered with Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to end all forms of hunger and malnutrition by 2030?
1) Seva Bharati Programme
2) Project Annapurna
3) Project Nand Ghar
4) Integrated Rural Development Programme (IRDP)
5) Project Gram VikasAnswer-3) Project Nand Ghar
Anil Agarwal Foundation has partnered with Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to end all forms of hunger and malnutrition by 2030. The foundations will work together on Project Nand Ghar, an initiative of Anil Agarwal Foundation & Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoWCD) to achieve United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 2 (abolishing all forms of hunger and malnutrition by 2030).
- What is the scheme launched by Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister (CM) Jagan Mohan Reddy to distribute 2,49,151 sheeps, goats for improving the living standards of women?
1) Jagananna Jeeva Kranthi scheme
2) YSR Aasara scheme
3) YSR Bima Scheme
4) Jagananna Vidya Kanuka Scheme
5) YSR Jala Kala SchemeAnswer-1) Jagananna Jeeva Kranthi scheme
On December 10, 2020, Andhra Pradesh (AP) Chief Minister (CM) Jagan Mohan Reddy virtually launched the ‘Jagananna Jeeva Kranthi’ scheme worth INR 1, 859 Crores for distribution of 2, 49, 151 sheeps, goats for improving the living standards of women. Women belonging to Backward Classes (BC), Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) in the age group of 45-60 years. AP Government also launched the distribution of 4.69 lakh units of cows and buffaloes worth INR 3, 500 crores.
- Which State Government has signed 1st of its kind Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with Cornell University, to set up a world-class incubation centre?
2) Uttar Pradesh
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) KarnatakaAnswer-3) Maharashtra
On December 10, 2020 Maharashtra Govt signed a 1st of its kind Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with Cornell University, to set up a world-class incubation centre in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra. Maharashtra Govt signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with XED Institute of Management (Asia Partner for Cornell) to Launch ‘Cornell Maha 60’, an accelerator programme for entrepreneurs. It is a 1st of its kind program in India.
- Who has been appointed as the International Judo Federation(IJF) Climate Ambassadors?
1) Marius Vizer and Sabrina Filzmoser
2) Sabrina Filzmoser and Flavio Canto
3) Flavio Canto and Marius Vizer
4) Teddy Riner and Anton Geesink
5) Anton Geesink and Ilias IliadisAnswer-2) Sabrina Filzmoser and Flavio Canto
On December 4, 2020 Marius Vizer, President of International Judo Federation(IJF) appointed Judo Practitioners(Judoka) Sabrina Filzmoser of Austria and Flavio Canto of Brazil as IJF Climate Ambassadors. They will help IJF to help to spread the message to save the planet. Recently, IJF has joined the UNFCCC’s (United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change) Sports for Climate Action initiative as a signatory to the Sports for Climate Action Framework.
- Who was awarded Posthumously, 2020 TiE Lifetime Achievement Service award?
1) Pritam Singh
2) Dr S Padmavati
3) F.C. Kohli
4) Pranab Mukherjee
5) AbhilashAnswer-3) F.C. Kohli
F.C. Kohli (Posthumous), father of Indian Information Technology (IT) Industry, Founder and First Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) was awarded 2020 TiE Lifetime Achievement Service award. Bill Gates, Founder of Microsoft Corporation was presented with TiE Life-time Achievement Award for contribution to the computing world and also for co-founding the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation which funds global health and development programs. Lifetime Achievement family business transformation was conferred on Bill Marriott of Marriott International.
- Which government has been awarded as the Best Government Agency Support Startup ecosystem in TiE annual awards 2020?
5) South KoreaAnswer-2) Singapore
TiE presented 10 awards under different categories 6 outstanding entrepreneurs and 7 ecosystem players in its annual award ceremony, the Award for Best Government Agency Support Startup ecosystem was awarded to Singapore Government for the year 2020.
Award Recipient Best Government Agency Support Startup ecosystem Singapore Government Best Corporate Supporting Entrepreneurship Google/Alphabet for Start-ups Best University promoting Entrepreneurship Stanford University Best Accelerator award Y Combinator Best Performing Global VC (Venture Capital) Fund Sequoia Capital Most Active Angel Network in the World Tech Coast Angels Bootstrapped to Billions award Ben Chestnut Rapid Listing Award VIR Biotechnology Lightning Unicorn Award Indigo Agriculture Most Innovative startup DataRobot
- Which organisation was awarded ‘The Most Innovative Research Institute of the Year’ under Innovation Quotient in the CII Industrial Innovation Awards 2020?
1) IIT Guwahati
2) IIT Madras
3) IIT Roorkee
4) IIT Kanpur
5) IIT DelhiAnswer-3) IIT Roorkee
CII Industrial Innovation Awards 2020 were presented during the 26th DST-CII Technology Summit 2020. 18 regular awards, 8 category awards, and 1 grand award were given to the most innovative company of the year.
