AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 11 June 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which state/UT has diverted the forest land to other projects the most (on basis of number of projects) according to the MoEFCC annual report 2019-20?
5) West Bengal
Large areas of forest land are being diverted to other projects throughout India by the Government. A total 11,467.83 hectares (114.68 square kilometre) forest lands were diverted in 22 states between January 1 and November 6, 2019. The most number of projects were in Haryana where a total diversion of 519.53 ha for 251 projects.
- How many indigenous sports will be promoted by producing series of special films by MHRD in partnership with fit India?
The Department of School Education and Literacy under Ministry of Human Resource Development(MHRD) has collaborated with Fit India (flagship programme of sports ministry) under the” Ek Bharat, Shrestha Bharat” initiative to produce a series of special films to promote 10 indigenous sports of India.
- Which state government has approved the draft ordinance titled “Cow Slaughter Prevention (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020” to protect cow from slaughter?
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-5) Uttar Pradesh
In order to protect cows and prevent their slaughter, the Uttar Pradesh (UP) government approved a draft ordinance titled “Cow Slaughter Prevention (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020” by amending the Uttar Pradesh cow slaughter act, 1955. This proposed law provides a maximum rigorous imprisonment of 10 years and a fine up to Rs 5 lakh.
- The senior lawmakers from 8 democracies have formed an Inter parliamentary alliance to counter which country?
5) United States
Senior lawmakers from eight democracies including the United States have united to counter Communist China. Launched on June 5, Inter-Parliamentary Alliance on China (IPAC) is “an international cross-party group of legislators working towards reform on how democratic countries approach China”.
- What is the amount that was allocated to state governments for the year 2020-21 for implementing Per Drop More Crop component of PMKSY scheme?
1) 1000 Crore
2) 5000 Crore
3) 3000 Crore
4) 4000 crore
5) 2000 Crore
Answer-4) 4000 crore
The Department of Agriculture Cooperation & Farmers’ Welfare (DAC&FW) has allocated Rs. 4000 cr to the state governments for the year 2020-21 for implementing Per Drop More Crop component of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY- PDMC). For further allotment of funds, State Governments have identified the beneficiaries to be covered under the programme.
- Name the company which has partnered with Mastercard to launch “Cardless ATM powered by Mastercard”.
1) Empays Payment Systems
2) Instamojo Payment Gateway
3) Cashfree Payment Systems
4) PayKun Payment Gateway
5) Razorpay Payment Solutions
Answer-1) Empays Payment Systems
In order to eliminate the use a physical card or touch an ATM PIN pad, amid the spread of coronavirus from contaminated surfaces, Empays Payment Systems has joined hands with Mastercard to launch “Cardless ATM powered by Mastercard” in India based on the standards of EMV (Europay, Mastercard, and Visa).
- Which company has partnered with First Alliance Bank (Z) Ltd to provide mPOS solution to SME and other businesses?
3) PayTM POS
POS (Point of Sale) solution provider in India, ePaisa entered into a partnership with First Alliance Bank (Z) Ltd in Zambia, Africa, to provide mobile point of sale (mPOS) solution to small and medium enterprises and other businesses. ePaisa will be the solution provider for First Alliance Bank(FAB), which will further provide it to businesses across Zambia.For ePaisa this partnership becomes first global expansion.
- Which agency/corporation has collaborated with TCS to provide its training partners access to the TCS iON Digital Glass Room?
1) National Skill Development Corporation
2) National Skill Development Agency
3) Industrial training institute
4) Tata STRIVE Extension Centre
5) Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Agency
Answer-1) National Skill Development Corporation
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) iON, unit of TCS, partnered with the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to provide its training partners access to the TCS iON Digital Glass Room, a web-based digital education platform so as to enable online vocational skills training for millions of students across the country.
- What will be the growth rate of India in next fiscal (FY 2021-22) as per Fitch ratings?
After a contraction in the current financial year, India’s economy is forecast to bounce back with a sharp growth rate of 9.5 percent next fiscal, Fitch Ratings has said. It has forecast a 5 percent contraction in the GDP in the ongoing financial year.
- Which company has won the world’s largest solar contract worth $6 billion recently?
