AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 11 November 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- How much has been released by Central Govt. as first instalment to 42 cities from 15 states for the improvement of air quality measures according to the recommendation of 15th Finance Commission?
1) 2,000 crore
2) 1,700 crore
3) 2,500 crore
4) 2,200 crore
5) 3,200 croreAnswer-4) 2,200 crore
The Fifteenth Finance Commission (XVFC) led by Chairman Nand Kishore (NK) Singh submitted its Report titled “Finance Commission in Covid Time” for the period of five years from 2021-22 to 2025-26 to the President of India Ram Nath Kovind. The cover of the report has a figure of scales indicating the balance between the States and the Union.
According to the XVFC’s terms of reference (ToR) set by the President, the commission has examined and recommended the devolution of funds between the Centre and the States for a five years period along with wide-ranging recommendations in different sectors.
Based on the recommendations of XVFC, the central government on November 9, 2020 released Rs 2,200 crore as the first installment to 15 states for the improvement of air quality measures in their cities. Greater Mumbai (Maharashtra) receive the highest allocation of Rs 244 crore.
- What is the percentage of GDP targeted by the 15th Finance Commission for Health Expenditure by including the health care scenario for the first time in India?
1) 1.2 %
2) 1.8 %
3) 2.1 %
4) 2.5 %
5) 2.7 %Answer-3) 2.1 %
The Fifteenth Finance Commission (XVFC) led by Chairman Nand Kishore (NK) Singh submitted its Report titled “Finance Commission in Covid Time” for the period of five years from 2021-22 to 2025-26 to the President of India Ram Nath Kovind. It should be noted that this is the first time that a chapter on the health care scenario of the country is introduced along with recommendations in order to boost public-health spending in a post-pandemic era.
The target is that the Centre alone should be able to spend at least 2.1% of GDP (Gross Domestic Product) on health in the next five years.
- The Ministry of Labour and Employment notified the draft rules for the Industrial Relations Code, 2020 in the Official Gazette of India on September 29, 2020. All four labour codes would be implemented from ______?
1) December 1, 2020
2) January 1, 2021
3) May 1, 2021
4) March 1, 2021
5) April 1, 2021Answer-5) April 1, 2021
The Ministry of Labour and Employment notified the draft rules for the Industrial Relations Code, 2020 in the Official Gazette of India on September 29, 2020.The ministry sought comments from various stakeholders within 30 days for finalizing the rules. Government aims to implement the four labour codes from April 1, 2021. The Industrial Relation (Central) Rules, 2020 will replace the Industrial Tribunal (Procedure) Rules, 1949, the Industrial Tribunal (Central Procedure) Rules, 1954, the Industrial Disputes (Central) Rules, 1957 and Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Central Rules, 1946.
Establishments with 300 or more workers need to seek government approval for lay-offs 15 days prior to the intended action. The earlier limit was 100 employees.
Moreover, for retrenchment and closure the establishments would have to seek permission 60 daya and 90 days in advance respectively.
- Under what scheme will the Government of India plan to set up 14 more aerodromes across India following the launch of the maiden seaplane service in Kevadiya, Gujarat?
5) HRIDAYAnswer-3) UDAN
Following the launch of the maiden seaplane service between the Statue of Unity in Kevadiya of Narmada Gujarat and Sabarmati Riverfront in Ahmedabad, the Government of India plans to set up 14 more aerodromes across India under the Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) UDAN (Ude Desh ka Aam Naagrik) of Ministry of Civil Aviation.
These 14 aerodromes will enable seaplane services on multiple routes which includes, lakshadweep, Andaman and Nicobar, Assam, Maharashtra and Uttarakhand.
- What will be the venue for International Bird Festival to be organised in February 2021?
1) Ahmadabad, Gujarat
2) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
3) Kevadiya, Gujarat
4) Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh
5) Lucknow, Uttar PradeshAnswer-4) Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh
Dara Singh Chauhan, Uttar Pradesh Minister of Forest and Environment announced that the International Bird Festival will be organised in Gorakhpur district of Uttar Pradesh (UP) in February 2021.
He also informed that Gorakhpur is developing in the tourism and ecotourism sector and it is set to have a zoological park in 2021. The International bird festival will attract international level tourists for Gorakhpur Lake and bird watching. The forest department of Uttar Pradesh has been instructed to materialize this bird festival.
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) revised the PM-KUSUM scheme goal to of 30.8 GigaWatt (GW) by 2022 with revised Central Financial Support of INR 34, 035 crores. Who are the beneficiaries of PM-KUSUM?
2) Self-Help Groups (SHGs)
4) Street Vendors
5) Micro & Small EnterprisesAnswer-3) Farmers
Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) issued an order for scale-up and expansion of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha Evam Utthan Mahabhiyan (PM-KUSUM) Scheme for farmers for installation of solar pumps and grid connected solar and other renewable power plants in India. It has set a target of enhanced solar capacity of 30.8 GigaWatt (GW) by 2022 with revised Central Financial Support of INR 34, 035 crores. Previously It aimed to add solar and other renewable capacity of 25, 750 MW by 2022 with a Financial support of INR 34, 422 Crores.
- Which Bank launched a new indigenous contactless RuPay debit card- National Common Mobility Card (NCMC)?
1) Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
2) Andhra Bank
3) South Indian Bank
4) Karnataka Bank
5) State Bank of IndiaAnswer-4) Karnataka Bank
In accordance with the vision of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), Karnataka Bank Limited launched a new indigenous RuPay debit card- National Common Mobility Card (NCMC). This card is the bank’s 1st ever contactless debit Card. The card is an international Contact-less, debit cum prepaid and interoperable transport card, a ‘One Nation One Card i.e., a card with many benefits’.
- Name the India’s First Individual Covid-19 Life Insurance Policy launched by Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance Company Limited.
1) Covid Secure+
2) Covid Kavach+
3) Covid Bubble+
4) Covid Guard+
5) Covid Shield+Answer-5) Covid Shield+
Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance Company Limited launched, ‘Covid Shield+’, India’s First Individual Covid-19 Life Insurance Policy. The comprehensive solution provides financial protection against the impact of COVID-19 diagnosis.
- Mobikwik partnered with which company to launch its first-ever digital prepaid Card?
4) American Express
5) PaypalAnswer-4) American Express
Mobikwik partnered with American Express (Amex) to launch its first ever Card, ‘MobiKwik Blue American Express Card’, a digital prepaid Card on Amex network. It is the 1st first prepaid payments card of Amex with a flexible credit limit. With this launch, MobiKwik becomes the first non-bank Indian company to become a member of the American Express network and issue Cards in India.
- Rajasthan Government signed a MoU with which of the companies to establish Ultra Mega Renewal Energy Power Park (8, 000 Megawatts) to illuminate India’s border areas with Pakistan in Rajasthan?
1) National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
2) Avaada Power Pvt Ltd
3) Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI)
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 1 & 3Answer-5) Both 1 & 3
Rajasthan Government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) and Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) to establish Ultra Mega Renewal Energy Power Park to illuminate India’s border areas with Pakistan in Rajasthan.
The park will be of 8, 000 MegaWatts (MW) capacity, and will comprise of 4, 310 MW of Wind Energy, 3, 760 of Solar Energy and 120 MW of Power from Biomass.
- Who has won the “Dr. Tulsi Das Chugh Award 2020” for his research work on the life cycle of Malaria Parasite?
1) S. Hareesh
2) Jayasree Kalathil
3) Satish Mishra
4) Yash Gulati
5) Yogi AeronAnswer-3) Satish Mishra
National Academy of Medical Sciences (NAMS) (India) announced that Dr Satish Mishra the Principal Scientist of the Division of Molecular Parasitology and Immunology at Council of Scientific and Industrial Research – Central Drug Research Institute (CSIR-CDRI), Lucknow has won the “Dr. Tulsi Das Chugh Award 2020” for his research work on the life cycle of Malaria Parasite which involves two hosts and 3 invasive stages.
- Which State has won the first place in the Union ministry of Jal Shakti’s 2nd National Water Awards for 2019 under the best state (normal) category for the conservation and management of water?
1) Andhra Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
5) OdishaAnswer-4) Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu won first place in the Union ministry of Jal Shakti’s 2nd National Water Awards for 2019 under the best state (normal) category for the conservation and management of water. K Manivasan, PWD Secretary will receive the Best State Award on behalf of Tamil Nadu Government. The Awards will be presented during the 2-day virtual ceremony on 11th and 12th November 2020. Around 98 awards in 16 different categories will be presented during the virtual event.
- Who will head the 9 member working group set up by IRDAI to revisit the product structures of engineering tariffs?
