AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 10 March 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Where is India’s 1st World Skill Center(WSC), an advanced skill training institute, that was developed under the assistance of Asian Development Bank?
1) Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
2) Bhubaneswar, Odisha
3) Kolkata, West Bengal
4) Raipur, Chhattisgarh
5) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Answer-2) Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik inaugurated the India’s first World Skill Center(WSC), an advanced skill training institute at Bhubaneswar with the cost of Rs 1342.2crore, under the Odisha Skill Development Project. The Centre is developed with the assistance of Asian Development Bank(ADB) and ITE Education Services (ITEES), Singapore as the knowledge partner. It will act as the Centre for Industry Partnership and landing point for industries in Odisha for their employment needs.
ADB: Headquartered at Manila, Philippines was established in 1966.
- Which organisation signed an MoU (in Mar’21) with the Ministry of Women and Child Development for enhancing mutual cooperation in various areas targeting Women Empowerment?
1) NITI Aayog
2) India Brand Equity Foundation
4) Invest India
5) Confederation of Indian Industry
Answer-4) Invest India
The Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) signed an MoU with Invest India for enhancing cooperation in areas of Nutrition, Child Protection and Development, Women Empowerment & Capacity building in mission mode. DRISHTI Dashboard – which monitors the actions plans of CPSE (Central Public Sector Enterprises) will be utilized to design, formulate & conduct strategic research for MWCD.
- Which country (in Mar’21) leased 4-Heron TP Unmanned Aerial Vehicles to Indian Army for 3 years?
Indian Army has leased 4 Heron TP medium-altitude, long-endurance (MALE) Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) from Israel for 3 years. The leases were done under the emergency procurement programme of the Indian army. Under ‘Emergency Powers’, the Indian Armed Forces (all 3 services) can buy any weapon system under INR 500 Crore per procurement project for ‘urgent’ requirements. The UAVs will be deployed along with the 3, 448 Km long India-China border.
- Which country’s National Security Adviser visited India (in Mar’21) for participating in the country’s 1st Strategic and Counter Terrorism Dialogue with India?
The 1st Strategic and Counter Terrorism Dialogue between India and Nigeria was held from 4th March 2021 to 5th March 2021. The National Security Adviser of Nigeria Major General (Retd.) Babagana Monguno visited New Delhi, India at the invitation of National Security Adviser of India Ajit K Doval KC for the discussion.
President– Muhammadu Buhari
Currency– Nigerian naira
- What is India’s Rank in the ‘2021 Economic Freedom Index’ released by The Heritage Foundation?
Answer- 5) 121
India with a score of 56.5 was ranked 121 (category – ‘Mostly Unfree’) in the ‘2021 Index of Economic Freedom’ (27th Annual Edition) released by The Heritage Foundation. Singapore topped the list for the 2nd time in a row followed by New Zealand & Australia. For the 1st time, The Heritage Foundation has excluded Hong Kong from its rankings. Hong Kong had topped the Index for 25 out of 27 years (1995-2019).
- Which bank partnered (in Mar’21) with the online Car sales platform, AckoDrive, to issue a free FASTag wallet on car purchase?
1) Airtel Payments Bank
2) Indusind Bank
3) FINO Payments Bank
4) IDFC FIRST Bank
5) Equitas Small Finance Bank
Answer-4) IDFC FIRST Bank
On 6th March 2021, AckoDrive, an online car sales platform, a product of ACKO Technologies and Services Private Limited partnered with IDFC FIRST Bank to issue free FASTags. IDFC FIRST Bank, premier Indian banking company authorized by the National Highways Authority of India(NHAI) to distribute FASTags. On purchase of cars from AckoDrive, a FASTag wallet for the user will be automatically created at the IDFC FIRST Bank.
- What is the purpose of “YES Essence service” launched (in Mar’21) by YES Bank?
1) Low interest Credit Cards
2) Salary credit savings account for Armed forces
3) Priced loans & healthcare benefits for women
4) Loans to MSME at low interest rate
5) Special savings account for senior citizens
Answer-3) Priced loans & healthcare benefits for women
On the occasion of International Women’s Day, Yes Bank launched a banking proposition called ‘YES Essence’ service to offer preferentially – priced loans and healthcare benefits for the women customers. This is aimed at encouraging women customers to fulfill their aspirations through YES Essence service. The scheme covers different categories like lifestyle, wellness, education, protection and investment.
Note – Bank of Baroda (BoB) launched (in Dec’20) ‘Atmanirbhar Women Scheme’ Scheme’
- Which small finance bank launched (in Mar’21) “Garima Saving Accounts”, a special savings account for women that provides a maximum interest rate of 7%?
1) AU Small Finance Bank
2) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
3) Equitas Small Finance Bank
4) Jana Small Finance Bank
5) Fincare Small Finance Bank
Answer-2) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
Ujjivan Small Finance Bank (USFB) launched “Garima Saving Accounts”, a women Saving Account to provide the financial needs of women. The account offers various customised benefits for women which includes a maximum of 7% rate of interest on savings account. The account comes with a complimentary membership to Kavach Plan with protection worth up to Rs. 60,000.
About Ujjivan Small Finance Bank:
MD & CEO– Nitin Chugh
Tagline– Build a Better Life
Headquarters– Bengaluru Karnataka
- Who recently (in Mar’21) received a ‘Baton of Honour’ from President Ram Nath Kovind?
1) Anusuiya Uikey
2) Baby Rani Maurya
3) Anandiben Patel
4) Tamilisai Soundararajan
5) Kiran Bedi
Answer- 5) Kiran Bedi
On March 08,2021 President Ram Nath Kovind presented a Baton of Honour and a letter of appreciation to former Puducherry lieutenant governor Kiran Bedi at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi. The Baton decorated with the emblem of the Indian Republic was given as a memento.
- Which state govt. announced 3 new schemes “Krantijyoti Savitrbai Phule”, “Tejasvini Yojana” & “Rajmata Jijau Griha-Swamini Yojna” in its annual budget for 2021, targeted on benefiting Women?
3) Himachal Pradesh
4) Andhra Pradesh
Maharashtra’s Deputy Chief Minister (CM) & Finance Minister Ajit Pawar presented the state budget for the year 2021-22. The budget included 3 new schemes benefiting women.
Krantijyoti Savitrbai Phule – To provide free travel in govt. buses to girl students in rural areas for travelling from villages to schools.
Tejasvini Yojana – Provides special buses for women in urban/metro centres for a safe and easy commute.
Rajmata Jijau Griha-Swamini Yojna – Concession of 1% in Stamp Duty if it is done in the name of a woman of the house.