1) Vestas India
2) Adani Green Energy Limited
3) Orient Green Power Ltd
4) Suzlon Energy Limited
5) Regen Powertech Pvt Ltd
Answer-2) Adani Green Energy Limited
Gautam Adani led Adani Green Energy Limited (AGEL) has won one of world’s largest solar contract from Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) to develop 8 GW of solar projects along with a commitment to establish 2 GW of additional solar cell and module manufacturing capacity at cost of ₹45,000 crore or $6 bilion, creating 4 lakh direct and indirect jobs.
- Which ITI has signed MoU with National Fertilizers Limited (NFL) to train youths in 12 trades under Dual System of Training Scheme?
1) ITI Noida
2) ITI Bhopal
3) ITI Nangal
4) ITI Coimbatore
5) ITI Panaji
Answer-3) ITI Nangal
In a big boost to the “Skill India” initiative of the Government of India (GoI), National Fertilizers Limited (NFL), a Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) works under the Ambit of Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Industrial Training Institutes (ITI) Nangal (Punjab) to train youths in 12 trades under Dual System of Training Scheme.
- Who is the brand ambassador of Gargo International?
1) Amitabh Bachchan
2) Sonu Sood
3) Salman Khan
4) Ranveer Singh
5) Amir Khan
Answer-2) Sonu Sood
The Gargo International, the delhi based lubricant company under the RG group praised Sonu Sood for his support works for the migrants and went live with their TVC starring Sonu Sood.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) has constituted 8-member panel moderated by Ahmed M. Saeed to help south Asian economies to recover from COVID-19 effects. Where is HQ of ADB located?
3) New Delhi
The Mandaluyong, Philippines based Asian Development Bank (ADB), a regional development bank has constituted an 8-member high-level panel of leading experts in economics, finance, and health, moderated by ADB Vice-President Ahmed M. Saeed, to help ministers, central bank governors, and other senior officials identify solutions for Southeast Asian economies to tap into to quickly recover after the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Who chairs the committee which was constituted by Ministry of Home Affairs for the welfare of the freedom fighters?
1) Kiren Rijiju
2) Jitendra Singh
3) Kishan Reddy
4) Shripad Yesso Naik
5) Prahlad Singh Patel
Answer-3) Kishan Reddy
MHA (Ministry of Home Affairs) reconstituted a new committee for the welfare of the freedom fighters with the chairman G Kishan Reddy and 9 other “eminent freedom fighters” from across the country. Along with Reddy, former Congress MLA from Gujarat Dinakar Bhai Desai, who took part in 1942 Quit India Movement is one among the 9-member panel.
- The central government has formed a committee headed by Rajnath Singh for the implementation of Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS) for MSME. What is the amount that was allocated under ECLGS scheme by GoI?
1) 1 Lakh crore
2) 10 Lakh crore
3) 5 Lakh crore
4) 50,000 crore
5) 3 Lakh crore
Answer-5) 3 Lakh crore
Prime Minister Narendra Modi appointed a committee headed by Rajnath Singh to solve the difficulties faced in the implementation of Rs.3 Lakh crore collateral-free loan for Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises(MSME) under Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS) scheme announced by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on 13th May 2020 as a part of Rs.20 Lakh crore Covid-19 aid to raise the economy. Under the Scheme, 100% guarantee coverage to be provided by National Credit Guarantee Trustee Company Limited (NCGTC) for additional funding of up to Rs. 3 lakh crore to eligible MSMEs and interested MUDRA. borrowers, in the form of a Guaranteed Emergency Credit Line (GECL) facility.
- What is India’s rank in Deep Knowledge Group’s safest country in the world from COVID- 19?
As per the report of Deep Knowledge Group’s safest country in the world from COVID- 19, India ranked 56th position in a list of 200 countries, while Switzerland has been found to be the safest place on earth from the ongoing covid-19 pandemic followed by Germany and Israel. while South Sudan was ranked at 200th position.
- Bharti Airtel (Singapore) has acquired additional _____% stake (acquired 25% earlier) in Robi Axiata from NTT Docomo.
Bharti Airtel’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Bharti International (Singapore) Pte. Ltd., (BISPL) directly and through its affiliate entities, has acquired an additional 6.3% stake in Robi Axiata Limited, Bangladesh from Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) Do Communications over the Mobile network (Docomo) Inc and its group entities for an undisclosed sum. This all-cash deal will raise the BISPL’s stake in Robi Axiata to 31.3% from 25% & is approved by Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission.
- Which company has delivered the 5th and last ship in the series of Fast Patrol Vessels (FPV) named ICGS “Kanaklata Barua” to Indian Coast Guard?
1) Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers (GRSE)
2) Airports Authority of India (AAI)
3) Chennai Petroleum Corporation (CPCL)
4) Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
5) Bharat Dynamics Limited(BDL)
Answer-1) Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers (GRSE)
The 5th and last ship in the series of Fast Patrol Vessels (FPV) namely “ICGS Kanaklata Barua” or “Yard 2117” for the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) has been delivered by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) Ltd. This was the 105th vessel delivered by GRSE.
- For the 1st time in human history scientists from France have witnessed the birth of a new planet. The study was published in which journal?
1) New Astronomy
2) Journal Nature
3) Astronomy and Astrophysics
4) The Astrophysical Journal
5) Nature Astronomy
Answer-3) Astronomy and Astrophysics
A team of Scientists from the Observatoie de Paris, PSL (Paris Sciences et Lettres) University in France, have witnessed a birth of a new planet for the first time in human history by using photographs of the SPHERE (Spectro-Polarimetric High-contrast Exoplanet Research) instrument on the Very Large Telescope (VLT) of the European Southern Observatory (ESO) in Chile. The new observations have been published in Astronomy & Astrophysics journal & lead author of the study was Anthony Boccaletti, an astronomer at the PSL University.
- High Jumper Alexander Shustov who is in news recently belongs to which country?
4) United States
The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), informed that Former European high jump champion (2010) Alexander Shustov (35-year-old) of Russia banned for 4 years for the use or attempted use of a banned substance or method (doping) & did not provide any further details.
- Pritam Singh who passed away recently is a renowned ______.
1) Management trainer
Answer-1) Management trainer
The Management guru, Padma Shri Pritam Singh, who contributed more than 50 research papers and 7 books on management education in India and abroad passed away at the age of 78 at a hospital in Gurugram due to cardiac arrest.
- Pierre Nkurunziza who passed away recently is the former president of which country?
The President of Republic of Burundi, Pierre Nkurunziza passed away at the age of 55 due to cardiac arrest at the hospital in Karuzi, eastern Burundi. On 9th June 2020, The Government of Burundi entered the seven day of mourning. He was born on 18th December 1964 in Ngozi Province.
- Kurt Bilteaux Thomas who is in news recently is related to which sport?
3) Table Tennis
4) Short Distance Runner
Kurt Bilteaux Thomas, the first American to win the gold medal in the Gymnastic World Championship 1978 in floor exercise held at the Strasbourg, France passed away at the age of 64 after suffering from a stroke on 24th May 2020 in Texas. He was born on 29th March 1956 in Miami, Florida.
- When was the world accreditation day observed every year?
1) May 17
2) April 29
3) June 9
4) August 12
5) July 2
Answer-3) June 9
9th June of Every year is celebrated as the World Accreditation Day(WAD), an initiative established by the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation(ILAC) and International Accreditation Forum(IAF) to promote the value of accreditation. The Theme of World Accreditation Day 2020 is “Accreditation: Improving food safety”.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- BHEL has commissioned 270-MW Unit I of Bhadradri Thermal power plant in which state?
2) Tamil Nadu
3) Himachal Pradesh
5) Uttar Pradesh
Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has commissioned Unit I of the 4×270 MW Bhadradri Thermal Power Project in Telangana. The Telangana State Power Generation Corporation (TSGENCO) has awarded the project, which is located at Manuguru in Bhadradri Kothagudem District of Telangana, to BHEL.
- Which country has declared national emergency after a massive fuel leak spilled into Ambarnaya river (Siberia) in artic region?
4) United States
Russian President Vladimir Putin has declared a state of emergency in the Siberian city of Norilsk after a massive fuel leak spilled into a river. Environmentalists call it one of the worst ever seen in the Arctic.
- Who is the present president of Asian Development Bank (ADB)?
1) K. V. Kamath
2) Anil Kishora
3) Masatsugu Asakawa
4) Ahmed M. Saeed
5) Shixin Chen
Answer-3) Masatsugu Asakawa
Masatsugu Asakawa is the current President of the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
- Where is the HQ of Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers (GRSE) located?
The HQ of Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers (GRSE) located at Kolkata, West Bengal.
- Mayur Nritya is the folk dance in which state?
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-5) Uttar Pradesh
Mayur Nritya – This dance form is prevalent in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Also known as peacock dance, ‘Mayur Nritya’ is performed by dancers who wear specially designed clothes so as to resemble a peacock. It is performed while worshipping Lord Krishna.