AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 11 & 12 April 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which country’s Prime Minister participated in a virtual summit with PM Modi (in Apr’21), where they agreed to set-up 25 Centres of Excellence (CoE) in Indian Agriculture sector by 2025?
4) South Korea
5) CanadaAnswer-3) Netherlands
On April 9, 2021, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi & Prime Minister of Netherlands Mark Rutte co-chaired the India-Netherlands Virtual Summit 2021.
The two PMs agreed to on various bilateral initiatives:
· Instituting a ‘Strategic Partnership on Water’
· Fast Track Mechanism for promoting bilateral trade
· Establishment of 25 Centres of Excellence (CoE) sanctioned under the Indo-Dutch Joint Action Plan on Agriculture by 2025.
- Which country is planning to host the virtual summit, ‘Leaders’ Summit on Climate’ in April 2021?
3) United States
4) United Kingdom
5) PolandAnswer-3) United States
John Kerry, United States (US) Special Presidential Envoy for Climate visited India from 5th to 8th April 2021 to discuss the upcoming Leaders’ Summit on Climate which will be hosted by Joe Biden, President of the US and the key climate issues in the context of COP26.
· The US President has invited 40 world leaders (including PM Narendra Modi) to attend the virtual summit on climate on 22nd and 23rd April 2021.
- E-commerce major ___________ is planning (as of Apr’21) to set-up Asia’s largest fulfillment center at _____________.
1) Amazon, Gurugram
2) Flipkart, Bangalore
3) Amazon, Bangalore
4) Flipkart, Noida
5) Flipkart, GurugramAnswer-5) Flipkart, Gurugram
Haryana state govt. approved allotment of 140 acres of land for e-commerce major, Flipkart for setting-up Asia’s largest fulfillment center in Gurugram, Haryana. Unlike traditional warehouses, the fulfilment center will be equipped with highly automated pick, pack, and shipping equipment.
- Identify the points that are correct with respect to the 30th BASIC Ministerial Meeting on Climate, that was held virtually in April 2021:
A) BASIC is a group of 5 countries – Brazil, Australia, South Africa, India & China
B) South Africa is the host country of the 2021 Meeting
C) The Group was formed in 2009 during the UNFCCC Copenhagen Summit
1) Only A & B
2) Only B & C
3) Only B
4) Only A & C
5) Only CAnswer-5) Only C
The 30th Session BASIC (Brazil, South Africa, India & China) Ministerial Meeting on Climate Change hosted by India took place virtually on April 7-8, 2021.
· The meeting was chaired by Environment Minister, Prakash Javadekar.
· The group was established as a result of an agreement signed by the Four Countries – Brazil, South Africa, India & China in 2009 during UNFCCC Copenhagen Summit.
- ____________ Municipal Corporation, is the 1st in India to issue Municipal Green Bonds in BSE, while _________ Municipal Corporation is the 1st to introduce Municipal Bonds in India.
1) Ghaziabad, Bangalore
2) Indore, Bangalore
3) Bangalore, Ghaziabad
4) Ghaziabad, Indore
5) Bangalore, IndoreAnswer-1) Ghaziabad, Bangalore
Ghaziabad Municipal Corporation, a civic body in Uttar Pradesh(UP), has become India’s 1st municipal corporation to issue municipal green bonds.
· It issued municipal green bonds in Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) & raised Rs 150 crore.
· Funds of these green bonds will be used for the construction of a tertiary sewage treatment plant to benefit industries in Ghaziabad.
· The Bangalore Municipal Corporation issued municipal bonds for the 1st time in Indian in 1997.
· Indore was the 1st to get its municipal bonds listed on the National Stock Exchange(NSE).
- Which insurance provider recently (in Apr’21) entered into a bancassurance partnership with Fincare Small Finance Bank?
1) Exide Life Insurance
2) Bharti AXA Life Insurance
3) Tata AIA Life Insurance
4) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
5) Kotak Life InsuranceAnswer-2) Bharti AXA Life Insurance
Bharti Axa life insurance and Fincare Small Finance Bank(SFB) Limited joined hands for a bancassurance partnership under which the bank will sell insurance policies to its customers.
About Bharti Axa Life Insurance:
MD & CEO– Parag Raja
Headquarters- Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Who was recently (in Apr’21) appointed as the 1st woman Director General of the National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER)?
1) Jayati Ghosh
2) Poonam Gupta
3) Gita Gopinath
4) Soma Mondal
5) Soumya SwaminathanAnswer-2) Poonam Gupta
Poonam Gupta, economist of World Bank was appointed as the 1st woman Director General (DG) of the National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER). She will succeed Shekhar Shah, DG of NCAER since 2011, and assume office as the new DG of NCAER on 1st July 2021.
- Which bank recently (in Apr’21) acquired the stakes in Max Life Insurance company to become a co-promoter of the insurer?
1) Axis Bank
2) Bandhan Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) Punjab National Bank
5) Canara BankAnswer-1) Axis Bank
Axis Bank along with its subsidiaries Axis Capital Limited & Axis Securities acquired 12.99% stake in Max Life Insurance company to become a co-promoter of the insurance provider.
About Axis Bank:
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO – Amitabh Chaudhry
Tagline – “Badhti Ka Naam Zindagi”
- __________ developed the World’s 1st MEMS based Micro-Sensor, ________ for Explosive Trace Detection.
1) IIT Delhi, TMapS
2) IIT Madras, NanoSniffer
3) IIT Madras, TMapS
4) IIT Bombay, NanoSniffer
5) IIT Bombay, TMapSnifferAnswer-4) IIT Bombay, NanoSniffer
Education Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched ‘NanoSniffer’ – World’s 1st Micro-sensor (or MEMS, Micro-Electro Mechanical Systems) based Explosive Trace Detector (ETD) developed by NanoSniff Technologies, an IIT Bombay incubated Startup.
- Former National Coach of India & Dronacharya awardee, Sanjay Chakraverty passed away in April 2021. In which sport did he train athletes?
5) ShootingAnswer-5) Shooting
Sanjay Chakraverty, the former National Shooting coach of India & recipient of the Dronacharya Award, passed away at the age of 79 in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
· He has trained many Indian shooters like Abhinav Bindra, Gagan Narang, Anjali Bhagwat and Suma Shirur, Deepali Deshpande, Anuja Jung and Ayonika Paul.