Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- The government has allotted 6284 crores for highway projects. Who is the minister of Roadways?
a) Nitin Gadkari
b) Rajnath Singh
c) Piyush Goyal
d) Prakash JavadekarAnswer: a) Nitin Gadkari
Explanation: Union government has approved 11 highway projects with a total length of about 453 km and worth of Rs 6,284 crore for various states. Union Minister of Roadways- Nitin Gadkari
- The Union government has extended the Udaan scheme till?
d) 2020-23Answer: c) 2019-20
Explanation: The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, led by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its approval for extension of time period of the Udaan Scheme for Jammu & Kashmir till 2019-20 from the earlier time period of 2015-16.
- According to the Swachh bharat rankings which building is the top among cleanest buildings?
a) Nirvachan Sadhan
b) Rashtrapathi Bhavan
c) Jaipur House
d) Jaisalmer HouseAnswer: b) Rashtrapathi Bhavan
Explanation: Rashtrapati Bhavan and UPSC building have got full marks to be stated as the cleanest buildings in a survey, however Nirvachan Sadan, Jaipur House, Jamnagar House, