AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 1 & 2 January 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download
- On December, 2020 CCEA approved a modified scheme to enhance ethanol distillation capacity in the country for producing 1G ethanol that will be used in _____.
1) Paints and varnishes
2) Alcoholic beverages
3) Petrochemical products
4) Beauty products
5) Sugar productionAnswer-3) Petrochemical products
On December 30, 2020, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved a modified scheme to enhance ethanol distillation capacity in the country for producing 1st Generation, 1G ethanol from feed stocks such as cereals like rice, wheat, barley, corn and sorghum and sugarcane, sugar beet etc. An interest subvention of Rs 4,573 crore will also be provided for production of ethanol, which can be used for doping in petrol.
- Which Indian Missile recently got approval from Union Cabinet for export – sales to friendly foreign countries, on December, 2020?
5) AkashAnswer-5) Akash
On December 30, 2020, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave its approval to the sale of Akash surface-to-air missile systems to friendly foreign countries. In this regard, it created a high-powered Committee comprising Defence Minister Affairs Minister and National Security Advisor-NSA to provide faster approvals for export of such platforms. Notably, the Government of India targets defence exports worth $5 billion by 2024. Akash is a Surface to Air Missile with a range of 25 Kms.
- Where will the 3 Indian Missions be set up to build a conducive environment for India’s growth and development through partnerships that got approved by Union Cabinet on December, 2020?
1) Colombia, Costa Rica and Estonia
2) Estonia, Paraguay and Dominican Republic
3) Colombia, Costa Rica and Argentina
4) Estonia, Paraguay and Colombia
5) Dominican Republic, Peru and LithuaniaAnswer-2) Estonia, Paraguay and Dominican Republic
On December 30, 2020, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the opening of 3 Indian Missions in Estonia, Paraguay and Dominican Republic in 2021. The objective behind setting up of Indian mission in these countries is to build a conducive environment for India’s growth and development through partnerships with friendly countries.
- Where is Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre located, that recently got a New Building complex inaugurated by Karnataka CM Yediyurappa, on December 2020?
5) BengaluruAnswer-5) Bengaluru
On December 29, 2020, the Chief Minister (CM) of Karnataka Bookanakere Siddalingappa Yediyurappa inaugurated the New Building of Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre in Shivajinagar, Bengaluru (Karnataka) which has 150 seats for the MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) course. The outlay required for setting up medical college is Rs 600-700 crore.
- Which state launched its own crop relief scheme ‘Kisan Fasal Rahat Yojana’ replacing Central governments’ crop insurance scheme Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY)?
1) Madhya Pradesh
5) MaharashtraAnswer-4) Jharkhand
Jharkhand has launched the state’s own crop relief scheme ‘Kisan Fasal Rahat Yojana’ which will replace Government of India’s crop insurance scheme Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY). The new scheme is a compensation scheme which will provide security cover to farmers of Jharkhand in cases of crop damage due to natural hazards. The main objectives of the scheme are – Food Safety, Crop Diversification, rapid development in Agriculture & paving way for competition.
- Which organisation released the “Report on Trend and Progress of Banking in India 2019-20” that highlighted the performance of banking and allied sectors?
2) World Economic Forum
3) World Bank
4) Reserve Bank of India
5) International Monetary FundAnswer-4) Reserve Bank of India
On December 29, 2020, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released “Report on Trend and Progress of Banking in India 2019-20” under the broad theme of impact of COVID-19 on banking and non-banking sectors, and the way forward. This report for the year ended June 30, 2020 has been submitted to the Central Government in terms of Section 36(2) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949. The report presented the performance of the banking sector, including co-operative banks, and non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) during 2019-20.
- Which was the only authorised bank in India to issue the Electoral bonds, as of December 2020?