IIT Roorkee adjudged as ‘The Most Innovative Research Institute of the Year’ under Innovation Quotient. IIT Madras adjudged as ‘The Most Innovative Research Institute of the Year’ under Disruptive Innovations. Lakshmi Machine Works limited- TMD won the Grand Award Winner-The Most Innovative Company of the Year 2020.
- Who are the Time’s Person of the Year 2020?
1) Donald Trump and Joe Biden
2) Essential Workers
3) Barack Obama and Kamala Harris
4) Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump
5) Joe Biden and Kamala HarrisAnswer-5) Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
US President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris were named Time magazine’s 2020 “Person of the Year”. For changing the American story, for showing that the forces of empathy are greater than the furies of division, for sharing a vision of healing in a grieving world.
- What is the theme of World’s largest virtual entrepreneurial summit, The IndUS Entrepreneurs (TiE) Global Summit-2020 (TGS 2020) hosted by TiE Hyderabad?
1) Entrepreneurship, Growth and Competitiveness
2) Green Entrepreneurship
3) Entrepreneurship 360
4) Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership
5) Social and community EntrepreneurshipAnswer-3) Entrepreneurship 360
World’s largest virtual entrepreneurial summit, The IndUS Entrepreneurs (TiE) Global Summit-2020 (TGS 2020) was held virtually from December 8-10, 2020. It was hosted by TiE Hyderabad. Vice-President(VP) Venkaiah Naidu virtually inaugurated the TGS 2020. Theme of TGS 2020 – ‘Entrepreneurship 360’. The summit focused on issues faced by Entrepreneurs, Funding Platform, pitching tactics to help start-ups.
- Who has represented India in the 17th International Inter-Ministerial Conference on South-South Cooperation in Population and Development titled “Nairobi Commitments and the 2030 Agenda: Taking stock and looking ahead to post COVID-19 Crisis” which was held virtually?
1) Prakash Javadekar
2) Harsh Vardhan
3) Piyush Goyal
4) Smriti Irani
5) Subrahmanyam JaishankarAnswer-2) Harsh Vardhan
On December 8, 2020, the 17th International Inter-Ministerial Conference on South-South Cooperation in Population and Development titled “Nairobi Commitments and the 2030 Agenda: Taking stock and looking ahead to post COVID-19 Crisis” was held virtually. The Indian side was represented by Union Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW). It should be noted that he is the Vice-Chair of the PPD Board. The conference and the session were concluded with the adoption of Call for Action.
- Which country’s Minister of Science, Technology and Higher Education was the Guest of Honour in the 26th Edition of 3 day DST-CII (Department of Science & Technology-Confederation of Indian Industry) Technology Summit 2020?
1) Manuel Heitor, Portugal
2) Frédérique Vidal, France
3) Ingrid van Engelshoven, Netherlands
4) Giriraj Mani Pokharel, Nepal
5) Lakshman Senewiratne, Sri LankaAnswer-1) Manuel Heitor, Portugal
The 26th Edition of 3 day DST-CII (Department of Science & Technology-Confederation of Indian Industry) Technology Summit 2020 was held virtually from December 7-9, 2020. Portugal was the partner country for 2020’s edition of Technology Summit. The meeting was organized by DST, CII. Manuel Heitor, Minister of Science, Technology and Higher Education, Portugal was the Guest of Honour at the Summit. Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Science & Technology, India inaugurated the event.
- 5.56 X 30 mm Joint Venture Protective Carbine (JVPC) designed by Armament Research and Development Establishment (ARDE), a lab of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is a _______.
1) LASER fire automatic weapon
2) Browning Automatic Rifle
3) Gas Operated Semi Bull-pup automatic weapon
4) Liquid Pressured Bull-pup automatic weapon
5) Long Range Surface to Air MissileAnswer-3) Gas Operated Semi Bull-pup automatic weapon
On 7th December, 2020, 5.56 X 30 mm Joint Venture Protective Carbine (JVPC) designed by Armament Research and Development Establishment (ARDE), a lab of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully finished the final phase of user trials. The Gun will now be inducted into the Indian Army. JVPC is a Gas Operated Semi Bull-pup automatic weapon and is capable of firing around 700 rpm (rounds per minute). It has a range of 100 metres and weighs 3 Kilograms.
- On the occasion of 10th Global Sports Summit ,TRUF 2020 event organized by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI), Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju announced establishment of 1000 Khelo India Small Centres to help ______.
1) Young Sports persons
2) Hockey Players
3) Retired Sports persons
4) Retired Runners
5) Young Football playersAnswer-3) Retired Sports persons
On 9th December, 2020 Union sports minister Kiren Rijiju virtually addressed the 10th Global Sports Summit, TRUF 2020, organised by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI). On that Occasion Minister made the announcement on the establishment of 1000 Khelo India Small Centres in the country, that will help retired sports persons get employment or some role in shaping the sports culture of the country.
- Which former 800-meter world champion received a four-year ban for doping in December, 2020?
