AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 12 & 13 April 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the Indian Ministry which has launched ‘Bharat Padhe Online’ Campaign.
1) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
2) Ministry of Home Affairs
3) Ministry of External Affairs
4) Ministry of Human Resource and Development
5) Ministry of Finance
Answer-4) Ministry of Human Resource and Development
Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ the Union Human Resource Development (HRD) minister has launched ‘Bharat Padhe Online’ campaign in New Delhi for crowd sourcing of ideas to improve the online education ecosystem of India, the main target audience are teachers & students.The campaign aims to invite all the best brains in India to share suggestions or solutions directly with the HRD Ministry, to overcome the obstacles of online education while promoting the available digital education platforms.
- The Indian Council of Medical Research has approved to use diagnostic machine of which Disease to coronavirus (on April 10, 2020)?
4) Swine Flu
Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)has allowed the use of a diagnostic machine used to test drug-resistant TB (Tuberculosis) for conducting coronavirus tests. In this regard, it had recognized the ‘TrueLTM beta COV test on the TruLabTM workstation’ and recommended it as a screening test. Earlier ICMR approved use of the Truenat beta CoV test on Truelab workstation, which is used to detect drug resistant TB.
- Government has approved the ex-gratia compensation of life insurance cover for Food Corporation of India (FCI) employees. FCI comes under Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution ministry, who is the present Minister for the same?
1) Narendra Singh Tomar
2) Thaawar Chand Gehlot
3) Ram Vilas Paswan
4) D.V. Sadananda Gowda
5) Ravi Shankar Prasad
Answer-3) Ram Vilas Paswan
The Union Minister for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Ram Vilas Paswan has announced that government has approved ex-gratia monetary compensation for life insurance cover to 1,08,714 workers, officers & laborers of the Food Corporation of India (FCI) who die due to COVID-19. In the 6-month period from March 24 to 23 September, 2020 if any FCI employee dies then, Regular FCI Labour will get a life cover of Rs 15 lakhs, Contractual Labour- sanctioned upto Rs 10 lakhs, Category 1 Officers Rs 35 lakhs, Category 2- Rs 30 lakhs and Category 3 & 4 workers- Rs 25 lakhs.
- What is the unemployment rate in India during March 30 – April 5, 2020 as per Centre for Monitoring of Indian Economy (CMIE) data?
Answer- 5) 23.4%
Centre for Monitoring of Indian Economy (CMIE) released a data which showed that unemployment rate during March 30 – April 5, 2020 rise to 23.4% from 8.7% for the whole of March 2020 which reflects the impact of lockdown due to COVID-19 pandemic breakdown.The Labour Participation Rate (LPR) fell to 36%, an all-time low from 41.9% in March 2020. The employment rate fell to 27.7% from an all-time low of 38.2 per cent in March 2020.
- KendriyaBhander has taken initiative of providing “Essential Kits” to needy families during Covid-19. KendriyaBhanderfunctions under which Indian department?
1) Department of Personnel and Training
2) Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade
3) Department of Commerce
4) Department of Telecommunications
5) Department of Consumer Affairs
Answer-1) Department of Personnel and Training
KendriyaBhandar, which functions under the Department of Personnel and Training (DOPT) of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Ministryhas taken the unique initiative of providing “Essential Kits” to needy families in Delhi due to the Coronavirus crisis.
- Name the railway station which is 1st in Indian Railways to install sanitizing tunnels.
1) Hyderabad railway station
2) Kolkata railway station
3) Gandhinagar railway station
4) Ahmedabad railway station
5) Indore railway station
Answer-4) Ahmedabad railway station
The Ahmedabad railway station at Kalupur, Gujarat of Western Railway became the first station of Indian Railways (IR) to install a Walk-Through Mass Sanitizing Tunnel to ensure the safety of staff and passengers in the view of the COVID-19. The tunnel uses WHO (World Health Organization) approved sanitizer and fitted with a sensor, so that when a passenger approaches the tunnel entrance it starts fogging automatically.
