AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 10 October 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Guidance, company based on Tamil Nadu partnered with which organization to set up South Asia’s first advanced manufacturing hub in Tamil Nadu?
1) International Labour Organisation (ILO)
2) United Nations (UN)
3) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
4) World Economic Forum (WEF)
5) United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)Answer-4) World Economic Forum (WEF)
Guidance, a nodal investment promotion and facilitation agency of Tamil Nadu (TN) located in Chennai has joined hands with the World Economic Forum (WEF) in set up India’s and South Asia’s first advanced manufacturing hub (AMHUB) in Tamil Nadu. This collaboration is in line with the Tamil Nadu Electronics Hardware Manufacturing Policy 2020. In September 2020, Tamil Nadu released its Electronics Hardware Manufacturing Policy 2020 to facilitate foreign investment in electronic systems design and manufacturing (ESDM) for the growth of indigenous startups. The state’s focus is to raise its manufacturing output to US$100 billion by 2025 accounting 25% of India’s total electronics exports, and skilling of more than 100,000 people by 2024.
- Who has inaugurated the Gyan circle ventures of IIIT Sri City, Andhra Pradesh?
1) Nitin Gadkari
2) Prakash Javadekar
3) Harsh Vardhan
4) Nirmala Sitharaman
5) Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’Answer-5) Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
Union Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, Ministry of Education (MoE) virtually inaugurated the Gyan Circle Ventures, a MeitY (Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology) funded Technology Business Incubator (TBI) of Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Sri City (Chittoor), Andhra Pradesh (AP) through Video Conference from New Delhi. Gyan Circle Ventures would function as a Technology Incubation and Development of Entrepreneurs (TIDE 2.0) incubation center.
- Name the person who inaugurated the “International Conference on Mental Health: Looking Beyond COVID-19”.
1) Hardeep Singh Puri
2) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
3) Thaawarchand Gehlot
4) Dharmendra Pradhan
5) Rao Inderjit SinghAnswer-3) Thaawarchand Gehlot
Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, Thaawarchand Gehlot virtually inaugurated the “International Conference on Mental Health: Looking Beyond COVID-19”. The conference was organized by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD), Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment in association with University of Melbourne, Australia.
- Which is 1st state in India to use Quick Deployment Antenna (QDA) technology for disaster management?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
5) MeghalayaAnswer-2) Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand CM inaugurated the State Disaster Response Force’s (SDRF) latest Quick Deployment Antenna (QDA) technology. QDA is a satellite based communication technology which establishes communication in places where network coverage is low or has zero coverage. It will be able to send and receive video or voice calls, and is capable of data transfer which are vital during Emergency Situations. Uttarakhand is the First State to use QDA technology for disaster management.
- According to World Trade Organisation, the World Merchandise Trade forecast is expected to fall by _______ in 2020.
5) 1.8%Answer-4) 9.2%
World Trade Organization (WTO) lowered its projection on the volume of world merchandise trade in 2020 to 9.2% as compared to 12.9% fall in April 2020. This is due to the strong trade performances in June-July, 2020 due to easing of lockdowns in many parts of the world. For 2021, WTO forecasts a 7.2% world trade increase, far below the April estimate of 21.3% growth (Between 21% to 24%) and pre-pandemic level.
- Name the state which has launched Mukhya Mantri Saur Swarojgar Yojana?
2) Madhya Pradesh
5) UttarakhandAnswer-5) Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat launched the Mukhya Mantri Saur Swarojgar Yojana at the Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali Auditorium in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. The scheme is aimed at promoting self-employment of the youth and promoting the production of Green Energy.
- Name the chief minister of Assam who has launched “Swa-nirbhar Naari: Atmanirbhar Asom” for empowerment of the economically disadvantaged women.
1) Neiphiu Rio
2) Pu Zoramthanga
3) Sarbananda Sonowal
4) Conrad Kongkal Sangma
5) N. Biren SinghAnswer-3) Sarbananda Sonowal
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal launched “Swa-nirbhar Naari: Atmanirbhar Asom” for empowering the economically disadvantaged women in the State. The scheme is expected to create more than 3.72 Lakh Sustainable Individual Assets and 822 Community Assets. It will benefit around 4 Lakh Families. It will be implemented in convergence with several schemes of Assam state government departments and missions such as Assam State Rural Livelihood Mission, Agriculture & Horticulture, Fishery, Environment & Forest, Handloom & Textiles, Sericulture, Veterinary & Animal Husbandry.
- Which state government has launched ‘Jagananna Vidya Kanuka Scheme’ to provide free kits to government school students?
2) Andhra Pradesh
3) Tamil Nadu
5) KeralaAnswer-2) Andhra Pradesh
In an effort to combat child labor and help poor parents choose the education for their children, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh has launched Rs 650 crore Jagananna Vidya Kanuka scheme at Punadipadu ZP High School Krishna District. Under the scheme free kits will be provided to 42.32 lakh government school students from Class 1 to 10. The Schools are scheduled to begin from November 2, 2020. Note– Kits will be distributed for 3 days across the state.
- Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai collaborated with which company to mark Containment Zones in Mumbai on Maps?
5) MicrosoftAnswer-3) Google
The Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) (also known as Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC)) has collaborated with Google to mark Containment Zones in Mumbai on Google Maps. The information to be provided on the platform will be provided by BMC. The Containment areas will be shaded in Gray on Google Maps.
- Who has been appointed as the director general of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS)?
1) MA Ganapathy
2) K. VijayRaghavan
3) Rakesh Asthana
4) Snehlata Shrivastava
5) Ajay KumarAnswer-1) MA Ganapathy
Appointments Committee of the Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the appointment of MA Ganapathy IPS (Indian Police Service) as the New Director General(DG) of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS), under the ministry of Civil Aviation. He will hold the position till the 29th February 2024, the date of his retirement or until further order. He succeeds Rakesh Asthana, who was appointed as DG of Border Security Force(BSF) in August. MA Ganapathy is currently serving as the special director general of the Central Industrial Security Force(CISF), incharge of the Airport Security.
- Who has got additional charge as the minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution?
1) Narendra Singh Tomar
2) Piyush Goyal
3) Jitendra Singh
4) Smriti Irani
5) Prakash JavadekarAnswer-2) Piyush Goyal
Ram Nath Kovind, President of India, as advised by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has assigned Union Minister Piyush Goyal with additional charge of the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution following the death of Ram Vilas Paswan. Piyush Goyal is currently serving as the Cabinet Minister of Railways and Commerce and Industry and as deputy leader of BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party) in Rajya Sabha.
- Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of India’s 1st badminton brand named ‘Transform’?
1) Dinesh Khanna
2) Chetan Anand
3) Prakash Padukone
4) Syed Modi
5) Aparna PopatAnswer-2) Chetan Anand
Chetan Anand, Indian Badminton player and Commonwealth Games(CWG) medalist was appointed as the brand ambassador of Transform, India’s first homegrown badminton brand which was virtually launched on 7th October 2020. Chetan Anand was signed as the face of Transform along with his academy in Hyderabad.
- Who has been appointed as the 1st ever digital ambassador of Myntra?
1) Carry Minati
2) Ashish Chanchlani
3) Amit Bhadana
4) Sandeep Maheshwari
5) Bhuvan BamAnswer-5) Bhuvan Bam
Youtuber Bhuvan Bam has been named as Fashion e-commerce platform Myntra’s First Digital Brand Ambassador. He has been appointed to strengthen Myntra’s Digital presence ahead of the Festive Season. The collaboration will create content to ensure that Myntra’s features go beyond traditional forms of communication.
- Who has won 2020 Nobel Prize in Literature?
1) Jesper Svenbro
2) Anders Olsson
3) Per Wästberg
4) Louise Glück
5) Rebecka KärdeAnswer-4) Louise Glück
Mats Malm, Permanent Secretary of the Swedish Academy announced the Nobel Prize in Literature 2020 to 77-year-old Louise Glück, American Poet and essayist “for her unmistakable poetic voice that with austere beauty makes individual existence universal”.
- Which organization has won Nobel Peace Prize 2020?