1) Elvira Herman
2) Hanna Huskova
3) Marina Arzamasova
4) Nadzeya Ostapchuk
5) Alina TalayAnswer-3) Marina Arzamasova
Former world champion Marina Arzamasova of Belarus received a four-year ban for doping after her defense that she had taken contaminated over-the-counter supplements was rejected. She has won the 800 meters at the 2015 worlds in Beijing. The four-year ban dates to the initial suspension and ends on July 28, 2023, track and field’s Athletics Integrity Unit said in its decision released Friday.
- For which of his Novel, Raj Kamal Jha won the 3rd Edition of Rabindranath Tagore Literary Prize 2020?
1) The blue bedspread
2) The City and the Sea: A Novel
3) She Will Build Him a City
4) If you are afraid of heights
5) A Suitable BoyAnswer-2) The City and the Sea: A Novel
Raj Kamal Jha, Indian Author and the Chief Editor of The Indian Express wins 3rd Edition of Rabindranath Tagore Literary Prize 2020 for his literary fiction novel ‘The City and the Sea’. This is Raj Kamal Jha’s 5th novel. His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said Al Said, late Sultan of Oman and The People of Oman and Sandip Soparrkar from India a renowned dancer choreographer from India named as the winner of TagorePrize for Social Achievement 2020.
- What is the theme of United Nations(UN)’s International Mountain Day 2020, that is annually observed on 11th December?
1) Promoting mountain products for better livelihoods
2) Mountain cultures: Celebrating diversity and strengthening identity
3) Mountains under Pressure: climate, hunger, migration
4) Mountain Biodiversity
5) Mountains matter for YouthAnswer-4) Mountain Biodiversity
The United Nations(UN)’s International Mountain Day is annually observed across the globe on 11th December to encourage the sustainable developments in mountains and to create awareness about the importance of mountains to life. The theme of International Mountain Day 2020 is “Mountain Biodiversity”, which aims to celebrate the diverse biodiversity of the mountain and address the difficulties they face.
- When was the annual United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) day celebrated?
1) 15th December
2) 10th December
3) 12th January
4) 11th December
5) 6th JanuaryAnswer-4) 11th December
The UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund) day is annually celebrated on 11th December to mark the creation of UNICEF by the United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) on 11th December 1946. UNICEF was originally known as “United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund”. UNICEF called out the governments to adopt the “Six Point Plan to Protect our Children” to reverse the effects of COVID-19 pandemic on children and to build a better future for all.
- Which animal was reported to decline by 90% before 2050 from the findings of First-of-its-kind survey conducted by Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) under the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC)?
1) Snow Leopard
2) Kashmiri Red Stag
3) Malayan Giant Squirrel
4) Lion-tailed macaque
5) Nilgiri TahrAnswer-3) Malayan Giant Squirrel
According to a First-of-its-kind survey conducted by Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) under the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC), Malayan Giant Squirrel or Black Giant Squirrel (Ratufa bicolor) could fall by 90% in India by 2050 due to shrinking of its original habitat zone. This would mean that, by 2050 the habitat of the squirrels will be restricted only to Southern Sikkim and North Bengal.
- Where did the researchers of Agharkar Research Institute (ARI) discovered, the tough novel new species of Indian Muraingrasses named Ischaemum janarthanamii?
1) Tamil Nadu
5) MizoramAnswer-4) Goa
A team of researchers of Agharkar Research Institute (ARI) led by Dr. Mandar Datar and Dr.Ritesh Kumar Choudhary have discovered a tough novel new species of Indian Muraingrasses (Genus Ischaemum) named Ischaemum janarthanamiiin in Goa in the Western Ghats.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is the Headquarters of United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) located?
1) Paris, France
2) New York,United States
5) Augsburg,GermanyAnswer-2) New York,United States
UNICEF, also known as the United Nations Children’s Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. Its headquarters is located at New York.
- Where is the Headquarters of International Judo Federation (IJF) located?
1) Prague,Czech Republic
4) The Hague,Netherlands
5) Vienna,AustriaAnswer-2) Budapest,Hungary
The Headquarters of International Judo Federation (IJF) located Budapest.
- Who is the first Indian to win a Noble prize?
1) Amartya Sen
2) Mother Teresa
3) C. V. Raman
4) Har Gobind Khorana
5) Rabindranath TagoreAnswer-5) Rabindranath Tagore
Rabindranath Tagore was the first person of Indian origin, first Asian and first non-European to be awarded with the Nobel Prize in 1913.
- Who was the Prime Minister of Portugal on December, 2020?
1) Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa
2) Pedro Sánchez
3) Rui Rio
4) Antonio Costa
5) Felipe VIAnswer-4) Antonio Costa
António Luís Santos da Costa GCIH is a Portuguese lawyer and politician serving as the 119th and current Prime Minister of Portugal.
- Who was the Finance Secretary of India on December 2020?
1) Ajay Narayan Jha
2) Subhash Chandra Garg
3) Ajay Bhushan Pandey
4) Ashok Lahiri
5) Krishnamurthy SubramanianAnswer-3) Ajay Bhushan Pandey
Ajay Bhushan Pandey is a 1984 batch Indian Administrative Service officer is the current Finance Secretary of India in December 2020.