AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 1 March 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which country (in Feb’21) signed 4 MoUs with Nepal to reconstruct its 25 health posts at a cost of 530 mn Nepali Rupees?
5) IndiaAnswer-5) India
On February 26, 2021 India signed 4 MoU with Nepal to reconstruct 25 health post in Dhading district and Sindhupalchowk district of Nepal at a cost of Nepali Rupees(NRs) 530 mn. These health posts were damaged during the 2015 earthquake. The Central Building Research Institute (CBRI)-Roorkee, a premier institute of India in the field of earthquake-resilient reconstruction will provide technical assistance for the reconstruction. Govt of India has also gifted more than 823 ambulances to governmental, non-governmental/non-profit making organisations in Nepal since 1994.
- Who addressed on the inaugural session of the 16th Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) Higher Education Summit 2021?
1) Narendra Modi
2) Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
3) Piyush Goyal
4) Hardeep Singh Puri
5) Ram Nath KovindAnswer-2) Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
On 26th February 2021, Union Minister of Education, Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ addressed the inaugural session of the 16th Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) Higher Education Summit 2021. On the occasion he also released the FICCI EY Report titled “Higher Education in India: 2040”. The theme of the summit is ‘‘Higher Education @ 2030: R.I.S.E. – Resilience. Innovation. Sustainability. Enterprise.’
- Which Payment bank recently (in Feb’21) got the status of Scheduled Commercial bank, after getting included in the 2nd schedule under the RBI Act, 1934?
1) NSDL Payments Bank
2) Fino Payments Bank
3) Paytm Payments Bank
4) India Post Payments Bank
5) Airtel Payments BankAnswer-2) Fino Payments Bank
On February 22, 2021 Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced that Fino Payments Bank Limited has been included in the Second Schedule to the RBI Act, 1934. With this inclusion, Fino Payments bank gets the status of scheduled commercial bank. Now, Fino payment bank can improve its banking position in the treasury and participation in Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF) window.
The RBI introduced the LAF as a result of the Narasimham Committee on Banking Sector Reforms (1998).
- Which bank signed (in Feb’21) a corporate agency agreement (Bancassurance) with the SBI General Insurance to retail its insurance products to the bank’s customers?
1) Indian Overseas Bank
2) State Bank of India
3) Canara Bank
4) Bank of India
5) Union Bank of IndiaAnswer-1) Indian Overseas Bank
On 26th February 2021, the Indian Overseas Bank (IOB), a public sector bank signed a corporate agency agreement (Bancassurance) with the SBI General Insurance to retail its insurance products to the customers of the bank. Bancassurance is an agreement between a bank and an insurance company where the insurance company can use the distribution channels of the bank to sell its products.
- Which insurance provider, recently (in Feb’21) launched ‘Activ Health Policy’, India’s 1st policy to provide 100% premium returns?
1) Manipal Cigna Health Insurance Ltd
2) Star Health Insurance Co Ltd
3) Max Bupa Health Insurance Ltd
4) Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company Ltd
5) Care Health InsuranceAnswer-4) Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company Ltd
On 26th February 2021, the Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company Limited (ABHICL), has announced India’s 1st initiatives of upto 100% health insurance premium returns and other products with upgrades under the new version of its Flagship product ‘Activ Health Policy’. ‘Activ Health’ is Asia’s 1st plan to offer mental illness counselling coverage and Industries first to cover unlimited homeopathy telemedicine.
- In February 2021, Indian Fast bowler, Vinay Kumar retired from International Cricket. What is the Nickname of Vinay Kumar?
1) Bombay Duck
2) The Davanagere Express
3) The King of Swing
4) The Haryana Express
5) The Karachi ExpressAnswer-2) The Davanagere Express
Former Indian Cricketer & Fast Bowler Ranganath Vinay Kumar announced his retirement from First Class & International Cricket at the age of 37. He hails from Davanagere, Karnataka and is affectionately called as ‘The Davanagere Express’.
- Who authored the book, “Advantage India: The Story of Indian Tennis”?
1) Sania Mirza
2) Vijay Amritraj
3) Sushil Doshi
4) Kadambari Murali
5) Anindya DuttaAnswer-5) Anindya Dutta
Anindya Dutta, a banker turned author, penned a new book titled “Advantage India: The Story of Indian Tennis”, a chronicle of Indian Tennis. Advantage India is a well-researched account of the journey of Indian tennis, with a special section on the Doubles game and on women’s tennis in India.
Famous Books by Anindya Dutta:
“A Gentleman’s Game: Reflections on Cricket History Foreword by Kersi Meher-Homji”
“Spell-binding Spells: Cricket’s most magnificent bowling spells”
“The Greatest Year: The 1971 Tours of West Indies and England (2020)”
- In February 2021, DGCA gave approval to Kushinagar Airport to operate international flights. Where is Kushinagar Airport located?
2) Madhya Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) MaharashtraAnswer-4) Uttar Pradesh
Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) has given 4C license to Kushinagar Airport, Kushinagar district, Uttar Pradesh(UP) to operate international flights. With this, the airport has become the 3rd licensed International Airport of UP after Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport in Lucknow, and Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport in Varanasi. It is the 87th airport in India.
- Where is the headquarters of Ashok Leyland located?
1) Mumbai, Maharashtra
2) Noida, Uttar Pradesh
3) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
4) Mangalore, Karnataka
5) Ranchi, JharkhandAnswer-3) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Ashok Leyland is an Indian multinational automobile company headquartered in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- On ___________ 2021, National Protein Day was observed under the theme “Powering with Plant Protein”.
1) 28th February
2) 25th February
3) 23rd February
4) 27th February
5) 24th FebruaryAnswer-4) 27th February
The National Protein Day is annually observed across India on 27th February to create and raise awareness about the importance and health benefits of Protein. The theme of the National Protein Day 2021 is ‘Powering with Plant Protein’. According to the Indian Market Research Bureau, more than 80% Indians are protein deficient, indicating that protein deficiency is on the rise in India. The 1st National Protein Day in India was observed on 27th February 2020.