AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 10 September 2022 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
Our Current Affairs June 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- Which Indian company recently (in Sept ‘22) secured the 1st patent for the design and manufacturing of its Single Piece 3D printed rocket engine named ‘Agnilet’?
1) Agnikul Cosmos
5) Dhruva SpaceAnswer-1) Agnikul Cosmos
Agnikul Cosmos, Chennai, Tamil Nadu based space technology start-up secured its first patent for the design and manufacturing of its Single Piece 3D printed rocket engine.
i. The patent was offered to Agnikul Cosmos under the Government of India(GoI)’s patent database, for its Agnilet rocket engine, world’s 1st single-piece 3D printed rocket engine fully designed and manufactured in India.
ii. Agnilet was designed in such a manner to encapsulate 1000’s of parts into just one piece of hardware and has zero assembled parts.
- From which country, Admiral Sunil Lanba recently (in Sept ‘22) received the Pingat Jasa Gemilang (Meritorious Service Medal(Military))?
5) PhilippinesAnswer-4) Singapore
Admiral Sunil Lanba (Retd), former Chief of Naval Staff(CNS), Indian Navy, was conferred the prestigious Pingat Jasa Gemilang (Tentera) [Meritorious Service Medal (Military)] by Halimah Yacob, the President of the Republic of Singapore at the Ministry of Defence, Singapore.
i. The award was presented by Dr Ng Eng Hen, Defence Minister of Singapore on behalf of the President.
ii. Admiral Sunil Lanbaa retired Indian naval officer who served as the 23rd Chief of the Naval Staff of the Indian Navy.
iii. He also conducted the inaugural Singapore-India-Thailand Maritime Exercise (SITMEX) in September 2019.
- Who recently (in Sept ‘22) won the Creative Arts Emmy Awards 2022 (74th Emmys) in the Outstanding Narrator category?
1) Selena Gomez
2) Barack Obama
3) Oprah Winfrey
4) Robert Downey
5) Kylie JennerAnswer-2) Barack Obama
The former President of the United States(US), Barack Obama won the Outstanding Narrator Award at the 2022 Creative Arts Emmy Awards (74th Emmys) for his Netflix series “Our Great National Parks: A World of Wonder”, a 5-part documentary series about some of the world’s national parks and their wildlife.
i. The documentary was nominated under the Outstanding Cinematography for A Nonfiction Program – 2022 category and Barack Obama was nominated under the Outstanding Narrator – 2022 category.
ii. Barack Obama was nominated along with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, David Attenborough, W. Kamau Bell and Lupita Nyong’o.
iii. He is the 2nd US president to win an Emmy. Dwight D Eisenhower (34th US President) was given a special Emmy Award in 1956.
- Name the personality who was recently (in Sept ‘22) appointed as the United Nations (UN) High Commissioner for Human Rights.
1) Walter Kalin
2) Susan Akram
3) Volker Turk
4) Achim Steiner
5) Veronica MichelleAnswer-3) Volker Turk
The United Nations (UN) General Assembly approved Volker Türk of Austria to be UN High Commissioner for Human Rights by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres.
i. Volker Turk replaces Verónica Michelle Bachelet Jeria, a Chilean politician who served at the office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) from 2018 to 2022.
ii. Previously, Volker Türk served as the Assistant High Commissioner for Protection at UN refugees, the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), Geneva. He had a long and successful career in the advancement of human rights globally.
- Gervais Ndirakobuca was recently (in Sept ‘22) appointed as the Prime Minister (PM) of which country?
5) NamibiaAnswer-2) Burundi
Burundi President Evariste Ndayishimiye appointed Gervais Ndirakobuca as the Prime Minister (PM) of Burundi (East Africa) and replaced Alain Guillaume Bunyoni (2020 – 2022).
i. The 113 Members of Parliament (MPs) have approved the proposal of the President of Burundi to appoint Gervais Ndirakobuca.
ii. Gervais Ndirakobuca was given the name ‘Ndakugarika’ which means ‘I will kill you’ for his rebellious command during the Burundian Civil War that ended in 2005.
- Which of the following organizations recently (in Sept ‘22) jointly launched India’s 1st electric freight platform, “Electric Freight Accelerator for Sustainable Transport – India” (e-FAST India)?
