Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Which country has joined hands with India to develop Bhubaneswar, Kochi and Coimbatore as Smart cities?
D.RussiaAnswer : C) Germany
Explanation : Germany will partner with India’s flagship program Smart City Mission to develop Bhubaneswar, Kochi, and Coimbatore as smart Cities
- Which two states have signed MoU for 5 irrigation projects on river Godavari?
A.Andhra & Telengana
B.Telengana & Maharashtra
C.Andhra & Maharashtra
D.Maharashtra & MPAnswer: b) Telengana & Maharashtra
Explanation : The Memorandum of Understanding has been signed between Telangana and Maharashtra government on river Godavari Water Projects in Mumbai.
- MoeFCC has classified industries based on four colour index. Which colour indicates highest pollution index?
D.WhiteAnswer: A) Red
Explanation : Based on the Range of Pollution Index‘, industrial sectors have been categorised into four colours category- Red, White, Green and Orange.Red category: PI score of 60 and above. These are severe polluting industries. It includes sugar, thermal power plants, paints.
- PM Narendra Modi has selected Nagepur village in Varanasi for implementation of which of the following schemes?
D.PMJDYAnswer : C) SAGY(Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana)
Explanation : Prime Minister Narendra Modi Selects his own Varanasi constituency village Nagepur for development under Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana.
- Which Airlines flew the first longest all women flight on March 8?
D.Singapore AirlinesAnswer : a) Air India
Explanation : Air India on Monday flew its first world’s longest all women flight from New Delhi to San Francisco. The flight flew for 17 hours covering 14,500 kms.
- Which bank has recently offered its women employees a Work-from-home scheme?
D.Axis BankAnswer : B) ICICI
Explanation : The largest private sector lender ICICI bank has announced a work-from-home programme to the women workers. ICICI and IIT Delhi have designed iWork @ home platform which enables the women workers to work from home.
- Which life insurance company has launched Smart Women advantage plan?
B.SBI life Insurance
C.Birla Sun life Insurance
D.Max life InsuranceAnswer : B) SBI life Insurance
Explanation : To give more emphasis on empowerment of Women, the SBI life insurance launched the Smart Women Advantage scheme as a part of Women’s day celebrations. SBI Life – Smart Women Advantage’ plan provides for life cover, savings and female-specific critical illness benefits.
- India’s rank in terms of representation of women in parliament slipped from 117 in 2015 to ?
D.152Answer : B) 144
Explanation : Explanation : India though remains to be the largest democracy in the world has been given only 144thrank in terms of women representation in legislation across the globe. Last year it was in 117th position among 188 nations and the scenario collapsed to144 among 191 countries in February 2016.
- Reliance-Jio has offered to provide free Wifi for how many stadiums for T-20 Worldcup matches?
D.7Answer : B) 6
Explanation : Mukesh Ambani led Reliance-Jio group has announced to offer free Wi-Fi services across 6 stadiums in the country ahead of the T-20 World cup.
- Which automobile company gets a place for itself in the Special Economic Zone of Tamil Nadu?
D.MahindraAnswer : C) Ford Motors
Explanation : Ford Motors gets approval from Central government to set up Global Technology and business Centre in an IT/ ITES Special Economic Zone in Tamilnadu.
- Which ountry has decided to launch its probe on Mars in 2021?
D.IndiaAnswer : C) China
Explanation : China plans to land a probe on Mars in 2021 that coincide with the 100 th anniversary of founding of the ruling communist Party of china and a decade after its first failed mission in 2011.
- Which tennis player is suspended for failing in Drug test after Australian open?
D.Ana IvanovicAnswer : B) Maria Sharapova
Explanation : Russian Tennis great Maria Sharapova officially suspended from March 12 after failing drug test at Australian Open, the highest paid female athlete had failed a drug test at the Australian Open due to Meldonium which she has been consuming for a decade.
- Which Cricketer has signed contract with Revital H to be its ambassador?
D.Suresh RainaAnswer : C) M.S.Dhoni
Explanation : Mumbai based Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited has appointed Indian Cricketer and Captain MS Dhoni as the Brand ambassador for its top selling health supplement Revital H.
- Who has been conferred with France’s Highest civilian Award during his recent visit to Paris?
A.Saudi Arabian Prince
D.Indian PMAnswer: A) Saudi Arabian Prince
Explanation : Saudi Crown Prince Muhammad bin Nayef bin Abdulaziz has received the Legion of Honour Award-France’s highest civil award during his visit to Paris.