AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 1 July 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Union steel Minister Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated Asia’s first Continuous Galvanized Rebar Production Facility in which state/UT?
Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister of Steel & Petroleum and Natural Gas virtually inaugurated Asia’s first Continuous Galvanized Rebar (GGR) Production Facility near Gobind garh, Punjab launched by Madhav KRD Group in association with International Zinc Association with the support of Hindustan Zinc Limited.
- How many Chinese app were banned by MEITY under section 69A of the Information Technology Act, 2000?
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MEITY), invoking its power under section 69A of the Information Technology Act read with the relevant provisions of the Information Technology (Procedure and Safeguards for Blocking of Access of Information by Public) Rules 2009 has decided to ban 59 apps due to their activities which are prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, defence of India, security of state and public order.
- As per MSME ministry, what will be the new term which denotes “MSME” with effect from July 1, 2020?
Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Nitin Jairam Gadkari released the consolidated notification in the form of guidelines for classification and registration of MSMEs, which are facing several challenges due to the COVID-19 impact. The steps and strategies involved in this notification are extremely simple resulting in Ease of Doing Business. As per the notification, in exercising of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) read with sub-section (9) of section 7 and sub-section (2) read with sub-section (3) of section 8, of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Act, 2006, hereafter, MSME will be known as Udyam, and accordingly, the registration process will be known as Udyam Registration w.e.f July 1, 2020.
- Name the world’s largest convalescent plasma therapy-cum-trial project which was launched by Maharashtra government.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray launched world’s largest convalescent plasma therapy-cum-trial project, ‘Platina’ to treat COVID-19 patients, through video conference at Nagpur’s government medical college.
- Where does India’s 1st plasma bank was inaugurated for COVID-19 treatment?
5) New Delhi
Answer-5) New Delhi
Chief Minister of Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal launched India’s first Plasma Bank for the treatment of the patients tested positive for coronavirus.The Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences(ILBS) will house the plasma bank facility which will be available to government and private hospitals.
- Council of Ministers of which state has passed the MSME Ordinance in June 2020?
In a big boost to AatmaNirbhar Assam, Council of Ministers (CoM) of Assam has passed the MSME(micro, small and medium enterprises) Ordinance during the meeting held in presence of Chief Minister (CM) SarbanandaSonowal in Guwahati. The Ordinance gives provision to put an end to the process of taking multiple permissions for setting up MSME in the state for next 3 years.
- The government of Goa has allotted land to ____ MSME units to set up India’s first Marine Cluster.
The Government of Goa allotted land to a consortium of 49 Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises(MSME) units to set up India’s first Marine Cluster, Pramod Sawant, Chief Minister of Goa provided 14,380 square Metres of land to set up the Common Facility centre.
- Name the campaign which was launched by Madhya Pradesh government to control spread of COVID-19.
1) Run corona
2) Kill corona
3) Beat corona
4) GO corona
5) Go Covid
Answer-2) Kill corona
In order to control the spread of Covid-19, Madhya Pradesh has decided to launch a 15-day campaign called ‘Kill Corona’ from July 1, 2020.This campaign includes door-to-door surveys and tests would also be done on citizens for other diseases.
- How many women were missing in India over the past 50 years as per report released by United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)?
1) 30.6 million
2) 25.7 million
3) 24.9 million
4) 45.8 million
5) 52.1 million
Answer-4) 45.8 million
According to the report, “State of World Population 2020: Against my will – Defying the practices that harm women and girls and undermine equality”, which focuses on gender biased sex selection (GBSS) and female genital mutilation (FGM), released by United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), India accounts for 45.8 million of the world’s 142.6 million “missing females” over the past 50 years & it has the highest number of missing women after China (72.3 million).
- Which ministry has launched centrally sponsored PM FME scheme named “Sapnoki Udaan” recently?
1) Ministry of Food Processing Industries
2) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
3) Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare
4) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
5) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Answer-1) Ministry of Food Processing Industries
Minister for Food Processing Industries (FPI) Harsimrat Kaur Badal launched Centrally Sponsored Prime Minister Formalisation of Micro food processing Enterprises (PM FME) scheme named “Sapnoki Udaan” to be implemented over a period of five years from 2020-21 to 2024-25. It was launched virtually from the village Badal, Bathinda in Punjab in the presence of Minister of State (MoS), FPI RameswarTeli.With an outlay of Rs 10,000 crore, this scheme for the unorganized food processing sector would generate total investment of Rs 35,000 crore and 9 lakh skilled and semi-skilled employment. Notably, all the processes of the Scheme would take place on the management information system (MIS).
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs organized an online event to mark the 5th Anniversary of which scheme/s recently?
1) Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana(Urban)
2) Smart Cities Mission
3) Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) All the 1), 2) and 3)
Answer-5) All the 1), 2) and 3)
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) organized an online event to mark the 5th Anniversary of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana(Urban) (PMAY-U), Smart Cities Mission (SCM) and Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT). The event addressed by Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of State for Housing and Urban Affairs(I/C) organized to celebrate the achievements and boost implementation of the urban missions.
