AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 11 October 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs October 2023 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- Which of the following points is/are “correct” with respect to the recent step taken by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry (MoCI) under the Foreign Trade Policy (FTP) 2023 in October 2023?
A) Union Minister of Commerce & Industry Piyush Goyal, launched a new initiative for issuing system-based automatic ‘Status Holder’ certificates under the Foreign Trade Policy (FTP) 2023.
B) The new system eliminates the need for exporters to apply for a Status Certificate from the Directorate General of Trade Remedies (DGTR).
C) The Export recognition is automated through the IT system using existing merchandise export data and risk parameters from Directorate General of Commercial Intelligence and Statistics (DGCIS).
1) Only A
2) Only A & B
3) Only B & C
4) Only A & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-4) Only A & C
On October 9, 2023, Union Minister Piyush Goyal, Ministry of Commerce & Industry (MoCI), launched a new initiative for issuing system-based automatic ‘Status Holder’ certificates under the Foreign Trade Policy (FTP) 2023.
The initiative was launched during the meeting with Export Promotion Councils.
What is in the system:
The new system eliminates the need for exporters to apply for a Status Certificate from the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT).
Export recognition is automated through the IT (Information Technology) system using existing merchandise export data and risk parameters from Directorate General of Commercial Intelligence and Statistics (DGCIS).
This streamlines the process, reduces compliance burden, and promotes ease of doing business.
Eligible exporters can modify their status online later, ensuring a simplified process without the need for manual applications or certifications.
Note: At present, there are around 14 Export Promotion Councils under the administrative control of the Department of Commerce.
- In October 2023, South Asia’s first Aircraft Recovery Training School (ARTS) has established in ____________(Airport).
1) Chennai International Airport
2) Indira Gandhi International Airport
3) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport
4) Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport
5) Kempegowda International AirportAnswer- 5) Kempegowda International Airport
Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL) has established South Asia’s first Aircraft Recovery Training School (ARTS) on the premises of Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru (KIAB/BLR Airport) in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
i. BIAL formed a strategic partnership with KUNZ GmbH Aircraft Equipment, Germany.
ii. BIAL is the first airport in India to acquire Code F compatible aircraft recovery equipment and assemble a proficient team of recovery managers.
iii. The Aircraft Recovery Training School (ARTS) provides aircraft recovery hands-on training, equipped with state-of-the-art Disabled Aircraft Recovery Equipment (DARE).
- In October 2023, _____________ has become the first airport in Asia to commission a “Disabled Aircraft Recovery Kit” (DARK).
1) Don Mueang International Airport (Bangkok, Thailand)
2) Kempegowda International Airport (Karnataka, India)
3) Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (Maharashtra, India)
4) Indira Gandhi International Airport (New Delhi, India)
5) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport (Gujarat, India)Answer-3) Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (Maharashtra, India)
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (CSMIA) of Mumbai, Maharashtra, India has become the first airport in Asia to commission a “Disabled Aircraft Recovery Kit” (DARK), to help stranded aircraft.
i. DARK can quickly and efficiently recover large commercial and transport aircraft that have become disabled due to runway excursions or other incidents.
ii. DARK uses high-pressure lifting bags that are more durable and require fewer people to operate than conventional low-pressure systems.
iii. It can recover aircraft up to 390 tonnes in weight, including the world’s largest aircraft, the Boeing 777-300ER.
- Name the insurance company that has recently (in Oct ‘23) introduced surrogacy cover and oocyte donor cover to its women-centric policy.
1) Care Health Insurance
2) Star Health and Allied Insurance
3) Aditya Birla Health Insurance
4) Niva Bupa Health Insurance
5) Manipal Cigna Health InsuranceAnswer-2) Star Health and Allied Insurance
On October 9, 2023, Star Health and Allied Insurance introduced surrogacy cover and oocyte donor cover to its women-centric policy namely Star Women Care Insurance Policy at no extra charge for policyholders.
i. This inclusion will address the demand in assisted reproduction treatment, and extend health insurance coverage to surrogate mothers and oocyte donors.
ii. The Surrogate Mother & Oocyte Donor Cover is applicable for adults 25 to 35 years. The sum insured under this is available up to Rs. 1 Crore.