1) Subhash Chandra Khuntia
2) Ajay Tyagi
3) Praveen Kutumbe
4) R Chandrasekaran
5) V S Narendra ChandraAnswer-4) R Chandrasekaran
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has set up a 9 member working group headed by R Chandrasekaran to revisit the product structures of engineering tariffs relevant to the retail businesses and provide suitable recommendations to revise them. The committee will submit the report within 3 months.
- 1st BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (FMCBG) meeting held on November 9, 2020 under the chairmanship of which country?
5) South AfricaAnswer-2) Russia
Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman virtually participated in the 1st BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (FMCBG) meeting under the Chairmanship of Russia.
Agenda: To discuss the outcomes of G20 (Group of Twenty) Saudi Presidency in 2020, a digital platform to encourage infrastructure investments and expansion of the membership of the New Development Bank (NDB).
- Which State topped the index “Interstate Migrant Policy Index (IMPEX) 2019” released by India Migration Now?
1) Andhra Pradesh
5) Uttar PradeshAnswer-3) Kerala
The Mumbai (Maharashtra) based research non-profit India Migration Now has released “Interstate Migrant Policy Index (IMPEX) 2019” stating integration of interstate migrants. In accordance to this, the states of Kerala, Goa, Rajasthan and Andhra Pradesh (AP) have been most successful in integrating migrant workers. India’s average IMPEX 2019 score for 28 states and the Union Territory (UT) of National Capital Territory (NCT) Delhi is 37 out of 100.
The IMPEX is a regional adaptation of the international Migrant Integration Policy Index (MIPEX). India Migration Now is a venture of the South East Migration Foundation.
- Which state has shown the maximum incremental improvement in 6th edition of “Doing Business in India: The UK Perspective” released by United Kingdom India Business Council’s (UKIBC)?
5) GujaratAnswer-4) Maharashtra
The 6th edition of United Kingdom India Business Council’s (UKIBC) Doing Business in India Report 2020 titled “Doing Business in India: The UK Perspective” was virtually launched by the UK Investment Minister Lord Gerry Grimstone at a roundtable with Indian industrialists during his virtual visit to India. In accordance to the report, 66% of the surveyed UK businesses found easier to do business in India due to progressive reforms and improvements in components such as the availability of support and service providers, skilled labour, and supply chain.
Notably, for the third year running, Maharashtra came out as the state with maximum incremental improvement, followed by Karnataka, Delhi, Gujarat, and Tamil Nadu.
- Which tech giant signed an agreement to acquire a 100% of the shares of Postbank Systems AG (PBS) from Deutsche Bank AG?
4) Tech Mahindra
5) WiproAnswer-3) TCS
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) signed an agreement with Deutsche Bank AG, under which TCS will acquire a 100% of the shares of Postbank Systems AG (PBS) from Deutsche Bank AG. The value of the deal was not disclosed. PBS is the IT(Information and Technology) service provider of Deutsche Bank. Deutsche Bank is an existing IT services partner of TCS.
- The Central Government is planning to sell what % of stake in railway engineering company IRCON International Ltd through an offer-for-sale of shares?
5) 30%Answer-2) 15%
The government is planning to sell up to 15 per cent of its stake in railway engineering company IRCON International Ltd through an offer-for-sale of shares. The government currently holds 89.18 per cent stake in IRCON International Ltd. The government is looking to raise Rs 2.10 lakh crore through disinvestment in the current fiscal. This includes Rs 1.20 lakh crore from Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) stake sale and Rs 90,000 crore from sale of government stake in financial institutions.
So far this fiscal, Rs 6,138 crore has been raised from selling minority stake in CPSEs as COVID-19 pandemic has delayed big ticket disinvestments like Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL).
- A model of Anti Satellite (A-SAT) Missile was unveiled on November 9, 2020. It is developed by which organisation?
1) National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
2) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
3) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
4) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
5) Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL)Answer-3) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
A model of Anti Satellite (A-SAT) Missile installed inside the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) Bhawan premises, New Delhi, was unveiled by Union Defence Minister (Raksha Mantri) Rajnath Singh. It was unveiled in the presence of Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Jairam Gadkari and Secretary Directorate for Defense Research And Development (DDR&D) & Chairman DRDO, Dr G Satheesh Reddy. ‘Mission Shakti’ was country’s first ever Anti-Satellite (ASAT) Missile Test successfully conducted on 27th March 2019 from Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Island in Odisha. With this, India became the fourth nation in the world with the capability to defend its assets in outer space.