- Which state government has launched “HamaraGhar-Hamara Vidyalaya” scheme to maintain academic regularity of the students?
1) Tamil Nadu
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) West Bengal
Answer-3) Madhya Pradesh
Principal Secretary of Madhya Pradesh Rashmi Arun Shami launched “HamaraGhar-Hamara Vidyalaya” over a virtual platform to maintain academic regularity of the students during the Lockdown due to COVID-19 pandemic. The scheme will start from 6th July 2020.
- How many fruits and vegetables were added to Operation Greens scheme recently?
The ministry also extended the operation greens from TOP (Tomato-Onion-Potato) crops to all perishable fruits and vegetables with an objective to protect the growers of fruits and vegetables from making distress sale due to lockdown and reduce post-harvest losses. The duration of the scheme will be for the period of six months from the date of notification on June 11, 2020. The benefit has been extended to additional 10 fruits (Mango, Banana, Guava, Kiwi, Lichi, Papaya, Citrus, Pineapple, Pomegranate, Jackfruit) and 8 vegetables (French beans, Bitter Gourd, Brinjal, Capsicum, Carrot, Cauliflower, Chillies (Green) and Okra) – 18 in total.
- The world bank and Government of India has signed agreement along with which state to increase access to affordable housing to low income group?
2) Tamil Nadu
4) Andhra Pradesh
Answer-2) Tamil Nadu
The World Bank and the government of India signed an agreement along with the Government of Tamil Nadu to help the low-income groups in the state of Tamil Nadu to get access to affordable housing. Agreements signed: – Legal agreements of two projects were signed to strengthen the state’s housing sector policies, institutions, and regulations. First Tamil Nadu Housing Sector Strengthening Programme worth $200 million (Rs 1,510 crore), Tamil Nadu Housing and Habitat Development Project worth $50 million (Rs 377 crore).
- Find the bank which has partnered with Swiggy to launch industry first instant digital wallet ‘Swiggy Money’?
1) HDFC Bank
2) RBL Bank
3) Axis Bank
4) IndusInd Bank
5) ICICI Bank
Answer-5) ICICI Bank
Swiggy has launched its own digital wallet, ‘Swiggy Money’ in partnership with ICICI Bank to enable a ‘single-click checkout experience’ on its platform. It is an industry- first instant digital wallet. The Swiggy Money is powered by ICICI Bank’s ‘insta wallet service’ which is built on a cloud platform with Application Programming Interface (API)integration.
- Tushar Mehta, Solicitor General of India got 3-year extension of service recently. Name the Attorney General of India who got 1-year extension of service?
1) K.M. Nataraj
2) Vikramjit Banerjee
3) Suryaprakash V. Raju
4) Mukul Rohatgi
5) K.K. Venugopal
Answer-5) K.K. Venugopal
The Appointments Committee of the Union Cabinet has approved the re-appointment of senior advocate K.K. Venugopal as Attorney General of India for a year, whose 3 year tenure ends on June 30, 2020 and senior advocate Tushar Mehta as Solicitor General for a period of three years. K.K. Venugopal succeeded Mukul Rohatgi on June 30, 2017. He is the 15th Attorney General of India.
- Gudni Johannesson has been re-elected as the president of which country?
Gudni Johannesson, president of Iceland was re-elected and won with above 92% of votes in the Presidential election. In 2016, Gudni became the youngest president of Iceland since Independence in 1944.
- Who has received the 1st Prof. P. C. Mahalanobis National Award in Official Statistics’2020?
1) Sangita Reddy
2) Arvind Pandey
3) Chakravarthi Rangarajan
4) BC Roy
5) Rao Inderjit Singh
Answer-3) Chakravarthi Rangarajan
On 29th June 2020, on account of National Statistics Day the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) presented the first Prof. P. C. Mahalanobis National Award in Official Statistics’2020 to Dr. Chakravarthi Rangarajan, Former Governor, Reserve Bank of India for his contribution to the National Statistical System (NSS).
- Who has won Prof. P.V. Sukhatme National Award in 2020?
1) Arvind Pandey
2) Akhilesh Chandra Kulshreshtha
3) Chakravarthi Rangarajan
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 1) and 3)
Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
For their contribution in the Statistics sector the Prof. P.V. Sukhatme National Award in Statistics 2020 is jointly presented to, Dr Arvind Pandey, former Director National Institute of Medical Statistics (NIMS), Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and Dr. Akhilesh Chandra Kulshreshtha, Ex-Addl. Director General, MoSPI, Government of India.
- Who has become the youngest umpire to enter into ICC’s elite panel?
1) Srinivas Venkatraghavan
2) Sundaram Ravi
3) Nitin Menon
4) Vineet Kulkarni
5) S K Bansal
Answer-3) Nitin Menon
Nitin Menon(36 years old) from India became the youngest member of the International Cricket Council’s(ICC) Elite Panel of Umpires. He replaces Nigel Llong(England) for the upcoming 2020-21 season. He becomes the 3rd Indian umpire to be included in the ICC’s after former captain Srinivas Venkatraghavan and Sundaram Ravi.
- Which team has won the 2020 Premier League Championship football tournament?
2) Manchester City
5) Aston Villa
Liverpool won its 19th top-flight title in the 28th edition of Premier League Championship 2020 football tournament after waiting for 30 years by defeating Manchester City by 2-1 at Stamford Bridge.
- When was UN’s International Day of Parliamentarism is observed annually?
1) June 28
2) July 2
3) July 1
4) June 30
5) June 29
Answer-4) June 30
United Nations(UN) International Day of Parliamentarism is observed annually on June 30 to celebrate parliaments. The day highlights the ways in which parliamentary systems of government improve the daily lives of people around the world. The year 2020 marks the 3rd edition of the day
- The International asteroid day was observed every year on ________.
1) 3rd July
2) 2nd July
3) 1st July
4) 30th June
5) 20th June
Answer-4) 30th June
United Nations International Asteroid Day is observed annually on 30th June of every year to create awareness about asteroids and the hazards of asteroid impacts and to organise events around the world to educate about the Near-Earth Objects (NEO) and Asteroids. The First International Asteroid Day was observed on 30th June 2017.
- Which ministry has developed the online portal for issue of No Objection Certificate (NOC) for power, oil and gas exploration project?
1) Health and family welfare ministry
2) Defence ministry
3) Chemicals and Fertilizers ministry
4) Skill Development and Entrepreneurship ministry
5) Power ministry
Answer-2) Defence Ministry
Defence minister Rajnath Singh launches an online Portal for issue of No Objection Certificate(NOC) for power projects and research, survey, exploration and Exploitation(RSEE) and activities in the Indian Territorial Waters (TW) and Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ), in the presence of Minister of State for Defence Shri Shripad Y Naik.The Ministry has developed the online application portal with the assistance of National e-Governance Division (NeGD), Bhaskaracharya Institute for Space Applications and Geo-informatics (BISAG) and National Informatics Centre (NIC), to ensure transparency in issuing NOC.
- Who has launched the NADA India App which provide information about banned substances to athletes?
1) Santosh Kumar Gangwar
3) Rao Inderjit Singh
4) Raj Kumar Singh
5) Shripad Yesso Naik
Answer-2) Kiren Rijiju
The first mobile app for the National Anti-Doping Agency ‘NADA India’ was released by Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju. The initiative is an important step towards dope free sports, providing updates about the banned substances and their use.
- Which ministry has launched web portal for street vendors loan scheme PMSVANidhi?
1) Ministry of Home Affairs
2) Ministry of Health and Family Affairs
3) Ministry of Social justice and Empowerment
4) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
5) Ministry of Panchayat Raj
Answer-4) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary of Housing & Urban Affairs has rolled out the Beta version webportal for street vendors loan scheme Pradhan Mantri Street Vendors’ AtmaNirbhar Nidhi –PMSVANidhi (http://pmsvanidhi.mohua.gov.in/) developed by SIDBI (Small Industries Development Bank of India) to provide end-to-end solutions for scheme management.
- Which state has launched the portal ‘Skill Connect Forum’ to connect job seekers and employers?
2) Tamil Nadu
4) Andhra Pradesh
Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa launched a portal, ‘Skill Connect Forum’ to connect job seekers(skilled workers) and employers(private entrepreneurs) on a common platform. The portal provides information on available jobs and those who need job.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- China signed $2.4 billion worth agreement with Pakistan for hydro power project on which river?
1) Jhelum river
2) Ravi river
3) Beas river
4) Chenab river
5) Sutlej river
Answer-1) Jhelum river
A tripartite agreement was signed between a Chinese company and the governments of Pakistan and China on Thursday for construction of a 1,124-megawatt hydropower project at Kohala on the Jhelum river at a cost of USD 2.4 billion.
- What is the constituency of Food Processing Industries minister, Harsimrat Kaur Badal?
2) Patna Sahib
About Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI): Harsimrat Kaur Badal constituency– Bathinda, Punjab.
- Where is the HQ of United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) located?
1) New York
Answer-1) New York
About United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA): Headquarters– New York,United States.
- What is the currency of Iceland?
The capital and currency of Iceland are Reykjavik & Icelandic Krona respectively.
- Nameri National Park is located in which state?
Nameri National Park is a national park in the foothills of the eastern Himalayas in the Sonitpur District of Assam, India.
- National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM) which is in news recently is located at _________.
1) Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
2) Sonipat, Haryana
3) Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
4) Patna, Bihar
5) Tanjore, Tamil Nadu
Answer-2) Sonipat, Haryana
National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM) in Sonipat, Haryana and Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology (IIFPT) in Tamil Nadu, two academic and research institutions under Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) along with State Level Technical Institutions would be supported by ministry for training of units, product development, appropriate packaging and machinery for micro units.