AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 10 July 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Name the country that recently (in July’21) signed an MoU with India for cooperation in the field of governance & personnel administration
1) United Kingdom
India signed an MoU with Gambia to strengthen and promote bilateral cooperation in personnel administration and governance reforms. Both countries will share expertise in contributory pension schemes and e-recruitment in government.
Currency– Gambian dalasi
- Where did Epsilon Carbon Private Ltd (ECPL) set-up India’s 1st integrated carbon black complex?
1) Jagdalpur, Chhattisgarh
2) Bellary, Karnataka
3) Nashik, Maharashtra
4) Kolkata, West Bengal
5) Sagar, Madhya Pradesh
Answer-2) Bellary, Karnataka
i.Coal India Ltd (CIL) signed an agreement for the purchase of 11, 20-cubic metre Russian rope shovels for nearly Rs 1,462 crore with Iz-Kartex named after P.G.Korbokov Ltd, a Russian shovel manufacturing company.
ii.India’s 1st integrated carbon black complex has successfully commissioned its operations in Bellary, Karnataka. It was set up by Epsilon Carbon Private Limited (ECPL)
- Which organisation partnered with the Ministry of External Affairs to organise the 1st edition of Indo Pacific Business Summit?
1) Confederation of Indian Industry
2) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry
3) Quality Council of India
4) National Small Industries Corporation
5) Department for Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade
Answer-1) Confederation of Indian Industry
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in partnership with the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) organised the 1st edition of Indo Pacific Business Summit virtually.
i.Theme of the Summit – ‘Developing a Road Map for Shared Prosperity’
ii.India’s Production-Linked Incentive (PLI) Schemes worth USD 26 billion in 13 sectors to boost manufacturing
- Identify the company that recently entered into a Rs 499 crore worth contract with Defence Ministry for Manufacturing Akash Missiles:
1) Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd
2) Ordnance Factory Board
3) Bharat Dynamics
4) Mishra Dhatu Nigam
5) Bharat Electronics
Answer-3) Bharat Dynamics
Bharat Dynamics Ltd (BDL) signed a INR 499 crore contract with the Ministry of Defence (MoD) for manufacture and supply of Akash Missiles (Surface-to-Air Missile System) to the Indian Air Force (IAF).
Akash was developed by DRDO
BDL is headquartered at Hyderabad, Telangana
- India in partnership with _________________ will host the International Climate Summit 2021 in September with key focus on ____________________.
1) Norway; Green Ammonia
2) Canada; Green Hydrogen
3) Italy; Green Ammonia
4) Italy; Green Hydrogen
5) Norway; Green Hydrogen
Answer-5) Norway; Green Hydrogen
India will host the International Climate Summit 2021 (ICS) on 3rd September in New Delhi, with key focus on ‘Green Hydrogen’ and making India as a Global hub for Hydrogen production. The event will be organised in partnership with the Government of Norway.
- Where did Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General MM Naravane inaugurate an ‘Indian Army Memorial’ during his (July’21) European visit?
1) Paris, France
2) Milan, Italy
3) Peterborough, UK
4) Lyon, France
5) Cassino, Italy
Answer-5) Cassino, Italy
India’s Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General MM Naravane conducted high-level meetings with his counterparts & senior military leaders in the United Kingdom (UK) & Italy on his European visit in July 2021.
i.He inaugurated an ‘Indian Army Memorial’ at Cassino, Italy. The memorial acts as a respect for the sacrifice made by Indian forces during World War II.
- Who headed the team that created the 69-feet World’s Tallest Sandcastle in Denmark?
1) Sudarsan Pattnaik
2) Wilfred Stijger
3) Anish Kapoor
4) Dan Belcher
5) Radovan Zivny
Answer-2) Wilfred Stijger
The sandcastle created by the Dutch Designers team led by Wilfred Stijger, which stands around 69 feet tall becomes the World’s Tallest Sandcastle, created as a part of the sandcastle festival in Blokhus, Denmark.
- RBI issued guidelines to banks for smoother transition from the international benchmark reference rate, ___________ to other popular alternatives, as it is set to phase out on ______________.
1) LIBOR; 31st December, 2021
2) SOFR; 31st December, 2021
3) SONIA; 31st December, 2021
4) SOFR; 31st December, 2022
5) LIBOR; 31st December, 2022
Answer-1) LIBOR; 31st December, 2021
RBI issued an advisory to banks and other RBI-regulated entities to prepare for the transition from the international benchmark reference rate, ‘London Interbank Offered Rate’ (LIBOR), to any other widely accepted Alternate Reference Rates.
i.LIBOR is set to phase out on 31st December, 2021
ii.RBI has also advised banks to stop using the ‘Mumbai Interbank Forward Outright Rate’ (MIFOR), which references the LIBOR.
iii.Secured Overnight Financing Rate (SOFR) & Sterling Overnight Interbank Average Rate (SONIA) are the 2 popular alternatives of LIBOR
- Which bank partnered with ‘Mumbai Metro’ & MasterCard to launch ‘One Mumbai Metro Card’?
1) Axis Bank
3) Punjab National Bank
4) Union Bank of India
5) HDFC Bank
Answer-1) Axis Bank
Mastercard, Mumbai Metro One Private Ltd (MMOPL), and Axis Bank launched ‘One Mumbai Metro Card’ to enable cashless and contactless travel for Mumabi People
- Who became the Acting CEO of ICC after the resignation of Manu Sawhney from the post of CEO in July 2021?
1) Greg Barclay
2) Imran Khwaja
3) Geoff Allardice
4) Shashank Manohar
5) Sunil Gavaskar
Answer-3) Geoff Allardice
Manu Sawhney, Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of the International Cricket Council (ICC) has resigned from his post with immediate effect following the report against his “abrasive behaviour” with his colleagues.
Geoff Allardice will continue as the acting CEO of ICC.
Chairman– Greg Barclay
Headquarters– Dubai, UAE