1) Reserve Bank of India
2) Indian Overseas Bank
3) State Bank of India
5) Punjab National BankAnswer-3) State Bank of India
Government of India announced that electoral bonds will be issued by the state-run lender’s 29 authorised branches of State Bank of India across the country from 1-10 January, 2021. The electoral bonds shall be encashed by an eligible political party only through a bank account with the authorised bank. A person being an individual can buy Electoral Bonds, either singly or jointly with other individuals. The bonds shall be valid for 15 calendar days from the date of issue and no payment shall be made to any payee political party after that.
- Recently Indian Coast Guard (ICG) has signed an MoU with 7 Asian Countries for cooperation in Maritime Search and Rescue (M-SAR) Operations on December, 2020, Which of the following country does not belong to the group?
1) Sri Lanka
3) South Korea
5) PhilippinesAnswer-3) South Korea
Indian Coast Guard (ICG) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with 7 Asian Countries – Japan, Philippines, Thailand, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Indonesia & Vietnam for cooperation in Maritime Search and Rescue (M-SAR) Operations. ICG is conducting Maritime Exercises & Training Activities regularly with these countries. ICG-Karnataka is the coordinator of Maritime Search and Rescue (M-SAR) for the Indian Coast.
- Which country’s MoU with Indian government for cooperation in the peaceful use of outer space got approved by the Union Cabinet chaired by PM Modi on December, 2020?
3) Sri Lanka
5) ChinaAnswer-4) Bhutan
On December 30, 2020, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the MoU between Indian Government and Royal Government of Bhutan on Cooperation in the peaceful uses of outer space which was signed on November 19, 2020 by both sides at Bangalore/Thimpu. Through this MoU both nations will cooperate in potential interest areas, such as remote sensing of the earth; satellite communication and satellite based navigation; Space science and planetary exploration; use of spacecraft and space systems and ground system; and application of space technology.
- Which organisation has signed an agreement with Delhi Government & Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan to solarise schools in Delhi, as of December, 2020?
1) Hero Future Energies
2) Mainframe Energy Solutions
3) Oakridge Energy
4) Virtuous Energy
5) Volks EnergieAnswer-3) Oakridge Energy
Oakridge Energy, a Solar energy firm has signed agreements with Delhi Government & Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan to solarise schools in Delhi. The project will be developed by Oakridge & subsidised under the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy’s (MNRE) capital subsidy scheme for Government Buildings. The installation of solar plants will help in making institutions energy independent, reduce their electricity bills and generate additional income through sale of surplus power. Oakridge has set a target to solarise 1, 000 schools & educational institutions by 2022.
- Who got extension of 1 year as the Secretary of Department of Space and Chairman of space commission from the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) on December, 2020?
1) Ashutosh Sharma
2) Durga Shanker Mishra
3) AK Kiran Kumar
4) K Sivan
5) Ajay KumarAnswer-4) K Sivan
On December 30, 2020 The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet(ACC) approved a 1 year extension of Kailasavadivoo(K) Sivan, Secretary of Department of Space, Govt of India and Chairman of space commission from January 14, 2021, i.e. upto January 14, 2022 or until further orders, whichever is earlier. He is currently the chairman of Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO). He took charge in January 2018, succeeding, AK Kiran Kumar.
- For which state, IAS officer P Ravi Kumar was appointed as the new Chief Secretary on December, 2020?
5) UttarakhandAnswer-2) Karnataka
On December 31, 2020 IAS officer P Ravi Kumar was appointed as the 38th Chief Secretary of Karnataka. He will succeed T.M. Vijay Bhaskar who will superannuate on December 31 2020. P Ravi Kumar will hold this post until May 2022, i.e., till he attains the age of 60. Prior to his appointment, P Ravi Kumar was the Additional Chief Secretary(ACS) of Karnataka govt and was ACS of Karnataka CM, BS Yediyurappa.
- Who received the Tansen Samman 2020 award on the occasion of 96th edition of Tansen Sangeet Samaroh, the annual music festival held at Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh?
