AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 10 & 11 May 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Union Human Resource Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal has made amendment in Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF) Scheme to boost research in the country. Who is the MoS of HRD ministry?
1) Anurag Thakur
2) Sanjay Dhotre
3) Suresh Angadi
4) Ramdas Athawale
5) Kishan Reddy
Answer-2) Sanjay Dhotre
Union Human Resource Development(HRD) Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ announced various modifications(amendments) in the Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship(PMRF) Scheme to boost research in the country & to enable more students to avail the benefit under the scheme.Minister of State (HRD)– Sanjay Dhotre.
- Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has amended Rule 44G of Income-tax Rules, 1962 recently. Who is the chairman of CBDT?
1) M Ajit Kumar
2) Rajnish Kumar
3) P C Mody
4) Rahul Chaudhry
5) Sanjay Dutt
Answer-3) P C Mody
The Central Board of Direct Taxes(CBDT) amended Rule 44G of Income-tax Rules, 1962 for making an application to invoke the mutual agreement procedure in Form no.34F which will be called Income-tax (8th Amendment) Rules, 2020.About CBDT: Chairman– Pramod Chandra Mody.
- Sikkim government has passed the budget comprises of Rs. 9100 for fiscal year 2020-21. Who is the chief minister of Sikkim?
1) Prem Singh Tamang
2) Pema Khandu
3) Hemant Soren
4) Neiphiu Rio
5) Biplab Kumar Deb
Answer-1) Prem Singh Tamang
The Sikkim Legislative Assembly with a 32-member state legislature passed the budget of Rs 9,100 crores for the fiscal 2020-21 comprising Rs. 7343.60 as revenue expenditure, and Rs. 1756.40 as capital expenditure in the 2nd Session of 10th Assembly (Budget Session 2020-21) on March 24. SikkimChief Minister (CM)– Prem Singh Tamang (Golay).
- The central government has launched India’s biggest evacuation plan to bring back Indian citizens stranded in foreign countries. What is the name of the mission?
1) Stranded Indians Mission
2) Smart India Mission
3) Come Back Indians Mission
4) Bharat Nagrik Mission
5) Vande Bharat Mission
Answer-5) Vande Bharat Mission
Vandhe Bharat mission is the massive repatriation operation planned by the Indian government to bring back stranded Indians in different parts of the world in the wake of the coronavirus crisis. In the first phase that started on May 7, more than 60 “non-scheduled, commercial” flights will operate from about 12 countries to bring back 15,000 citizens. The second phase of the Vandhe Bharat mission in the third week of May is expected to cover European nations.
- Which Indian metro city has registered the highest number of Internet users in accordance with the study by Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI)?
2) New Delhi
As per the study by Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI), Among the metro cities, Mumbai has the highest internet population of 13 million, a growth of 12%. Delhi had 11.3 million while Bengaluru had 6.6 million along with 6.2 million in Kolkata and 6 million in Chennai.
- For 40th anniversary of eradication of which disease the World Health Organisation and United Nations postal agency has released the commemorative postage stamp?
5) Small Pox
Answer-5) Small Pox
The World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nation (UN) postal agency released a commemorative postage stamp on the 40th anniversary of the eradication of smallpox. Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO Director-General, was the speaker on the occasion held in Geneva, Switzerland.
- The central government has raised the estimated gross market borrowing crore for FY 21 as per the Budget Estimates from 7.80 Lakh crores to _______.
1) 12 lakh crores
2) 10 lakh crores
3) 9 lakh crores
4) 8 lakh crores
5) 15 lakh crores
Answer-1) 12 lakh crores
The Finance Ministry has informed that Government has hiked its estimated gross market borrowing to Rs 12 lakh crore(additional Rs 4.2 lakh crore) from Rs 7.80 lakh crore for Financial Year(FY) 2020-21 as per the Budget Estimates(BE) so as to tackle the expected shortfall in revenue due to the impact of COVID-19 crisis on the economy.
- The union finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched Rupee – _______ futures and options contracts on 2 international exchanges namely India INX (BSE) and NSE-IFSC (NSE).
Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman launched INR-USD (Rupee-Dollar) Futures and Options contracts on two international exchanges namely BSE’s India INX and NSE’s NSE-IFSC at the International Financial Services Center (IFSC) of Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City) in Gandhinagar through a video conference.
- What is the revised India’s GDP estimate for FY21 as per US based Goldman Sachs group.
American multinational financial services company Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. has predicted India’s GDP (Gross domestic product) growth for 2020-21 (FY21) at -0.4% following the expansion of the lockdown. While the Japanese brokerage firm Nomura Holdings, Inc. has also lowered India’s FY21 GDP growth forecast to –5.2% from -0.4% predicted earlier.
- Name the company which has signed contract worth Rs.1200 crores with defence ministry for Phase-II of Modernisation of Air Field Infrastructure (MAFI) of 37 airfields of IAF.
1) JSW Energy
2) Reliance Power
3) Torrent Power
4) Tata Power
5) Adani Power
Answer-4) Tata Power
The Defence Ministry has signed a contract worth around Rs 1,200 crore with Tata Power Strategic Engineering Division(TPSED) for Phase-II of Modernisation of AirField Infrastructure(MAFI) of 37 airfields for Indian Air Force(IAF), Indian Navy (IN) and Indian Coast Guard (ICG). The proposal is approved by Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.
- Name the Indian cricket who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of education technology company ELSA corp.
1) Ajinkya Rahane
2) Jaspreet Bumrah
3) Rohit Sharma
4) MS Dhoni
5) Virat Kohli
Answer-1) Ajinkya Rahane
ELSA Corp (English Language Speech Assistant Corporation) India, the education technology company based out of the US (United States), has appointed Indian Test team vice-captain Ajinkya Madhukar Rahane as its brand ambassador for India, Middle East, ANZ (Australia & New Zealand) and SAARC.
- Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying has presented the award to the winners of “Startup India-Animal Husbandry Grand Challenge” recently. Who is the present minister for the animal husbandry ministry?
1) Atul Chaturvedi
2) Som Parkash
3) Giriraj Singh
4) Renuka Singh
5) Rao Inderjit Singh
Answer-3) Giriraj Singh
Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Giriraj Singh(chief guest) presented the award to the winners of “Startup India-Animal Husbandry Grand Challenge”. Minister of State of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying(AHD), Sanjeev Kumar Balyan & Secretary AHD), Atul Chaturvedi were also present.
- The US based Carlyle group has acquired 74% stake in which among the following Indian animal health care company for Rs. 1587 crore recently?
1) Cargill India Pvt. Limited
2) Ashish Life Science Pvt. Limited
3) Delacon Biotechnik GmbH. DSM Nutritional Products Limited
4) SeQuent Scientific Limited
5) Bayer Animal Health. Boehringer Ingelheim India Limited
Answer-4) SeQuent Scientific Limited
The Carlyle Group, an United States(US) based private equity firm acquired 74% stake in SeQuent Scientific Limited, the largest animal healthcare company from India for Rs.1,587 crore($210 million) for Rs.86 apiece.
- UK’s GlaxoSmithKline has sold its 5.7% stake in which company for $3.35 billion in May 2020?
1) Hindustan Unilever Limited
2) ITC Limited
4) Parle Agro
5) Britannia Industries
Answer-1) Hindustan Unilever Limited
GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK), a British multinational pharmaceutical company, has sold its 5.7 % stake in Indian FMCG (fast-moving consumer goods) company Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) for $3.35 billion (about 254.8 billion rupees) in the stock market through a largest ever block deal. However, the names of the buyers could not be immediately ascertained.In an another big transaction, French firm Societe Generale S.A has acquired 1.29 crore shares in HUL worth of Rs 2,453.58 crore from British drugmaker GlaxoSmithKline Pte
- Nanosafe Solutions, the Start-up in which Indian IIT has developed and launched an antimicrobial and washable face mask “NSafe”?
1) IIT Calcutta
2) IIT Delhi
3) IIT Kanpur
4) IIT Madras
5) IIT Bombay
Answer-2) IIT Delhi
With increasing demand for face masks to contain transmission of deadly COVID-19 virus, IIT (Indian Institute of Technology)- Delhi startup company named Nanosafe solutions has developed and launched an antimicrobial and washable face mask “NSafe” that can be reused upto 50 launderings.
- The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has received approval from Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) for clinical trial of which drug to treat COVID-19 recently?
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 2) and 3)
Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) received approval from Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) for its two clinical trial drugs- “favipiravir” and “phytopharmaceutical”- to combat coronavirus.
- Who has authored the booked titled “Finding Freedom: Harry and Meghan and the Making of A Modern Royal Family”?
1) Omid Scobie
2) Emmanuel Johnson
3) Carolyn Durand
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 1) and 3)
Answer-5) Both 1) and 3)
Biography of Britain’s Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle “Finding Freedom: Harry and Meghan and the Making of A Modern Royal Family” by royal reporters Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand scheduled to release on 11th August tops the pre order charts as it went online in Amazon.
- The Time of Remembrance and Reconciliation for Those Who Lost Their Lives during World War II is a 2-day international event observed every year on?
1) May 8 & May 9
2) May 9 & May 10
3) May 7 & May 8
4) May 6 & May 7
5) May 10 & May 11
Answer-1) May 8 & May 9
The Time of Remembrance and Reconciliation for Those Who Lost Their Lives during World War II is a two-day international event observed every year on May 8 & 9 to pay tributes to the millions of people who lost their lives during World War II. This year marks the 75th anniversary of World War II.
- The International migratory bird day for the year 2020 was observed on May 9. What is the theme for WMBD 2020?
1) “Birds Connect Our World”
2) “Protect Birds: Be the Solution to Plastic Pollution!”
3) “Their Future is our Future – A Healthy Planet for Migratory Birds and People.”
4) “Year of the Bird”
5) “Protect Birds: Be the Solution to Plastic Pollution!”
Answer-1) “Birds Connect Our World”
On 9th May 2020, World Migratory Bird Day(WMBD) is an annual global celebration campaign to raise awareness of the needs for the conservation of migratory birds and their habitats.This day was initiated in 2006 by the Secretariat of the Agreement on the Conservation of African-Eurasian Migratory Waterbirds(AEWA). The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) marked May 9th as WMBD. The theme of this year’s WMBD is “Birds Connect Our World”.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Sunderbans tiger reserve which is in news recentlybelongs to which Indian state?
2) West Bengal
Answer-2) West Bengal
The number of tigers in the Sunderbans reserve forest in West Bengal has increased to 96 from 88, according to the 2019-20 census by the West Bengal Forest Department’. “The forest has a total area of around 3700 sq km.
- What is the constituency of defence minister of Raj Nath Singh?
2) North Goa
Defence Ministry: Union Minister– Rajnath Singh(Constituency- Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh).
- Who is the present Director General of Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)?
1) V G Somani
2) Trilochan Mohapatra
3) Shekhar C. Mande
4) Satheesh Reddy
5) K Sivan
Answer-3) Shekhar C. Mande
Shekhar C. Mande is the Director General of Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
- Khangchendzonga National Park is in which state?
3) Arunachal Pradesh
Khangchendzonga National Park also Kanchenjunga Biosphere Reserve is a National Park and a Biosphere reserve located in Sikkim, India. It was inscribed to the UNESCO World Heritage Sites list in July 2016, becoming the first “Mixed Heritage” site of India.
- Which among the following is the oldest stock exchange in the world (according to Guinness World Records)?
1) Toronto Stock Exchange
2) Amsterdam Stock Exchange
3) Frankfurt Stock Exchange
4) Madrid Stock Exchange
5) Bombay Stock Exchange
Answer-2) Amsterdam Stock Exchange
Amsterdam Stock Exchange, 1602 – According to Guinness World Records, it is the oldest in the world. Currently known as Euronext Amsterdam, it was founded in 1602 by the Dutch East India Company to deal in its printed stocks and bonds. It was the first exchange to formally start trading in stocks.