AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 1 December 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
Our Current Affairs December 2020 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
Date-Wise Current Affairs December 2020 PDF(Content & Q&A) for Paid Users – Click Here to Know More
Questions Based on Current Affairs 1 December 2020
- What was the theme for the 3rd Global RE-INVEST Renewable Energy Investors Meet & Expo organised by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) virtually from November 26-28, 2020?
1) Innovations in Pandemic
2) Science & Technology
3) Innovations for Sustainable Energy Transition
4) Global Stability, Shared Security, and Innovative Growth
5) Cohesive and Responsive ASEANAnswer-3) Innovations for Sustainable Energy Transition
The 3rd Global RE-INVEST Renewable Energy Investors Meet & Expo organised by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) took place virtually from November 26-28, 2020. The Theme of RE-INVEST 2020 is ‘Innovations for Sustainable Energy Transition’.
Partner Countries – Australia, Denmark, France, Germany, Maldives, the United Kingdom, European Union and United States agencies.
Partner States – Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu.
The meet was organized by MNRE in association with Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited (IREDA) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- Government of India has allocated Rs 900 crore to Department of Biotechnology (DBT) for research and development of COVID-19 vaccines under ______________.
1) Mission Samudra Setu
2) Mission COVID Suraksha
3) National Health Mission
4) Mission Innovation
5) ATAL MissionAnswer-2) Mission COVID Suraksha
Government of India has allocated Rs.900 crore to Department of Biotechnology (DBT) for research and development of COVID-19 vaccines under Mission COVID Suraksha. This is the third stimulus package, already a stimulus of Rs.900 crore for a period of 12 months has been allocated for phase 1 trials.
- Who publishes the flagship report titled “The State of Food and Agriculture (SOFA) 2020″ Overcoming Water Challenges in Agriculture as its Theme?
1) World Food Programme
2) United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
3) Food Corporation of India (FCI)
4) Chicago Council on Global Affairs
5) Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)Answer-5) Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) has published a flagship report titled “The State of Food and Agriculture (SOFA) 2020″, Overcoming Water Challenges in Agriculture as its theme”.
The report states that around 1.2 billion people across the globe are under high levels of water stress, which means that one out of every 6 people in the world are facing a severe water stress or scarcity in agriculture with more than 15% of the rural population at risk. Around 50% of the 1.2 billion people lived in South Asia and 460 million people lived in east and southeast asia.
- Which State Government signed a MoU with International Digital Health & Artificial Intelligence Research Collaborative (I-DAIR) in Geneva, Switzerland to develop and deploy digital technologies in the health sector?
3) Himachal Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) UttarakhandAnswer-2) Punjab
Punjab Government has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with International Digital Health & Artificial Intelligence Research Collaborative (I-DAIR) hosted at the Graduate Institute of International & Development Studies in Geneva, Switzerland to develop and deploy digital technologies in the health sector. Punjab is the 1st govt partner of I-DAIR to develop models of people-centric digital infrastructures for health.
- Which Body released the report ‘The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Trade and Development: Transitioning to a New Normal’?
1) International Trade Centre
2) World Trade Organization (WTO)
3) United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
4) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
5) Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)Answer-3) United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) released a report titled ‘The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Trade and Development: Transitioning to a New Normal’. The report states that a viable novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccine will not halt the spread of economic damage. The economic setback will be experienced for a long time especially by the poorest and most vulnerable countries.
- Which word is named as the Word of the Year 2020 as per the most searched words on the Cambridge Dictionary in 2020?
5) None of the aboveAnswer-4) Quarantine
The Cambridge Dictionary has named “Quarantine” as the Word of the Year 2020 based on its data which showed that the word ‘quarantine’ is one of the most searched words on the Cambridge Dictionary in 2020.
- China is going to construct the first downstream dam on the lower reaches of the river marking a new phase in China’s hydropower exploitation of the river with potential ramifications for India?
5) SalweenAnswer-3) Brahmaputra
A Chinese hydropower company to construct the first downstream dam on the lower reaches of the Brahmaputra River, or Yarlung Zangbo as it is known in Tibet, marking a new phase in China’s hydropower exploitation of the river with potential ramifications for India. State-owned Hydropower Company POWERCHINA had last month signed “a strategic cooperation agreement” with the Tibet Autonomous Region (TAR) government to “implement hydropower exploitation in the downstream of the Yarlung Zangbo River” as part of the new Five-Year Plan (2021-2025).
- External Affairs Minister (EAM) of India Dr Subrahmanyam Jaishankar undertook a visit to which Country/Countries from November 24-29, 2020?
2) United Arab Emirates (UAE)
3) Republic of Seychelles
4) Only 2 & 3
5) All 1, 2 & 3Answer-5) All 1, 2 & 3
External Affairs Minister (EAM) of India Dr Subrahmanyam Jaishankar undertook a visit to Bahrain, United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Republic of Seychelles from November 24-29, 2020. During the visit, he held meetings with Foreign Affairs Ministers & the top leadership of these countries.
- Which Country has the most FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) equity inflows in India during April-September 2020 according to DPIIT (Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade)?
1) USA (United States of America)
5) FranceAnswer-2) Singapore
The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade( DPIIT)’s in its Foreign Direct Investment(FDI) data, has listed out the top investing countries FDI(Foreign Direct Investment) equity inflows in India during April-September 2020. Singapore has invested Rs 62,084 crore(USD 8.30 billion) into India, which makes it the biggest source of FDI into India. The USA (United States of America) becomes the second biggest source of FDI into India by investing Rs 53,266 crore(USD 7.12 billion) . USA overtakes Mauritius which was in the 2nd rank during the 1st half of the current financial year.
- Who has been appointed as the Ambassador for the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) Breakthrough initiative in India 2020-21?
1) Rohit Sharma
2) Ayushman Khurana
3) Arijit Singh
4) AR Rahman
5) Shah Rukh KhanAnswer-4) AR Rahman
Music Composer AR Rahman was appointed as the Ambassador for the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) Breakthrough India 2020-21. This initiative is supported by Netflix.
- Name the NSA who participated from India in the 4th NSA Level Meeting on Trilateral Maritime Security Cooperation between India, Sri Lanka, and the Maldives hosted by Sri Lanka?
1) Rajnath Singh
2) Narendra Modi
3) S Jaishankar
4) Ajit Doval
5) Ajay KumarAnswer-4) Ajit Doval
India’s National Security Advisor (NSA) Ajit Doval visited Colombo, Sri Lanka for a two-day visit from November 27-28, 2020 to participate in the 4th NSA Level Meeting on Trilateral Maritime Security Cooperation between India, Sri Lanka, and the Maldives. The meeting was hosted by Sri Lanka. The meeting is held after 6 years. Along with NSA Ajit Doval, Kamal Gunaratne, Defence Secretary of Sri Lanka and Mariya Didi, Defence Minister of Maldives participated.
- India, _________ Joint Committee Launches Bilateral Fast track mechanism in Investment in its 18th session.
1) USA(United States of America)
5) JapanAnswer-4) France
Union Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep Singh Puri and French Minister delegate for foreign trade and Economic Attractiveness Franck Riester launched “Bilateral Factrack Mechanism” to increase investments in the 18th session of India France Joint Committee.
- Which Country has topped the list of sending the greatest number of educated migrants to OECD Countries?
4) United States
5) IndiaAnswer-5) India
According to the data released by OECD “Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development” in the Most Common birth countries of Highly Educated Migrants residing in OECD Nations, India came at the top with around 3.2 Million Highly Educated Migrants living in the OECD Nations as of 2015-16 data. For India, the share of individuals in Migrants who have High Education Status is 65% i.e high educations means having received vocational or academic training. China with 2.25 Million (48.6 % Highly Educated Migrants) came next to India in the list followed by Philippines – 1.89 Million Migrants (shared of Highly Educated Migrants 53.3 %).
- Which Company signed sharepurchase agreement to acquire 74% stake in Parbati Koldam Transmission Company Ltd (PKTCL) from Reliance Infrastructure Ltd Enterprise Value?
1) Sterlite Power Transmission Limited
2) L&T Power Transmission & Distribution
3) Maha Transco – Maharashtra State Electricity Transmission Co. Ltd.
4) Adani Transmission
5) India Grid Trust (IndiGrid)Answer-5) India Grid Trust (IndiGrid)
India Grid Trust (IndiGrid) signed sharepurchase agreement to acquire 74% stake in Parbati Koldam TransmissionCompany Ltd (PKTCL) from Reliance Infrastructure Ltd
Enterprise Value. The enterprise value to acquire 100% is Rs 900 crore, including the cash reserves and normalised tariff receivables. The value is subject to adjustments on account of movement in cash, deviation in outstanding debt, tariff receivables, assets and liabilities outstanding.
- A new species of dwarf gecko named “Cnemaspis avasabinae””, the smallest known Indian Gekkonid has been discovered in which state in Eastern Ghats?
1) Andhra Pradesh
2) Tamil Nadu
5) TelanganaAnswer-1) Andhra Pradesh
A team of researchers has discovered a new species of dwarf gecko named “Cnemaspis avasabinae”, This is identified as the smallest known Indian Gekkonid from the Eastern Ghats. Cnemaspis avasabinae is the 12 species discovered outside the Western Ghats and the first species from the Velikonda Range, Andhra Pradesh. The new species has been given a common name “Sabin’s Nellore dwarf gecko”. The paper about the discovery “A new species of South Asian Cnemaspis (Squamata: Gekkonidae) from the Eastern Ghats, India” was published in Zootaxa.
- British Driver Lewis Hamilton the 2020 Bahrain Grand Prix (officially known as Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix) held at Bahrain International Circuit. Which Automobile brand does he represent?
5) McLarenAnswer-2) Mercedes
British Driver Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) won the 2020 Bahrain Grand Prix (officially known as Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix) held at Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir, Bahrain. The race was the fifteen round of the 2020 Formula One World Championship.
- Which Public Sector Unit has set a new record for successfully manufacturing and testing India’s highest-rated auto transformer ‘500 MVA 400/220/33 kV?
1) Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
2) Bharat Heavy Electronics Limited (BHEL)
3) India Grid Trust (IndiGrid)
4) Both 1 & 2
5) All 1 2 & 3Answer-2) Bharat Heavy Electronics Limited (BHEL)
Bharat Heavy Electronics Limited (BHEL) has set a new record for successfully manufacturing and testing India’s highest-rated auto transformer ‘500 MVA 400/220/33 kV’ (It is BHEL’s 21 400 kV class transformer) at the National High Power Test Laboratory (NHPTL) at Bina, Madhya Pradesh. It successfully passed the Short circuit test. These transformers play a big role in building power transmission to load centres and bigger cities. BHEL stated that it is a new benchmark in the Global Transformer Industry.
- Which Financial Institution released a new book titled, ‘Future of Regional Cooperation in Asia and the Pacific?
1) Asian Development Bank (ADB)
2) World Bank (WB)
3) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
4) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
5) New Development Bank (NDB)Answer-1) Asian Development Bank (ADB)
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) released a new book titled, ‘Future of Regional Cooperation in Asia and the Pacific’. The book reviews the progress with regional cooperation and integration in Asia and the Pacific. It explores ways for economies in the region to work combinedly to recover and rebuild from the COVID-19 pandemic, so as to achieve a more flexible, sustainable, and inclusive future. As per the book, India was the 4th major host of Greenfield Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) projects and 8th major host of cross-border Merger and Acquisition (M&A) deals, during 2004-2015.
- Dave Prowse, who represented England in the Commonwealth Games, passed away recently.What was he famous for?
5) SwimmingAnswer-4) Weightlifting
Dave Prowse, the weightlifter who represented England in the Commonwealth Games in 1962 and later played the role of Darth Vader in the original “Star Wars” trilogy, died at the age of 85. Born on 1st July, 1935 at Bristol, England, Dave Prowse started his career as a bouncer at a dance hall then weightlifter and finally excelled his role as an actor.
- The legendary footballer Papa Bouba Diop passed away recently. He belonged to which Country?
1) South Korea
5) SenegalAnswer-5) Senegal
The legendary footballer Senegalese footballer Papa Bouba Diop died at the young age of 42. Diop, the midfielder was the hero when Senegal shocked the world by defending 1-0 against the reigning world champion, France in the opening game of 2002 FIFA World cup held in Japan and South Korea.
- United Nations International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People is annually observed across the globe on which day?
1) November 27
2) November 28
3) November 29
4) November 30
5) December 1Answer-3) November 29
The United Nations (UN)’s International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People is annually observed across the globe on 29th November to mark the day when the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted the resolution for partitioning Palestine into an Arab State and a Jewish State.
- The United Nations’ Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare is observed on which day?
1) November 26
2) November 27
3) November 28
4) November 29
5) November 30Answer-5) November 30
The United Nations (UN)’s Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare is annually celebrated across the globe on 30th November to pay tribute to the victims of chemical warfare and to reaffirm the commitment of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) to the elimination of the threat of chemical weapons and promote world peace, security and multilateralism. The day was first observed on 30th November 2016. The Chemical Weapons Convention was adopted in 1993 and came into force on 29th April 1997.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where did Scientists start a project of radio-tagging vultures?
1) Mudumalai Tiger Reserve (Tamil Nadu)
2) Panna Tiger Reserve (Madhya Pradesh)
3) Kanha Tiger Reserve (Madhya Pradesh)
4) Buxa Tiger Reserve (West Bengal)
5) Pench Tiger Reserve (Madhya Pradesh)Answer-2) Panna Tiger Reserve (Madhya Pradesh)
Scientists have started a project of radio-tagging vultures in Madhya Pradesh’s Panna Tiger Reserve to study the movements and habits of these birds, an official has said. Panna Tiger Reserve’s field director claimed this is probably the first time that radio-tagging of vultures is being done in India.
- Sri Guru Ram Das Ji International Airport is an international airport located in which state?
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) PunjabAnswer-5) Punjab
Sri Guru Ram Das Ji International Airport is an international airport about 11 kilometres northwest of the city of Amritsar, Punjab, India. It is named after Guru Ram Das, the fourth Sikh Guru and the founder of Amritsar city. Amritsar Airport is the largest and busiest airport in the Indian state of Punjab.
- Mohindra Chaudhary Zoological Park also known as Chhatbir Zoological Park is located in which state?
1) Uttar Pradesh
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) Himachal PradeshAnswer-2) Punjab
Chhatbir Zoo is a zoological park situated close to Zirakpur, India. The zoo was constructed in the 1970s and is home to a large variety of birds, mammals and reptiles.
- Where is the headquarters of OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development) located?
1) Washington D.C, US
2) Paris, France
3) New York City, US
4) Rome, Italy
5) Geneva, SwitzerlandAnswer-2) Paris, France
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development is an intergovernmental economic organisation with 37 member countries, founded in 1961 to stimulate economic progress and world trade.
- Where is the headquarters of United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) located?
1) Washington D.C, US
2) Montreal, Canada
3) New York City, US
4) Rome, Italy
5) Geneva, SwitzerlandAnswer-5) Geneva, Switzerland
UNCTAD is a permanent intergovernmental body established by the United Nations General Assembly in 1964. Headquarters are located in Geneva, Switzerland, and they have offices in New York and Addis Ababa. UNCTAD is part of the UN Secretariat.
Secretary-General– Mukhisa Kituyi of Kenya (7th Secretary-General).
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification