AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 1 April 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Who is the Indian delegation in Virtual G20 Trade and Investment Ministers meeting held through video conference?
1) Harsh Vardhan
2) RS Prasad
3) Nirmala Sitharaman
4) Piyush Goyal
5) RajNath SinghAnswer-4) Piyush Goyal
The G20 Trade and Investment Ministers meeting was held virtually where Union Minister of Commerce & Industry Piyush Goyal participated through video conference.
- Name the Indian Ministry which introduced “Companies Fresh Start Scheme, 2020” and revised the “LLP Settlement Scheme, 2020”.
1) Ministry of Commerce
2) Ministry of Science and Technology
3) Ministry of Finance
4) Ministry of Information and Broadcast
5) Ministry of Corporate AffairsAnswer-5) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
In order to provide relief to law abiding companies and Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs) from the COVID 19 impact, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA), has introduced the “Companies Fresh Start Scheme, 2020” and revised the “LLP Settlement Scheme, 2020”.
- The Government has extended crop loan interest upto ______ for farmers till May 31, 2020.
1) 1 Lakh
2) 5 Lakh
3) 3 Lakh
4) 2 Lakh
5) 10 LakhAnswer-3) 3 Lakh
The government has extended the benefit of 2% interest subvention (IS) to banks and 3% prompt repaymentincentive (PRI) to all farmers up to May 31, 2020 for all crop loans up to 3 lakh which have become due or are becoming due between March 1 and May 31, 2020. The decision has been taken due to the national lockdown situation to prevent Covid-19 infection.
- What is the enhanced Foreign Portfolio Investment (FPI) limit in Corporate bond as per RBI for FY 21?
5) 9%Answer-1) 15%
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has increased the foreign portfolio investment (FPI) limit in corporate bonds to 15% of outstanding stock for FY 2020-21 from 9%to strengthen the segment of the corporate bonds.The limit has been increased under sections 10(4) and 11(1) of the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (42 of 1999). Importantly, this move was proposed by Union finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman during her FY20-21 budget speech.
- Which Private sector bank of India has launched Banking service in WhatsApp (March 2020)?
1) HDFC Bank
2) Axis Bank
3) ICICI Bank
4) IndusInd Bank
5) RBL BankAnswer-3) ICICI Bank
The ICICI Bank has launched Whatsapp banking to assist its customers in meeting the banking needs from homes during the lockdown.
- With which General Insurance Company in partnership with BharatPe launched “‘COVID-19 protection insurance cover’ for shopkeepers?
1) Bharti Axa
2) ICICI Lombard
3) HDFC Ergo
4) Cholamandalam MS
5) Apollo MunichAnswer-2) ICICI Lombard
For the first time, BharatPe, a New Delhi-based startup that is doing payment transaction business, has entered into the partnership with ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited, a general insurance company in India, to introduce ‘COVID-19 Protection Insurance Cover’ for shopkeepers, who are most affected financially due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- What is the amount that was granted as loan by Asian Development Bank (ADB) to Aavas financiers to improve women’s access to housing in India?
1) $100 million
2) $80 million
3) $20 million
4) $40 million
5) $60 millionAnswer-5) $60 million
Asian Development Bank (ADB), a regional development bank, has signed a loan agreement worth of $60 million with affordable housing loan provider Aavas Financiers Ltd to provide housing finance to women in low-income communities either as primary borrowers or co-borrowers.
- What is the India’s GDP growth for the FY21 as per S&P Global Ratings (revised on March 31, 2020)?
5) 3.9%Answer-4) 3.5%
Standard & Poor(S&P) Global Ratings has slashed down India’s growth forecast to 3.5% from 5.2% for the Financial Year(FY)21.It also expects a sharp growth at 7.3% in FY22.
- Insurance Australia sold its 26% stake in SBI general insurance to Napean Opportunities LLP and WP Honey Wheat Investment Ltd. Where is HQ of SBI life insurance located at?
5) New DelhiAnswer-2) Mumbai
Insurance Australia General (IAG) has sold its entire 26% stake in the SBI (State Bank of India) General Insurance Co Ltd for USD 310 million (about Rs 2,325 crore) to Napean Opportunities LLP (an affiliate of Premji invest)and WP Honey Wheat Investment Ltd (Warburg Pincus Group).Napean Opportunities LLP has acquired 16.01% interest whereas WP Honey Wheat Investment Ltd acquired a 9.99% interest. The HQ of SBI life Insurance located at Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Name the Company which acquires 5.45% of stake in Indian airline SpiceJet.
1) SBI trustee Company
2) ICIC trustee Company
3) HDFC trustee Company
4) S&P trustee Company
5) Axis trustee CompanyAnswer-3) HDFC trustee Company
HDFC Trustee Company Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (HDFC), has acquired 3.4 crore shares or 5.45% stake in Indian low-cost airline SpiceJet.
- Name the Indian ministry which has launched the portal named “Stranded in India”.
1) Ministry of Tourism
2) Ministry of Home Affairs
3) Ministry of Health and Family welfare
4) Ministry of External Affairs
5) Ministry of Science and TechnologyAnswer-1) Ministry of Tourism
The Ministry of Tourism has launched a portal ‘Stranded in India’ as a support network to help foreign tourists who are stuck in various parts of India. Its web address is strandedinindia.com.
