AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 10 March 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs December 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- Name the Indian Navy’s Largest War Game & operational-level biennial exercise that has recently (in March ‘23) culminated in the Arabian Sea.
1) Samudra Shakti 2023
2) Amphibious Exercise (AMPHEX) 2023
3) Varuna 2023
4) Theatre Level Operational Readiness Exercise (TROPEX) 2023
5) Milan 2023Answer-4) Theatre Level Operational Readiness Exercise (TROPEX) 2023
The 2023 edition of Indian Navy’s Largest War Game and operational-level biennial exercise, “Theatre Level Operational Readiness Exercise” (TROPEX-23), which took place across the Indian Ocean Region (IOR), culminated in the Arabian Sea.
• The recent overall exercise program of the Indian Navy which include Coastal Defence Exercise Sea Vigil 2022, Amphibious Exercise 2023 (AMPHEX 2023), and TROPEX-23 held for 4 months from November 2022 to March 2023.
i. The TROPEX 2023 was held for 3 months from January – March 2023 and it was located in the Indian Ocean, including the Arabian Sea and the Bay of Bengal, and covered an area of about 21 million square nautical miles.
• It extended around 4300 nautical miles (nm) from north to south up to 35-degrees south latitude and 5000 nm from the Persian Gulf in the west to the North Australian coast in the east.
- As per the new International Women’s Day (8th March 2023) study report from City Index 2023, India has the _________ highest number of female billionaires in the world, while _________ (country) tops the list with a total of 92 female billionaires.
1) 3rd; Germany
2) 5th; United States
3) 7th; Germany
4) 5th; China
5) 3rd; United StatesAnswer-2) 5th; United States
India has the fifth-highest number of female billionaires in the world, according to a new International Women’s Day study report from City Index 2023, which was based on the analysis of Forbes’ live billionaire tracker (March 2023).
• India is tied for 5th position with Australia and Hong Kong, with each country having 9 female billionaires.
• Savitri Jindal, an Indian politician and businesswoman, is the richest woman in India with a family fortune of USD 16.96 billion.
i. The US leads the list with a total of 92 female billionaires, which is double the amount of China, which comes in second with 46. The US dominates the list, accounting for 80% of the female billionaires with the highest net worth.
• Germany ranks 3rd with 32 female billionaires, led by German automobile heiress Susanne Klatten (USD 27.58 billion). Italy, which ranks 4th on the list, has 16 female billionaires.
ii. Françoise Bettencourt Meyers, a native of France and Vice Chairperson of L’Oréal, tops the list of richest women in the world with a net worth of USD 81.49 billion.
- How many trading platforms were recently (in March ‘23) designated as Qualified Stock Brokers (QSBs) by the National Stock Exchange (NSE) and Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)?
5) 20Answer-4) 15
The National Stock Exchange (NSE) and Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) have designated 15 trading platforms as Qualified Stock Brokers (QSBs) w.e.f. July 1, 2023 following a direction by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) in February 2023. List of 15 Qualified Stock Brokers.
i. QSBs are shortlisted stock brokers, because of their size and scale of operations, which cater to the needs of a large number of investors. They are identified as QSBs on four parameters viz.
• Total number of active clients of the stock broker
• Available total assets of clients
• Trading volumes excluding the proprietary trading volume
• End-of-day margin obligations of all clients excluding proprietary margin obligation of the stockbroker in all segments
- Name the bank that has recently (in March ‘23) entered into a strategic co-lending partnership with Aadhar Housing Finance Ltd to offer housing loans.
1) YES Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) Axis Bank
4) HDFC Bank
5) Kotak Mahindra BankAnswer-1) YES Bank
In March 2023, YES Bank and Aadhar Housing Finance Ltd entered into a strategic co-lending partnership to offer housing loans to homebuyers.
i. Under the partnership, both parties will offer convenient home finance solutions to customers from lower and middle-income groups.
ii. The partnership is based on the co-lending framework of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) which enables banks and non-banking financial companies to collaborate and provide credit to the unserved and underserved sections of society.
- Which Bank has recently (in March ‘23) partnered with One Point One Solutions and DMI Finance to expand the collections portfolio offering in the Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI) sector?
1) Axis Bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) ICICI Bank
4) IndusInd Bank
5) Kotak Mahindra BankAnswer-5) Kotak Mahindra Bank
One Point One Solutions, a provider of business process management solutions, has partnered with Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited (KMBL) and DMI Finance, a Pan-Indian credit platform, to expand its collections portfolio offering in the Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI) sector.
i. A One Point One Solutions team with multilingual skills, such as English, Hindi, and Kannada, will manage the collection process for some of KMBL’s major products.
ii. The initial engagement with the KMBL will consist of roughly 20 seats and will eventually expand to more than 100 seats across three One Point One Solutions locations.
• The collection portfolio will be managed by One Point One Solutions locations in Mumbai (Maharashtra), Gurugram (Haryana), and Bengaluru (Karnataka) as part of the business scope with DMI Finance.
- As per the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) data released in March 2023, which of the following states recorded a positive growth during the 3 quarters of the current fiscal (FY23) – April 2022 to December 2022?
