AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 10 November 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
Our Current Affairs November 2020 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
Date-Wise Current Affairs November 2020 PDF(Content & Q&A) for Paid Users – Click Here to Know More
Questions Based on Current Affairs 10 November 2020
- According to a recent report of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on November 2020, Which State is not ranked amongst the top five states of the country which provide employment under the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) during Corona pandemic?
1) Madhya Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) Tamil NaduAnswer-3) Rajasthan
According to a recent report of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), Madhya Pradesh (MP) has been ranked the top which provides employment under the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) during Covid-19 pandemic. Madhya Pradesh was followed by Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka, Rajasthan, Delhi, Haryana, and Telangana in the list of top 10 states.
- Where was Ro-Pax Ferry service inaugurated virtually by PM Narendra Modi?
1) Madhya Pradesh
4) West Bengal
5) UttarakhandAnswer-2) Gujarat
Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated Ro-Pax Ferry service between Hazira in Surat district in south Gujarat and Ghogha in Bhavnagar district of Gujarat. The vessel Voyage Symphony will be used for this service. It will reduce nearly 370 km road distance between the two places to 90 km by sea route and travel time from 10-12 hours to 3-4 hours. A tripartite agreement involving the ferry operator, Deendayal Port Trust and Gujarat Maritime Board has been signed for the ferry operations.
- Ministry of Shipping has been renamed as _________________.
1) Ministry of Ports
2) Ministry of Shipping
3) Ministry of Waterways
4) Ministry of Jal Shakti
5) Ministry of Ports, Shipping and WaterwaysAnswer-5) Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways
The Government of India renamed the Ministry of Shipping as Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways. It was announced by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi during the virtual inauguration of Ro-Pax Ferry service between Hazira in Surat district in south Gujarat and Ghogha in Bhavnagar district of Gujarat.
- Name the state where the 725-metre-long Dobra-Chanti suspension bridge was (longest motorable single lane suspension bridge in India) inaugurated and also becomes first in India by providing free WIFI to Govt. Institutes.
3) Andhra Pradesh
5) SikkimAnswer-1) Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand Chief Minister, Trivendra Singh Rawat inaugurated the 725-metre-long Dobra-Chanti suspension bridge in Tehri-Garhwal district. It is the longest motorable single lane suspension bridge in India.
The bridge has been built over the Tehri Lake with a total cost of INR 2.96 Crore (approximately). The bridge will connect Pratap Nagar town with Tehri Garhwal district headquarters.
- The Tezpur Litchi was granted the Geographical Indication (GI) tag certification on 27th March 2015. It belongs to which state?
4) Arunachal Pradesh
5) AssamAnswer-5) Assam
The Tezpur Litchi of Assam was granted the Geographical Indication (GI) tag certification on 27th March 2015. The GI Tag to Tezpur Litchi made it an incontrovertible proof of their origin in Assam. The GI tag prevents the production of Tezpur Litchi from other places.
The Tezpur Litchi has got the GI tag under Horticulture Products (Fruits) – Litchi in the class 31. This registration is valid upto 28th August 2023. The North Eastern Regional Agricultural Marketing Corporation Limited (NERMAC) applied for the GI tag of Tezpur Litchi on 29th August 2013.
- Where Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated & laid the Foundation Stone Multiple development projects (worth INR 614 crore), related to Agriculture, Tourism and Infrastructure which includes-
(i) Sarnath Light and Sound show, upgradation of Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital Ramnagar
(ii) 105 Anganwadi Kendras and 102 Gau Ashray Kendras.
(iii) Redevelopment of Dashashwamedh Ghat and Khidkiya Ghat?
1) Kevadia, Gujarat
2) Ratnagiri, Maharashtra
3) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
4) Patna, Bihar
5) Noida, Uttar PradeshAnswer-3) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated & laid the Foundation Stone Multiple development projects for Varanasi, related to Agriculture, Tourism and Infrastructure. According to the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) the Total cost implication of these projects is INR 614 crore. He launched 16 schemes worth INR 220 Crore and highlighted the beginning of work on 14 schemes worth INR 400 crore in Varanasi.
