AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 10 & 11 January 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Our Current Affairs January 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Date-Wise Current Affairs January 2021 PDF(Content & Q&A) for Paid Users – Click Here to Know More
Questions Based on Current Affairs 10 & 11 January 2021
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download
- Which was the 31-hour long marathon International Conference held to promote use of Information & Communication Technology (ICT) in Higher Education sector, that was inaugurated by Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, in January, 2021?
1) Zero- Shunya Se Sashaktikaran
2) All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
3) EDUCON 2020
4) Mekong Ganga Cooperation
5) IIT-2020 Global SummitAnswer-3) EDUCON 2020
On January 7-8 2021, the 2-day Virtual International Akhand Conference ‘EDUCON 2020’ was held that got inaugurated by Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, Ministry of Education (MoE). The Chief Guest of Valedictory Ceremony was Prof Dhirendra Pal Singh, Chairman, University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi. This 31-hour long marathon International Conference was the 1st of its kind conference in India where global scholars continuously explored the possibilities of use of ICT in the higher education in India.
Theme: Envisioning Education for Transforming Youth to Restore Global Peace.
- Which organisation will implement the seaplane service project that was initiated by the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways (MoPSW)?
1) Sagarmala Development Company Ltd
2) Fame India
3) Naval Research Board
4) IIFCL Projects Ltd
5) Ministry of TourismAnswer-1) Sagarmala Development Company Ltd
The government is in process to launch seaplane services in collaboration with the airline operators on several routes, including Delhi-Ayodhya. This process was initiated by the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways (MoPSW). The services will be launched under a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) framework. The project will be executed and implemented through Sagarmala Development Company Ltd (SDCL), which is under the administrative control of MoPSW.
- Who represented India in the annual India and France Strategic Dialogue 2021that was held at New Delhi in January, 2021?
1) Bipin Rawat
2) Ajit Doval
3) Rajnath Singh
4) S. Jaishankar
5) Narendra ModiAnswer-2) Ajit Doval
On January 7, 2021, the annual India and France Strategic Dialogue 2021 to discuss regional and global issues was held at New Delhi where Indian delegation was led by National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and French delegation was represented by Emmanuel Bonne, Diplomatic Advisor to the French President. Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ addressed the ‘International Monolithic conference’ organised by CUPB.
- Which organisation got approval from the Competition Commission of India (CCI) in January, 2021 to acquire 100% shareholding of Columbia Asia Hospitals Private Limited(CAHPL)?
1) Dr. Lal PathLabs Limited
2) Apollo Hospitals
3) Manipal Health Enterprises Private Limited
4) Fortis Healthcare Limited
5) MedantaAnswer-3) Manipal Health Enterprises Private Limited
On January 8, 2021 The Competition Commission of India (CCI) gave approval to the acquisition of 100% shareholding of Columbia Asia Hospitals Private Limited(CAHPL) by Manipal Health Enterprises Private Limited(MHEPL). After this acquisition MHEPL will become India’s 2nd largest healthcare chain, after Apollo Hospitals. The combined entity will have 27 hospitals across 15 cities with more than 4000 doctors and over 10,000 employees.
- Which launched Coastal Research Vehicle (CRV) was launched by Union Minister Harsh Vardhan at Chennai Port, in January, 2021?
1) Sagar Kanya
2) Sagar Anveshika
3) Sagar Sampada
4) Sagar Manusha
5) Sagar TaraAnswer-2) Sagar Anveshika
On January 9, 2021, Union Minister for Earth Sciences, Harsh Vardhan launched Coastal Research Vehicle (CRV) ‘Sagar Anveshika’ at the Chennai Port. The vehicle will be used to carry out environment indexing and bathymetric (mapping underwater features) in both coastal and offshore waters. It will be used for research purposes by National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT). NIOT already has 6 Research Vessels – Sagar Kanya, Sagar Sampada, Sagar Nidhi, Sagar Manusha, & Sagar Tara.
- Which among the following books was authored by Pulitzer Prize winner, late Cornelius Mahoney ‘Neil’ Sheehan?
1) Typee: A Peep at Polynesian Life
2) Battle-pieces and Aspects of the War: Civil War Poems
3) Ada, or Ardor: A Family Chronicle
4) A Bright Shining Lie: John Paul Vann and America in Vietnam
5) Barracoon: The Story of the Last “Black Cargo”Answer-4) A Bright Shining Lie: John Paul Vann and America in Vietnam
On January 7, 2021 Cornelius Mahoney ‘Neil’ Sheehan, an American journalist and Pulitzer Prize-winning author passed away at the age of 84 in Washington D.C., United States(US) due to complications from Parkinson’s disease. He received many awards including National Book Award for Nonfiction in 1988 and the Pulitzer Prize for Pulitzer Prize for General Non-Fiction in 1989 for his book ‘A Bright Shining Lie: John Paul Vann and America in Vietnam’.
- What was the theme of 16th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas, that was celebrated on January 9, 2021?
1) 100 years of Gandhi’s return from South Africa
2) Apna Bharat, Apna Gaurav
3) Redefining engagement with the Indian diaspora
4) Contributing to Aatmanirbhar Bharat
5) Role of Indian Diaspora in building a New IndiaAnswer-4) Contributing to Aatmanirbhar Bharat
Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) 2021 was celebrated on January 9, 2021.The Day is celebrated once in every two years. During this day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated PBD Convention 2021 virtually in New Delhi, a flagship event of the Ministry of External Affairs to strengthen the participation of the overseas Indian community. H.E. President Santokhi of Suriname was the chief guest of the PBD Convention 2021. Theme of the 16th PBD Convention 2021– “Contributing to Aatmanirbhar Bharat”.
- Which state government launched a website “COSFOM” for water conservation under Indo-German Programme ‘Climate Change Adaption in the Himalaya’?
1) Himachal Pradesh
5) UttarakhandAnswer-4) Manipur
On January 8, 2021, Awangbow Newbai, Minister for Forest, Environment & Climate Change, Manipur launched a website for Community-based Sustainable Forest Management for Water Resource Conservation in Manipur (COSFOM) – www.cosfom.mn.gov.in at the Forest Headquarters, Sanjenthong, Manipur. COSFOM is a component under Indo-German Programme ‘Climate Change Adaption in the Himalaya’.
- Which was the world’s largest Energy Service Company, as of January, 2021?
1) Weatherford International
2) Energy Efficiency Services Limited
4) PTT Public Company Limited
5) Formosa Petrochemical CorporationAnswer-2) Energy Efficiency Services Limited
Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) is an Energy Service Company (ESCO) owned by the Government of India, and it’s the world’s largest ESCO.
- Who was the current Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations, as of January, 2021?
1) Syed Akbaruddin
2) Sanjay Shamrao Dhotre
3) Uma Shankar
4) lndra Mani Pandey
5) T. S. TirumurtiAnswer-5) T. S. Tirumurti
The Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations is India’s foremost diplomatic representative to the United Nations. The current Permanent Representative of India to UN is T. S. Tirumurti, as of January, 2021.