AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 1 & 2 May 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
- In April 2022, Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban 2.0 (SBM-U 2.0) launched the “National Behaviour Change Communication Framework for Garbage Free Cities.
“SBM-U 2.0” initiative under which ministry?
1) Ministry of Rural Development
2) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
3) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
4) Ministry of Women and Child Development
5) Ministry of Housing and Urban AffairsAnswer- 5) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
Manoj Joshi, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), has launched the “National Behaviour Change Communication Framework for Garbage Free Cities,” a Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban 2.0 (SBM-U 2.0) initiative under the aegis of MoHUA.
i. The objective of the framework is to strengthen the ongoing Jan Andolan (mass movement) for “Garbage-Free Cities.
- The Ministry of MSME recently (in April’22) launched the MSME Sustainable Zero Defect Zero Effect (ZED) Certification Scheme to provide a roadmap to global competitiveness for the MSMEs of India.
At what % of Micro Enterprises will receive subsidies in their businesses under the ZED certification scheme?
5) 90%Answer- 2) 80%
Union Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), Narayan Tatu Rane launched the MSME Sustainable Zero Defect Zero Effect (ZED) Certification Scheme.
i. The scheme focuses to reduce wastage substantially, increase productivity, enhance environmental consciousness, save energy, optimally use natural resources, expand their markets, etc. The scheme comprises three certification levels including bronze, silver and gold.
Under the ZED certification scheme, the MSMEs will get subsidies in enterprises such as, Micro Enterprises: 80%
Small Enterprises: 60%
Medium Enterprises: 50%
- According to the Q3 of the Quarterly Employment Survey (QES) 2021, released by the Ministry of Labour and Employment in April 2022, 3.14 crore jobs were created in October – December 2021 across nine sectors.
Which sector is emerging as the largest employer, as per Q3 Employment Survey 2021?
4) Manufacturing sector
5) HealthAnswer-4) Manufacturing sector
The report for the third quarter of the Quarterly Employment Survey (QES) for the period October – December 2021, which is a part of the All India Quarterly Establishment based Employment Survey (AQEES) , has been released by the Ministry of Labour and Employment (MOLE).The report is prepared by the Labour Bureau, an attached office of MOLE.
i. According to the report, formal sector employment in India increased by 4 lakhs in October-December 2021, to 3.145 crore workers across nine sectors.
ii. The manufacturing sector is the largest employer, engaging roughly 39% of the estimated total workforce, followed by the education sector, which employs around 22%.
- The Government of India (GoI) decided to issue a _____ Commemorative Coin to Mark the 100th birth anniversary of Jawaharlal Darda (Babuji).
1) Rs 75
2) Rs 10
3) Rs 50
4) Rs 200
5) Rs 100Answer- 5) Rs 100
The Government of India (GoI) will be issuing a Rs 100 commemorative coin to mark the birth centenary of Jawaharlal Darda, fondly called Babuji, a late freedom fighter, social worker, philanthropist, educationist and founder of the Lokmat Group of Newspapers (now Lokmat Media).
i. The coin is likely to be issued on July 2, 2023, 100th birth anniversary of Jawaharlal Darda and the coin is being manufactured by the Government of India Mint ,Mumbai. A gazette notification was issued by the economic affairs department of the finance ministry.
ii. The weight of the coin is 35gms with 50% silver,40 % copper,5% Nickle and 5% Zinc.The circumference of the coin would be 44mm.
- Which organisation recently (in April’ 22) issued a “Framework for FinTech Entity” in the international financial services centres?
1) International Financial Services Centres Authority
2) Reserve Bank of India
3) Securities and Exchange Board of India
4) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority
5) Small Industries Development Bank of IndiaAnswer-1) International Financial Services Centres Authority
The Gandhinagar (Gujarat)-based International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) has issued a detailed ‘Framework for FinTech Entity’ in the IFSCs. It is aimed at giving a boost to the establishment of a world class FinTech Hub at GIFT IFSC comparable with other IFCs.
The framework proposes to cover
Financial technology (FinTech) solutions resulting in new business models, applications, process or products in areas/activities linked to financial services regulated by IFSCA
Advanced/innovative technological solutions which aid and assist activities in relation to financial products, financial services and financial institutions (TechFin).
- Name the bank that recently (in April ’22) launched its first digital product, pre-approved personal loan (PAPL), under the Project World of Advanced Virtual Experience (WAVE).
1) Punjab National Bank
2) Indian Bank
3) Union Bank of India
4) Bank of India
5) Bank of MaharashtraAnswer- 2) Indian Bank
Indian Bank, a public sector lender, has introduced its first digital product, Pre-Approved Personal Loan (PAPL), which aims to provide customers with instant loan disbursement through a three-step process.
i. The PAPL is a part of the Bank’s Project – World of Advanced Virtual Experience (WAVE).
- Who recently (in April’22) won the Whitley Gold Award 2022 for the 2nd time?
1) Priyanka reddy
2) Vandana Shiva
3) Charudutt Mishra
4) Pavan Sukhdev
5) Sunita NarainAnswer-3) Charudutt Mishra
Renowned conservationist and Snow Leopard Expert Charudutt Mishra has been honoured with the Whitley Fund for Nature (WFN)’s Whitley Gold Award 2022 for his work in 12 snow leopard range countries including Afghanistan, China and Russia.
i. This marks his 2nd Whitley Gold Award, he previously won the award in 2005.
- In April 2022, the Star9 Mobility Private Limited bought the 51% entire stake of Government of India in Pawan Hans Limited (PHL) for ________.
1) Rs 409.34 crore
2) Rs 211.14 crore
3) Rs 398.65 crore
4) Rs 506.12 crore
5) Rs 176.35 croreAnswer-2) Rs 211.14 crore
The Alternative Mechanism, empowered by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved the highest bid of Star9 Mobility Private Limited, quoting Rs 211.14 crore, for the sale of the entire shareholding of the Government of India (GoI) – 51% of Shareholding, of Pawan Hans Limited (PHL) and transfer of management control.
i. Pawan Hans Limited(PHL) is a joint venture of GoI (51%) and ONGC(Oil and Natural Gas Corporation) Limited(49%) providing helicopter and aero mobility services.
- In April 2022, which Indian airline became the 1st in Asia to use satellite-based landing procedures (SBAS) using the GAGAN System?
1) AirAsia India
2) Go First
5) IndigoAnswer-5) Indigo
India became the first country in the Asia-Pacific to have satellite-based landing procedure (SBAS) using the GAGAN System. This feat was achieved after Indigo operated ATR 72-600 aircraft using indigenously developed Satellite Based Augmentation System (SBAS) GAGAN (GPS-Aided GEO Augmented Navigation) to land at the Kishangarh Airport, Rajasthan.
i. Localiser Performance with Vertical Guidance (LPV) is a Satellite-Based Procedure that has been used by the aircraft for landing purposes at Kishangarh Airport (Rajasthan).
- What is the theme of World Veterinary Day 2022 that was observed across the globe on 30th April 2022?
1) The Veterinarian Response to the Covid-19 Crisis
2) Environmental protection for improving animal and human health
3) Strengthening Veterinary Resilience
4) Antimicrobial Resistance – from Awareness to Action
5) Value of VaccinationAnswer-3) Strengthening Veterinary Resilience
World Veterinary Day (WVD) is annually observed across the globe by the World Veterinary Association (WVA) on the last Saturday of April to celebrate the importance and contribution of the Veterinarians and to promote animal health and welfare.
i. World Veterinary Day 2022 observed on 30th April 2022 with the theme of “Strengthening Veterinary Resilience”.