AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 11 January 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the 24th National Conference on e-Governance (NCeG) 2020-21 that was held at Hyderabad, Telangana in January 2022?
A) NCeG 2020-21 was organized by the Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG), MeitY in association with the Telangana Government.
B) During the conference 26 awards were presented where Chhattisgarh’s state labour department won Golden award for e-Shramik Seva under the ‘Universalizing Access including e-Services’
C) Hyderabad Declaration on e-Governance was adopted, which includes the Integration of all State/District portals with CPGRAMS.
1) All A, B & C
2) Only A
3) Only B
4) Only C
5) Only A & BAnswer-1) All A, B & C
NCeG 2020-21 was organized by the Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG), MeitY in association with the Telangana Government.
i. During the conference 26 awards were presented while Chhattisgarh’s state labour department won golden award for e-Shramik Seva under the ‘Universalizing Access including e-Services’
ii. Hyderabad Declaration on e-Governance was adopted, which includes the Integration of all State/District portals with CPGRAMS (Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System) for seamless Redressal of Public Grievances..
- In which City the ‘9th edition of the North East Festival’ was conducted in January 2022?
1) Aizawl, Mizoram
2) Kohima, Nagaland
3) Imphal, Manipur
4) Guwahati, Assam
5) Agartala, TripuraAnswer-4) Guwahati, Assam
The 9th edition of the North East Festival was held in Guwahati, Assam from 7th to 9th January 2022.
i. The 9th edition of the North East Festival was inaugurated by Jagdish Mukhi, Governor of Assam on 7th January 2022.
ii. The festival aimed to promote and highlight the commercial and tourism potential of the North East Region.
- In January 2022, RBI set up a new fintech (Financial technology) department to facilitate innovation which includes the fintech division of DPSS (department of payment and settlement systems).
Who was appointed as the head of the newly created Fintech department?
1) Vivek Deep
2) Jayant Kumar Dash
3) Ajay Kumar Choudhary
4) Deepak Kumar
5) Uma ShankarAnswer-3) Ajay Kumar Choudhary
The RBI sets up a separate internal department for fintech (Financial technology) by subsuming the fintech division of DPSS (department of payment and settlement systems), Central Office (CO) to facilitate innovation, and help identify, address challenges and opportunities in the fintech sector.
i. Ajay Kumar Choudhary, who was recently promoted as the Executive Director of RBI was appointed as head of the department.
- Which Bank recently (in Jan’22) signed an MoU with Mecwin Technologies to finance Solar Pump-Sets for Farmers?
1) Assam Gramin Vikash Bank
2) Himachal Pradesh Gramin Bank
3) Madhya Pradesh Gramin Bank
4) Andhra Pragathi Grameena Bank
5) Karnataka Vikas Grameena BankAnswer-5) Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB), has signed a MoU with Mecwin Technologies (Tech) Ltd to introduce farmer-friendly solar-powered pump-sets using bank finance.
i. Solar-powered pump-sets will replace diesel pump-sets resulting in reduced carbon emissions.
- Which Bank recently (in Jan’22) signed a co-lending agreement with Edelweiss Financial Services and ECL Finance to expand priority sector lending service?
1) Bank of Maharashtra
2) Indian Bank
3) Bank of Baroda
4) Bank of India
5) Central Bank of IndiaAnswer-2) Indian Bank
Edelweiss Financial Services and ECL Finance signed a co-lending agreement with Indian Bank to expand services under priority sector lending (PSL).
i. Indian Bank will provide capital support under PSL and Edelweiss Financial Services and ECL Finance will provide expertise on customer acquisition, credit assessment, servicing and robust technology which will help in expanding credit needs of customers.
- Who was recently (in Jan’22) appointed as the Vice President of AIIB for a 3-Year Term?
1) Urjit Patel
2) Ajay Seth
3) Nazir Kabiri
4) Bimal Jalan
5) DJ PandianAnswer-1) Urjit Patel
Former Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), Urjit Patel is appointed as a Vice President of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) for a three year tenure (2022-2025) starting from 1st February.
i. Urjit Patel will succeed previous Vice President D J Pandian.
ii. He will be one of the five Vice Presidents of the AIIB, which is headed by the President and Chair of the Board of Directors Jin Liqun (China).
About Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB):
Motive – To build Infrastructure for Tomorrow (i4t)
Commenced operation– January 2016
Headquarters- Beijing, China
- In January 2022, _________ appointed as the new Secretary General of Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) for _______ term.
1) Haitham Al Ghais; 5 years
2) Mohammad Barkindo; 4 years
3) Haitham Al Ghais; 3 years
4) Edmund Daukoru; 4 years
5) Mohammad Barkindo; 3 yearsAnswer-3) Haitham Al Ghais; 3 years
The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) appointed Kuwait’s oil executive Haitham Al Ghais as the new Secretary General (SG). He will succeed Nigeria’s Mohammad Barkindo.
i. He is appointed for a three year tenure (2022-2025) and will take the charge as the SG from 1st August 2022.
- In January, 2022 ______ the winner of Vergani Cup Open 2022 held at Cattolica, Italy while Bharath Subramaniyam became India’s _______ chess Grandmaster in the tournament.
1) Deep Sengupta; 72nd
2) M.R Lalith Babu; 73rd
3) Krishnan Sasikiran; 71st
4) Deep Sengupta; 73rd
5) M.R Lalith Babu; 72ndAnswer-2) M.R Lalith Babu; 73rd
Bharath Subramaniyam from Chennai, Tamil Nadu became India’s 73rd chess Grandmaster (GM) by securing the third and final GM norm of the Vergani Cup Open 2022 held in January 2022 at Cattolica, Italy.
i. Indian player Musunuri Rohit Lalith Babu (M.R Lalith Babu) emerged winner in the tournament i.e. ranked 1st.
ii. He was followed by United States (US) Hans Moke Niemann at 2nd, and Vitaliy Bernadskiy (Ukraine) at 3rd
- Every year, World Hindi Day is observed across the globe on _______.
1) 7th January
2) 10th January
3) 8th January
4) 9th January
5) 11th JanuaryAnswer-2) 10th January
World Hindi Day, also known as Vishwa Hindi Diwas, is annually observed across the globe on 10th January to promote the worldwide use of the Hindi language.
i. The day also marks the anniversary of the World Hindi Conference, which was held on 10th January 1975 in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
ii. The first ever World Hindi Day was observed on 10th January 2006.
iii. The day has been observed in India since 2003.
- Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas/ Non-Resident Indian (NRI) Day is annually observed across India on ___________, to mark the return of Mahatma Gandhi from South Africa.
1) 7th January
2) 10th January
3) 8th January
4) 9th January
5) 11th JanuaryAnswer-4) 9th January
Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas (PBD), also known as the “Non-Resident Indian (NRI) Day” is annually celebrated on 9th January to mark the contribution of the Overseas Indian community to the development of India & Mahatma Gandhi returned to India from South Africa on 9th January 1915.
i. Overseas Indians, also known as NRIs or Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are people of Indian birth or ancestry who live outside the Republic of India.
ii. The first ever Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas was celebrated on 9 January 2003.