AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 1 May 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In April 2021, Chairperson of FSSAI virtually inaugurated the 5th Session of Codex Committee on Spices and Culinary Herbs (CCSCH).
Identify the points that are correctly related to CCSCH:
A) Singapore is the host country of CCSCH
B) CCSCH recommended quality standards for 4 spices; cloves, oregano, basil, & ginger
C) CCSCH is a committee under Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC), an organisation set-up by UN FAO & WHO
1) All A, B & C
2) Only C
3) Only B & C
4) Only A & C
5) Only A & BAnswer-3) Only B & C
The 5th Session of Codex Committee on Spices and Culinary Herbs (CCSCH) was held virtually from April 20-29, 2021. It was inaugurated by Rita Teaotia, Chairperson of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
i.Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC) was set up in 1963 by the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) & WHO for protecting the health of consumers and ensuring fair practices in food trade.
ii.CCSCH is the youngest of CAC.
iii.India is the host country of CCSCH & Spice Board of India is responsible for organising sessions.
iv.CCSCH recommended quality standards for 4 spices; cloves, oregano, basil, & ginger.
- What is the maximum assured sum payable under the EPFO’s Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance (EDLI) Scheme?
1) Rs 2.5 lakh
2) Rs 7 lakh
3) Rs 5 lakh
4) Rs 6 lakh
5) Rs 4.5 lakhAnswer- 2) Rs 7 lakh
Ministry of Labour & Employment implemented the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) board’s decision to increase the maximum sum assured payable under the Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance(EDLI) Scheme to Rs 7 lakh from Rs 6 lakh and approved the extension of minimum assurance benefit of Rs 2.5 lakh payable to family members of deceased employees who die while in service.
- ‘Global EV Outlook 2021’ reports Indian Electric Vehicles (EV) sales will be 30% of the total vehicles sales by 2030.
Identify the points that are correctly related to the report & Indian EV targets:
A) ‘Global EV Outlook 2021’ is an annual report released by International Energy Agency (IEA)
B) In 2020, China became the World’s Largest EV market
C) India launched FAME scheme in 2015 under the National Highways Authority of India to boost EV manufacturing
1) All A, B & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only C
4) Only A & C
5) Only AAnswer-5) Only A
‘Global EV Outlook 2021’ – the recently released Annual Report of International Energy Agency (IEA) has stated that the sale of Electric Vehicles (EVs) will be more than 30% in new vehicle sales in India by 2030.
i.In 2020, Europe emerged as the World’s Largest EV market for the 1st time, overtaking China.
ii.The FAME Scheme was introduced by India in 2015 & implemented by the Department of Heavy Industry, Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises.
iii.India outlays Rs. 10,000 crores for FAME II (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid) and Electric Vehicles) scheme to achieve its targets by 2022
- In April 2021, Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad participated in the G-7 Digital and Technology Ministerial Meeting which was held virtually. What is the theme of the meeting?
1) Realizing Opportunities of the 21st Century For All
2) Preparing for pandemics
3) Combating Inequality
4) Global Stability, Shared Security and Innovative Growth
5) Building Back BetterAnswer-5) Building Back Better
Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Minister of Electronics & Information Technology represented India at the G-7 Digital and Technology Ministerial Meeting (Group of 7), which was held virtually on April 28, 2021. India attended the event as a Guest.
Theme of the meeting – ‘Building Back Better’.
G-7 was formed in 1975 with the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Canada, and Japan. European Union (EU) is a permanent invitee to the meetings of G7.
- Which of the following Central Banks recently (in Apr’21) became a member of Central Banks and Supervisors’ Network for Greening the Financial System (NGFS)?
1) European Central Bank
2) Reserve Bank of India
3) State Bank of Pakistan
4) People’s Bank of China
5) Central Bank of BangladeshAnswer-2) Reserve Bank of India
RBI joined as a member of Central Banks and Supervisors’ Network for Greening the Financial System (NGFS).
It is a group of central banks that shares best practices & experiences for the development of environment and climate risk management in the financial sector.
Establishment – December 2017
Headquarters – Paris, France
Members – 90 members & 13 observers
- Which bank recently (in Apr’21) partnered with Decentro Tech, an API banking platform to offer customized business banking APIs to its customers?
1) ICICI Bank
3) Axis Bank
4) Federal Bank
5) HDFC BankAnswer- 1) ICICI Bank
ICICI Bank and Decentro Tech Private Ltd, a full-stack Application Programming Interfaces (API) banking platform, made a partnership to offer customized business banking APIs to fintechs, startups, and corporates and e-commerce companies.
- In April 2021, RBI increased the account balance limit of Payment banks from ₹ 1 lakh to ₹ 2 lakh. Which was the 1st payment bank to implement the policy?
1) Paytm Payments Bank
2) Fino Payments Bank
3) India Post Payments Bank
4) Airtel Payments Bank
5) Jio Payments BankAnswer-4) Airtel Payments Bank
As per RBI guidelines, Airtel Payments Bank has increased the day-end account balance limit for customers from ₹ 1 lakh to ₹ 2 lakh and become the first payments bank in the country to do so.
- Which organisation launched the 1st of its kind initiative ‘Restore Fund’ worth $200 million to remove carbon from the Atmosphere?
5) FacebookAnswer-1) Apple
Apple in partnership with Conservation International and Goldman Sachs launched a first-of-its-kind carbon removal initiative called the Restore Fund of $200 million, to make investments in timber-producing forest properties to remove carbon from the atmosphere and in turn generating a financial return for investors.
- Who recently (in Apr’21) became the Chairman of Bajaj Auto?
1) Sanjiv Bajaj
2) Rishab Bajaj
3) Jamnalal Bajaj
4) Sunaina Kejriwal
5) Niraj BajajAnswer-5) Niraj Bajaj
Bajaj Auto has named Niraj Bajaj, the non-executive Director of Bajaj Auto as its new chairman. He will succeed Rahul Bajaj with effect from 1st May 2021.
The company has also named Rahul Bajaj as Chairman Emeritus for a period of 5 years with effect from 1st May 2021.
- ICAR-New Delhi developed a high yielding, pest resistant variety of _______ named MACS 1407.
5) JowarAnswer-4) Soyabean
High-yielding and pest-resistant variety of soybean named MACS 1407 has been developed by Indian Scientists by the method of conventional cross breeding. It was developed in ICAR, New Delhi
Soyabean is a crop grown in the Kharif Season (June to October).
Soyabean are grown in Loamy Soil with 60-65 cm annual rainfall