- Which Company/Financial Institutions has recently (in Oct ‘23) sanctioned loans worth Rs 8,800 crore for airports and civil aviation infrastructure development in India?
1) Industrial Finance Corporation of India
2) Infrastructure Development Finance Company
3) Srei Infrastructure Finance Limited
4) National Bank For Financing Infrastructure And Development
5) India Infrastructure Finance Company LimitedAnswer- 5) India Infrastructure Finance Company Limited
India Infrastructure Finance Company Limited (IIFCL) has sanctioned loans worth Rs 8,800 crore for airports and civil aviation infrastructure development in India.
The IIFCL has already sanctioned loans of around Rs 4,000 crore.
i. IIFCL is one of India’s major airport financiers and has supported airports with a total project outlay of about Rs 74,000 crore.
ii. IIFCL along with the Government of India will continue to support the development of world-class airport infrastructure in India under the Public-Private-Partnership(PPP) model.
It will also explore opportunities to fund greenfield airport projects and Maintenance, Repairs and Overhaul (MRO) facilities.
- Who has been recently (in Oct ‘23) awarded with the 2023 Nobel Economics Prize by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences?
1) Douglas Diamond (United States of America)
2) Bengt Holmström (Finland)
3) Claudia Goldin (United States of America)
4) Philip H. Dybvig (United Kingdom)
5) David Card (Canada)Answer-3) Claudia Goldin (United States of America)
Professor Claudia Goldin of Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, the United States of America (USA) won the 2023 Nobel Economics Prize, formally known as the Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel, for her research contributions to the understanding of women’s roles and outcomes in the labour market.
i. The Prize in Economic Sciences is awarded by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Stockholm, Sweden, it shares the same principles as the Nobel Prizes, which have been awarded since 1901.
ii. Claudia Goldin is the 55th recipient of the Economic Science Prize since its inception in 1969.
iii. She is the 3rd woman to receive the award after Elinor Ostrom (USA) in 2009 and Esther Duflo (French-American) in 2019. She is also the first woman to win the prize solo.
In 2009, Elinor Ostrom became the 1st woman to win the Economics prize. She shared the award with Oliver E Williamson. Esther Duflo shared the 2019 award with her husband Abhijit Banerjee, and Michael Kremer.
- Which organisation has recently (in Oct ‘23) re-elected Nandini Azad as a member for the 2nd term?
1) Universal Postal Union
2) Inter-Parliamentary Union
3) International Trade Union Confederation
4) International Telecommunication Union
5) International Raiffeisen UnionAnswer-5) International Raiffeisen Union
Nandini Azad, President of the Indian Cooperative Network for Women (ICNW) and the Working Women’s Forum (WWF) (India), has been re-elected as a member of the International Raiffeisen Union (IRU) Board for the 2nd term.
i. In 2018, she was elected to the IRU Board becoming the first Indian and first woman to be appointed to the post.
ii. At Present, she is also serving as the Chairperson of the International Cooperative Alliance(ICA) – Asia Pacific(AP) Committee on Women.
iii. Other Noted appointment:
Guy Hoffmann from Banque Raiffeisen Luxembourg has been elected as the new IRU President, succeeding Franky Depickere from Cera.
National Cooperative Union of India (NCUI) President Dileepbhai Sanghani has been re-elected unopposed as the director on the board of IRU.
- In October 2023, Researchers discovered a new species of colourful dragonfly, “Red-rumped Hawklet” in ____________ (district).
1) Warangal, Telangana
2) Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
3) Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu
4) Wayanad, Kerala
5) Balasore, OdishaAnswer-4) Wayanad, Kerala
Researchers have discovered a new species of colourful dragonfly in Wayanad, Kerala. The new species, also known as “Red-rumped Hawklet”, is given the scientific nomenclature “Epithemis wayanadensis”. It is named after its habitat “the Wayanad plateau”, situated among the biodiverse Western Ghats.
The discovery of the new species is published in the peer-reviewed, open-access journal, Journal of Asia-Pacific Biodiversity, by the Elsevier Group.
i. The species Epithemis wayanadensis (E. wayanadensis) belongs to the Genus Epithemis, a genus of insects, and family Libellulidae. It is endemic to the Western Ghats, India.
ii. E. wayanadensis is a sister taxon of Ruby-tailed Hawklet (Epithemis Mariae) a very similar species found in small colonies closely associated with forested marshes in south India.
- Which of the following points is “Incorrect” with respect to the Hangzhou 2022 Asian Games (19th edition of Asian games) held from September to October 2023?
1) India finished fourth in the medal tally of the Hangzhou Asian Games 2022 with 107 medals (28 gold, 38 silver, and 41 bronze), which is India’s highest medal tally at the Asian Games.
2) Tarundeep Rai became the first Indian archer to win three gold medals (men’s individual, men’s compound team and mixed team event) in the Asian Games.
3) Neeraj Chopra won his second consecutive gold medal in the men’s Javelin throw in the Asian games with a best throw of 88.88 metres.
4) Parul Chaudhary won two medals including gold medal in the women’s 5000m race and the silver medal in the 3000m women’s steeplechase.
5) Avinash Sable was the first Indian to win the gold medal in the 3000m men’s steeplechase event in any Asian Games.Answer-2) Tarundeep Rai became the first Indian archer to win three gold medals (men’s individual, men’s compound team and mixed team event) in the Asian Games.
India finished Fourth in the medal tally of the Hangzhou Asian Games 2022 with 107 medals (28 gold, 38 silver and 41 bronze).
The People’s Republic of China tops the medal tally with 383 medals (201 gold, 111 silver and 71 bronze) followed by Japan with a total 188 medals ( 52 gold, 67 silver and 69 bronze).
The 19th edition of the Asian Games marks India’s record for the highest medal tally so far, surpassing the previous record medal tally of 70 medals (16 gold, 23 silver, and 31 bronze) at the Jakarta Asian Games 2018.
India won the highest number of medals in the Shooting event with 22 medals (7 Gold, 9 Silver, and 6 Bronze).
It was followed by Athletics 29 medals (6 Gold,14 Silver, and 9 Bronze) and Archery 9 medals (5 Gold, 2 Silver, and 2 Bronze).
Nagpur’s (Maharashtra) Ojas Pravin Deotale won three gold medals in Archery including men’s individual, men’s compound team event along with Abhishek Verma and Prathamesh Jawkar, mixed team event along with Jyothi Surekha Vennam
He was the first Indian archer to win three gold medals in the Asian Games so far.
Neeraj Chopra won his second consecutive gold medal in the men’s Javelin throw in the Asian games with a best throw of 88.88 metres, while Annu Rani from India won the gold medal in the women’s Javelin throw with the best throw of 62.92m.
India’s Kishore Kumar Jena won the silver medal with the best throw of 87.54 metres in the men’s Javelin throw.
Parul Chaudhary won two medals including gold medal in the women’s 5000m race and the silver medal in the 3000m women’s steeplechase. He also holds the national record for the 5000m with a time of 15:10.35.
Avinash Sable was the first Indian to win the gold medal in the 3000m men’s steeplechase event in any Asian Games. Avinash also won the silver medal in the men’s 5000m race.
Avinash finished the race in 8:19.50 minutes, breaking the previous Asian Games record of 8:22.79 minutes by Iran’s Hossein Keyhani in 2018.
Sable’s medal was India’s first in the men’s 5000m since Raj Kumar’s bronze medal in 1982.
- What was the theme of National Postal Week 2023 that was observed across India from 9th to 13th October 2023?
1) Innovate to recover
2) Together for trust: Collaborating for a safe and connected future
3) We Have Always Delivered
4) Imagine you are a letter travelling through time
5) Post for PlanetAnswer-2) Together for trust: Collaborating for a safe and connected future
National Postal Week is annually observed across India from October 09 to 13 to generate a broad awareness about the role of India Post and its activities among the public and media at a national level.
i. The observance of National Postal Week is led by the Department of Posts (DOP).
ii. The National Postal Week 2023 is observed from 9th to 13th October 2023 under the theme “Together for trust: Collaborating for a safe and connected future”. This is the theme of World Post Day 2023.
iii. National Postal Week started with World Post Day, observed across the globe on 9 October to mark the anniversary of the establishment of Universal Postal Union’s (UPU) in 1874.