AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 11 December 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- On December 2020, Union Cabinet chaired by PM Modi approved wireless internet hotspot service project “PM-WANI”. What does ‘A’ stands for in PM-WANI?
5) ArriveAnswer-4) Access
On December 9, 2020, Union Cabinet Chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved a new policy to allow businesses to offer wireless internet hotspot services through the project “Public Wi-Fi Access Network Interface or PM-WANI”. In this regard, Public Wi-Fi (Wireless Fidelity) Networks will be set up by Public Data Office Aggregators (PDOAs) to provide public Wi-Fi service through Public Data Offices (PDOs) using Bharatnet.
- On December, 2020 Union cabinet approved Submarine OFC Connectivity between Lakshadweep Islands and _____.
5) KochiAnswer-5) Kochi
The union cabinet gave its approval for provision of submarine optical fibre cable (ofc) to provide connectivity between mainland (kochi), kerala and lakshadweep islands (kli project) by may 2023.to be funded by usof, the estimated implementation cost of the project is about rs 1,072 crore including operational expenses for 5 years.
- Which two organisation together accounts for more than 82% of the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) as per the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) November, 2020 data?
1) Google Pay and Paytm
2) Amazon Pay and MobiKwik
3) Google Pay and PhonePe
4) Freecharge and Amazon Pay
5) PhonePe and PaytmAnswer-3) Google Pay and PhonePe
As per the data released by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), Google Pay and PhonePe together account for more than 82% of the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) market by volume and more than 86% by value in November 2020. Google Pay has done 960.02 million transactions, worth Rs 1.61 trillion and PhonePe has done 868.4 million transactions, worth Rs 1.75 trillion.
- Which state government launched the 2nd Edition of its flagship “Eco-Retreat” programme – Eco-Retreat 2020 at five locations?
5) BiharAnswer-4) Odisha
Tourism Department of Odisha launched the 2nd Edition of its flagship “Eco-Retreat” programme – Eco-Retreat 2020 at five locations in Odisha – Konark, Bhitarkanika, Daringibadi, Hirakud and Satokosia. They will be open to Tourists till February 28, 2021.
- Which International organisation has released its 11th edition of annual report on global CO2 emission “Emissions Gap Report 2020”?
1) International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
2) United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
3) United Nations Human Settlement Programme (UN-HABITAT)
4) United Nations Environment Programme(UNEP)
5) United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)Answer-4) United Nations Environment Programme(UNEP)
According to 11th Edition of Emissions Gap Report 2020 (Annual report) released by United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), The Global CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) Emissions are set to fall by 7% in 2020 owing to Pandemic. The report states that emissions of the richest 1% of the Global Population (Countries like United States of America (USA), European Union (EU), Australia and New Zealand) account for more than twice of the share of poorest 50% of countries.
- Which country organized the 14th ADMM/7th ADMM-Plus Meeting (ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) Defence Ministers’ Meeting) 2020 and also the Defence Minister of India, Rajnath Singh was virtually participated?
1) New Zealand
5) Republic of KoreaAnswer-2) Vietnam
On December 10, 2020, Union Minister of Defence, Rajnath Singh attended 14th ADMM/7th ADMM-Plus Meeting (ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) Defence Ministers’ Meeting) 2020 held virtually at Hanoi, Vietnam. The meeting was held on the 10th Anniversary of ADMM-Plus. The meeting was hosted by Vietnam. Rajnath Singh welcomed Brunei Darussalam as the new Chair of ASEAN in 2021.
- “Shaheen (Eagle)-IX”, the joint air force exercise was conducted between _____.
1) India and China
2) China and Bangladesh
3) Bangladesh and Pakistan
4) Pakistan and China
5) Japan and BangladeshAnswer-4) Pakistan and China
The air forces of Pakistan and China on 9th December commenced a joint exercise designed to deepen practical cooperation and improve the actual-combat training level of the two sides. The joint air force exercise “Shaheen (Eagle)-IX” started on Wednesday at an operational air base of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) in Sindh province.
- What is name of Rs. 22,810 crore project launched by Union Cabinet on December, 2020, to boost employment?
1) Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana
2) Atmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana
3) Antyodaya Anna Yojana
4) Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
5) Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima YojanaAnswer-2) Atmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana
On December 9, 2020, Union Cabinet Chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved Atmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana (ABRY) as a part of Atmanirbhar Bharat Package 3.0, to boost employment in the formal sector and creation of new employment during the COVID-19 recovery phase. It should be noted that Cabinet has approved an expenditure of Rs. 1,584 crore for FY21 and Rs. 22,810 crore for the entire Scheme period i.e. 2020-2023.
- Which states will be provided complete mobile coverage under the Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF) Scheme?
1) Arunachal Pradesh and Assam
2) Manipur and Assam
3) Nagaland and Assam
4) Sikkim and Meghalaya
5) Arunachal Pradesh and MeghalayaAnswer-1) Arunachal Pradesh and Assam
On the lines of the vision of digital India and Atmanirbhar Bharat, the Central Government has given its approval for provision of a Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF) Scheme to provide Mobile Coverage in 2374 uncovered villages viz. 1683 in Arunachal Pradesh and 691 in two Districts of Assam namely Karbi Anglong and Dima Hasao by December, 2022.
- Which state has launched the rural development scheme “Sharad Pawar Rural Prosperity Scheme”?
1) Madhya Pradesh
5) MaharashtraAnswer-5) Maharashtra
On 09 December, 2020 State Government of Maharashtra launched the ambitious rural development scheme “Sharad Pawar Rural Prosperity Scheme” named after Sharad Pawar, Former Agriculture Minister, President of Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) and the chief architect of the ruling Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA). To strengthen the law on prevention of atrocities against women, children Maharashtra Cabinet has passed “Shakti Act” which Envisages death sentence for rape, acid attack and child abuse. The act also reduces the investigation period to 15 working days for heinous crimes against women.
- Which organisation has partnered with ICICI Prudential Life Insurance to offer Life Insurance Products through “Bancassurance Partnership”?
1) Bandhan Bank
2) Life Insurance Corporation
3) RBL Bank
4) United India Insurance
5) SBM BankAnswer-3) RBL Bank
On December 9, 2020 RBL Bank Ltd & ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Ltd entered into a bancassurance partnership to offer a range of life insurance products, i.e., protection and long-term savings products of ICICI Prudential Life to the customers of RBL Bank. This partnership will allow more than 8.7 million customers of RBL Bank to access and purchase ICICI Prudential Life’s customer-centric protection and long-term savings products.
- What is the name of the mobile app launched by Max Life Insurance Company Limited as an initiative of its comprehensive wellness programme, on December, 2020?
1) MAX Health
2) MAX Fit
3) MAX Wellness
4) Healthy Life
5) FIT IndiaAnswer-2) MAX Fit
On December 9, 2020 Max Life Insurance Company Limited launched ‘Max Life Critical Illness and Disability Rider’ is a health insurance rider that offers customers protection from up to 64 critical illnesses. The company also launched ‘Max Fit’, a comprehensive wellness programme(app). The customer will get the benefits under this rider along with the base life insurance policy benefits.
- When will the insurance watchdog had instructed all general and standalone health insurers will have to offer the personal accident insurance policies with a cap of Rs. 1 crore as per Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) guidelines?
1) January 1, 2021
2) December 31, 2021
3) February 1, 2021
4) March 1, 2021
5) April 1, 2021Answer-5) April 1, 2021
On December 10, 2020, Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) issued draft guidelines on standard personal accident insurance policies. Under them, the insurance watchdog has recommended that all general and standalone health insurers will have to offer this product from April 1, 2021. It will be offered on an individual basis and act as a standard product with common coverage across the sector.
- which organisation has partnered with Mahindra Insurance Brokers Ltd. (MIBL)’s “Sajhedaari program” to increase the insurance penetration in tier 2 & 3 cities on December, 2020?
1) Aviva Life Insurance Company
2) HDFC ERGO General Insurance
3) ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company
4) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
5) SBI General Insurance CompanyAnswer-5) SBI General Insurance Company
On December 9, 2020 SBI General Insurance Company Limited entered into a strategic partnership with Mahindra Insurance Brokers Ltd. (MIBL) to increase the insurance penetration in tier 2 & 3 cities (Rural Indian Cities). MIBL has collaborated with SBI General Insurance under its ‘Sajhedaari program’. To increase insurance penetration in the under-served and under-penetrated rural areas of India.
- Which company has partnered with YES Bank to provide premium credit card “Yes Private Prime Credit Card” to its Ultra High-Net-Worth-Individuals (HNWIs) of India?
3) American Express
5) MastercardAnswer-5) Mastercard
On December 8, 2020 YES Bank in partnership with Mastercard launched ‘Yes Private Prime Credit Card’ for the Affluent and Ultra High-Net-Worth-Individuals (HNWIs) of India. The card is available on the Mastercard World Elite platform. The card is a strictly by-invitation-only lifestyle Credit Card. YES Private Prime credit card is in line with YES Bank’s strategy to deliver premium and exclusive services to its valued customers.
- Which Insurance company has launched the 2 month long digital campaign ‘‘#heroesofmycity’ to recognise the heroes of city during the COVID-19 pandemic?
1) ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company
2) Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance
3) SBI General Insurance Company
4) Aviva Life Insurance Company
5) HDFC ERGO General InsuranceAnswer-2) Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance
On December 9, 2020 Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce(OBC) Life Insurance launched its new digital campaign, ‘#heroesofmycity’. This 2-month long campaign is an extension to the initiative #meformycity. #meformycity was launched by Canara HSBC OBC Life Insurance in 2018. The new digital campaign was designed to recognise the heroes of the people’s daily lives who kept the city going when everything came to a standstill due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Which bank’s shares (nearly 1 crore) were sold by Central government under its Specified Undertaking of the Unit Trust of India (SUUTI)?
1) ICICI Bank
2) Canara Bank
3) UCO Bank
4) State Bank of India
5) Axis BankAnswer-5) Axis Bank
The central government, in the last 2 weeks has sold nearly 1 crore shares (97.68 lakh shares) of Axis Bank worth around Rs 600 crore (Rs 595.68 crore) held through the Specified Undertaking of the Unit Trust of India (SUUTI). Between November 26 and 27, 2020– Sold 36.25 lakh shares of Axis Bank for Rs 221.47 crore Between December 2 and 4, 2020– Sold 61.43 lakh shares of Axis Bank for Rs 374.21 crore.
- The Asian Development Bank(ADB)’s ‘Asian Development Outlook (ADO) 2020 Supplement: Paths Diverge in Recovery from the Pandemic’- December 2020, has revised India’s 2020 GDP rate from (-)9% to _____.
1) (-)5 %
2) (-)12 %
3) (-) 8%
4) (-)7.5 %
5) 2.3 %Answer-3) (-) 8%
The Asian Development Bank(ADB)’s‘ Asian Development Outlook (ADO) 2020 Supplement: Paths Diverge in Recovery from the Pandemic’- December 2020, has revised India’s 2020 Gross Domestic Product (GDP) rate upwards to -8%(contract by 8) from -9% projected in Asian Development Outlook 2020 Update in September 2020. The Growth will return in 2021 at 8.0% in India. The GDP of Developing Asia (46 ADB-Asian Development Bank member economies across Asia and the Pacific) forecasted to contract by 0.4%(-0.4%) from -0.7% projected in September 2020. The growth will rebound to 6.8% in 2021.
- Which organisation has got approval from the Cabinet to sign a bilateral Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Financial and Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF), Luxembourg?
1) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority
2) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
3) National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development
4) Reserve Bank of India
5) Securities and Exchange Board of IndiaAnswer-5) Securities and Exchange Board of India
The Union Cabinet has also approved the proposal of Securities & Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to sign a bilateral Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between SEBI and Financial and Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF), Luxembourg to strengthen cross border cooperation in the area of securities regulations and facilitate mutual assistance.
- Which country will be signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with India to cooperate in the in the field of Health and Medicine?
4) Republic of Congo
5) MaldivesAnswer-3) Suriname
The Central Government also approved a MoU between India and Suriname on Cooperation in the field of Health and Medicine. This MoU envisages cooperation between the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of the Republic of India and the Ministry of Health of the Government of the Republic of Suriname through joint initiatives and technology development in the health sector.
- Which country has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) on December, 2020 for Technology Cooperation in the Road Infrastructure Sector?
3) New Zealand
5) AustriaAnswer-5) Austria
On December 9, 2020, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Federal Ministry of Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology of the Republic of Austria on Technology Cooperation in the Road Infrastructure Sector. Austria has state of the art technologies for roads and highways, such as electronic toll systems, intelligent transportation systems, traffic management systems, tunnel monitoring system, geo-mapping and landslide protection measures.
- Which state has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Survey of India (SoI) to implement first of its kind Land Survey?
1) Tamil Nadu
3) Himachal Pradesh
5) Andhra PradeshAnswer-5) Andhra Pradesh
On December 9, 2020 Andhra Pradesh (AP) Government and Survey of India (SoI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the implementation of ‘YSR Jagananna Saswath Bhoo Hakku-Bhoo Raksha Pathakam’ – a land resurvey project in Andhra Pradesh. This is the 1st time in 100 years that such a survey is being conducted in India. The Survey will be launched on December 21, 2020.
- who was appointed as the Prime Minister of Kuwait on 8th December, 2020?
1) Sheikh Sabah Al-Khalid Al- Sabah
2) Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum
3) Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan
4) Sheikh Nawaf al- Ahmad al- Sabah
5) Mohammed bin Rashid Al MaktoumAnswer-1) Sheikh Sabah Al-Khalid Al- Sabah
On 8th December, 2020 Kuwait’s state news agency KUNA announced that Kuwait’s Emir, Sheikh Nawaf al- Ahmad al- Sabah reappointed Sheikh Sabah al-Khalid Al- Sabah as the New Prime Minister of the country. Earlier Sabah took over the Country’s Prime Ministership in September, 2020 after the death of his brother.
- Which organisation awarded “India Sports Awaeds-2020” where Wrestler Bajrang Punia and Shooter Elavenil Valarivan received the highest honour “Sportsperson of the Year of Male & Female” Award?
1) Federation of Indian Commerce and Industry
2) Sports Authority of India
3) Masters Athletics Federation of India
4) Khel Khel Mein Foundation
5) Athletics Federation of IndiaAnswer-1) Federation of Indian Commerce and Industry(FICCI)
On 10th December, 2020 Federation of Indian Commerce and Industry (FICCI) virtually presented India Sports Awards-2020, to sports personalities for their outstanding contributions in the field of sports. In the Event, Wrestler Bajrang Punia and Shooter Elavenil Valarivan received the highest honour “Sportsperson of the Year of Male & Female” Award.
- Which Bengali film has won two awards at Madrid International Film Festival 2020?
5) Rajlokhi O SrikantoAnswer-3) Robibaar
Bengali film “Robibaar” wins two awards at Madrid International Film Festival. Two awards – Best Lead Actress in a Foreign Language Film for Jaya Ahsan and Best Original Screenplay – in the same category.
- Name the city that ranks top in the Urban Quality of Life (UQoL) Index 2020 released by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT-B).
1)Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
2) Kolkata (West Bengal)
3) Mumbai (Maharashtra)
5)Patiyala (Punjab)Answer-3) Mumbai (Maharashtra)
On December 5, 2020, the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT-B) released the Urban Quality of Life (UQoL) Index 2020 which ranked 14 Indian cities in India using 29 indicators grouped into 7 categories. In accordance to this, Mumbai (Maharashtra) tops the index followed by Delhi, Kolkata (West Bengal) and Chennai (Tamil Nadu) by providing Highest Quality of Life while Bihar’s capital city Patna provides poorest quality of life to its people.
- Who authored the Report on Pandemic Management launched by State Bank of India?
1) Soumya Kanti Ghosh
2) Dinesh Kumar Khara
3) Abhijit Banerjee
4) Arvind Panagariya
5) Krishnamurthy SubramanianAnswer-1) Soumya Kanti Ghosh
According to a study conducted by State Bank of India (SBI) Research, North-Eastern (NE) states (All NE states combined as one) topped the list of states in managing Pandemic, Bihar came second, followed by Uttar Pradesh. Rajasthan, Maharashtra and Himachal Pradesh were placed at the bottom. Soumya Kanti Ghosh, SBI Group Chief Economic Advisor was the author of the report. They were ranked based on 2 parameters –macro (Fiscal deficit) & Consumer Price Inflation, 5 performance of states on Central Government Schemes.
- DRDO successfully demonstrated encrypted communication between 2 labs of DRDO using QKD technology, where QKD stands for?
1) Quick Key Distribution
2) Quantum Key Duplication
3) Quantum Key Distribution
4) Quick Key Duplication
5) Quarry Key DiscussionAnswer-3) Quantum Key Distribution
On 9th December, 2020, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully demonstrated communication between 2 labs of DRDO using Quantum Key Distribution (QKD) Technology to share encryption keys. The QKD technology was developed by CAIR (Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics), Bengaluru, and DYSL-QT (DRDO Young Scientists Laboratories-Quantum Technologies), Mumbai. The 2 DRDO labs which participated are Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL) and the Research Centre Imarat (RCI).