- Virgin Hyperloop successfully completed the first-ever human trial in the hyperloop pod at the 500 metre DevLoop test facility in the Las Vegas,United States (US) on November 8, 2020. India’s first Hyperloop project is being set up in which state?
1) Tamil Nadu
5) Andhra PradeshAnswer-3) Maharashtra
Virgin Hyperloop successfully completed the first-ever human trial in the hyperloop pod at the 500 metre DevLoop test facility in the Las Vegas,United States (US) on November 8, 2020. Josh Giegel, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, Virgin Hyperloop and Sara Luchian, Director of Passenger Experience of Virgin Hyperloop, were the first people in the world to ride on Hyperloop. They travelled 500 metres in 15 seconds in newly-unveiled XP-2 vehicle, reaching 107 mph (172 Km per hour). The testing campaign will continue with Pune native and Virgin Hyperloop Power Electronics Specialist, Tanay Manjrekar to ride next in Hyperloop. Virgin Hyperloop came to India in 2017 and has been working with the Maharashtra state governments on the Mumbai-Pune project to build the India’s first commercial Hyperloop corridor.
- Which Country released a pictorial anthology on Mahatma Gandhi, titled ‘Maile Bujheko Gandhi’ (the Gandhi as I understood or ‘My understanding about Gandhi’) to celebrate the 151st birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi?
3) South Africa
5) BangladeshAnswer-4) Nepal
Bidhya Devi Bhandari, President of Nepal released a pictorial anthology on Mahatma Gandhi in Nepali language, titled ‘Maile Bujheko Gandhi’(the Gandhi as I understood or ‘My understanding about Gandhi’)at a special function in Shital Niwas, Kathmandu in the presence of Vinay Mohan Kwatra, Ambassador of India to Nepal.
The book was published by the Embassy of India along with B. P. Koirala India-Nepal Foundation. The special anthology was released to celebrate the 151st birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, the Father of Indian Nation and also to mark the culmination of the two years long celebrations of ‘150 years of Mahatma’ – [email protected]
- Who released the Book (a compilation of selected Facebook posts) ‘Majhi Bhint’ (My Wall) authored by Rajendra Darda, former Maharashtra Minister of Education?
1) Narendra Modi
2) Ram Nath Kovind
3) Bhagat Singh Koshyari
4) Uddhav Thackeray
5) M Venkaiah NaiduAnswer-3) Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Bhagat Singh Koshyari, governor of Maharashtra released the Marathi language book ‘Majhi Bhint’ (My Wall) authored by Rajendra Darda, former Maharashtra Minister of Education at Raj Bhavan, Mumbai, Maharashtra. The book is a compilation of selected Facebook posts of Rajendra Darda that pertains to a range of issues written over the last four years.
- Who authored the Book titled ‘How to Be a Writer’?
1) J K Rowling
2) Ruskin Bond
3) Salman Rushdie
4) Chetan Bhagat
5) Shashi TharoorAnswer-2) Ruskin Bond
The book titled ‘How to Be a Writer’ authored by Ruskin Bond was published by HarperCollins India. The book gives practical advice for every person who is aspiring to write and be published. The book gives a glimpse into the writing credo of Ruskin Bond, the author who has over 70 years of successful writing career.
The book has been written in the humorous style of Ruskin Bond.
As per Ruskin Bond, to become a writer, the person must have the following qualities-love of books, languages and life, an observant eye, a good memory, enthusiasm, optimism and persistence.
- Who will author the Book ‘Jacinda Ardern:Leading with Empathy’ – A Biography of New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern to be published in 2021?
1) Jacindaa Arden
2) Carl A Harte
3) Supriya Vani
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3Answer-5) Both 2 & 3
‘Jacinda Ardern:Leading with Empathy’ – A Biography of New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern will be published in 2021 by HarperCollins.The book will be authored by Supriya Vani and Carl A Harte. The book aims to take the reader to the places, to meet the people and see the culture, and understand the events that propelled this daughter of a small-town policeman to high office. In October, 2020, Jacinda Ardern was re-elected in the 2020 New Zealand General Elections.
- Satyajit Ghosh passed away recently. He was a renowned player of which game?
5) BadmintonAnswer-1) Football
Satyajit Ghosh, former football player of India and Mohun Bagan passed away at the age of 62 at Bandel, West Bengal due to cardiac arrest. The defender represented India in the 1985 Nehru Cup.
- United Nations (UN)’s World Science Day for Peace and Development is observed on which date?
1) November 7
2) November 8
3) November 9
4) November 10
5) November 11Answer-4) November 10
United Nations (UN)’s World Science Day for Peace and Development is annually celebrated across the globe on 10th November to highlight the role of Science in society and the need to engage the public on the discussion on the emerging scientific issues.
The first World Science Day for Peace and Development was observed on 10 November 2002 under United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) auspices. The theme of the World Science Day for Peace and Development 2020 is “Science for and with Society” with the focus on the “Science for and with Society in dealing with the global pandemic”.
- What percent of the river Ganga has high biodiversity according to the first ever study done in India on the entire Ganga River by Wildlife Institute of India (WII)?
5) 61%Answer-3) 49%
Wildlife Institute of India (WII) in the second phase of its survey of the entire main stem of Ganga river (Main river without its tributaries) found that 49% of the river has high biodiversity and increased biodiversity sightings. Scientists have stated that this indicated reduction of pollution levels and a healthier state of the river. The study was initiated by WII on behalf of the National Mission for Clean Ganga. This is the first ever study done in India on the entire Ganga river, and first of all its biodiversity.
- Naveen Patnaik Chief Minister of Odisha launched a mobile application – “Secha Samadhan” to enable farmers to directly connect with which department of state?
1) Land Resources Department
2) Fertilizer Resources Department
3) Crop Resources Department
4) Water Resources Department
5) Power Resources DepartmentAnswer-4) Water Resources Department
Naveen Patnaik Chief Minister of Odisha launched a mobile application – “Secha Samadhan” to enable farmers to directly connect with the Water Resources Department.
He also launched 4 online services to solve the issues on water distribution for industries, commercial establishments and other institutes. With this application the farmers can send their grievances through photographs or videos and immediate steps will be taken regarding the grievances of the farmers.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- In which state PM Narendra Modi inaugurated a housing complex for players in Sampurnanand Stadium during his visit?
1) Kevadia, Gujarat
2) Patna, Bihar
3) Kolakata, West Bengal
4) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
5) Surat, GujaratAnswer-4) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Novemebr 9, 2020 inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of various development projects in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, via video conferencing. The Prime Minister’s Office said the cost of these projects is Rs 614 crore. The projects inaugurated by the prime minister include upgrading Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital Ramnagar, a multipurpose seed storehouse and Sarnath Light and Sound show, sewerage-related works, infrastructure facilities for protection and conservation of cows and a housing complex for players in Sampurnanand Stadium.
- Kalbelia Folk Dance is associated with which state?
1) Madhya Pradesh
2) Uttar Pradesh
5) GujaratAnswer-4) Rajasthan
Kalbelia or Kabeliya is a dance from Rajasthan, performed by the tribe of the same name. The dance is an integral part of their culture and performed by men and women.
- Where is Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve located?
1) Tamil Nadu
2) Madhya Pradesh
3) Andhra Pradesh
5) KarnatakaAnswer-1) Tamil Nadu
Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve is a protected area and tiger reserve in the Eastern Ghats in the Erode District of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It has a tiger population of 83 and a leopard population of 111 according to the 2019 census.
- Chilika bird Sanctuary is located in which state?
5) Himachal PradeshAnswer-1) Odisha
The Chilika Lagoon is 64km in length, while its width varies between 18km and 5km. The lagoon has many islands, some of which are uninhabited. Nalabana Island, in the centre of the lake, is a bird sanctuary. Rambha Island lies in the southwest portion of the lake while Barkul is close to the centre. Between the two lie Barakuda and Pathra. Satpada is in the east.
Chilka Lake is being treated as the real paradise for the bird-lovers and ornithologists since the whole vicinity attracts large number of aquatic birds preferably in winters for the migratory counts. The major species that can be witnessed as White bellied sea eagles, Graylag geese, purple moorhen, flamingo jacana and herons. Chilka Lake Bird Sanctuary is also a habitant of one of biggest breeding places of flamingos in the world.
- Where is the headquarters of United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)?
1) Washington D.C, US
2) Austria, Vienna
3) Geneva, Switzerland
4) Manila, Philippines
5) Paris, FranceAnswer-5) Paris, France
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations aimed at promoting world peace and security through international cooperation in education, the sciences, and culture. It is headquartered in Paris, France & Director General is Audrey Azoulay.