AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 11 December 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- What are the points that are correct with respect to the India Skills Report 2022 released by Wheebox?
A) Kerala retained the top position with the states with the Highest employable talent & Gandhinagar, Gujart topped the position in City with Highest Employability.
B) The overall youth employability among test takers of the Wheebox National Employability Test stood at 48.7 percent which is higher than 2021.
C) The theme of ISR 2022 is “Post-COVID landscape of Talent Demand and Supply”
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only B & C
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Only B
Maharashtra retained the top position in the list of states with the Highest Employability talent followed by Uttar Pradesh & Pune, Maharashtra topped the position in City with Highest Employability.
i. The overall youth employability among test takers of the Wheebox National Employability Test stood at 48.7 percent which is higher than 2021.
ii.The theme of ISR 2022 is ‘Reengineering Education and Skilling-Building for the Future of Work’.
- What are the points that are correct with respect to the “World Malaria Report 2021” by WHO?
A) There are about 14 million more malaria cases in 2020 compared to 2019.
B) India accounts for 1.7 percent of malaria deaths in 2020 & India was the only high-burden country to have sustained a reduction in the disease burden.
C) In 2021, China & El Salvador were certified as malaria – free countries by the WHO.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) All A, B & C
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) All A, B & C
There are about 14 million malaria more cases in 2020 compared to 2019.
i.India accounts for 1.7 percent of malaria deaths in 2020 & India was the only high-burden country to have sustained a reduction in the disease burden.
ii.In 2021, China and El Salvador were certified as malaria – free countries by the World Health Organization.
- In December 2021, __________ granted Observer Status to International Solar Alliance (ISA), a joint initiative of India & ______ launched in _____.
1) UNGA; France; 2015
2) World Bank; China; 2016
3) UNGA; Russia; 2015
4) ADB; China; 2016
5) World Bank; Russia; 2014
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) UNGA; France; 2015
The UN General Assembly conferred Observer Status on the International Solar Alliance in December based on the UNGA’s Sixth Committee report.
i.The ISA was jointly launched by India & France in 2015 during the 21st session of the United Nations Climate Change COP-21 to promote solar energy among countries.
ii.ISA Headquarters in Gurugram, Haryana (India) & nearly 80 countries have signed and ratified the ISA Framework.
- Which country assumed the Chairmanship of Council of Regional Anti-Terrorist Structure of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) for a 1 year term?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) India
India assumed the Chairmanship of Council of Regional Anti-Terrorist Structure of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (RATS SCO) for 1 year from October 28, 2021.
• The seminar is the 1st event to be hosted by India during its Chairmanship of Council of RATS SCO & In August 2019, India hosted the seminar held in Hyderabad and 2021 summit denote the second time India has to host.
- Name the Bank that recently (in Dec’21) approved USD 350 million loan to improve urban services in India.
1) Asian Development Bank
2) International Monetary Fund
3) Association of Southeast Asian Nations
4) World Bank
5) United Nations Development Programme
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Asian Development Bank
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) approved USD 350 million policy-based loan to improve urban services in India.
• This loan supports the policies formulated by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) to benefit the urban poor, economically weaker section and low-income groups under the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) 2.0, to provide affordable housing to all under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY).
- Name the Insurance company that signed a Bancassurance partnership with Federal Bank (in Dec’21)?
1) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
2) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
3) Max Bupa Health Insurance
4) Star Health & Allied Insurance
5) Bharti Axa life insurance
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Star Health & Allied Insurance
Federal Bank entered into a Bancassurance partnership with Star Health and Allied Insurance Co Ltd as a corporate agent to provide health insurance products for the Bank’s 8.90 million customers across India.
About SBI Life Insurance:
MD & CEO– Mahesh Kumar Sharma
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Who will receive the Royal Gold Medal 2022 by the Royal Institute of British Architects?
1) Rahul Mehrotra
2) Balkrishna Vithaldas Doshi
3) Brinda Somaya
4) Anupama Kundoo
5) Raj Rewal
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Balkrishna Vithaldas Doshi
Acclaimed Indian architect Balkrishna Vithaldas Doshi has been named for the Royal Gold Medal 2022 which is one of the world’s highest honours for architecture.
• The announcement was made by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA).
In 2018, he became the first Indian architect to receive the Pritzker Architecture Prize & He is also an awardee of Padma Shri and the Padma Bhushan.
- Who succeeded Uday Shankar ( in Dec’21) to become the new President-elect of FICCI?
1) Harish Manwani
2) T. K. Kurien
3) Ashok Sekhar Ganguly
4) Sanjay Mehta
5) Uday Shankar
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Sanjay Mehta
Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) appointed Sanjay Mehta, the Chairman & Managing Director of Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL), as its New President after the conclusion of FICCI’s 94th Annual General Meeting on 18th December 2021.
About Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL):
Established – 1933
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- In December 2021, Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) received approval from the RBI to increase its stake to_____ in _________ .
1) 9.26; IndusInd Bank
2) 9.99%; Axis Bank
3) 8.90%; ICICI Bank
4) 9.99%; IndusInd Bank
5) 9.89%; Axis Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) 9.99%; IndusInd Bank
Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has received approval from the RBI to increase its stake to 9.99 % in IndusInd Bank of the total issued and paid-up capital of the private sector lender The approval will be valid for 1 year (December 8, 2022).
At present (Dec’21), LIC holds a 4.95 percent stake in the IndusInd Bank.
About IndusInd Bank:
Establishment – 1994
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO – Sumant Kathpalia
Tagline – We Make You Feel Richer
- What was the theme of Human Rights Day 2021 which was observed across the globe by the UN on 10th December?
1) Let’s stand up for equality, justice and human dignity
2) Our Rights, Our Freedoms, Always
3) Stand up for someone’s rights today
4) Youth Standing Up for Human Rights
5) Equality: Reducing inequalities, advancing human rights
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Equality: Reducing inequalities, advancing human rights
The United Nations (UN) Human Rights Day 2021 is observed annually on December 10, as the Day marks the anniversary of the adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in 1948.
• The theme of Human Rights Day 2021 is ‘Equality: Reducing inequalities, advancing human rights’