AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 10 September 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- India’s 1st integrated air ambulance service was launched at which city?
5) New Delhi
Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa launched the Country’s First Integrated Air Ambulance Services at Jakkur Aerodrome, Bengaluru. It is the first air ambulance operating from South India to provide services for medical emergencies. Air ambulance firm International Critical Air Transfer Team (ICATT) will run the services in collaboration with aviation technology firm Kyathi from the HAL airport in Bengaluru.
- Name the 1st PSU in power sector which undertake asset monetization through InvIT model?
1) National Thermal Power Corporation
2) Power Grid Corporation of India
3) National Hydroelectric Power Corporation
4) Rural Electrification Corporation
5) North Eastern Electric Power Corporation
Answer-2) Power Grid Corporation of India
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved to monetize state-run Power Grid Corp. of India Ltd’s (PGCIL), under Ministry of Power transmission projects that were won through a bidding process. The monetisation of assets of POWERGRID will be done through the Infrastructure Investment Trust (InvIT) model. This is the first time any PSU in the Power Sector will undertake asset recycling by monetising its assets through the InvITmodel and using the proceeds to fund the new and under-construction capital projects.
- According to the report titled ‘Levels & Trends in Child Mortality’, India’s child mortality rate has declined from 3.4 million in 1990 to ________ in 2019.
1) 7.63 Lakhs
2) 10.36 Lakhs
3) 8.24 Lakhs
4) 7.15 Lakhs
5) None of the Above
Answer-3) 8.24 Lakhs
According to ‘Levels & Trends in Child Mortality’ Report 2020, India’s child mortality rate has declined from 3.4 million in 1990 to 824,000 in 2019. The report was prepared by the United Nations Inter-Agency Group for Child Mortality Estimation (UN IGME). The Report shows that the number of global under-five deaths dropped to its lowest point on record in 2019, down to 5.2 million from 12.5 million in 1990. The new mortality rates have been released by United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), the World Health Organization (WHO), Population Division of the United Nations, Department of Economic and Social Affairs and the World Bank Group.
- Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal launched the e-filing consumer complaint system recently. Who is the present governor of Delhi?
1) Girish Chandra Murmu
2) Praful Patel
3) Anil Baijal
4) R. K. Mathur
5) Ramesh Bais
Answer-3) Anil Baijal
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal launched the E-Filing consumer complaint system. Using this online portal, consumers can file consumer complaints from the comfort of home. Delhi is the first state to have this system. Delhi State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (DSCDRC) launched the portal via delhistatecommission.nic.in, it has been developed by National Informatics Centre (NIC). State Bank of India (SBI) is providing payment gateway for payment of fees digitally. Delhi: Governor – Anil Baijal.
- Which district was selected as Tamil Nadu’s first fully digital economy district by the central government?
Virudhunagar district of Tamil Nadu, which houses a large number of small and medium enterprises, especially in the fire crackers and allied sectors, has been selected by the Central Government as the state’s first Fully Digital Economy district. All industrial units and commercial establishments in the district are at present implementing various forms of cashless transactions. These include widespread use of ATM debit cards, increased usage of internet banking, widespread use of QR codes etc.
- Name the organization which will be leading the procurement and supply of COVID-19 Vaccines.
1) World Health Organisation
2) United Nations Environment Programme
3) Amnesty Internationals
4) United Nations Children’s Fund
5) Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries
Answer-4) United Nations Children’s Fund
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) will be leading the procurement and supply of COVID-19 Vaccines to ensure that all countries have safe, fast and equitable access to initial doses of Vaccines, when they are available. The procurement and distribution will involve 170 Economies, and has the potential to make it the Largest and Fastest ever kind of operation. UNICEF will collaborate with Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), to lead efforts for procuring and supplying doses of Covid-19 vaccines on behalf of the COVAX Global Vaccines Facility for 92 low and lower middle-income countries.
- Government of India has signed a $500 million worth loan agreement with which organization for Delhi-Meerut RRTS (September 2020)?
1) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
2) New Development Bank (NDB)
3) Asian Development Bank (ADB)
4) World Bank (WB)
5) None of these
Answer-3) Asian Development Bank (ADB)
Government of India (GoI) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a $500 million loan agreement for the Delhi-Meerut RRTS (regional rapid transit system) Investment Project. This is the first tranche of a total $1billion (about Rs 7,485 crore) facility.
- Find the company which has launched the first-of-its-kind digital revolving credit line named ‘LazyPlus’.
5) None of the Above
PayU Finance, India’s leading alternative lending platform, has launched the first-of-its-kind digital revolving credit line called ‘LazyPlus’, which combines power of Unified Payments Interface (UPI) and Buy-Now-Pay-Later concept. It is part of response to the market’s demand for easy access to credit across online and offline platforms and pay-later options.
- SBI mutual fund launched SBI magnum children’s benefit fund recently. Where is the HQ of SBI mutual fund located?
3) New Delhi
SBI Mutual Fund launched SBI Magnum Children’s Benefit Fund -Investment Plan, an open-ended fund for parents to invest for their children. It is a part of SBI Magnum Children’s Benefit Fund. SBI Magnum Children’s Benefit Fund has already offering savings plan, a predominantly debt-oriented offering. The New Fund Offer (NFO) is open for subscription from September 8 and will close on September 22, 2020. SBI Mutual Fund: Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Which bank was recognized as the best bank in the world by New York-based financial publication Global Finance?
1) Wells Fargo
2) DBS Bank
3) Bank of America
4) JPMorgan Chase
5) BNP Paribas
Answer-2) DBS Bank
DBS has been recognised as the World’s Best Bank for the third year in a row, underscoring the bank’s growing presence among banking leaders worldwide. DBS’ latest global best bank accolade comes from the New York-based financial publication Global Finance, which named DBS’ Best Bank in the World’ for the second time in three years in its World’s Best Global Banks 2020 Awards.
- WE HUB, the incubator for women start-up under ‘which’ state government has partnered with NutriHub to promote women entrepreneurship in agri sector?
2) Himachal Pradesh
5) Andhra Pradesh
WE HUB, India’s first State led incubator for women led startups, under the Government of Telangana partnered with NutriHub, first of its kind incubator to provide the needs of the startups in the nutricereal sector, to support women entrepreneurs in the agriculture sector in both urban and rural areas. Vilas A Tonapi, Director of Indian Council of Agricultural Research – Indian Institute of Millets Research (ICAR-IIMR) and Deepthi Ravula, CEO of WE HUB signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
- Vodafone Idea virtually unveiled their new integrated brand identity ‘Vi’ recently. Where is the HQ of Vodafone Idea located?
Vodafone Idea virtually unveiled their new integrated brand identity ‘Vi’ (Pronounced as We) and a new logo. It comes two years after the merger of Vodafone and Idea. Vodafone-Idea Ltd: Headquarters – Mumbai (Maharashtra).
- Which bank has modernized its payment switching system using ACI’s retail payments solution?
1) State Bank of India
2) Punjab National Bank
3) Canara Bank
4) United Bank of India
5) Indian Bank
Answer-1) State Bank of India
ACI Worldwide (ACI), a global provider of real-time digital payment software and solutions has modernized payments infrastructure of State Bank of India (SBI)’s Automated Teller Machine (ATM) and Point-of-Sale (POS). Modernization was done using ACI’s enterprise-class Retail Payments solution.
- According to the estimation of Goldman Sachs, India’s GDP expected to be Shrink by _______ in FY21.
In accordance with the American brokerage Goldman Sachs, Indian economy is the worst-hit among major economies as its gross domestic product (GDP) forecast for FY2020-2021 is contracted to 14.8% from 11.8% estimated earlier. This forecast is the most pessimistic (defeatist) one among all the analysts till now.
- Which state government recently renewed its MoU with UK India Business Council to strengthen the state’s industrial development?
1) Andhra Pradesh
The UK India Business Council (UKIBC) renewed its Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Industries and Commerce Department, Government of Telangana. This will bolster the industrial development of the state.
- Which company partnered with Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC) to provide students with training in robotic process automation?