1) Gujarat & Karnataka
2) Maharashtra & Gujarat
3) Tamil Nadu & Karnataka
4) Maharashtra & Karnataka
5) Tamil Nadu & GujaratAnswer-2) Maharashtra & Gujarat
According to the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) data, Maharashtra and Gujarat recorded positive growth during the 3 quarters of the current fiscal (FY23) – April 2022 to December 2022.
• FDI inflows into Maharashtra went up by 19% year-on-year (y-o-y) to Rs 85,186 crore during the April-December of FY23 as compared to Rs 71,858 crore of FDI inflows during April-December of FY22.
• FDI inflows into Gujarat during April-December of FY23 more than doubled to Rs 32,349 crore compared to Rs 15,321 crore in April-December of FY22.
i. In April-December of FY23, FDI inflows into Karnataka were Rs 70,015 crore, 2nd highest FDI equity inflow after Maharashtra, but it declined by 45% from Rs 1.28-lakh crore during April-December of FY22.
- Who recently (in March ‘23) became the first woman to command Electronics and Mechanical Engineers (EME) unit near the China border?
1) Sophia Qureshi
2) Shaliza Dhami
3) Shiva Chouhan
4) Geeta Rana
5) Priya JhinganAnswer-4) Geeta Rana
Colonel Geeta Rana of the Corps of Electronics and Mechanical Engineers (EME) is the 1st woman officer to take over command of an independent field workshop in the Eastern Ladakh sector with China, after the Indian Army’s clearance of 108 positions for female officers to assume command of independent units in the Corps of Engineers.
i. Colonel Geeta Rana has taken over the ordinance, EME, and other branches of the Corps of Engineers.
ii. The approval of the Indian Army allowing women officers to assume the role of commander was given in January 2023.
- Which of the following points is/are “correct” with respect to the 74th edition of the International Boxing Tournament “Strandja” 2023 held in Sofia, Bulgaria in February 2023?
1) India finished with 7 medals (3 silver and 4 bronze) in the International Boxing Tournament “Strandja” 2023.
2) Govind Kumar Sahani won a silver medal in the Men 48kg category and Anamika won silver medals in women 50 kg category.
3) Bishwamitra Chongtham and Sachin won bronze medals in the Men 51kg and 54 kg categories respectively.
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3Answer-5) Both 2 & 3
The 74th edition of the International Boxing Tournament “Strandja” 2023 was held in Sofia, Bulgaria from 18th to 27th February 2023. India finished with 8 medals (3 silver and 5 bronze).
• The International Boxing Tournament “Strandja” 2023 witnessed the participation of 398 pugilists (256 men and 142 women), which is the highest ever in the competition’s history.
• “Strandja” Tournament has been selected as the 1st tournament to be part of the new Golden Gloves Series from the World Boxing Tour by IBA.
i. Govind Kumar Sahani won a silver medal in the Men 48kg category and Anamika won silver medals in women 50 kg category.
• In the 48 kg (Men) final between Govind Kumar Sahani of India and Shodiyorjon Melikuziev of Uzbekistan (the 2023 Asian U-22 Championships Silver medalist), Uzbekistan defeated India 4-1.
iii. Bishwamitra Chongtham and Sachin won bronze medals in the Men 51kg and 54 kg categories respectively.
- When was World Kidney Day (WKD) 2023 observed across the globe?
1) 6th March 2023
2) 7th March 2023
3) 8th March 2023
4) 9th March 2023
5) 5th March 2023Answer-4) 9th March 2023
World Kidney Day (WKD), a global campaign, is annually observed across the globe on the 2nd Thursday of March to encourage people about the importance of kidneys in maintaining overall health and to raise awareness of several kidney diseases. World Kidney Day 2023 is observed on 9th March 2023.
• The theme of World Kidney Day 2023 is “Kidney Health for All- Preparing for the unexpected, supporting the vulnerable”.
i. The International Society of Nephrology (ISN) and the International Federation of Kidney Foundation (IFKF) jointly proposed to establish the 2nd Thursday of March every year as World Kidney Day.
ii. WKD was 1st launched on 9 March 2006 and was fully inaugurated on 8 March 2007.
iii. The WKD joint Steering Committee published a Scientific Editorial titled “Kidney health for all: preparedness for the unexpected in supporting the vulnerable” to raise awareness and emphasise the WKD’s message.
- Which state recently (in March ‘23) became the 1st state in India to begin the commercial cultivation of Liquorice (Mulethi)?
1) Himachal Pradesh
2) Arunachal Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) HaryanaAnswer-1) Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh (HP) has become the 1st state in India to begin the commercial cultivation of Liquorice (Mulethi) (Glycyrrhiza glabra) with the distribution of planting material among the farmers by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)- Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology (IHBT).
i. India imports 8,047 tonnes of liquorice annually from Afghanistan, China and Nepal, which is mainly grown in Afghanistan.
ii. To reduce these imports, India has started the organized cultivation of Mulethi. The districts of Hamirpur, Bilaspur, Kangra, Una, Solan and Sirmour in HP have potential areas for its cultivation.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification