AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 11 March 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which organisation(s) partnered with Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) India to release the “Mobilising Finance for EVs in India” report, that analyses the Indian Electric Vehicle market’s potential?
1) NITI Aayog
2) National Development Council
3) Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
4) Both 1 & 2
5) All 1, 2 & 3Answer-1) NITI Aayog
NITI Aayog along with Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) India released the ‘Mobilising Finance for EVs in India: A Toolkit of Solutions to Mitigate Risks and Address Market Barriers’ report. The report identified the Indian EV market size to be of USD 50 billion (Rs 3.7 lakh crore) by 2030. NITI Aayog have recommended India’s State Transport Undertakings (STUs) to deploy 5,595 e-buses under FAME II via a Gross Cost Contract (GCC).
- Over which river is the India Bangladesh Friendship bridge, the ‘Maitri Setu’ was constructed, that connects India’s Tripura state with Bangladesh?
1) Sonai River
2) Feni River
3) Gadadhar River
4) Madhumati River
5) Barak RiverAnswer-2) Feni River
PM Narendra Modi Inaugurated the ‘Maitri Setu’ (India-Bangladesh Friendship Bridge) virtually between India and Bangladesh over Feni River at Sabroom in south Tripura. With this inauguration, Tripura is set to become the ‘Gateway of North East’ with access to Chittagong Port of Bangladesh. The bridge will be connecting the North Eastern States of India with Bangladesh.
- Which organisation released the report, “Connecting to Thrive: Challenges and Opportunities of Transport Integration in Eastern South Asia” that highlighted India’s potential to increase its GDP by 8%?
1) United Nations Development Programme
2) International Monetary Fund
3) World Bank
4) World Economic Forum
5) World Trade OrganizationAnswer-3) World Bank
As per the report “Connecting to Thrive: Challenges and Opportunities of Transport Integration in Eastern South Asia” released by World Bank, India and Bangladesh have the potential to increase their national Gross Domestic Product (GDP) by 8% in India in particular road connectivity and 17% in Bangladesh with seamless transport connectivity between two countries. Also report suggested Bangladesh, Bhutan, India & Nepal (BBIN) eastern sub-region countries became an economic growth pole for South Asia.
- Which country recently (in Mar’21) became the 1st in Europe to conduct a Military Exercise in Space named “AsterX”?
4) United Kingdom
5) FranceAnswer-5) France
On 8th March, 2021 France started its 5-day long 1st Military Exercise in Space, “AsterX” to analyse its ability against attacks on its Satellites & other defence equipment. The exercise was named in memory of its Astérix, the 1st satellite launched in 1965. Alongside the French Space Forces Command, the new US Space Force and German space agencies also participated in the space exercise. The exercise consists of 18 simulated events that are conducted from an operations room.
- Which Bank recently (in Mar’21) partnered with Aquaconnect to provide Kisan Credit Cards to aquaculture farmers?
1) State Bank of India
2) Indian Overseas Bank
3) Bank of Baroda
4) Union Bank of India
5) Canara BankAnswer-3) Bank of Baroda
On March 09,2021 Aquaculture tech company Aquaconnect partnered with Bank of Baroda(BOB) to provide credit access to 1.6 million aquaculture farmers under the Kisan Credit Card (KCC)scheme. BOB has extended loan for up to Rs 10 lakh under KCC scheme and fisheries loan. Kisan Credit Card (KCC) scheme was introduced in August 1998 and created by NABARD, that provides personal accident insurance coverage of Rs. 50,000 and the card is valid for about five years.
- What is the projected GDP growth of India for FY-22 as per Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), as of March 2021?
5) 7.4%Answer-2) 12.6%
In March 2021, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) raises the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of India to 12.6% for FY 22, the highest among G20 countries. With his projection by OECD, India becomes the fastest-growing economy in the world. e., OECD has raised the GDP Projection by 4.7% from its December, 2020 projection of 7.9% for FY22. OECD has also projected India’s GDP to contract 7.4 per cent (-7.4%) in FY21.
- Who recently (in Mar’21) became the 9th Chief Minister of Uttarakhand?
1) Bhupesh Baghel
2) Tirath Singh Rawat
3) Pema Khandu
4) Neiphiu Rio
5) Trivendra Singh RawatAnswer-2) Tirath Singh Rawat
On 10th March 2021, Tirath Singh Rawat, Members of Parliament (Lok Sabha), was sworn in as the 9th Chief Minister(CM) of Uttarakhand following the resignation of Trivendra Singh Rawat on 9th March 2021 following the unease over his governance. Tirath Singh Rawat was the 1st Education Minister of Uttarakhand.
- Who authored the book, “Karunanidhi: A Life”?
1) AS Panneerselvan
2) Malini Parthasarathy
4) Kanimozhi Karunanidhi
5) Geeta DharmarajanAnswer-1) AS Panneerselvan
Readers’ editor at The Hindu, AS Panneerselvan authored a new book titled “Karunanidhi: A Life”, a book about the 8-decade political career of Karunanidhi. The book is about Karunanidhi, the writer turned politician who served as the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu for 5 terms and the leader of the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) for over five decades.
- When is the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) Raising Day annually observed?
1) 11th March
2) 7th March
3) 9th March
4) 8th March
5) 10th MarchAnswer- 5) 10th March
Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) Raising Day is annually observed across India on 10th March to commemorate the service and commitment of the personnel of CISF towards protecting the major installations and integrity of the nation. The day also marks the establishment of the CISF on 10th March 1969.
Director General of CISF– Subodh Kumar Jaiswal
- Match the following banks with their respective Taglines:
i. Bank of Baroda a. Let’s Make Money Simple
ii. Union Bank of India b. Your Perfect Banking Partner
iii. Federal Bank c. India’s International Bank
iv. Kotak Mahindra Bank d. Good People to Bank with
1) i-d, ii-a, iii-b, iv-c
2) i-c, ii-d, iii-b, iv-a
3) i-b, ii-d, iii-c, iv-a
4) i-a, ii-d, iii-c, iv-b
5) i-a, ii-d, iii-b, iv-cAnswer-2) i-c, ii-d, iii-b, iv-a
Bank Tagline Bank of Baroda India’s International Bank Union Bank of India Good People to Bank with Federal Bank Your Perfect Banking Partner Kotak Mahindra Bank Let’s Make Money Simple