- A 14 days long (from 7–21 November 2020) virtual programme named “AIM–Sirius Innovation Programme 3.0” has been launched for school children. It is India’s first bilateral youth innovation initiative with which Country?
3) United States
5) FranceAnswer-4) Russia
National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and Sirius, Russia launched a 14 days long (from 7–21 November 2020) virtual programme named “AIM–Sirius Innovation Programme 3.0” for Indian and Russian school children.
This is the first virtual innovation programme of this series amid COVID-19.
AIM–Sirius Innovation Programme is a first Indo-Russian bilateral youth innovation initiative to develop technological solutions (both web- and mobile-based) for the two countries.
- Which Bank in association with EAP-India introduced an ‘Employee Assistance Program’, a Well-being Programme for its employees and their family members 24×7?
1) State Bank of India
2) Punjab National Bank
3) Bank of Baroda
4) Indian Bank
5) Canara BankAnswer-3) Bank of Baroda(BOB)
Bank of Baroda (BoB) in association with EAP-India introduced an ‘Employee Assistance Program’, a Well-being Programme for its employees and their family members 24×7.
Aim of the Program is to help its employees to tackle their personal and professional problems through psychological counselling and consulting. BoB has entered into partnership with EAP India Pvt Ltd to provide this counselling.
- Which General Insurance Company launched ‘CancerSendsNoNotifications’ Campaign?
1) Acko General Insurance
2) Bhart AXA General Insurance
3) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
4) HDFC ERGO General Insurance
5) ICICI Lombard General InsuranceAnswer-2) Bhart AXA General Insurance
Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Limited launched ‘CancerSendsNoNotifications’ Campaign on Social Media on account of the National Cancer Awareness Day 2020- November 7.
Aim of the Campaign is to increase awareness and disseminate knowledge to detect the disease in the early stage among people in India and to encourage individuals to prioritize and protect their health and life with the right precautions.
- Which Payment Bank partnered with Bharti AXA General Insurance Co Ltd to offer ‘Smart Drive Private Car Insurance’?
1) India Post Payments Bank
2) Paytm Payments Bank
3) Airtel Payments Bank
4) Fino Payments Bank
5) Jio Payments BankAnswer-3) Airtel Payments Bank
Airtel Payments Bank, India’s first payments bank partnered with Bharti AXA General Insurance Co Ltd to offer ‘Smart Drive Private Car Insurance’, a comprehensive car insurance for its customers. Purpose of Partnership is to offer car insurance to the customers of Airtel Payments Bank
- Marg ERP Ltd has partnered with which payment company in order to ease seamless transactions for MSMEs (Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises)?
3) Amazon Pay
4) Google Pay
5) PayPalAnswer-1) Paytm
In order to ease seamless transactions for MSMEs (Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises)Marg ERP Ltd has partnered with Paytm. Under this Joint Venture (JV), Marg ERP and Paytm empowers MSME using MargPay, a new integrated payments solution, developed by Marg ERP Ltd. Purpose of Partnership is to resolve the payment collection and settlement issues of MSMEs and aid in expanding their businesses. This partnership will also be extended to the Paytm Payments Bank Limited powering Marg Pay’s nodal bank account.
- Which IT sector Company signed a contract (worth INR 400 crore) with Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for enterprise resource planning (ERP) implementation?
4) Tech Mahindra
5) WiproAnswer-4) Tech Mahindra
IT services major Tech Mahindra Ltd has inked a contract worth INR 400 crore for enterprise resource planning (ERP) implementation at defence public-sector unit Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
Tech Mahindra will be responsible for the transformation and modernisation of the ERP system as an implementation and support partner enabling HAL to streamline and standardize its business processes across the organization which includes implementation of supplier relationship management (SRM) and customer relationship management (CRM). HAL has initiated ‘Project Parivartan’ as part of their digital transformation journey, wherein Tech Mahindra will implement the ERP systems over a period of nine years.
- Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. (Joe Biden) is set to become the 46th President whereas Kamala Devi Harris will become the First Woman to serve as Vice President of the United States. They belong to which political party?
1) Republican Party
3) Green/Socialist Party
4) American Solidarity
5) Democratic PartyAnswer-5) Democratic Party
Joe Biden of Democratic Party passed the 270 vote Electoral College required to claim victory in the 2020 United States (U.S.) Presidential election, making him President-elect of the U.S. and Senator Kamala Harris as Vice President-elect. Joe Biden defeated Incumbent U.S. President, Donald Trump & Vice President, Mike Pence of Republican Party in the 2020 elections.
Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. is set to become the 46th President of the United States.
Kamala Devi Harris will become the First Woman, The First Black American and the first American of Asian descent to serve as Vice President of the U.S.
Vice-President elect Kamala Harris is set to become the 49th Vice President of the United States.
- Who has been named as the CEO of Alliance Air (Air India’s regional subsidiary) making her the first woman head to lead an Indian Airline?
1) Shivani Singh
2) Harpreet Singh
3) Shailza Dhami
4) Avani Chaturvedi
5) Bhavna SethAnswer-2) Harpreet Singh
National carrier Air India’s regional subsidiary Alliance Air announced Harpreet A De Singh as its chief executive officer, making her the first woman head to lead an Indian Airline.
Air India Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) Rajiv Bansal issued an order on October 30, saying Singh “will hold the charge of Alliance Air CEO Post till further orders.
Harpreet Singh, who currently holds the position of Air India’s executive director (flight safety) will be replaced on the post by Captain Nivedita Bhasin, one of the airline’s most senior commanders currently flying Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
- Who won the JCB Prize for Literature 2020 for his book “Moustache” (original Malayalam title – “Meesha”)?
1) Jayasree Kalathil
2) Anuradha Roy
3) S. Hareesh
4) Chinmay Tumbe
5) Chandrakant LahariyaAnswer-3) S. Hareesh
Malayalam writer S. Hareesh won the JCB Prize for Literature 2020 worth Rs.25 lakhs for the book “Moustache” (original Malayalam title – “Meesha”) and translated to English by Jayasree Kalathil. The book was published by HarperCollins India in 2020.
This is the 2nd Debut novel and 2nd Malayalam Translation to Win the JCB prize for Literature. The book Moustache highlights the history of Kuttanad region and provides a layout of the social history of Kerala through the characters. The book is described as the contemporary classic that combines magic, myth and metaphor into a vibrant story.
- What is the name of the latest earth observation satellite launched by ISRO (November, 2020) along with 9 international customer satellites from AndhraPradesh?
1) G Sat-30
2) India Sat
5) KALAM SATAnswer-3) EOS-1
In its first mission of 2020, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on November 7, 2020 has launched its latest earth observation satellite EOS-01 from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) or Sriharikota Range (SHAR), Andhra Pradesh (AP) along with 9 international customer satellites from Lithuania (1), Luxembourg (4), and the US (4).
These were carried off by Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV)-C49. It should be noted that this was PSLVs 51st mission, 76th launch mission from SDSC SHAR, and 110th Spacecraft mission of ISRO. EOS-01 is intended for applications in agriculture, forestry and disaster management support with all-weather and day-and-night observation capability.
- Which Space Agency detected a bright Fast radio bursts (FRB) and X-rays (which lasted for a millisecond) from the Milky Way galaxy for the first time ever?
1) ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation)
2) NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration)
4) JAXA (Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency)
5) CNSA (China National Space Administration)Answer-2) NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration)
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) detected a bright Fast radio bursts (FRB) and X-rays, which lasted for a millisecond, from the Milky Way galaxy for the first time ever. This signal, called FRB 200428, was found in April inside the Milky Way galaxy for the first time and was also the first to be traced to a magnetar, which are dead stars that have the most powerful magnetic fields in the universe. The findings confirm that magnetars could be sources for FRBs. FRBs are bright bursts of radio waves from astronomical objects across galaxies, and their sources have been a mystery for over a decade.
