AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 1 September 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- How much crores worth road projects’ foundation stone was laid by Union Road transport and Highways minister Nitin Gadkari (August 2020)?
1) Rs. 555 Cr
2) Rs. 777 Cr
3) Rs. 666 Cr
4) Rs. 999 Cr
5) Rs. 333 CrAnswer-2) Rs. 777 Cr
Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways Nitin Jairam Gadkari inaugurated three important bridges, two road improvement projects. He laid the foundation stone for four other major bridge projects across the rivers Wainganga, Bandiya, Perikota and Perimili in the Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra with an outlay of Rs. 777 Crores. The projects will be crucial for improving mobility and providing socio-economic development for the people of Gadchiroli district. The region is affected by Left Wing Extremism (LWE).
- PM Modi inaugurated the college, administration buildings of Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University in which city recently?
5) JhansiAnswer-5) Jhansi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the College, Administration Buildings of Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University in Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh through video conference. The Central Agricultural University is expected to improve the education infrastructure and contribute to cutting edge research in agriculture and further farmer welfare.
- How much crore was sanctioned for 500 water projects to improve the water availability in the drought prone Bundelkhand region, Uttar Pradesh?
1) Rs 15, 000
2) Rs 7, 500
3) Rs 2, 500
4) Rs 5, 000
5) Rs 10, 000Answer-5) Rs 10, 000
Prime Minister Narendra Modi sanctioned 500 water projects worth Rs 10, 000 crores to improve the water availability in the drought prone Bundelkhand region. Projects worth Rs. 3, 000 Crore have already commenced in the region, and works have begun on increasing the groundwater level in the region under the groundwater management scheme. The proposed Ken-Betwa river linking project will change the fortune of Bundelkhand region.
- The 6th edition of International Military-Technical Forum “Army-2020” was held between August 23-29, 2020 at which city?
1) New Delhi, India
2) Washington DC, United States of America
3) Geneva, Switzerland
4) Moscow, Russia
5) Beijing, ChinaAnswer-4) Moscow, Russia
The 6th International Military-Technical Forum “Army-2020” was held between August 23-29, 2020 at the Patriot Park near Moscow, Russia which was organized by Russian Defence Ministry and operated by International Congresses and Exhibitions Ltd. (ICE Ltd). During the forum, Indian Pavilion was inaugurated by Secretary (Defence Production) Raj Kumar and Indian Ambassador to Russia D. Bala Venkatesh Varma.
- Vedanta has partnered with which bank for long term syndicate loans worth Rs. 10,000 crores?
1) Punjab National Bank
2) State bank of India
3) ICICI Bank
4) Canara Bank
5) HDFC BankAnswer-2) State bank of India
Vedanta announced its tie up for a long term syndicated loan facility for Rs.10000 crores with State bank of India (SBI) as facility agent and SBICAP Trustee Company limited (SBICTCL), a wholly owned subsidiary of SBI Capital Market Limited (SBICAP) as the security trustee with door to door tenor of 7 years. Syndicated loan is a loan offered by a group of lenders to provide credit to a large borrower. As a lender State Bank of India(SBI) has committed Rs.5000 crores.
- The BRICS sports ministers approve MoU for cooperation in the field of physical culture and sport recently. Which country is the chairman of BRICS 2020?
5) RussiaAnswer-5) Russia
First Meeting of the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China & South Africa) Sports Ministers under the Russian BRICS Chairmanship (2020- BRICS chairman Russia) took place through video conference. The BRICS Sports Ministers signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to strengthen and develop the cooperation in the field of physical culture and sport within the BRICS members.
- Which airport has won the ‘National Energy Leader’ and ‘Excellent Energy Efficient Unit’ awards at the 21st National Awards for ‘Excellence in Energy Management’?
1) Indira Gandhi International Airport
2) Chattrapati Shivaji International Airport
3) Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport
4) Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
5) Veer Savarkar International AirportAnswer-4) Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
The GMR led Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (Hyderabad International Airport) won the ‘National Energy Leader’ and ‘Excellent Energy Efficient Unit’ awards at the 21st National Awards for ‘Excellence in Energy Management’. It was organized by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Godrej Green Business Centre (GBC). The award was given during the 19th edition of ‘Energy Efficiency Summit’, Virtual Conference and Exposition on Energy Efficiency held from August 6-28, 2020. Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited-Vizag Steel Plant (RINL-VSP) has also been awarded ‘Excellent Energy Efficient Unit’ award by CII GBC in national award competition for excellence in energy management, which was held online from August 25 to August 28.
- Who co-chaired the 17th ASEAN-India economic ministers meet, along with Vietnam’s Tran Tuan Anh?
1) Ravi Shankar Prasad
2) Anurag Thakur
3) Nitin Gadkari
4) Piyush Goyal
5) None of the AboveAnswer-4) Piyush Goyal
17th Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)-India Economic Ministers Consultations was held virtually which was co-chaired by Minister of Commerce and Industry & Railways Piyush Vedprakash Goyal and Minister of Industry and Trade of Vietnam Tran Tuan Anh. The focus of the meet was to discuss the reviewing of ASEAN India Trade in Goods Agreement (AITIGA), which has been recommended by ASEAN India Business Council (AIBC) Report, submitted during the meet.
- Which company has acquired Future Group for Rs. 24,713 crores?
1) Reliance Retail Ventures Limited
2) Arogya Retail Ventures Limited
3) Bharti-AXA General Insurance Co Ltd
4) Hindustan Retail Ventures Limited
5) Adani Retail Ventures LimitedAnswer-1) Reliance Retail Ventures Limited
The Reliance Retail Ventures Limited (RRVL), subsidiary of the Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) acquired the retail and wholesale, logistics and warehousing business of the Future Group Business as going concerns on a slump sale basis for lump sum aggregate consideration of Rs 24,713 crore. This acquisition is a part of the scheme where Future Group merges with companies including Future Retail, Future Lifestyle Fashions, Future Consumer, Future Supply Chains and Future Market Networks into Future Enterprises Limited (FEL). The slump sale of FEL would include Big Bazaar, fbb, Foodhall, Easyday, Nilgiris, Central and Brand Factory.
- The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) & SEBI has given approval to Reliance Jio to sell units worth Rs 25,215 crore in tower infrastructure trust to which company?
1) Bharti Airtel
2) Cybertech Internationals
3) New Enterprise Associates
4) Brookfield Infrastructure Partners L.P.
5) None of the AboveAnswer-4) Brookfield Infrastructure Partners L.P.
The Department of Telecommunications’ (DoT) and The Securities and Exchange Board of India-SEBI (with certain clauses) has given approval to Reliance Jio Infocomm (RJio), to sell units worth Rs 25,215 crore in Tower Infrastructure Trust to Brookfield Infrastructure Partners L.P. It also approved a downstream foreign investment of Rs 105.35 crore to acquire remaining 49% paid up equity share capital in Reliance Jio Infratel Pvt Ltd (RJIPL) and increase the foreign capital in the firm to 100%.
- The S-400 missile system will be delivered to India by which country?
1) United States
3) Saudi Arabia
5) GermanyAnswer-2) Russia
The first regiment of S-400 anti-air system by Russia will be delivered to India by the end of 2021. India has ordered 5 regiments of this system that is designed to take down targets at a range of over 400 km. Notably, there is an ongoing portfolio of defence orders worth $15 billion with India as a part of which AK203 rifles will be produced at a factory in Amethi in Uttar Pradesh while the acquisition of Igla-S air defence missiles should be completed soon.
- Name the e-market platform which was launched to bridge gap between Indian farmers & UAE food industry.
5) None of the AboveAnswer-4) Agriota
United Arab Emirates (UAE) launched ‘Agriota’, a new technology-driven agri-commodity trading and sourcing e-market platform during a launch ceremony, which was also attended by Pavan Kapoor, Ambassador of India to the UAE. The market platform aims to bridge the gap between millions of rural farmers in India and the Gulf nation’s food industry. This launch followed the India-UAE Virtual Buyer Seller Meet titled “Forge a New Path in COVID-19” organised on August 20. It has been launched by Dubai’s free-zone Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC) and the government of Dubai’s authority on commodities trade and enterprise.
- Who has won the Belgian Grand Prix 2020?
1) Charles Leclerc
2) Lewis Hamilton
3) Valtteri Bottas
4) Sebastian Vettel
5) Max VerstappenAnswer-2) Lewis Hamilton
Formula One Champion Mercedes Lewis Hamilton (British) won the Belgian Grand Prix (GP) 2020 at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium. This is his 4th Belgian GP win, the record equals with Jim Clark and Kimi Raikkonen in 3rd position in all time most wins of Belgian GP, behind Michael Schumacher (6 times) and Ayrton Senna(5times). With this victory, he claimed his 89th career title. Note– This victory is Lewis Hamilton’s 5th win in 7 races this year (2020).
- Name the country which has won championship (gold medal) in 2020 Online FIDE Chess Olympiad.
3) United States
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 1) and 3)Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
On 30th August, 2020 India and Russia were declared joint winners of the 2020 Online FIDE (International Chess Federation) Chess Olympiad after the final was marred by internet disconnection. This was the first time that FIDE was holding the Olympiad in an online format due to the ongoing Pandemic. Initially, Russia were declared winners after two Indian players – Nihil Sarin and Divya Deshmukh lost out on time in the final due to a disconnection in the server. However, India lodged a protest against the controversial decision which was reviewed and FIDE announced Gold Medals for both India and Russia. This was India’s maiden appearance in the final of the tournament, and Russia had not won a Chess Olympiad since 2002.
