AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 12 & 13 July 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which organization prepared the white paper on “Focused Interventions for Make in India Post COVID 19” which was released by science and technology minister Harsh Vardhan?
1) Asian and Pacific Centre for Transfer of Technology
2) National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories
3) Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development
4) National Research Development Corporation
5) Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council
Answer-5) Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council
Union Minister of Science and Technology Dr.Harsh Vardhan released a White Paper on “Focused Interventions for Make in India Post COVID 19”&“Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients: Status, Issues, Technology Readiness and Challenges” prepared by the Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC) in New Delhi over a virtual platform.
- Which state’s Legal Service Authority and the high Court organized India’s 1st e-Lok Adalat?
1) Tamil Nadu
Chhattisgarh State Legal Service Authority and the high Court organized India’s first e-LokAdalat to ensure the administration of justice and to solve the financial crisis of the parties and lawyers amid COVID-19 pandemic. The high court Chief Justice P R Ramchandra Menon inaugurated the e-Lok Adalat through video conferencing.
- Which country is the largest Foreign Direct Investor in United Kingdom in 2019 (India ranked No.2)?
2) United states
4) Hong Kong
Answer-2) United states
According to the United Kingdom’s Department for International Trade (DIT) inward investment statistics for 2019-2020, India has become the second largest Foreign Direct Investor in the United Kingdom (UK) after the United States in 2019, by investing in 120 projects and creating 5,429 new jobs in the UK. The United States of America remains as the top source of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) of the UK, delivering 462 projects and 20,131 jobs. The List is followed by India, Germany, France, China and Hong Kong.
- Which state has signed MoU with HDFC bank to provide digital payment solutions to the state’s transport department?
1) West Bengal
Jharkhand government signed Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with HDFC Bank to provide digital payment solutions to the state’s transport department.
- Name the person who has resigned from the post of CEO of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
1) Rahul Johri
3) Shashi Tharoor
4) Lalit Modi
5) Rajeev Shukla
Answer-1) Rahul Johri
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has accepted a long pending resignation of Rahul Johri, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of BCCI on 9 July 2020.
- Lee Hsien Loong has become the Prime Minister of which country (July 2020)?
1) South Korea
4) Hong Kong
The Results of Singapore’s General Election 2020 were announced and the ruling Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong’s People’s Action Party(PAP) won the election winning 83 seats out of 93 contested and Lee Hsien Loong was reinstated as the Prime Minister of Singapore.
- The 2018 tiger census of which country entered into Guinness Record book as the largest camera trap wildlife survey in the world?
2) Sri Lanka
4th edition of India’s 2018 Tiger census sets new Guinness World Record for being largest camera trap wildlife survey because the census had installed more cameras to monitor the tigers as compared to other countries. As per the census, in 2018, India had doubled the tiger population before 4 years of the target year, 2022 through the Sankalp Se Siddhi programme. As of now 75 per cent of the global tiger population are in India.
- Name the person who has won 10th edition 2020 Dada Saheb Phalke Award for documentary named “Chi Lupo”.
1) Tapan Sinha
2) Mrinal Sen
3) Vinod Khanna
4) Manoj Kumar
5) Kezang D Thongdok
Answer-5) Kezang D Thongdok
An independent filmmaker, Kezang D Thongdok won the 10th edition 2020 Dada Saheb Phalke Award for his documentary “Chi Lupo” – showcasing the practice of collection of honey from the perched rocky hilltops.
- Who was honored with Rotary Foundation’s Paul Harris Fellow recognition recently?
1) Hemant Soren
2) Neiphiu Rio
3) Edappadi K Palaniswami
5) Nitish Kumar
Answer-3) Edappadi K Palaniswami
The Rotary Foundation of Rotary International,Chicago, has honored Tamil Nadu(TN) Chief Minister(CM) Edappadi K Palaniswami with Paul Harris Fellow recognition.
- Which Indian organization was conferred with ‘Development Marketplace Award 2020’ from World Bank Group and Sexual Violence Research Initiative (SVRI)?
1) RAHI Foundation
2) Institute for Human Development
3) Indian Cancer Society
4) Citizens Foundation India
5) Indiability Foundation
Answer-2) Institute for Human Development
Institute for Human Development (IHD), an Indian non-profit institution conferred with ‘Development Marketplace Award 2020:Innovations to Address Gender-Based Violence’ from World Bank Group and Sexual Violence Research Initiative (SVRI) for the project alcohol, intimate partner violence and household economy: an assessment of liquor ban in Bihar. Apart from India, other 8 non-profit organizations from various countries have received this award.
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved Kubota’s 9.09% Acquisition of Escorts and Escorts’ 40% Acquisition by KAI under which section of competition Act, 2002?
1) Section 32(1)
2) Section 31(1)
3) Section 32(3)
4) Section 31(2)
5) Section 30(1)
Answer-2) Section 31(1)
The Competition Commission of India(CCI) approved the acquisition of 9.09% equity stake in Escorts Limited(Escorts) by Kubota Corporation (Kubota) and of 40% in Kubota Agricultural Machinery India Private Limited(KAI) by Escorts under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002.
- Name the Aerospace company which has delivered last five AH-64E Apache attack helicopters to Indian Air Force recently.
1) Lockheed Martin
3) General Electric
United States (US) based Aerospace Company Boeing, has delivered the last 5 AH-64E Apache attack helicopters to Indian Air Force (IAF) at the Air Force Station, Hindan, Uttar Pradesh. This final 5 AH-64E Apache attack helicopters were part of a deal that was signed by Indian Government & Boeing in the year 2015 to deliver 22 AH-64E Apache attack helicopters. These Apaches were deployed at the Leh air base amid stand-off with China in Ladakh.
- Kuaizhou-11 (KZ-11) is the solid-fueled carrier rocket of which country?
2) South Korea
5) North Korea
China’s 1st Kuaizhou-11(KZ-11), solid-fueled carrier rocket launch was failed.The rocket was launched from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwest China.Kuaizhou-11(KZ-11) means ‘Fast Ship’ in China’s Mandarin language.
- Which country has successfully launched telecommunication satellite named “APSTAR-6D” recently?
China launched a new commercial telecommunication satellite “APSTAR-6D” by a Long March-3B carrier rocket from the southwestern Xichang Satellite Launch Center.
- Find the company which collaborated with Loyal Textile Mills Limited and HeiQ for the development of world’s 1st reusable PPE with Triple Viral Shield Technology?
1) Reliance Industries
2) ITC Limited
3) Tata Group
4) Adani Group
5) Larsen & Toubro Limited
Answer-1) Reliance Industries
Loyal Textile Mills Limited in collaboration with Reliance Industries Limited(RIL) and HeiQ has launched the world’s first reusable Personal Protective Equipment(PPE) with Triple Viral Shield Technology that has passed the Viral Penetration Test, Synthetic Blood Penetration Test, and the Systolic Blood Pressure Recovery(SBPR) Test at a webinar. Along with this, other viral shield products like masks(SS 95 medical respiratory type Mask) and fashion wear range were also launched. The launch was done by Loyal’s signature brand SUPERA SHIELD.
- Who authored the book titled ‘A Song of India’?
1) Salman Rushdie
2) Ruskin Bond
3) Vikram Seth
4) Arundhati Roy
5) Amitav Ghosh
Answer-2) Ruskin Bond
The book titled ‘A Song of India’ authored by Ruskin Bond to be released on July 20, 2020, which will mark the 70th year of the author’s literary career. The book is the 4th instalment in his memoir series(a written record of a person’s own life and experiences). The book portrays his unknown life before he became a successful author. It is published by Puffin Books, an imprint of Penguin Random House India.
- When was National fish farmers day observed annually?
1) July 7
2) July 2
3) July 13
4) July 4
5) July 10
Answer-5) July 10
10th July of every year is observed as the National Fish Farmers day, to motivate the fish farmers to adopt fish farming as a main or ancillary occupation to double the income by adopting latest scientific techniques and practices in the field of fisheries.
- The Fish Cryobank in India will be established by the National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB) in collaboration with which institute?
1) Directorate of Coldwater Fisheries Research
2) National Bureau of Fish Genetic Resources
3) Central Institute of Fisheries Technology
4) Central Inland Fisheries Research Institute
5) Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute
Answer-2) National Bureau of Fish Genetic Resources
The Fish Cryobank will be established by the National Fisheries Development Board(NFDB) in collaboration with the National Bureau of Fish Genetic Resources (NBFGR) in multiple parts of the nation.
- The UN’s World Population Day is observed annually on ________.
1) March 10
2) July 11
3) April 15
4) June 24
5) May 18
Answer-2) July 11
United Nations(UN) World Population Day is observed annually on July 11 to raise awareness about population issues like family planning, gender equality, poverty, maternal health and human rights. The day also highlights the issues and aftermath of overpopulation on the environment and development. Theme of 2020– The theme of 2020 is to safeguard the sexual and reproductive health care, protect the health and rights of women and girls, and end gender-based violence. “Putting the brakes on COVID-19: how to Safeguard the health and rights of women and girls’’.
- When was the Counter-Terrorism Week observed in the year 2020?
1) July 1-4
2) July 5-7
3) July 11-15
4) July 6-10
5) July 14-21
Answer-4) July 6-10
The United Nations Office of Counter-Terrorism(UNOCT) observes 2nd Counter-Terrorism Week from July 6- 10, 2020 virtually. The theme of the week is “Strategic and Practical Challenges of Countering Terrorism in a Global Pandemic Environment”.
- A team of wildlife researchers has rediscovered ‘Ypthimawatsoni’ butterfly after 61 years in Tripura. Name the journal which published this discovery.
1) Nature Structural & Molecular Biology
2) Journal of Biological Sciences
3) Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies
4) Journal of Evolutionary Biology
5) The Journal of Experimental Biology
Answer-3) Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies
A team of wildlife researchers has rediscovered ‘Ypthimawatsoni’ butterfly (commonly known as ‘Looped three-ring’) after 61 years near a village called Phuldungsei in Jampui Hills under the North Tripura district. The research paper regarding this discovery was published in the Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies.
- Which union minister has launched Aatamanirbhar Skilled Employee-Employer Mapping (ASEEM) portal which was developed by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) in collaboration with Betterplace?
1) Arjun Munda
2) Harsimrat Kaur Badal
3) Harsh Vardhan
4) MahendraNath Pandey
5) Narendra Singh Tomar
Answer-4) MahendraNath Pandey
MahendraNath Pandey, Union Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship(MoSDE) launched the Aatamanirbhar Skilled Employee-Employer Mapping (ASEEM) portal, which maps the demand of skilled workforce to find available sustainable livelihood opportunities. ASEEM is available as an online portal and mobile application developed and managed by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) in collaboration with Betterplace, a Bengaluru based company.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the Current president of Singapore?
1) Emmanuelle Mignon
2) Julie Payette
3) Grazia Zafferani
4) Halimah Yacob
5) Sandra Mason
Answer-4) Halimah Yacob
Halimah Yacob is the present president of Singapore. The capital and currency of Singapore are Singapore City &Singapore Dollar.
- Who is the union minister for ministry of skill development and entrepreneurship?
1) Arjun Munda
2) Harsimrat Kaur Badal
3) Harsh Vardhan
4) Mahendra Nath Pandey
5) Narendra Singh Tomar
Answer-4) Mahendra Nath Pandey
Mahendra Nath Pandey is the present union minister for ministry of skill development and entrepreneurship.
- Where is the HQ of United Nations Population Fund located?
5) New York
Answer-Answer – 5) New York
The HQ of United Nations Population Fund located at New York, United States.
- Kanger Valley National Park is located in which state?
Recently, researchers have found Ophiocordycepsnutans (fungi) for the first time in central India, while setting out on a plant survey at the Kanger Valley National Park in Chhattisgarh.
- Dudhwa Tiger Reserve is located in which state?
4) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-4) Uttar Pradesh
Recently, two rare orchid species i.e. Tiger orchids (Grammatophyllumspeciosum) and Ground orchids (Eulophiaobtusa) have been found to be blooming in different parts of the country after a gap of many years.Of these,ground orchids was rediscovered in Dudhwa Tiger Reserve, Uttar Pradesh after 118 years.
- Hooghly River is located in which state?
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) West Bengal
Answer-5) West Bengal
A centuries-old folk theatre form and the worship of a forest goddess i.e. Bon Bibi has helped the natives of the Sundarbans survive by understanding the power of nature and the limits of human needs.The Sundarbans is a mangrove area in the delta formed by the confluence of the Ganges, Brahmaputra and Meghna Rivers in the Bay of Bengal. It spans from the Hooghly River in India’s state of West Bengal to the Baleswar River in Bangladesh.