AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 1 December 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- In November 2021, Alternative Mechanism approved the acquisition of 100% Government stake in Central Electronics Ltd to ____________ for Rs 210 crore.
1) Deccan Finance & Leasing
2) Intrepid Finance & Leasing
3) Unique Finance & Leasing
4) Melker Finance & Leasing
5) Nandal Finance & Leasing
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Nandal Finance & Leasing
Alternative Mechanism approved the acquisition of 100% GOI stake of Central Electronics Ltd to Nandal Finance and Leasing Pvt. Ltd for worth of Rs 210 Crore.
• This is the second strategic stake sale by GoI after Air India.
- What are the points that are correct with respect to the 52nd International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2021 that was held at Goa in November 2021?
A) Saving One Who Is Dead movie won the Best film under Golden peacock award in IFFI 2021.
B) Jitendra Bhikulal Joshi (India) won the Best Actor & Angela Molina (Spain) won the Best Female Actor.
C) Hema Malini & Prasoon Joshi won the 2021 Indian Film Personality of the Year.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only B & C
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Only B & C
Ring Wandering won the Best film under golden peacock award in IFFI 2021.
• Jitendra Bhikulal Joshi won the Best Actor & Angela Molina won the Best Female Actor.
• Hema Malini, Member of Parliament, Uttar Pradesh & Prasoon Joshi, Chairperson of Central Board of Film Certification won 2021 Indian Film Personality of the Year.
- Which Ministry collaborated with UIDAI (in Nov’21) to invent the “Unique” face recognition technology for providing ‘Life Certificates’ for pensioners?
1) Ministry of Science and Technology
2) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
3) Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
4) Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
5) Ministry of Finance
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
The Union Minister of State for Personnel,Public Grievances and Pensions, Dr. Jitendra Singh launched a “Unique” face recognition technology for all pensioners in the country. It will work as a proof of ‘life certificate’ for pensioners.
• This face recognition technology has been invented by the National Informatics Center (NIC), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) in collaboration with the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
• The initiative to provide digital life certificates was launched by the Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare (DoPPW).
- Name the organization that approved a loan (in Nov’21) worth $125 million for water supply & sanitation projects in Uttarakhand.
1) World Bank
2) United Nations Development Programme
3) Asian Development Bank
4) International Monetary Fund
5) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Asian Development Bank
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) approved a loan of $125 million for water supply and sanitation projects in Uttarakhand.
• The funds will be utilised to improve access to quality water supply and sanitation services to the entire population of about 154,000 people.
• The project will introduce a supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) and geographic information system (GIS) to provide real-time data and information for monitoring.
- What are the points that are correct with respect to the Ballon d’Or Award?
A) Cristiano Ronaldo won the Ballon d’Or award for the 4th time & Alexia Putellas won the Women’s Ballon d’Or award.
B) Bayern Munich’s striker Robert Lewandowski won the Striker of the Year award 2021.
C) Ballon d’Or is an annual Football award presented by the French magazine ‘France Football’, since 1956.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only B & C
5) All A, B & C
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Only B & C
Lionel Messi won the Ballon d’Or award for the 7th time & Alexia Putellas won the Women’s Ballon d’Or award for the first time.
• Bayern Munich’s striker Robert Lewandowski won the Striker of the Year award 2021.
• Ballon d’Or is an annual Football award presented by the French magazine ‘France Football’, since 1956.
- Who was recently (in Nov’21) appointed as the new Chief Executive officer(CEO) of Twitter?
1) Parag Agrawal
2) Satyanarayana nadella
3) Ravi Chaudhary
4) Shantanu Narayen
5) Thomas Kurian
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Parag Agrawal
Indian American, Parag Agrawal appointed as the new Chief Executive officer(CEO) of Twitter & he also led to the resignation of Jack Dorsey, the co-founder of Twitter, from the post of CEO.
- Who became the 1st female Prime Minister of Sweden in November 2021?
1) Najla Bouden
2) Magdalena Andersson
3) Kaja Kallas
4) Natalia Gavrilița
5) Sanna Marin
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Magdalena Andersson
Magdalena Andersson became the 1st female Prime Minister (PM) of Sweden & won her 2nd election.
- Which Bank invested 9.5 % stake in Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) Limited to become its Promoter?
1) Indian Overseas Bank
2) State Bank of India
3) Canara Bank
4) Bank of Baroda
5) Punjab National Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Punjab National Bank
The Punjab National Bank (PNB) will become the promoter of Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) limited by investing over 9.5 % stake in the company.
• ONDC is yet to be incorporated by the Companies Act 2013.
- Name the new communications satellite that was launched by China (in Nov’21) for radio & television transmission services.
2) Himawari 8
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Zhongxing-1D
China launched a new communications satellite named Zhongxing-1D from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in Sichuan Province, China & Zhongxing-1D is also known as ChinaSat-1D.
• The satellite was launched by a Long March-3B carrier rocket & It was developed by the China Academy of Space Technology (CAST).
- In November 2021, Which State police launched the ‘Call your cop’ mobile App for its Citizens?
4) Uttar Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Nagaland
T John Longkumer, Director-General of Police (DGP) Nagaland, launched the Nagaland Police’s mobile app named ‘Call Your Cop’ at the Police headquarters (PHQ) in Kohima, Nagaland.
• The app was developed by the Police Headquarters CID branch in collaboration with Excellogics Tech Solutions Pvt Ltd, Nagaland.