1) Siddheshwari Devi
2) Gayatri Asokan
3) Shiv Kumar Sharma
4) Satish Vyas
5) Rahul SharmaAnswer-4) Satish Vyas
The 5 day Tansen Sangeet Samaroh 2020, 96th edition of the annual music festival organized to pay tribute to the Great Indian Musical Maestro Tansen was held in Behat Village, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh (MP) from 26th December to 30th December 2020. Pt Satish Vyas conferred with prestigious Tansen Samman 2020. Tansen award is provided, which carries sum Rs. 1,00,000.The award is given for Hindustani Music.
- Which portal has won the platinum icon award under “Innovation in Pandemic” category on the 6th Digital India Awards (DIA) 2020 conferred virtually by President Ram Nath Kovind?
2) e-Committee, Supreme Court of India
3) Aarogya Setu
4) Aapda Sampoorti Portal
5) Pravasi Shramik and Rojgar Setu PortalAnswer-1) eSanjeevani
On December 30, 2020 President of India, Ram Nath Kovind conferred 6th Digital India Awards(DIA) 2020 through video conferencing in a virtual awards ceremony.
Winners Platinum Icon Gold Icon Silver Icon Innovation in Pandemic eSanjeevani – National Telemedicine Service Covid-19 Sample Collection Management System
- Aapda Sampoorti Portal(Bihar)
- Pravasi Shramik and Rojgar Setu Portal(Madhya Pradesh)
Excellence in Digital Governance
eCommittee Supreme Court of India, Department of Justice Department of Posts
- Department of Fertilizers
- Department of Land Resources
Excellence in Digital Governance
Haryana Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal
Excellence in Digital Governance
Khargone, Madhya Pradesh Changlang, Arunachal Pradesh Kamareddy, Telangana Open Data Champion Department of Health and Family Welfare Research Data Management in ICAR
- Food Corporation of India(FCI)
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
Exemplary Product Port Community System PCS1x – National Maritime Single Window ServicePlus Integrated Temple Management
System – ITMS
Jury Choice Award Aarogya Setu, eOffice
- Which among the following was NOT among the 4 Asian Tea Cultivation Sites that got recognized as Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Systems (GIAHS) by Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO) on December, 2020?
1) Traditional Hadong Tea Agrosystem, South Korea
2) Traditional tea-grass integrated system, Japan
3) Glenburn Tea Estate, India
4) Fuzhou Jasmine & Tea Culture System, China
5) Pu’er Traditional Tea Agrosystem, ChinaAnswer-3) Glenburn Tea Estate, India
The Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations has named 4 Asian Tea Cultivation Sites – 2 from China & 1 each from South Korea & Japan as Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Systems (GIAHS).
Site Country The Pu’er Traditional Tea Agrosystem China Fuzhou Jasmine & Tea Culture System China Traditional tea-grass integrated system in Shizuoka Japan Traditional Hadong Tea Agrosystem in Hwagae-myeon South Korea
- Who received 2020’s “Eminent Engineer Award” presented by The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)?
1) Vinod Kumar Yadav
2) Prabhakar Singh
3) K. Sivan
4) A. S. Kiran Kumar
5) B. N. SureshAnswer-1) Vinod Kumar Yadav
Vinod Kumar Yadav, Chairman & CEO of the Railway Board, Ministry of Railways received the “Eminent Engineer Award for the year 2020” for his contribution towards modernisation and reforms in Indian Railways. The award was presented by The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
- Who chaired the 34th PRAGATI that reviewed various projects and programmes in 10 states and Union Territories?
1) Narendra Modi
2) Amit Shah
3) Rajnath Singh
4) Nirmala Sitharaman
5) Ajit DovalAnswer-1) Narendra Modi
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi chaired the thirty-fourth PRAGATI interaction. In the meeting, various projects, programmes and grievances were reviewed. Projects of the Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways and Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs were discussed. These projects, with a total cost of about Rs 1 lakh crore, pertained to ten states and Union Territories.
- Which insurance company bought 23% stake of IDBI Federal Life Insurance Company Limited (IFLI) from IDBI Bank on December, 2020?
1) Apollo Munich Health Insurance
2) Ageas Insurance International NV
3) Acko General Insurance
4) Edelweiss General Insurance
5) Go Digit General InsuranceAnswer-2) Ageas Insurance International NV
IDBI Bank has entered into the final stage of selling the 23% stake in IDBI Federal Life Insurance Company Limited (IFLI) to Ageas Insurance International NV. The deal is expected to be completed by December 31, 2020. On purchasing the stake, Ageas Insurance International NV will hold 49% stake in IFLI earlier from 26%. While IDBI Bank’s stake in IFLI will be reduced to 25% from 48%.
- Which company got approval from the Competition Commission of India (CCI) to acquire 51% shares of Mukand Sumi Special Steel Ltd (MSSSL), on December, 2020?
1) Jamnalal Sons Private Ltd ( JSPL)
2) J.P. Morgan & Co.
3) V SF Markets Pte. Ltd
4) Morgan Stanley Wealth Management.
5) UBS Wealth ManagementAnswer-1) Jamnalal Sons Private Ltd ( JSPL)
On December 30, 2020 The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the following acquisition under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002.
CCI gave approval to the acquisition of 51% of equity share capital of Mukand Sumi Special Steel Ltd (MSSSL) by Jamnalal Sons Private Ltd ( JSPL)
CCI gave the approval to the acquisition of about 8% equity shareholding in API Holdings Private Limited by TPG Growth V SF Markets Pte. Ltd.
- Which organization alongside DRDO has conducted the maiden trial of ‘SAHAYAK-NG’ India’s 1st indigenously Air Droppable Container on December, 2020?
1) Indian Air Force
2) Indian Coast Guard
4) Indian Army
5) Indian NavyAnswer-5) Indian Navy
On December 30, 2020, Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) & Indian Navy successfully conducted the maiden trial of ‘SAHAYAK-NG’ which is India’s 1st indigenously designed and developed Air Droppable Container. It was dropped from IL 38SD aircraft of the Indian Navy at Coast of Goa. This is a first-of-its-kind trial involving mission critical systems.
- Which became India’s 1st Private company to design, develop & test a full solid-fueled rocket stage, named ‘Kalam-5’?
1) Boeing India Pvt Ltd
2) Skyroot Aerospace Pvt Ltd
3) Lockheed Martin India Pvt Ltd
4) BrahMos Aerospace Pvt Ltd
5) Airnetz Aviation Pvt LtdAnswer-2) Skyroot Aerospace Pvt Ltd
Skyroot Aerospace, an Indian Space Startup successfully test fired a solid propulsion rocket engine named ‘Kalam-5’ from an Private Test Facility at Nagpur, Maharashtra. It is the 1st Private company of India to successfully design, develop & test a full solid-fueled rocket stage. It will now be used for propulsion of their maiden rocket ‘Vikram-1’ which is expected to be launched in December, 2021 with the help of Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
- Which organisation(s) developed & manufactured 3 sets of 10-metre short span bridges for Indian Army, on December, 2020?
1) Defence Research and Development Organisation
2) Border Security Force
3) Larsen & Toubro Ltd
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 1 & 3Answer-5) Both 1 & 3
On December 30, 2020 Indian Army received 3 sets of 10-metre short span bridges developed & manufactured by DRDO in partnership with Larsen & Toubro Ltd (L&T). The bridges were handed over to Indian Army at L&T’s facility at Talegaon, Maharashtra. It will help the army to enhance its mobility by speedy bridging of gaps during operations. It is also a step towards making the armed forces to be self-dependent.
- Which Indian Boxer recently got banned for 4 years by The National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) on December, 2020?
1) Vijender Singh
3) Manju Rani
4) Manish Kaushik
5) Nikhat ZareenAnswer-2) Nishu
The National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) imposed a four-year ban on boxer Nishu for doping. The player was tested positive for prohibited substance Metandienone (Anabolic-Androgenic Steroid) and the Anti Doping Disciplinary Panel (ADDP) has imposed four years of ineligibility on Nishu.
- Who authored the book “Sabarimala Vijnaanakosham”?
1) Arif Mohammed Khan
2) K S Vijayanath
3) Pinarayi Vijayan
4) S Sreejith
5) OV VijayanAnswer-2) K S Vijayanath
On 30th December 2020, Arif Mohammed Khan, Governor of Kerala released the book titled “Sabarimala Vijnaanakosham” authored by K S Vijayanath at Raj Bhavan, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. He presented the first copy of “Sabarimala Vijnaanakosham” to S Sreejith, Inspector General of Police (Crime Branch) Kerala.
- To which country did late John Fulton (F) Reid play as captain in Test Cricket?
2) South Africa
3) New Zealand
5) West IndiesAnswer-3) New Zealand
On December 28, 2020 John Fulton(F) Reid, former New Zealand cricketer passed away at the age of 64 after a long illness at Christchurch, City in the South Island, New Zealand. The Left-handed batsman was born on March 3, 1956 in Auckland, City in the North Island, New Zealand. He served as the New Zealand Test captain.
- What was the portal & Mobile app launched by the External Affairs Ministry to act as an interface in connecting Indian Diaspora across the globe?
1) PassportIndia Portal
2) Madad Portal
3) Pravasi Rishta Portal
4) OCI Portal
5) NRI ProtalAnswer-3) Pravasi Rishta Portal
On December 30, 2020, Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) launched Global Pravasi Rishta Portal & Mobile application to connect with 3.12 Crore Indian Diaspora across the world. Minister of State for External Affairs, V. Muraleedharan launched the portal. The portal web interface will be used by Indian Missions whereas the mobile app will be used by diaspora & Indian nationals.
- Which was the mobile app launched by Punjab CM Amarinder Singh that enable people to have digital access to the directory of state government, on December 2020?
5) DigiLockerAnswer-3) DigiNest
On December 30, 2020 Captain Amarinder Singh, Chief Minister of Punjab virtually launched a mobile application ‘DigiNest’. It will enable people to have digital access to the directory of state govt, this enables people to reach out to the officers easily by calling or sending Email. In addition to this, he also launched an online Punjab Advertisement Release Order System. This will bring transparency and efficiency in the entire process of releasing State Government’s advertisements and payments to media houses.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Giant Rock Bee Honey, is a tribal product of which state?
5) Tamil NaduAnswer-5) Tamil Nadu
Giant Rock Bee Honey, a unique variant of honey, sourced from Malayali Tribes of Tamil Nadu, got added to Tribes India Collection
- Where was the 2028 edition of the world’s largest multisport event “Olympic” games scheduled?
5) BelgiumAnswer-3) USA
BCCI board to back ICC bid for cricket’s inclusion in 2028, Olympics 2028. The 2028 edition of the world’s largest multisport event “Olympic” games was scheduled to be held at The United States of America.
- Who was the current Director General of the Indian Coast Guard as of December 2020?
1) Karambir Singh
2) Bipin Rawat
3) Manoj Mukund Naravane
4) Krishnaswamy Natarajan
5) Rakesh AsthanaAnswer-4) Krishnaswamy Natarajan
Krishnaswamy Natarajan, is the current Director General of the Indian Coast Guard as of December 2020, he assumed the office on 1 July 2019 after Director General Rajendra Singh retired.
- Who was the present Prime Minister of Bhutan, as of December 2020?
1) K. P. Sharma Oli
2) Gotabaya Rajapaksa
3) Lotay Tshering
4) Win Myint
5) Tshering TobgayAnswer-3) Lotay Tshering
Lotay Tshering is a Bhutanese politician and doctor who is the current Prime Minister of Bhutan, as of December 2020.
- Where is the Headquarters of Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO)?
1) New York, USA
2) Rome, Italy
3) Paris, France
4) Geneva, Switzerland
5) Manila, PhilippinesAnswer-2) Rome, Italy
The Headquarters of Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO) is located at Rome, Italy.
- Giant Rock Bee Honey, is a tribal product of which state?