- Name the coronavirus risk tracking App which was launched by Government of India (jointly by Meity&MoHFW).
1) Corona Free
2) Corona Shulk
3) Corona Safe
4) Corona Risk
5) Corona KavachAnswer-5) Corona Kavach
The Government of India has launched a Coronavirus risk-tracking Application (app) called “Corona Kavach”. The app was jointly developed by the Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) & the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW). The app uses a person’s location to assess whether they are in the high-risk geographical zone or not and the app is available on the Google Play Store.
- Name the person who headed the team which developed corona virus testing kit called ‘MylabPathoDetect COVID-19 Qualitative PCR kit’.
1) MinalDakhave Bhosale
2) Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw
3) Rosemary Joyce
4) Priyamvada Natarajan
5) Mangala NarlikarAnswer-1) MinalDakhave Bhosale
Virologist MinalDakhave Bhosale from Pune had headed the designing team for the corona virus testing kit called ‘MylabPathoDetect COVID-19 Qualitative PCR kit’.She is the research and development chief of Mylab Discovery Solutions in Pune, the first Indian company has received full approval to make and sell Covid-19 testing kits.
- Find the Indian state which has launched the app Self Declaration COVID-19.
5) ManipurAnswer-3) Nagaland
Nagaland CM (Chief Minister) Neiphiu Rio launched the Self Declaration COVID-19 application at Kohima, Nagaland. The app is crucial for tracking and surveillance of high-risk cases.
- Tokyo Olympics is rescheduled to July 23 – August 8, 2021. Where is the HQ of International Olympics Committee (IOC) located?
5) New YorkAnswer-2) Lausanne
The organisers of IOC (International Olympic Committee – Headquarters at Lausanne, Switzerland) announced the 32nd edition of rescheduled dates of Tokyo Olympics that will be held in Tokyo, Japan from July 23 to August 8, 2021, almost exactly a year after the games were to commence in 2020. The Paralympics dates were also confirmed from August 24 to September 5, 2021.
- Name the person who authored the book titled ‘The Enlightenment of The Greengage Tree’.
1) Marjane Satrapi
3) Shokoofeh Azar
5) Reza BaraheniAnswer-3) Shokoofeh Azar
Shokoofeh Azar’s The Enlightenment of The Greengage Tree was originally published in 2017 by ReadHowYouWant.com, Limited & has been reprinted by Europa Editions in January 2020. The book has been named(among 13) in the longlist of Booker Prizes (annual) 2020 for a £50,000 (USD 98,000) prize, which is shared between the author & translator of the winning book. She becomes the 1st Iranian author to be named in the Prize. She has authored essays, articles, & children’s books.
- Who has written the book named “Backstage: The Story Behind India’s High Growth Years”?
1) Satyendra Nath Bose
2) V. K. Narayana Menon
3) Zakir Husain
4) S. S. Vasan
5) Montek Singh AhluwaliaAnswer-5) Montek Singh Ahluwalia
The Economist, civil servant & Deputy Chairman of the Indian Planning Commission, with the rank of Cabinet Minister, from July 2004 to May 2014 & Padma Vibhushan awardee(2011) Montek Singh Ahluwalia authored a book titled ‘Backstage: The Story Behind India’s High Growth Years’ which captures the essence of policymaking between 1985 and 2014.
- Who is the Author of the book titled ‘‘Sridevi: The Eternal Screen Goddess’’.
1) Satyarth Nayak
2) Smita Agarwal
3) Varsha Adalja
4) Samina Ali
5) Meena AlexanderAnswer-1) Satyarth Nayak
Author & screenwriter Satyarth Nayak authored his 1st non-fiction book titled as ‘Sridevi: The Eternal Screen Goddess’ which is about the late actress Sridevi. It is published by Penguin eBury Press
- Arjun Dev who passed away in March 2020 is _________.
5) PhysicianAnswer-2) Historian
Professor Arjun Dev, the legendary historian and educationist passed away at the age of 81 in Noida, Uttar Pradesh (UP). He was born on November 12, 1938 in Leiah, West Punjab (now in Pakistan).
- Maria Teresa who passes away due to COVID-19 is the princess of which country?
1) United Kingdom
5) SpainAnswer-5) Spain
Spanish Princess Maria Teresa of Bourbon-Parma has become the first royal to pass away due to Covid-19 complications who was born on July 28, 1933 and studied in France and became a professor at Paris’ Sorbonne as well as a professor of Sociology at Madrid’s Complutense University. She was known for her outspoken views and activist work, which led to her nickname the “Red Princess.”
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the organisation which organise IHGF – Delhi Fair Spring event? Answer-Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH)
Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH) has cancelled the 49th edition of IHGF – Delhi Fair Spring-2020in view of present status of COVID-19 in India.
- March 30 is the foundation day for which Indian state? Answer-Rajasthan
- Where is HQ of SpiceJet located? Answer-Gurgaon, Haryana
- Who is the present Tourism minister of India? Answer-Prahlad Singh Patel
- Name the person who is present Governor of Nagaland? Answer-Ravindra Narayana Ravi
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/current-affairs-april-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try April Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]
- Name the organisation which organise IHGF – Delhi Fair Spring event?