2) Ark Robot
As a part of an Academic Alliance Programme in Andhra Pradesh, UiPath, a Robotic Process Automation (RPA) software company partnered with Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC) to provide students with training in robotic process automation.
- Name the state/UT government which signed MoU with UN World Food Programme for take-home ration Scheme.
3) West Bengal
4) Jammu & Kashmir
5) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-5) Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh State Rural Livelihood Mission (SRLM) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), through which Take-Home ration will now be manufactured and supplied by Women self-help groups (SHGs). The agreement between WFP and SRLM’s representatives Yogesh Kumar, Mission Director, SRLM and Adeel Abbas was signed today in the presence of the State’s Chief Minister, Yogi Adityanath.
- Name the person who has been conferred with Indira Gandhi Peace Prize for the year 2019?
1) Ela Bhatt
2) David Attenborogh
3) Angela Merkel
4) Manmohan Singh
5) Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
Answer-2) David Attenborogh
Over a virtual event, Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh conferred the Indira Gandhi Peace Prize for the year 2019 upon Sir David Attenborogh, a British broadcaster. Sonia Gandhi, President of Congress was also present during the event. He wrote and presented the BBC nature documentary series, “The Living Planet: A Portrait of the Earth”, which stated that humans have overrun the planet.
- Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Playerzpot recently?
1) Bhuvneshwar Kumar
2) Smriti Mandhana
3) Rohit Sharma
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 2) and 3)
Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
Playerzpot, India’s leading sports gaming platforms signed cricketers Smriti Mandhana and Bhuvneshwar Kumar as their brand ambassadors. The cricketers will feature in the future brand campaigns of Playerzport and promote Playerzpot through engagement activities. Smriti Mandhana and Bhuvneshwar Kumar will support playerzpot to widen the reach of the brand among the target audience.
- Which edition of world solar technology summit was inaugurated by PM Modi recently (organized by ISA & FICCI)?
The first World Solar Technology Summit (WSTS) was held virtually which was organized by the International Solar Alliance (ISA) along with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), as the convenor of ISA Global Leadership Task Force on Innovation, to focus on new Technologies and Innovations in the field of Solar. The summit was inaugurated by Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi.
- The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) has signed agreement with International Solar Alliance (ISA) for deploying 1mn solar irrigation pumps. The GGGI was based on which country?
3) South Korea
Answer-3) South Korea
An agreement was inked between International Solar Alliance (ISA) and Seoul (South Korea) based Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) as a part of which ISA will provide technical assistance in deploying one million solar irrigation pumps. The assistance will first be extended to African countries like Uganda, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Senegal, Mozambique, Fiji, Vanuatu, Tonga and Kiribati, and will be later rolled over to other ISA member nations. ISA also signed a partnership agreement with the Paris-headquartered International Institute of Refrigeration (IIR) for setting up solar heating and cooling demonstration projects in member countries.
- The 1st joint commission meeting between India and Angola held recently. What is the capital of Angola?
5) None of the Above
India- Angola Joint Commission held its 1st meeting through video-conferencing. During the meeting India and Angola agreed to expand their trade relations and also discussed cooperation in health, pharmaceuticals, defence, agriculture, food processing, digitization and telecom. The session was co-chaired by Dr. Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, External Affairs Minister of India, and Ambassador Téte António, Minister of External Relations of the Republic of Angola. There were 3 pacts signed between India and Angola. The pacts are, (i) Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to cooperate in the field of Health (ii) Agreement to exempt visa for holders of diplomatic, official and service passports (iii) MoU for cooperation between the Ministry of External Relations of Angola and Sushma Swaraj Institute of Foreign Service. The capital and currency of Angola are Luanda & Angolan Kwanza respectively.
- The US based silver lake has planned to acquire ______ stake in Reliance Retail Ventures Limited for Rs. 7500 crores.
Silver Lake, US based global technology investment firm, is set to invest Rs.7500 crores in Reliance Retail Ventures Limited (RRVL), a subsidiary of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL). This investment will provide Silver lake a 1.75% stake in RRVL. This investment will enhance the retail presence of RIL in the domestic market.
- Northrop Grumman has named its next Cygnus Spacecraft, NG-14 as __________.
1) Valentina Tereshkova
2) Chiaki Mukai
3) Eileen Collins
4) SS Kalpana Chawla
5) Sunita Williams
Answer-4) SS Kalpana Chawla
An American global aerospace and defense technology company, Northrop Grumman Corporation (Northrop Grumman) has named its next Cygnus Spacecraft, NG-14 as ‘SS Kalpana Chawla’ after Dr Kalpana Chawla, a former NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration), United States of America-USA Astronaut. She was selected in honor of her outstanding place in history as the 1st woman of Indian descent to go to space. S.S. Kalpana Chawla is the 2nd Cygnus to be named for a member of the STS-107 crew. Rick Husband, Columbia’s last commander, was similarly honored in 2016.
- The Light Utility Helicopter (LUH) developed by ‘which’ company has completed hot and high altitude trails in Himalayas recently?
1) Bharat Earth Movers Limited
2) Ordnance Factory Medak
3) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
4) Bharat Dynamics Limited
5) Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Limited
Answer-3) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)’s indigenously developed Light Utility Helicopter (LUH) demonstrated high altitude capability in Hot and High weather conditions in the Himalayas recently for about 10 days. A comprehensive test plan was executed at Leh (3300 MAMSL) in temperatures up to ISA+320C which included envelope expansion, performance and flying qualities. LUH took off from Leh and demonstrated its hot and high hover performance at Daulat Beg Oldie (DBO) Advanced Landing Ground (ALG) at 5000 MAMSL. The helicopter also demonstrated its payload capability in Siachen glacier high altitude. During the trials, pilots landed the helicopter at the highest helipads of Amar and Sonam.
- The Matsya 6 is the Autonomous Underwater Vehicle developed by students of which IIT?
1) IIT Ropar
2) IIT Madras
3) IIT Delhi
4) IIT Bombay
5) IIT Hyderabad
Answer-4) IIT Bombay
A robotic submarine – Matsya 6 – designed by students of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay, won the third position in presentation at the global RoboSub competition held in California in August. Matsya 6 is the latest in the series of autonomous underwater vehicles (AUV) developed by students of IIT Bombay.
- Jaya Prakash Reddy who passed away recently is a renowned _______.
Veteran Telugu Actor Jaya Prakash Reddy, popularly known as JP passed away at the age of 74 at his residence in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh due to cardiac arrest. He was born on 8th May, 1946 in Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh.
- Johnny Bakshi who passed away in September 2020 is a well-known _______.
1) Film Maker
2) Freedom Fighter
3) Sand Artist
Answer-1) Film Maker
On September 5 2020 Eminent producer-director Johnny Bakshi who was born in Pune, passed away at the age 82 due to Cardiac arrest reported by Arogya Nidhi hospital in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Mundra Port terminal is located in which state?
1) Tamil Nadu
2) Andhra Pradesh
A proposal to transfer partial ownership of a terminal at India’s busiest Mundra port in Gujarat to a Chinese company is now under the scanner of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) and the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), after an agreement between the Adani Group’s French joint venture partner CMA Terminals and the China Merchants Group (CMG), a Chinese state-owned enterprise.
- Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organisation (PESO) functions under which ministry?
1) Minister of Science and Technology
2) Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas
3) Ministry of Commerce & Industry
4) Minister of Defence
5) Minister of Home Affairs
Answer-3) Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organisation (PESO) under the Ministry of Commerce & Industry completed 123 years of service on 9th September 2020.
- Deoghar which is in news recently is a district of which state?
Jharkhand will soon get its second airport in Deoghar that is being developed by Airports Authority of India (AAI), in collaboration with the Defense Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and State government.
- Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve is located in which state?
3) West Bengal
5) Uttar Pradesh
Glaciers in Rishikesh catchment area of world heritage site Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve (Uttarakhand) are depleting fast due to climate change, with a reduction of almost 10 per cent in almost four decades, says a study by the Ministry of Environment and Forests.
- Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport is located in which city?
Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport is a public airport located at Babatpur, 26 km northwest of Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.