- Which country successfully launched 2 satellites for Gravitational Wave Detection under its GECAM mission on December, 2020?
1) Republic of Korea
3) United States of America
5) IsraelAnswer-4) China
On December 10, 2020, China successfully launched 2 satellites for Gravitational Wave Detection from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre (XSLC), Sichuan Province, China. The satellite was sent into orbit by a Long March-11 Rocket developed by China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASC). The 2 satellites are part of the Gravitational Wave High-energy Electromagnetic Counterpart All-sky Monitor (GECAM) mission.
- Which country will host the 2021 Edition of Asia Cup, Cricket tournament?
5) Sri LankaAnswer-5) Sri Lanka
Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Wasim Khan stated that Sri Lanka will host the 2021 Edition of Asia Cup, Cricket tournament and Pakistan will host the 2022 Edition of Asia Cup, Cricket tournament. In July 2020, Asia Cup’s Governing body, Asia Cricket Council (ACC) announced that the 2020 Edition of Asia Cup was cancelled due to Pandemic. The 2020 Edition was originally set to be hosted by Pakistan, as it was cancelled Pakistan were awarded to host the 2022 Edition as Compensation.
- What is the name of the Book released by Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao on December, 2020?
1) NETAJI-India’s Independence and British Archives
2) Legend of Suheldev: The King Who Saved India
3) The Story of the 91st Division
4) Vriksha Vedam
5) Courts of India: Past to PresentAnswer-4) Vriksha Vedam
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao released the book, “Vriksha Vedam” published by the Green India Challenge.
- What is the profession of Manglesh Dabral who died at the age of 72, On December, 2020?
2) Sand Artist
3) Football Player
5) CricketerAnswer-4) Poet
On 10 December, 2020 India’s renowned journalist and Sahitya Akademi Award winning Hindi Poet, Manglesh Dabral died at the age of 72. As a critic of government policies, he returned his Sahitya Akademi award in 2015 in protest against the growing climate of intolerance in the country.
- Padma Shri awardee Astad Deboo passed away on December, 2020, he was awarded for his contribution towards _____.
1) Martial Arts
5) Sand ArtAnswer-2) Dance
On 10th December 2020, Padma Shri Astad Deboo, a renowned Indian Dancer passed away at the age of 73 at his residence in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He was born on 13th July 1947 in Navsari town, Gujarat. He won the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award for his contribution to contemporary creative dance in 1995. He received the Padma Shri for arts in 2007.
- United Nations(UN)’s Human Rights Day is annually observed across the world on _____.
1) 11th December
2) 12th December
3) 30th November
4) 6th December
5) 10th DecemberAnswer-5) 10th December
United Nations(UN)’s Human Rights Day is annually observed across the world on 10th December, the day marks the anniversary of the adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) by the United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) in 1948. The theme of 2020 Human rights day is “Recover Better – Stand Up for Human Rights”, which is associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Which country is not a member nation of ASEAN?
5) SingaporeAnswer-3) India
Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) has 10 States ― Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam and 1 Observer – Papua New Guinea.
- who is the current President of Austria in December, 2020?
1) Andrzej Duda
2) Alexander Van der Bellen
3) Kersti Kaljulaid
4) Sebastian Kurz
5) Erna SolbergAnswer-2) Alexander Van der Bellen
Alexander Van der Bellen is the current president of Austria in December, 2020.
- Where is the Headquarters of United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) located?
5) AmsterdamAnswer-1) Nairobi,Kenya
The United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat), UNEP’s Headquarters is located at Nairobi, Kenya.
- Who is the current chairman of Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) in December, 2020?
1) Subhash Chandra Garg
2) Subhash Chandra Khuntia
3) M R Kumar
4) Ajay Tyagi
5) G.R. ChintalaAnswer-2) Subhash Chandra Khuntia
Subhash Chandra Khuntia, is the current chairman of Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) in December, 2020.
- What is the currency of China?
5) Pound sterlingAnswer-4)Chinese Yuan Renminbi
The Renminbi is the official currency of China and one of the world’s reserve currencies. The yuan is the basic unit of the Renminbi, but the word is also used to refer to the Chinese currency generally.