1) World Resources Institute (WRI) India
2) NITI Aayog
3) United Nations Environment Programme
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3Answer-4) Both 1 & 2
National Institute for Transforming India (NITI Aayog), in collaboration with World Resources Institute (WRI) India launched India’s 1st electric freight platform, e-FAST India (Electric Freight Accelerator for Sustainable Transport – India) to enable road based electric freight (e-freight) transition.
i. The e-FAST India platform is supported by the World Economic Forum (WEF), CALSTART and RMI (Rocky Mountain Institute) India for bringing different stakeholders together, from across the freight ecosystem.
- Which of the following points are ‘correct’ with respect to Queen Elizabeth II, as of September 2022?
A) Queen Elizabeth II, the United Kingdom’s (UK) or Britain’s longest-serving monarch, passed away at Balmoral Castle in Scotland at 96 years.
B) Queen Elizabeth II’s reign of 70 years, was 7 years longer than that of Queen Victoria and thus she became the longest reigning queen of the UK.
C) With the death of Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles, will officially be known as King Charles III, has become king of the United Kingdom (UK) and 14 other colonies.
1) All A, B & C
2) Only A & B
3) Only B & C
4) Only A & C
5) Only AAnswer-1) All A, B & C
Queen Elizabeth II, the United Kingdom’s (UK) or Britain’s longest-serving monarch, passed away at Balmoral Castle in Scotland at 96 years after reigning for 70 years.
• Elizabeth II became Queen on the death of her father King George VI on 6th February 1952.
i. Her reign of 70 years was 7 years longer than that of Queen Victoria and thus she became the longest reigning queen of the UK.
• She headed the 54-nation Commonwealth, built around Britain and its former colonies and She has appointed 15 prime ministers, from Winston Churchill to Liz Truss over her reign.
ii. With the death of Queen Elizabeth, her son Prince Charles has become king of the United Kingdom (UK) and 14 other colonies.
• The new King, Prince Charles (73 years) will officially be known as King Charles III and is the oldest monarch to take the throne in the history of Britain’s reign.
- Who authored the book, ‘Forging Mettle: Nrupender Rao and the Pennar Story’?
1) Raghuram Rajan
2) Pavan C Lall
3) Amartya Sen
4) Sanjeev Sanyal
5) Kaushik BasuAnswer-2) Pavan C Lall
Senior journalist Pavan C Lall has authored a new book ‘Forging Mettle: Nrupender Rao and the Pennar Story’, which is set to be released in September 2022. The book will be published by HarperCollins Publishers India.
i. The book is focused on how a business is built into a large organisation on the foundations of values and sustainability.
ii. Forging Mettle is a story of Nrupender Rao, Chairman of the Board at Pennar Industries Limited and his entrepreneurial journey.
- When was the 3rd International Day to Protect Education from Attack 2022 observed across the globe by the United Nations (UN)?
1) 8th September 2022
2) 6th September 2022
3) 9th September 2022
4) 7th September 2022
5) 10th September 2022Answer-3) 9th September 2022
The 3rd International Day to Protect Education from Attack 2022 was observed across the world by the United Nations (UN) on 9th September 2022.
i. The day aims to raise awareness of the plight of millions of children living in war-affected countries.
ii. The first-ever International Day to Protect Education from Attack was observed on 9th September 2020.
iii. According to the report titled ‘’Education Under Attack 2022’’ by Global Coalition to Protect Education from Attack (GCPEA), more than 5,000 reported attacks on education and incidents of military use of schools and universities, harming more than 9,000 students and educators in at least 85 countries were recorded in 2020 and 2021.
- Which state recently (in Sept ‘22) launched the “Indira Gandhi Urban Employment Scheme” to offer 100 days of employment per year to families in urban areas?
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) KarnatakaAnswer-3) Rajasthan
Ashok Gehlot, Chief Minister (CM) of Rajasthan, launched the “Indira Gandhi Urban Employment Scheme” at the Ambedkar Bhawan in Jaipur, Rajasthan, to give 100 days of employment per year to families in urban areas.
i. The Rajasthan government has allocated Rs. 800 crores for the scheme, which was first announced by the CM in the state budget for 2022–2023.
ii. The scheme is modelled after the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA).