AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 1 May 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- The central government has brought Cauvery management authority under Jal shakti ministry recently. Who is the Union Jal shakti minister?
1) Nitin Gadkari
2) Smriti Irani
3) Mansukh L. Mandaviya
4) Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
5) Raj Nath SinghAnswer-4) Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
The central government has brought the Cauvery Water Management Authority(CWMA) under the Jal Shakti Ministry, which was earlier under the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation.Union Minister of Jal Shakti– Gajendra Singh Shekhawat (Constituency- Jodhpur).
- The task force on National Infrastructure Pipeline (NIP), projects total infrastructure investment of Rs 111 lakh crore during a 5-year span of FY 2019-20 to FY 2024-25. Name the person who heads the task force.
1) Arun Goel
2) Rajiv Kumar
3) Atanu Chakraborty
4) Ajay Kumar
5) Subash ChandraAnswer-3) Atanu Chakraborty
The task force on National Infra Pipeline (NIP) chaired by economic affairs secretary Atanu Chakraborty submitted its Final Report on NIP for FY 2019-25 to Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, projecting total infrastructure investment of Rs 111 lakh crore during a 5-year span of FY 2019-20 to FY 2024-25.
- Name the Indian state/UT which has signed with Tata technologies to build 2 Centres for Invention, Innovation, Incubation and Training (CIIITs).
1) Jammu & Kashmir
5) LadakhAnswer-1) Jammu & Kashmir
In a bid to promote skill development, the Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) administration has signed an MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with Tata Technologies limited to set up 2 Centres for Invention, Innovation, Incubation and Training (CIIITs) in the Union Territory(UT), one each at Government Polytechnic Colleges at Jammu and Baramulla.
- Name the Indian state which has launched telemedicine facility at North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS).
5) NagalandAnswer-2) Meghalaya
Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma on Wednesday inaugurated the telemedicine facility at the North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS) here.
- What is the additional grant ($2.9Mn earlier) announced by United States Agency of International Development(USAID) to India to fight covid-19 pandemic.
1) USD 5 million
2) USD 3 million
3) USD 1 million
4) USD 2 million
5) USD 10 millionAnswer-2) USD 3 million
The United States Agency of International Development(USAID), one of the leading aid-agency of the government of United States has announced an additional grant of 3 million USD in addition to the 2.9 million USD announced on 6th April 2020 to help India to fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) in its Annual Report 2020 has downgraded the Indian ranking by naming it into the list of “Country of Particular Concern (CPC), Where is USCIRF HQ located?
1) San Francisco
4) New York
5) Washington DCAnswer-5) Washington DC
The U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) in its Annual Report 2020 has downgraded the Indian ranking by naming it into the list of “Country of Particular Concern (CPC)”i.e. Tier 1 from“Special Watch List i.e.“Tier-2” in 2019 report. This is the first time since 2004 that India has been placed in this category for engaging in and tolerating systematic, and ongoing religious freedom violations, as defined by the International Religious Freedom Act (IRFA), 1998.Headquarters– Washington, D.C., United States.
- What is the number of people (approx) displaced in India in the year 2019 as per Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC), titled ‘The Global Report on Internal Displacement (GRID 2020)?
1) 5 millon
2) 10 million
3) 15 million
4) 25 million
5) 20 millionAnswer-1) 5 millon
According to a recent report from the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre(IDMC), titled ‘The Global Report on Internal Displacement(GRID 2020)’, nearly 5 million(mn) people were displaced in India in 2019, the highest in the world so far.
- Name the Bank which has launched ‘Vikas Abhaya’ scheme to provide relief to MSME borrowers.
1) Assam Gramin Vikash Bank
2) Jharkhand Gramin Bank
3) Kerala Gramin Bank
4) Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank
5) Karnataka Vikas Grameena BankAnswer-5) Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank(KVGB), a regional rural bank’s chairman P Gopi Krishna has launched ‘Vikas Abhaya’ a loan scheme to provide some relief to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise(MSME) borrowers whose business activities are disrupted on account of the COVID-19 pandemic in Dharwad.
- Name the person who has been appointed as the Ambassador/Permanent Representative of India to Indian United Nations.
1) Jaideep Mazumdar
2) T S Tirumurti
3) Piyush Srivastava
4) Syed Akbaruddin
5) Deepak MittalAnswer-2) T S Tirumurti
T S Tirumurti an Indian Foreign Service officer of 1985 currently serving as the Secretary, Economic Relations in the Ministry of External Affairs was appointed as the permanent representative of India to the United Nations(UN) at New York, succeeding Syed Akbaruddin following his retirement.
- Which country has conferred Manipuri doctor, Thangjam Dhabali Singh with “Order of Rising Sun- Gold and Silver Rays”?
2) South Korea
5) ThailandAnswer-4) Japan
Thangjam Dhabali Singh, Manipuri allopathic doctor, was conferred with “Order of Rising Sun- Gold and Silver Rays” by the Japan government for promoting a better understanding of Japan in India and deepening ties between 2 countries.
- Name the Indian state which topped the list of provide maximum employment under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) as per data of Rural development ministry.
3) Uttar Pradesh
4) West Bengal
5) MaharashtraAnswer-1) Chhattisgarh
According to data of Rural Development ministry, Chhattisgarh is 1st in the state to provide employment to over 18(18.51) lakh unskilled labourers, followed by Rajasthan (2nd) to 10.79 lakh workers & Uttar Pradesh(3rd) to around 9.06 lakh workers under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) as per data of Rural development ministry.
Position secured State Name No of employment provided (in lakhs) 1 Chhattisgarh 18.51 2 Rajasthan 10.79 3 Uttar Pradesh 9.06 4 West Bengal 7.29 5 Madhya Pradesh 7.24
- Indian has installed 7.3GW solar power in 2019 as per Mercom India Research’s ‘India Solar Market Leaderboard 2020’ report. What is the India’s rank in largest solar market among the world?
5) 3Answer-5) 3
According to Mercom India Research’s ‘India Solar Market Leaderboard 2020’ report, India has installed 7.3 Giga Watt (GW) of solar power in Calendar Year(CY) 2019 which consolidates its position as the 3rd largest solar market in the world.
- India ranked 53rd in budget transparency and accountability as per 7th edition of ‘Open Budget Survey 2019’ conducted by International Budget Partnership (IBP). Name the country which topped the list.
3) New Zealand
5) South AfricaAnswer-3) New Zealand
According to the 7th edition of ‘Open Budget Survey 2019’ conducted by International Budget Partnership (IBP), India has been ranked at 53rd position among 117 nations in terms of budget transparency and accountability with the score of 49 out of 100. While at the same time New Zealand has been topped the list with a score of 87. The global average transparency score on this survey was 45.
Rank Country Name Score (Out of 100) 1 New Zealand 87 2 South Africa 87 53rd India 49 117 Yemen 0
- Singapore based Manulife Investment Management (Singapore) Pvt Ltd has acquired 49% stake in which among the following?
1) Reliance Nippon Life Asset Management Limited
2) Mahindra Asset Management Company
3) HDFC Asset Management Company Limited
4) Aditya Birla Sun Life Asset Management Company Limited
5) SBI Funds Management Private LimitedAnswer-2) Mahindra Asset Management Company
The Singapore arm of Manulife, Manulife Investment Management (Singapore) Pvt Ltd has acquired 49% stake in Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services’ (Mahindra Finance) wholly-owned subsidiary Mahindra Asset Management Company (AMC).
- Name the company which increases its stake to 26.31% in US-based tech company SkyTran Inc.
1) Reliance Strategic Business Ventures Limited
2) Arogya Strategic Business Ventures Limited
3) Bharti-AXA General Insurance Co Ltd
4) Hindustan Strategic Business Ventures Limited
5) Adani Strategic Business Ventures LimitedAnswer-1) Reliance Strategic Business Ventures Limited
Reliance Strategic Business Ventures Limited(RSBVL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries Limited(RIL), has increased its stake to 26.31% on a fully diluted basis in US-based SkyTran Incorporated(Inc), a venture-funded technology company which develops modern transport modes including personal rapid transit system.
- Name the 1st company to get nod from Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) to conduct clinical trials of Favipiravir antiviral tablets on mild to moderate COVID-19 patients.
1) Cipla Limited
2) Sun Pharmaceutical
3) Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
4) Lupin Pharma
5) Cadila Healthcare LimitedAnswer-3) Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals became the first pharma company in India to receive approval from Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) to conduct clinical trials of Favipiravir antiviral tablets on mild to moderate COVID-19 patients.
- How many names of upcoming tropical cyclones (over the north Indian Ocean including the Bay of Bengal and the Arabian Sea) was released by India Meteorological Department (IMD).
5) 196Answer-4) 169
India Meteorological Department (IMD), an agency of the Ministry of Earth Sciences of the Government of India (GoI), has released a detailed list containing 169 names of upcoming tropical cyclones that are likely to occur over the north Indian Ocean (NIO) including the Bay of Bengal (BoB) and the Arabian Sea (AS). 13 member countries gave 13 names each.
- What is the name of robot which was developed by CSIR-CMERI to help the frontline healthcare workers in maintaining physical distance from covid-19 infected people.
5) ROSSAnswer-1) HCARD
The robotic device HCARD (Hospital Care Assistive Robotic Device) helps the frontline healthcare workers in maintaining physical distance from those infected by Coronavirus (COVID-19). The device was developed by CSIR- Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CMERI), Durgapur, West Bengal.
- Name the organisation/Association which has launched #WeWillWin campaign for healthcare workers.
1) Fédération Internationale de Football Association(FIFA)
2) International Boxing Association (AIBA)
3) Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)
4) Badminton World Federation (BWF)
5) International World Games Association (IWGA)Answer-1) Fédération Internationale de Football Association(FIFA)
Fédération Internationale de Football Association(FIFA), Switzerland based international governing body, has launched a campaign called “#WeWillWin”, a special video to pay tribute to health workers and other professionals who ensure the society continues to function among COVID-19 panademic. Former India football captain Bhaichung Bhutia who is also featured among 50 past and present football stars.
- Name the person who authored the book named “The Room Where It Happened: A White House Memoir”.
1) Dana Vachon
2) Alice Walker
4) John Bolton
5) Ralph EllisonAnswer-4) John Bolton
A book titled “The Room Where It Happened: A White House Memoir” authored by John Bolton. The date of the book release has been pushed back from May 12, 2020 to June 23, 2020, on Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble bookseller company. The book was published by an American publishing company Simon & Schuster.
- Rishi Kapoor who passed away recently is _________.
2) Law Maker
5) SportsmanAnswer-1) Actor
Veteran Bollywood actor Rishi Raj Kapoor passed away at the age of 67 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, after a 2-year battle with leukaemia (blood cancer). He was born on September 4, 1952, in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Hema Bharali who passed away in April 2020 is _________.
2) Theatre Artist
3) Folk Dancer
4) Freedom Fighter
5) Classical SingerAnswer-4) Freedom Fighter
Freedom fighter and Padma Shri Gandhian Hema Bharali well known as Freedom Activist, social worker, Sarvodaya leader passed away on 29th April 2020, due to prolonged illness at her home in Guwahati, Assam at the age of 101. She was born in Assam on 19th February 1919.
- Rudratej Singh who passed away recently is the CEO of which company?
1) Suzuki India
2) BMW India
3) Honda Motors
4) TVS Motors
5) Mahindra IndiaAnswer-2) BMW India
BMW Group President and CEO Rudratej Singh passed away on Monday morning due to a massive cardiac arrest, news agency PTI reported quoting sources. The German auto major had appointed Singh as head of India operations with effect from August 1, 2019. Rudy, as he was popularly called, was the first Indian to head the BMW India operations.
- When was International Jazz Day celebrated annually?
1) 26th January
2) 28th February
3) 2nd May
4) 30th April
5) 31st MarchAnswer-4) 30th April
In 2011 November The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) designated the 30th April as the International Jazz Day and it is celebrated annually to promote jazz and its role in uniting people from all around the world.
- “Janaushadhi Sugam” a mobile application developed by the Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India (BPPI). BBPI is under which Indian department?
1) Department of Defence Research & Development
2) Department of Pharmaceuticals
3) Department of Telecommunications
4) Department of Food and Public Distribution
5) Department of Chemicals and PetrochemicalsAnswer-2) Department of Pharmaceuticals
More than 325000 users are benefited by the “Janaushadhi Sugam” a mobile application developed by the Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India(BPPI) under the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Government of India for the Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP).
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- What is the constituency of Union Jal shakti minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat?
1) Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
2) Morena, Madhya Pradesh
3) Nagpur, Maharashtra
4) Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
5) Jodhpur, RajasthanAnswer-5) Jodhpur, Rajasthan
Union Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat was elected from Jodhpur, Rajasthan constituency in 2019 elections.
- Guru Ghasidas (Sanjay) National Park is located at?
5) AssamAnswer-3) Chhattisgarh
The Guru Ghasidas (Sanjay) national park is located in Chhattisgarh.
- Who is the sponsor bank of Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB)?
1) Indian Overseas Bank
2) State Bank of India
3) Canara Bank
4) Punjab National Bank
5) Oriental Bank of CommerceAnswer-3) Canara Bank
The Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB), an Indian Regional Rural Bank Sponsored by Canara Bank. The bank provides retail banking services to rural users and has 633 branches in areas of Karnataka, around Dharwad.
- What is the capital and currency of Japan?
1) Tokyo & Yen
2) Beijing & Pound
3) Bangkok, Rufiyaa
4) Tokyo & Pound
5) Beijing & YenAnswer-1) Tokyo & Yen
The capital and currency of Japan are Tokyo and Japanese Yen respectively.
- Who is the MoS of External Affairs Ministry?
1) Shripad Yesso Naik
2) Santosh Kumar Gangwar
3) Prahlad Singh Patel
4) V. Muraleedharan
5) Hardeep Singh PuriAnswer-4) V. Muraleedharan
V. Muraleedharan is present Minister of state of External Affairs Ministry.