1) United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
2) International Committee of the Red Cross
3) World Food Programme
4) International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons
5) Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical WeaponsAnswer-3) World Food Programme
Berit Reiss-Andersen, Chair of the Norwegian Nobel Committee announced the Nobel Peace Prize 2020 to the United Nations(UN) World Food Programme(WFP) for its efforts to fight hunger, for its contribution to improving peace conditions in conflict-affected areas and for acting as a driving force in efforts to prevent the use of hunger as a weapon of war and conflict. As the largest specialized agency of the United Nations, the World Food Program is a modern version of the Peace Congresses, that the Nobel Peace Prize aims to promote.
- Who has addressed Invest India conference in Canada virtually?
1) Piyush Goyal
2) Nirmala Sitharaman
3) Ram Nath Kovind
4) Narendra Modi
5) Nitin GadkariAnswer-4) Narendra Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually delivered the keynote address at the Invest India Conference in Canada which aims to showcase opportunities to the business community in Canada for investing in India in the agricultural, medical, educational and business front. The Conference was attended by representatives from banks and insurance companies, investment funds, companies from various sectors like aviation, electronics and manufacturing, consulting firms, universities etc. It should be noted that India is proactively monetizing assets across the sectors of Airports, Railways, Highways, Power Transmission lines, etc. Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT) & Infrastructure Investment Trusts (InvITs) have been fully enabled for monetization of assets.
- Name the half yearly Coastal Security Exercise which was held on October 8-9, 2020, along the coastal areas of Kerala, Karnataka and Lakshadweep.
1) Matla Abhiyaan
3) Sea Vigil
5) Sagar KavachAnswer-5) Sagar Kavach
A two days long half yearly Coastal Security Exercise “Sagar Kavach” was held on October 8-9, 2020, along the coastal areas of Kerala, Karnataka and Lakshadweep to check Coastal Security mechanism and validate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). It assesses the preparedness of security agencies to deal with an asymmetric threat from sea. The exercise was closely monitored from Joint Operations Centre, Kochi (Kerala) and reviewed by Southern Naval Command Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief (FOC-in-C) Vice Admiral Anil Kumar Chawla.
- Name the India’s 1st Anti-radiation missile which was tested from Sukhoi-30 Fighter Aircraft.
1) Alarm 1
2) Hormoz 1
3) MAR 1
4) Rudram 1
5) Prithvi 1Answer-4) Rudram 1
India successfully test-fired its first indigenous anti-radiation missile, Rudram 1, a New Generation Anti-Radiation Missile (NGARM) integrated on Su-30MKI fighter aircraft of Indian Air Force. Developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), this air-to-surface missile was tested at the interim test range Balasore, off the coast of Odisha in the Bay of Bengal.
- Justice KK Usha who passed away recently is the 1st women chief justice of which high court?
1) Rajasthan High Court
2) Allahabad High Court
3) Kerala High Court
4) Patna High Court
5) Gauhati High CourtAnswer-3) Kerala High Court
Justice KK Usha, the former Chief Justice(C.J.) of Kerala High Court(HC) passed away at the age of 81 in a private hospital at Kochi, Kerala due to cardiac arrest. She was the first woman to be directly elevated to the High Court bench from the bar and become Chief Justice. She was born on 3rd July 1939 in Thrissur, Kerala.
- Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Ram Vilas Paswan who passed away recently was elected from which Lok Sabha constituency?
1) Vellore, Tamil Nadu
2) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
3) Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
4) Hajipur, Bihar
5) Jamshedpur, JharkhandAnswer-4) Hajipur, Bihar
Ram Vilas Paswan, Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution (elected from the Hajipur constituency of Bihar) passed away at the age of 74 in a hospital at New Delhi due to heart ailments. He was born on 5th July 1946 at Khagaria, Eastern Bihar. He was the leader of the Lok Janshakti Party(LJP) and a stalwart of socialist movements and known as the foremost Dalit leader of Bihar. He was elected to the Lok Sabha for the first time in 1977 with highest margin as a member of Janata Party and he held the Guinness record for winning his constituency, Hajipur, with the highest margin for many years.
- Avinash Kharshikar who passed away in October 2020 was a renowned ________.
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 2) and 3)Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
Producer and Veteran Marathi Actor Avinash Kharshikar, known for his sense of humor passed away due to heart attack at the age of 68 in a private hospital at Thane, Maharashtra.
- Anantkumar Surendraray Dave who died recently was the former acting chief justice of which High court?
1) Bombay High Court
2) Calcutta High Court
3) Gujarat High Court
4) Madras High Court
5) Chhattisgarh High CourtAnswer-3) Gujarat High Court
Anantkumar Surendraray Dave, Former acting Chief Justice of the Gujarat High Court passed away at the age of 62 at a private hospital in Ahmedabad after prolonged illness. He was born on December 5, 1957, in a tribal village in Panchmahal district. He also served as an Additional Judge of the Gujarat High Court, before his appointment as a permanent Judge.
- When was world post day observed annually?
1) October 10
2) October 12
3) October 8
4) October 9
5) October 11Answer-4) October 9
The World Post Day is observed annually on 9th October. It aims to bring awareness about the role of Post in the lives of people, business and its contribution to global social and economic development. It is observed to celebrate the anniversary of establishment of Universal Postal Union (UPU) in 1874 in Bern, Switzerland. It was declared as World Post Day by the Universal Postal Union (UPU) Congress in Tokyo, Japan in 1969.
- Which ministry observes National Postal week in India between October 9-15, 2020?
1) Ministry of Communications
2) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
3) Ministry of Culture
4) Ministry of Science and Technology
5) Ministry of Rural DevelopmentAnswer-1) Ministry of Communications
National Postal Week will be observed in India from October 9-15, 2020. During the National Postal Week awareness is observed to generate awareness about the role and activities of India Post among public and media at National level. Department of Posts, Ministry of Communications, Government of India is observing the National Postal Week.
Date Day 9th October, 2020 World Post Day 10th October, 2020 Banking Day 12th October, 2020 Postal Life Insurance Day (PLI) 13th October, 2020 Philately Day 14th October, 2020 Business Development Day 15th October 2020 Mails Day
- The world egg day 2020 was observed on _________.
1) October 9
2) December 6
3) November 7
4) August 12
5) September 2Answer-1) October 9
World Egg Day is observed annually on the 2nd Friday of October, this year (2020) the day falls on October 9. The day aims to raise awareness of the benefits of eggs and their importance in human nutrition. The day was established by the International Egg Commission(IEC) in 1996 in a conference held at Vienna.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- The Kalinga Stadium is located in which State?
5) OdishaAnswer-5) Odisha
The Kalinga Stadium completed a two-year milestone since being refurbished for the Odisha Hockey Men’s World Cup Bhubaneswar (Odisha) 2018.
- Khardungla Pass is located in which state/UT?
2) Himachal Pradesh
5) Madhya PradeshAnswer-3) Ladakh
On the occasion of its 88th anniversary on Thursday, the Indian Air Force (IAF) achieved a new record of the highest skydive landing at Khardungla Pass, Leh, Ladakh at an altitude of 17,982 feet, breaking its own earlier record.
- What is the currency of Canada?
5) LekAnswer-2) Dollar
The capital and currency of Canada are Ottawa and Canadian Dollar respectively.
- Where is the headquarters of World Food Programme located?
3) New York
4) New Delhi
5) GenevaAnswer-1) Rome
The World Food Programme (WFP) Which has won Nobel Peace Prize 2020 is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations and the world’s largest humanitarian organization focused on hunger and food security. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome, Italy and has offices in 80 countries.
- Nobel peace prize will be awarded in which city?
1) London, United Kingdom
2) Paris, France
3) Oslo, Norway
4) Stockholm, Sweden
5) New Delhi, IndiaAnswer-3) Oslo, Norway
The Nobel Prize Award Ceremony is held in the Stockholm Concert Hall, where the King of Sweden presents each laureate with a Nobel Prize medal and a Nobel Prize diploma. A televised banquet is then held at Stockholm City Hall. On the same day, the Nobel Peace Prize is awarded in Oslo, Norway.