- National Commission of Women (NCW) has launched domestic violence helplines for women. Where is NCW HQ located?
2) New Delhi
Answer-2) New Delhi
National Commission for Women (NCW) has launched a WhatsApp helpline number -7217735372 to report cases of domestic violence against women, which have seen a rise during the lockdown period of COVID-19.The headquarters of NCW is New Delhi.
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) has signed MoU with Jaipur based Consumer Unity Trust Society (CUTS) to counter economic impact of COVD-19. Where is the HQ of UNIDO located?
1) New York, United States
2) New Delhi, India
3) Vienna, Austria
4) Paris, France
5) Geneva, Switzerland
Answer-3) Vienna, Austria
United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO – Vienna, Austria), a specialized agency of the United Nations (UN), has inked an memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Consumer Unity and Trust Society (CUTS), a non-profit organisation based in Jaipur, Rajasthan, to promote consumers to contribute to the global development agenda as well as support their respective governments in times of global crisis like coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Name the small finance bank which launched digital banking platform named ‘DigiGen’.
1) AU Small Finance Bank
2) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
3) ESAF Small Finance Bank
4) Equitas Small Finance Bank
5) Jana Small Finance Bank
Answer-5) Jana Small Finance Bank
Jana Small Finance Bank, a scheduled commercial bank, has launched DigiGen, a digital banking platform which enables the customers to open digitally a savings account & fixed deposit instantly anytime & anywhere.
- What is the ADB’s assured support package to India to fight Covid-19?
1) 6.6 Billion
2) 3.4 Billion
3) 1 Billion
4) 2.2 Billion
5) 2.9 Billion
Answer-4) 2.2 Billion
Asian Development Bank (ADB) President Masatsugu Asakawa has assured Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman of USD 2.2 billion (about Rs 16,500 crore) support to India in its fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
- What is the fiscal deficit (in terms of % of GDP) of India in February 2020 as per Government of India (GoI)?
Answer- 4) 5.07%
The report released by the Government of India (GOI) stated that the fiscal deficit in February was 5.07% of Gross Domestic Product (GDP), making it difficult for the government to meet its revised fiscal deficit target of 3.8% of GDP for FY20.
- Name the person who has been re-appointed as MD & CEO of Karnataka Bank for next 3 years.
1) Mahabaleshwara M S
2) S.S. Mallikarjuna Rao
4) Rakesh Makhija
5) Ajay Kumar
Answer-1) Mahabaleshwara M S
Private sector lender Karnataka Bank received RBI (Reserve Bank of India) approval for the re-appointment of Mahabaleshwara M S as MD (Managing Director) and CEO (Chief Executive Officer) for next 3 years. The bank regulator has also approved for reappointment of PolaliJayarama Bhat as part time (non-executive) chairman.
- Name the Indian former RBI governor who has been part of IMF’s 12-member External Advisory Group.
1) Bimal Jalan
2) Y Venugopal Reddy
3) C Rangarajan
4) S Venkitaraman
5) Raghuram Rajan
Answer-5) Raghuram Rajan
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) Managing Director (MD) Kristalina Georgieva named former Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor Raghuram Rajan and 11 others to its new External Advisory Group.
- The Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Steelis the Indian delegate in G20 extraordinary energy ministers virtual meeting 2020. Who is the present Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Steel?
1) Dharmendra Pradhan
2) Raj Kumar Singh
3) Thaawar Chand Gehlot
4) Krishan Pal
5) Ramdas Athawale
Answer-1) Dharmendra Pradhan
The Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Steel Dharmendra Pradhan has attended the G20 Extraordinary Energy Ministers’meeting 2020 on behalf of India through video conferencing. The meeting was presided over by Saudi Arabia as the president & focused on the ways and means to ensure stable energy markets, which have been affected due to decrease in demand because of coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Name the institute under Department of Science and Technology (DST) which developed disinfection gateway & face mask disposal bin.
1) Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute
2) Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Science and Technology
3) National Institute of Science Technology and Development Studies
4) Central Scientific Instruments Organisation
5) National Institute of Science Communication & Information Resources
Answer-2) Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Science and Technology
Scientists at Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Science and Technology (SCTIMST), Trivandram, Kerala, an autonomous institute under the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India (GOI), have designed two technologies- disinfection gateway and face mask disposal bin to fight COVID-19 pandemic.
- Along with which institute of AIIMS – Bharat Electronics Limited has developed India’s 1st remote health monitoring system.
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)– Rishikesh (Uttarakhand) and Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), an Indian state-owned aerospace and defence company, have jointly developed India’s 1st remote health monitoring system. With this help, the remote parameters of coronavirus (COVID-19)-infected patients quarantined in homes and hospitals can be detected from anywhere.
- The Scientists of which space agency has measured wind speed on a brown dwarf.
1) European Space Agency (ESA)
2) Chinese National Space Agency (CNSA)
3) Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
4) Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)
5) National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
Answer-5) National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
Scientists at the NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration), the United States (US) space agency, has measured wind speed on a brown dwarf named 2MASS J10475385+2124234, which is located 32 light-years from Earth, by using the National Science Foundation’s Karl G. Jansky Very Large Array (VLA) & NASA’s recently retired infrared observatory and the Spitzer Space Telescope.
- The Researchers of which institute has developed ‘Digital stethoscope’ which can can listen to hear beats from a distance and record.
1) IIT Mandi
2) IIT Kanpur
3) IIT Bombay
4) IIT Madras
5) IIT Calcutta
Answer-3) IIT Bombay
A team from Biomedical Engineering & Technology incubation Centre (BETiC) at the Indian Institute of Technology of Bombay (IIT-B) has developed a “digital stethoscope” that can listen to hear beats from a distance and record them. Thus the smart stethoscope minimises the risk to doctors and health care professionals who are handling COVID- 19 (Coronavirus) patients.
- With which smartphone company Google ties up to create coronavirus contact tracing technology using Bluetooth signals?
Apple Inc.,an American multinational technology company,has partnered with Google LLC have jointly create a coronavirus (COVID-19) contact tracing technology using Bluetooth signals.
- Shanti Hiranand who passed away in April 2020 is ________.
2) Classical Singer
4) Social Activist
Answer-2) Classical Singer
Shanti Hiranand, renowned Hindustani Classical singer and Padma Shri awardee passed away at the age of 87 in Gurugram, Haryana. She was born in 1932 in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (UP).
- Zimbabwean Cricketer Jackie du Preez who passed away recently played for which nation (initially)?
3) New Zealand
4) South Africa
Answer-4) South Africa
Former Zimbabwean cricketer Jackie du Preez passed away due to long-standing heart condition in Harare at the age of 77, who played for South Africa in Zimbabwe’s pre-independence days. He played in two Tests for South Africa in 1967.
- When was National Safe Motherhood Day (NSMD) celebrated annually?
1) April 8
2) March 29
3) April 11
4) May 4
5) March 18
Answer-3) April 11
National Safe Motherhood Day (NSMD) is celebrated annually on April 11, to raise awareness on proper healthcare and maternity facilities to pregnant and lactating women. NSMD is an initiative of the White Ribbon Alliance India (WRAI) to ensure that every woman should have the availability and enough access to care during pregnancy, childbirth and postnatal service.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the present DG of Indian Council of Medical Research?
- Who is the present Railway Minister of India?
- Where is the HQ of Jana Small Finance Bank located?
- Name the person who is the present Controller General of Accounts (CGA) in India.
Answer-Soma Roy Burman (24th)
- Where is the HQ of Karnataka Bank located?
- Who is the present CEO of Google LLC?
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/current-affairs-april-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try April Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]
- Who is the present DG of Indian Council of Medical Research?