AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 1 October 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the ‘operation’ which was launched by south eastern railway to improve security of women passengers.
1) Operation Mitra
2) Operation Shakti
3) Operation Blue God
4) Operation my Saheli
5) None of the Above
Answer-4) Operation my Saheli
The South Eastern Railways (SER) launched the project, “Operation my Saheli (Friend)” to enhance the security of women passengers in the train throughout the entire journey from the originating point to their destinations.
- Indian railways has rolled out User Depot Module (UDM) developed by ‘which’ organisation?
1) Centre for Railway Research
2) Centre for Railway Information Systems
3) Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India
4) IRCON International
5) Indian Railway Finance Corporation
Answer-2) Centre for Railway Information Systems
Indian Railways has publicized User Depot Module (UDM) developed by CRIS (Centre for Railway Information Systems) across all User Depots of Western Railway. It was rolled out virtually by P. C. Sharma, Member (Traction & Rolling Stock (T&RS). It should be noted that Railway’s supply chains up to Stores Depots has already been digitized; however, activities at user end are being done manually. Therefore, the implementation of this system will transform manual working to digital working with real time transactions and online information exchange among all stakeholders. This system will be implemented shortly across all Zones of Indian Railways.
- Ram Nath Kovind gave his nod to the Taxation and Other Laws (Relaxation and Amendment of Certain Provisions) Bill, 2020. Who is the chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)?
1) M Ajit Kumar
2) Rajnish Kumar
3) P C Mody
4) Rahul Chaudhry
5) Sanjay Dutt
Answer- 3) P C Mody
In March 2020, the Taxation and other Laws (Relaxation of Certain Provisions) Ordinance, 2020, was promulgated that seeks to provide various reliefs in terms of compliance requirements for taxpayers amid the coronavirus pandemic. Now, on September 29, 2020, the President of India, Ram Nath Kovind gave his assent to the Taxation and Other Laws (Relaxation and Amendment of Certain Provisions) Bill, 2020 which will amend 5 Acts viz. the Income-tax Act, 1961, Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017, Finance Act, 2019, the Direct Tax Vivad se Vishwas Act, 2020 and the Finance Act, 2020. About Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT): Chairman– Pramod Chandra Mody.
- Which company has partnered with Bajaj Allianz to launch cyber insurance named ‘Digital Suraksha Group Insurance’?
Flipkart and Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company partnered to offer ‘Digital Suraksha Group Insurance’ for customers who wish to cover themselves against financial losses resulting from cyber-attacks, cyber frauds, or other such malicious activities on various online platforms.
- Name the bank which has launched green initiative named ‘IB-eNote’.
1) IDBI Bank
2) Union Bank of India
3) Indian Bank
4) HDFC Bank
5) ICICI Bank
Answer-3) Indian Bank
Indian Bank launched IB-eNote, a green initiative to enable a total paperless working environment. This tool enables processing and tracking of notes put up by various offices digitally. The bank for this initiative has customised SharePoint, one of the features of Microsoft Office. The Bank also launched ‘Ind Guru’, an e-learning platform for its employees.
- Which company has partnered with Amex to provide global benefits and offer exclusive privileges to their premium consumers?
1) ICICI Card
2) PNB Card
3) SBI Card
4) IOB Card
5) HDFC Card
Answer-3) SBI Card
SBI Cards & Payment Services Ltd (SBI Cards) partners with American Express Global Network Services (Amex) to provide global benefits and offer exclusive privileges to their premium consumer segments in India.
- The RBI has extended the enhanced borrowing limit for banks under marginal standing facility (MSF) till which date?
1) January 1, 2021
2) April 1, 2021
3) March 31, 2021
4) August 31, 2021
5) March 31, 2022
Answer- 3) March 31, 2021
RBI also extended the enhanced borrowing facility provided to banks under the marginal standing facility (MSF) scheme by six months till March 31, 2021. It was initially available up to June 30, 2020 and was later extended up to September 30, 2020 due to economic disruptions amid COVID-19.
- Tata steel has collaborated with which organization to work together in the areas of Carbon Capture, Utilisation & Storage (CCUS)?
1) Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)
2) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
3) Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore
4) Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR)
5) Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS)
Answer-2) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
Tata Steel and Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to work together in the areas of Carbon Capture, Utilisation & Storage (CCUS). Both sides have signed the MoU to meet India’s growing energy demands and to build a strong ecosystem to meet commitments under the Paris Agreement. CCUS plays a vital part in India’s fight against Climate Change and Global Warming.
- The Power Finance Corporation and NHPC Limited signed MoU with which ministry regarding the detailing of various targets to be achieved during FY 2020-21?
1) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
2) Ministry of Power
3) Ministry of Finance
4) Ministry of Science and Technology
5) Ministry of Planning
Answer-2) Ministry of Power
Power Finance Corporation Ltd (PFC) and NHPC Limited (erstwhile National Hydroelectric Power Corporation) have signed a performance-based Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Ministry of Power (MoP) in New Delhi detailing various targets to be achieved during FY 2020-21. Generation target under excellent rating has been set as 27500 MUs (Mega Unit) as against the 2019’s target of 26000MUs. Excellent Targets for Revenue from Operations (Net) has been kept as Rs. 8900 crores.
- Which state government has signed MoU with Danish water forum in water sector?
1) Himachal Pradesh
2) Uttar Pradesh
Gujarat Water Supply and Sewerage Board, Government of Gujarat signed a 5-year Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with Danish Water Forum(DWF) in the water sector through an online interactive platform to establish Indo-Danish Water Technology Alliance in Gujarat and to contribute to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal(SDG) 6, ‘Clean Water and Sanitation’.
- Who has been appointed as the new president of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) Society?
1) Pankaj Parashar
2) Shekhar Kapur
3) Brijendra Pal Singh
4) Anil Mehta
5) Rajeev Ravi
Answer- 2) Shekhar Kapur
Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) announced the appointment of Renowned Filmmaker Shekhar Kapur (74) as the new President of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) Society and Chairman of FTII Governing Council which runs the FTII, an autonomous film School under the MIB at Pune, Maharashtra. His tenure will run till March 2023.Kapur succeeds Brijendra Pal Singh, popularly known for his lead role in the tele series CID whose tenure ended in March 2020.
- Name the person who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Bengal Peerless?
1) Virendra Sehwag
2) Rahul Dravid
3) Sourav Ganguly
4) Yuvraj Singh
5) Mohammed Kaif
Answer- 3) Sourav Ganguly
Kolkata based Real Estate Developer Bengal Peerless Housing Development Company Limited appointed Former National Cricket Team Captain and Current President of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), Sourav Ganguly as its Brand Ambassador.
- Who has launched iDEX4Fauji during iDEX virtual event from New Delhi?
1) Rajnath Singh
2) Amit Shah
3) Nirmala Sitharaman
4) Prakash Javadekar
5) Nitin Gadkari
Answer-1) Rajnath Singh
To promote the participation of frontline members of defence in indigenous innovation, on September 29, 2020, iDEX4Fauji was launched, a first of its kind initiative allowing Faujis (Soldiers) or members of the Indian Armed Forces to become part of this process and get recognized. Soldiers are the ones who are working in the field and on borders, handling extreme conditions and equipment and would be having many ideas to improve such equipment. So in order to support such ideas through Services Headquarters this mechanism is started. It was launched by the Union Minister Rajnath Singh, Ministry of Defence (MoD) during the iDEX (Innovations for Defence Excellence) event which was held virtually from New Delhi. He also launched the Defence India Startup Challenge (DISC 4), and Product Management Approach (PMA) guidelines.
- Find the organization which has organized the ‘GCTC Energy Security Conference 2020’ (addressed by Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas, Dharmendra Pradhan).
1) Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority
2) Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative
3) Global Counter Terrorism Council
4) Confederation of Indian Industry
5) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry
Answer-3) Global Counter Terrorism Council
Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas, Dharmendra Pradhan addressed the ‘GCTC Energy Security Conference 2020’ organized by Global Counter Terrorism Council (GCTC), it took place from September 29, 2020 to September 30, 2020. The Theme of ‘GCTC Energy Security Conference 2020’ is – “Energy Security Architecture in Post Covid-19 World”.
- Who represented India at 3rd edition of G20 Sherpa Meeting took place virtually under Saudi Arabia’s Presidency?
1) Prakash Javadekar
2) Nitin Gadkari
3) Narendra Modi
4) Amit Shah
5) Suresh Prabhu
Answer- 5) Suresh Prabhu
G20 Sherpa Meeting took place virtually under Saudi Arabia’s Presidency. The meeting discussed the actions taken by the forum for tackling the COVID-19 Pandemic. This is the 3rd edition of G20 Sherpa Meeting. G20 Members, Invited Countries, International and Regional organizations participated in the meeting. Suresh Prabhu, Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha represented India at the meeting. He is India’s Sherpa (Emissary) to G7 and G20.
- The 6th joint Consultative Commission (JCC) meet between India and which country held recently?
2) Sri Lanka
India and Bangladesh held the 6th Joint Consultative Commission (JCC) meet through a virtual platform. The meeting was co-chaired by A. K. Abdul Momen, Foreign Minister of Bangladesh and S Jaishankar, External Affairs Minister of India. During the meeting, the Ministers jointly released commemorative postal stamp issued by the Government of Bangladesh on the occasion of the 151st Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. India is planning to launch a postal stamp on the occasion of the Birth Centenary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman (“Father of Nation” of Bangladesh) on December 16, 2020. A Bangabandhu-Bapu digital museum in India and Bangladesh will take place in India, Bangladesh and other places. Also, India and Bangladesh decided to form a ‘High Level Monitoring Committee’ to review progress of implementation of 3 Line of Credit Projects concluded between them. It will be headed by Secretary, Economic Relations Division, Bangladesh and High Commissioner of India in Dhaka.
- General Atlantic plans to buy ______ stake in Reliance Retail Ventures Limited (RRVL).
Answer- 1) 0.84%
Reliance Industries Limited(RIL) and Reliance Retail Ventures Limited(RRVL) announced that General Atlantic will buy 0.84% stake in RRVL, a subsidiary of RIL for Rs 3,675 crore. This investment values RRVL at a pre-money equity value of Rs 4.285 lakh crore. With this investment, RRVL gets total funding over Rs 16,000 crore within September 2020. The investment of General Atlantic will translate into a 0.84% equity stake in RRVL on a fully diluted basis. The transaction is subject to regulatory and other customary approvals.
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the acquisition of 100% equity shareholding in CoWrks India by which company?
2) KKR & Co.
3) Carlyle Group
5) Veritas Capital
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002 has approved the acquisition of certain real estate projects of RMZ Group and 100% equity shareholding in CoWrks India Pvt Ltd. by Brookfield Private Capital (DIFC-Dubai International Financial Centre) Limited. The acquiring entity will be a newly formed company that belongs to Brookfield Private Capital (DIFC) Limited. Real estate projects that are to be acquired are related to the business of leasing commercial real estate.
- India successfully test fired which supersonic cruise missile with a Strike Range of over 400 Kilometers (September 2020)?
Answer- 3) BrahMos
India successfully test fired the surface-to-surface Supersonic Cruise Missile BrahMos with a Strike Range of over 400 Kilometers from Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur, Odisha. It was jointly conducted by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) & BrahMos Aerospace. The Test-firing was carried under the PJ-10 Project of DRDO. It will pay the way for serial production of indigenous components of powerful weapon systems to realise the aim of Atmanirbhar Bharat (self-reliance).
- Name the wicket keeper who has contributed for the most number of dismissals in T20 Internationals?
1) Rishab Pant
2) MS Dhoni
3) Sushma Verma
4) Alyssa Healy
5) None of the Above
Answer- 4) Alyssa Healy
Australian woman cricketer and wicket keeper Alyssa Healy broke the record of “Most Dismissal by Wicket Keeper” by MS Dhoni’s who made 91 dismissals in 98 T20 Internationals(T20Is) for India. Healy has played 114 T20Is for Australia and broke the record with 92 dismissals in the shortest format of the game during the match against New Zealand in the 2nd T20I of the three match series at Allan Border Field at Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
- International Translation Day (ITD) was observed annually on September 30. What is the theme for ITD 2020?
1) “Translation and Interpreting: Connecting worlds”
2) “Translation and Indigenous Languages”
3) “Translation: Promoting Cultural Heritage in Changing Times”
4) “Finding the words for a world in crisis”
5) “Making Sense: Language and Translation blog”
Answer- 4) “Finding the words for a world in crisis”
United Nations(UN’s) International Translation Day(ITD) is annually celebrated across the globe on 30th September to recognize the contributions of the language professionals towards the developing and strengthening world peace and security and in connecting the nations and facilitating dialogue. The UN’s first International Translation Day was celebrated on 30th September 2018. International Federation of Translators (Fédération Internationale des Traducteurs – FIT) observes the ITD 2020 with the theme “Finding the words for a world in crisis”. Background: The International Federation of Translators (Fédération Internationale des Traducteurs – FIT) established the idea of the International Translation day in 1991.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- What does the ‘S’ in NSFR denotes?
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) deferred implementation of provisions made under Basel III capital due to uncertainty related to Covid crisis. In this regard, RBI will repel the final tranche of the capital conservation buffer (CCB) and the implementation of net stable funding ratio (NSFR) by six months i.e. April 1, 2021.
- Dal Lake is located in which state/UT?
2) Jammu & Kashmir
4) Arunachal Pradesh
5) Himachal Pradesh
Answer- 2) Jammu & Kashmir
Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha stressed upon innovative and efficient measures for conservation and preservation of world-renowned Dal Lake, Wular Lake and other water bodies in the Union territory.
- Mhadei River originates in which state?
Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant will meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi on Wednesday to discuss the state’s dispute over Mahadayi river water sharing with Karnataka. Goa and Karnataka have had long disputes over water sharing issues of the Mhadei river. The Inter-State Water Dispute Tribunal has distributed water share between Goa, Maharashtra and Karnataka, but the three states have approached the Supreme Court (SC) against the award. Mahadayi or Mhadei, the west-flowing river, originates in Bhimgad Wildlife Sanctuary (Western Ghats), Belagavi district of Karnataka.
- Jabalpur Airport is located in which state?
1) West Bengal
3) Madhya Pradesh
Answer-3) Madhya Pradesh
The Jabalpur airport is getting upgraded and its new terminal is likely to be constructed and commissioned by March 2022, said the Airports Authority of India (AAI). The new terminal building equipped with world-class passenger facilities will have the capacity to handle 500 passengers during peak hours. The Madhya Pradesh government handed over 468.43 acres of land to the AAI in 2015 for these upgrade works. “The new terminal building is likely to be commissioned by March 2022”.
- Chandaka-Dampara Wildlife Sanctuary is located in which state?
3) Arunachal Pradesh
Chandaka-Dampara Wildlife Sanctuary in Odisha, which was closed since March 27 in view of the COVID-19 pandemic, will reopen its gates for the public from October 2, as per HS Mohanty, Assistant Conservator of Forest.