- In November 2020, Long March 6 rocket’s 351 flight took off carrying 13 satellites (10 for Argentina). Long March 6 is a Space launch vehicle of which Country?
2) United States (US)
5) ChinaAnswer-5) China
China has successfully sent 13 satellites viz. 3 Chinese and 10 customer’s satellites, into orbit through the Long March 6 rocket’s 351 flight which was lifted off from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center, Shanxi Province, China. From the total satellites, 10 were remote sensing satellites of Argentine imagery company Satellogic. Satellogic signed a contract with China Great Wall Industry Corporation, an arm of China’s main space contractor, in January 2019 for deployment of 90 satellites. The Chinese Satellites are UESTC (also known as Tianyan-05), Beihang SAT-1 and Bayi-03.
- Who won the 49th Edition of the Paris Masters officially known as 2020 Rolex Paris Masters in men’s singles category?
1) Rafael Nadal
2) Novak Djokovic
3) Alexander Zverev
4) Dominic Thiem
5) Daniil MedvedevAnswer-5) Daniil Medvedev(Russia)
The 49th Edition of the Paris Masters officially known as 2020 Rolex Paris Masters took place from November 2-8, 2020 at Palais omnisports de Paris-Bercy (Bercy Arena) in Paris, France. It is a Masters 1000 event and it is a part of the 2020 ATP Tour.
The Rolex Paris Masters is the ninth and final ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) Masters 1000 event. It was the final tournament of the Men’s Tennis season.
Surface Type – Hard court tournament (played on Indoor Hard Court).
2020 Rolex Paris Masters – Overview
Category Winner Runner-up Men’s Singles Daniil Medvedev (Russia) Alexander Zverev (Germany) Men’s Doubles Felix Auger-Aliassime (Canada), Hubert Hurkacz (Poland) Mate Pavic (Croatia) , Bruno Soares (Brazil)
- Who has authored the Book titled “Archaeology and the Public Purpose: Writings on and by M N Deshpande”?
1) Pramila Deshpande
2) Ramchandra Guga
3) Nayanjot Lahiri
4) Romila Thapar
5) Upinder SinghAnswer-3) Nayanjot Lahiri
The Book titled “Archaeology and the Public Purpose: Writings on and by M N Deshpande” authored by Nayanjot Lahiri, Professor of History at Ashoka University was published by Oxford University Press (OUP).
The book interlinks the history of post-Independence archaeology in India with the life of M N Deshpande (1920-2008), a leading Indian archaeologist who became the director-general of Archaeological Survey of India (ASI). The book unveils the selected articles written by Deshpande from his writings and notes. The book gives a glimpse of India’s past, in particular the history of Indian archaeology.
- Sanchaman Limboo passed away recently. He was former (4th) CM of which North Eastern state?
3) Arunachal Pradesh
5) MeghalayaAnswer-1) Sikkim
Sanchaman Limboo, Former Chief Minister (CM) of Sikkim passed away at the age of 73 due to prolonged illness at the Sir Thutob Namgyal Memorial (STNM) Hospital, a state run hospital in Gangtok, Sikkim. He was born on January 15, 1947 in West Sikkim district, Sikkim. Sanchaman Limboo, a member of Sikkim Sangram Parishad Party was the fourth Chief Minister of Sikkim who served from 17th June 1994 to 12th December 1994.
- When is National Legal Services Day observed in India?
1) November 8
2) November 9
3) November 7
4) November 6
5) November 5Answer-2) November 9
National Legal Services Day is observed annually on November 9 across India to commemorate the enactment of the Indian Legal Services Authorities Act 1987. ii.The Supreme Court of India started the day in 1995.
The primary aim of the day is to spread legal awareness among people, ie., about various provisions under the Legal Services Authorities Act 1987 and the rights of the litigants.
In order to ensure justice for all, the day also aims to provide free legal aid and advice to the people of poor and weaker sections.
- The International Day of Radiology (IDoR) was annually celebrated on ?
1) November 8
2) November 9
3) November 7
4) November 6
5) November 5Answer-1) November 8
The International Day of Radiology (IDoR) is annually celebrated by radiologists, radiographers, radiological technologists and professionals across the globe on 8th November. The day is celebrated to create awareness on the importance and value of the contribution of Radiology in the safe patient care. The day was first launched in 2012. The 8th November 2020 marks the 8th International Day of Radiology. The theme of 2020 IDoR is “Radiologists and radiographers supporting patients during COVID-19”. The 8th November was chosen as IDoR to mark the discovery of the existence of X-Rays by Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen on 8th November 1895.
- Department of Forest & Wildlife of which state/UT launched a real time mobile application – “Wildlife Rescue App” for online monitoring of Wildlife rescue, reporting and release of wildlife in the wildlife sanctuaries?
5) Jammu & KashmirAnswer-3) Chandigarh
V.P. Singh Badnore, Administrator of Union Territory (UT) Chandigarh and Governor of Punjab launched a real time mobile application – “Wildlife Rescue App” for online monitoring of Wildlife rescue, reporting and release of wildlife in the wildlife sanctuaries in Chandigarh. The app is an initiative of the Chandigarh’s Department of Forest & Wildlife to rescue the wild animals in distress. The app provides a platform to share the information regarding injured and distressed wildlife to the concerned authorities.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- The Fehmarnbelt Tunnel, world’s longest immersed tunnel is under construction and is expected to open to the public in 2029. It will connect which two countries?
1) England and France
2) Sweden and Denmark
3) Switzerland and Italy
4) Denmark and Germany
5) Denmark and PollandAnswer-4) Denmark and Germany
Construction for the world’s longest immersed tunnel is underway. Slated to open to the public in 2029, the Fehmarnbelt Tunnel will connect the 11.1 miles of Baltic Sea between Denmark and Germany.
Connecting the German island of Fehmarn and the Danish island of Lolland across the Fehmarn Belt, it will be the longest combined road and rail tunnel in the world.
- Valley of flowers national park is located in which state?
2) Uttar Pradesh
5) Himachal PradeshAnswer-3) Uttarakhand
Valley of Flowers National Park is an Indian national park located in North Chamoli and Pithoragarh, in the state of Uttarakhand and is known for its meadows of endemic alpine flowers and the variety of flora.
- Where is Sukhna Wildlife Sanctuary?
2) Arunachal Pradesh
4) Himachal Pradesh
5) ChandigarhAnswer-5) Chandigarh
Sukhna Wildlife Sanctuary is located in Shivalik foothills of Chandigarh city, near Sukhna Lake. It was declared a wildlife sanctuary in 1998. It is closed during rainy season. There is a Pass required to visit which is issued by Forest Department Office, Sec-19B, Chandigarh.
- Where is Skeleton Lake (Roopkund Lake) located?
1) Madhya Pradesh
2) Uttar Pradesh
5) Himachal PradeshAnswer-3) Uttarakhand
Roopkund is a high altitude glacial lake in the Uttarakhand state of India. It lies in the lap of Trishul massif. Located in the Himalayas, the area around the lake is uninhabited and is roughly at an altitude of 16,470 feet, surrounded by rock-strewn glaciers and snow-clad mountains. Roopkund Lake is a small body of water (~40 m in diameter) that is colloquially referred to as Skeleton Lake due to the remains of several hundred ancient humans scattered around its shores.
- Paris Masters officially known as 2020 Rolex Paris Masters is associated with which sport?
2) Table Tennis
5) VolleyballAnswer-3) Tennis
The Paris Masters officially known as 2020 Rolex Paris Masters is an annual tennis tournament for male professional players held in Paris, France. It is played indoors at the AccorHotels Arena, in the neighborhood of Bercy. The event is part of the ATP Tour Masters 1000 on the Association of Tennis Professionals Tour.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification