AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 1 November 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs November 2023 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- Which of the following points is/are “correct” with respect to the 16th Urban Mobility India (UMI) Conference & Exhibition 2023 held in October 2023?
A) The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs organised 16th UMI Conference & Exhibition 2023 in collaboration with the Institute of Urban Transport (India) and with the support of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.
B) Aishree Boruah, IIT Hyderabad (Telangana) won the 1st prize under the Trophy for best research paper category.
C) Kochi Smart City Limited receives award for Best Public Transport System for Multimodal Transport System project
1) Only A
2) Only A & B
3) Only B & C
4) Only A & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-2) Only A & B
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs organized 16th Urban Mobility India (UMI) Conference & Exhibition 2023 in collaboration with the Institute of Urban Transport (India) and with the support of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. The event took place from October 27th to 29th, 2023, at the Manekshaw Centre, Parade Road, Delhi Cantt, New Delhi, Delhi.
Aishree Boruah, IIT Hyderabad (Telangana) won the 1st prize under the Trophy for best research paper category.
Srinagar Smart City Limited receives award for Best Public Transport System for Srinagar’s Multimodal Transport System project
Jabalpur City Transport Services Limited won the City with the Most Innovative Financing Mechanism for Financial Mechanism award for Sustainable City Bus Services project.
- Which organisation has recently (in Oct ‘23) released its first data dashboard with key finding that around 30.51 million hectares (Ha) of healthy land in India that were degraded from 2015 to 2019?
1) United Nations Environment Programme
2) United Nations Human Settlement Programme
3) United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification
4) United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
5) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural OrganizationAnswer- 3) United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification
According to the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD)’s first data dashboard, around 30.51 million hectares (Ha) of healthy land in India were degraded from 2015 to 2019.
Around 9.45% of India’s landmass was degraded as of 2019. This was 4.42% in 2015.
India’s total degraded land is equivalent to the size of 43 million football pitches.
According to the UNCCD Data, Between 2015 & 2019, the world lost at least 100 million ha of healthy and productive land every year.
i. The data also reflected that 251.71 million Indians, 18.39% of the Indian population, faced land degradation during 2015-2019.
ii. While 854.4 million Indians, 83.85% of the Indian population, were exposed to drought during the 2015-2018 period. This is the sum of the reported area under all drought intensity classes – mild, moderate, severe and extreme.
iii. The UNCCD’s dashboard, released on 25th October 2023, compiles national reporting figures from 126 countries, which shows that land degradation is advancing at an astonishing rate across all regions.
- Who has been recently (in Oct ‘23) honoured with the 2023 Global Leadership Award for Philanthropy and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) by the US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF)?
1) Cyrus Poonawalla
2) Gautam Adani
3) Shiv Nadar
4) Radhakishan Damani
5) Nita AmbaniAnswer-5) Nita Ambani
The US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF) honoured Nita Ambani, founder and Chairperson of Reliance Foundation, with the 2023 Global Leadership Award for Philanthropy and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
i. John Chambers, Chairman of USISPF, presented the award to Nita Ambani at the award ceremony held in New Delhi, Delhi.
ii. Reliance Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) established in 2010.
- In October 2023, Argentina’s Lionel Andrés Messi won the Ballon d’Or award or Golden Ball Award for the record ______ time and __________ won the Ballon d’Or (Women) award.
1) 7th; Ada Hegerberg (Norway)
2) 8th; Aitana Bonmatí Conca (spain)
3) 7th; Alexia Putellas (spain)
4) 9th; Ada Hegerberg (Norway)
5) 6th; Aitana Bonmatí Conca (spain)Answer-2) 8th; Aitana Bonmatí Conca (spain)
Argentina’s Lionel Andrés Messi (Lionel Messi), who plays as a forward for Inter Miami CF has won the Ballon d’Or award or Golden Ball Award for the record 8th time.
Messi is the first active player in Major League Soccer (MLS)(played in United States) history to win this award.
i. Spain’s Aitana Bonmatí Conca (Aitana Bonmati) has won the Ballon d’Or (Women) award or Ballon d’Or Féminin Award.
ii. The 67th edition of the Ballon d’Or 2023 was held on 30th October 2023 at the Théâtre du Châtelet, Paris, France.
The Ballon d’Or is annually presented by the French magazine ‘France Football’, since 1956.
It was awarded based on achievements from the past season.
This was the fifth edition of the Women’s Ballon d’Or since the first edition was held in 2018.
- Who has been recently (in Oct ‘23) appointed as a member of the Strategic and Technical Advisory Group (STAG) for Tuberculosis (TB) by the World Health Organization (WHO)?
1) Shilpa Singh
2) Runki Goswami
3) Sarang Deo
4) Ravinder Singh
5) Aman GuptaAnswer-3) Sarang Deo
Professor Sarang Deo, Professor of Operations Management at the Indian School of Business (ISB) has been appointed as a member of the Strategic and Technical Advisory Group (STAG) for Tuberculosis (TB) by the World Health Organization (WHO).
i. He will be a part of a 15-member expert group responsible for independently evaluating the WHO’s efforts in eradicating TB.
Note: The 15-member STAG-TB, chaired by Ethel Leonor Maciel from the Brazilian health ministry, includes other experts like Dr. Anurag Bhargava, Prof of Medicine from Yenepoya Medical College, Karnataka.
- Name the personality who has recently (in Oct ‘23) appointed as the Brand Ambassador of Henry Harvin Education (HHE).
1) Salman Rushdie
2) Kiran Desai
3) Ruskin Bond
4) Chetan Bhagat
5) Aravind AdigaAnswer-4) Chetan Bhagat
Renowned Indian Author and columnist Chetan Bhagat was appointed as the Brand Ambassador of Henry Harvin Education (HHE), a Global Edtech company based out of the United States of America and India.
i. HHE is an online platform providing 800+ programmes for upskilling and reskilling that serves as a career and competency development organisation.
ii. HHE provides training & advisory services to corporates and colleges across the world.
iii. Noted Works of Chetan Bhagat: Five Point Someone (2004), The 3 Mistakes of My Life (2008), 2 States (2009) and What Young India Wants(2012).
- In October 2023, Fincare Small Finance Bank (SFB) merged with __________ (SFB) in an All-share Deal under Section 44A of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
1) Suryoday SFB
2) AU SFB
3) Equitas SFB
4) Capital SFB
5) Utkarsh SFBAnswer-2) AU SFB
The board of AU Small Finance Bank (SFB) Limited and Fincare Small Finance Bank (SFB) Limited has approved an all-stock merger of AU SFB and Fincare SFB under Section 44A of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949. .
AU SFB will acquire Fincare SFB in an all-stock transaction valued at Rs 4,411 crore.
This merger aims to expand the AU SFB’s reach in sourthern part of India and enter micro-finance sector.
i. The merger is subject to approval by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and the Competition Commission of India (CCI).
ii. The amalgamation will come into effect from 1st February, 2024 or such other date as may be fixed mutually by the Transfer or Company and the Transferee Company and sanctioned by the RBI.
- Which country has recently (in Oct ‘23) approved the world’s first passenger-carrying flying taxi “Ehang’s EH216-S”?
3) United States of America
5) ChinaAnswer-5) China
Chinese drone startup EHang received the type certificate for Ehang 216-S (EH216-S), its electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft, from the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC), the Chinese civil aviation authority under the Ministry of Transport.
With this, EH216-S becomes the 1st eVTOL vehicle in the world to be cleared for commercial use.
i. The EH216-S air taxis are electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft capable of carrying two people or 600 pounds of cargo.
ii. They are propelled by 16 electric rotors and can fly at speeds of up to 80 miles per hour (mph) and a distance of up to 18 miles.
- Who has recently (in Oct ‘23) won the Formula 1 (F1)Mexico City Grand Prix 2023?
1) Sergio Pérez
2) Fernando Alonso
3) Charles Leclerc
4) Lewis Hamilton
5) Max VerstappenAnswer-5) Max Verstappen
Max Verstappen, the Belgian-Dutch driver of Red Bull won the Formula 1 (F1)Mexico City Grand Prix held at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez circuit in Mexico City, Mexico from 27th to 29th October 2023.
This marks Verstappen’s third consecutive win at the Mexico City GP including his win in 2021,2022 and 2023.
i. Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton (United Kingdom-UK) secured second place while Ferrari driver Charles Leclerc(Monaco) secured third place in the Mexico City GP.
ii. Max Verstappen leads the F1 World Championship in 2023 with 491 points in the F1 driver standings.
- When was the National Unity Day or Rashtriya Ekta Diwas 2023 observed across the globe to commemorate the 148th birth anniversary of “Iron Man of India,” Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel?
1) 29th October 2023
2) 31st October 2023
3) 28th October 2023
4) 30th October 2023
5) 27th October 2023Answer-2) 31st October 2023
National Unity Day or Rashtriya Ekta Diwas is annually observed across India on 31 October to commemorate the birth anniversary of the “Iron Man of India,” Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel (31 October 1875), who was dubbed “Sardar” (chief) for his leadership skills.
He was the first Deputy Prime Minister(Dy PM) and Home Minister of Independent India from 1947 to 1950.
31st October 2023 marks the 148th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
The first National Unity Day was observed on 31 October 2014.
i. As part of Prasar Bharati’s celebrations marking the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel on 31st October 2023.
ii. In 2023, Sardar Patel Memorial Lecture organised by Akashvani was delivered by Former President Ram Nath Kovind.