- S. Padmavati who passed away in August 2020 is popularly known as ________.
1) GodMother of Entomology
2) GodMother of Cardiology
3) GodMother of Psychology
4) GodMother of Etymology
5) None of the AboveAnswer-2) GodMother of Cardiology
Dr S. Padmavati Sivaramakrishna, India’s 1st Female & Oldest Cardiologist died at the age of 103 in National Heart Institute (NHI) due to COVID-19 infection. She was the founder of All India Heart Foundation (AIHF) and NIH, New Delhi, India and established the 1st cardiac clinic and catheterization laboratory (cath lab) at the Lady Hardinge Medical College in India(Delhi). She is popularly known as the “GodMother of Cardiology”. She was born on June 20, 1917 in Burma (now Myanmar). She is the recipient of Padma Bhushan (1967) and Padma Vibhushan (1992).
- Chadwick Boseman who passed away recently is a renowned _______.
5) DiplomatAnswer-4) Actor
Chadwick Boseman, Hollywood star well known for his role as T’Challa in the film Black Panther (2018) of the Marvel Superhero Franchise passed away at the age of 43 in his residence at Los Angeles, United States of America(USA) due to colon cancer. He was born in Anderson, South Carolina.
- Katyayani Shankar Bajpai who is in news recently is a _________.
1) Sand Artist
5) DiplomatAnswer-5) Diplomat
Katyayani Shankar(KS) Bajpai (also known as K. Shankar Bajpai) former Indian Ambassador(envoy) to the United States(US), Pakistan, Netherlands and China passed away at the age of 92. He co-founded the Delhi Policy Group (DPG), an independent think tank in 1994 with other eminent public intellectuals & remained its chairman since then. He served as the Former Indian Secretary, External Affairs Ministry. He was born on March 30, 1928, in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- When was the UN’s International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances was observed annually?
1) 27th August
2) 28th August
3) 29th August
4) 30th August
5) 31st AugustAnswer-4) 30th August
United Nations(UN)’s International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances is annually observed on 30th August to create and raise awareness that enforced disappearance is a crime and it should not be used like a tool to deal with the situations of conflicts. The first International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances was observed on 30th August 2011. The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/65/209 on 21st December 2010, welcomed the adoption of the International Convention for the protection of all the Persons from Enforced Disappearance and declared 30th August as the International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances.
- PM Modi announced to celebrate which month of 2020 as “Poshan Maah” or “Nutrition Month”?
5) NovemberAnswer-3) September
On 30th August 2020, during the monthly radio broadcast programme “Mann ki Baat”, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced to celebrate the September 2020 as “Poshan Maah” or “Nutrition Month”. The month will be celebrated across India to educate everyone on the importance of optimum nutrition. The nutrition month was celebrated earlier in September 2018 and 2019.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Bhitarkanika National Park is located in which state?
2) Andhra Pradesh
5) West BengalAnswer-3) Odisha
Odisha’s Bhitarkanika National Park is the second largest mangrove ecosystem in the country.
- Tarapur Atomic Power Station is located in which state?
3) Arunachal Pradesh
5) HaryanaAnswer-2) Maharashtra
Tarapur Atomic Power Station is located in Tarapur, Palghar, Maharashtra, India. It was the first commercial nuclear power station built in India.
- ‘The banker to every Indian’ is the tagline of which bank?
1) State Bank of India
2) Punjab National Bank
3) Canara Bank
4) United Bank of India
5) Indian BankAnswer-1) State Bank of India
The taglines of State Bank of India are The banker to every Indian; With you all the way; Purely banking nothing else; The nation banks on us.
- Taj Mahal is located in which state?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
5) Uttar PradeshAnswer-5) Uttar Pradesh
Taj Mahal is located at mausoleum complex in Agra, western Uttar Pradesh state, northern India. It is situated in the eastern part of the city on the southern (right) bank of the Yamuna (Jumna) River. Agra Fort (Red Fort), also on the right bank of the Yamuna, is about 1 mile (1.6 km) west of the Taj Mahal.
- Who is the present governor of Maharashtra?
1) Acharya Devvrat
2) Jagdeep Dhankhar
3) Draupadi Murmu
4) Anil Baijal
5) Bhagat Singh KoshyariAnswer-5) Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Ram Nath Kovind, President of India recently appointed Satya Pal Malik, Goa Governor as the Governor of Meghalaya. Meanwhile, Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari was given the additional charge as Governor of Goa. Satya Pal Malik replaced Tathagata Roy who completed his 5-year term by serving as governor of Tripura for 3 years and remaining in Meghalaya.