AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 12 August 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In August 2021, PM Narendra Modi launched the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2.0 Scheme targeting to provide ___________ LPG connections, while the flagship scheme was first launched in _______ under the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas.
1) 10 million; 2016
2) 8 million; 2017
3) 5 million; 2017
4) 8 million; 2016
5) 10 million; 2015
Answer-1) 10 million; 2016
PM Narendra Modi virtually launched the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2.0 (PMUY 2.0) Scheme from Mahoba district of Uttar Pradesh. Under PMUY 2.0, an additional 10 million LPG connections will be provided to the beneficiaries.
i.PMUY is a flagship scheme of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoPNG). It was launched on 1st May 2016.
ii.Tagline of PMUY– “Swachh Indhan, Behtar Jeevan”.
- As per the Parliamentary data, the ____ Indian Census will be India’s 1st Digital Census that is to be conducted in ____ Indian Languages
1) 16th; 16
2) 15th; 16
3) 16th; 18
4) 15th; 18
5) 17th; 18
Answer-3) 16th; 18
Minister of State for Home Affairs (MHA) Nityanand Rai stated in the Parliament that the 16th Indian Census will be India’s 1st-ever Digital Census.
i.It will be conducted in 18 languages and English.
ii.For the 1st time the information of household headed by Transgender community will be collected as a new category under Third Gender.
- Which organisation partnered with the USA’s National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to improve India’s Weather Forecasting system?
1) National Institute of Ocean Technology
2) Indian Space Research Organisation
3) Indian Institute Of Tropical Meteorology
4) National Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting
5) India Meteorological Department
Answer-1) National Institute of Ocean Technology
India’s National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) & National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) of US have signed an MoU on Monsoon data analysis and cooperation to improve weather forecasts in the region.
- India was ranked ______ in the Global Youth Development Index 2020, while the list was topped by _____________
1) 122nd; United Kingdom
2) 91st; Singapore
3) 91st; Norway
4) 122nd; Singapore
5) 91st; United Kingdom
Answer-4) 122nd; Singapore
The Commonwealth Secretariat released its triennial rankings of Global Youth Development Index (YDI) 2020, which measures the progress of youth development, India was ranked 122nd out of 181 countries. While, Singapore topped the Index for the 1st time.
- Identify the Financial institution that launched “Digital Prayaas” – a digital platform to provide loans to entrepreneurs from low income groups
2) IDBI Bank
3) Industrial Investment Bank of India
SIDBI launched ‘Digital Prayaas’ an App based end to end digital lending tool platform to sanction loans to entrepreneurs from low income groups by the end of the day.
i.SIDBI also partnered with BigBasket to provide loans at an affordable interest rate to the youths in urban areas for the purchase of e-vehicles.
- Which is the 1st Bank in India to register 1 crore FASTags users?
1) Jio Payments Bank
2) State Bank of India
3) ICICI Bank
4) Paytm Payments Bank
5) HDFC Bank
Answer-4) Paytm Payments Bank
Paytm Payments Bank became the 1st bank in India to achieve the milestone of issuing 1 crore FASTags. It has ~28 percent share as FASTag issuer bank.
- To mark the event of Neeraj Chopra winning Gold in Olympic games, Athletics Federation of India decided to celebrate ____________ as the National Javelin Throw Day.
1) 7th August
2) 9th August
3) 4th August
4) 5th August
5) 6th August
Answer-1) 7th August
The Athletics Federation of India(AFI) has declared the 7th August of every year, starting from 2022, as the National Javelin Throw Day. The day will commemorate the feat of Indian athlete(javelin) Neeraj Chopra, who won the gold medal at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Adille J Sumariwalla is the President of AFI.
- Which state received (in Aug’21) a loan worth Rs 188 crores from NABARD for constructing a Super Specialty Hospital?
NABARD sanctioned loans worth INR 188.81 crore under Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) for the construction of Super Specialty Block Hospital in Bambolim and Enhancement of Solid Waste Treatment plant in Saligao in the state of Goa.
- When was the 1st Census conducted in India?
India’s 1st Census was held in 1881, while the 2021 Census of India will be the 16th edition of Census.
i.Slogan of 2011 Census – “Our Census – Our Future”
- When was the Indian Air Force established?
About Indian Air Force (IAF):
Founded: 8 October 1932
Commander-in-Chief: President of India
Chief of Air Staff – Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria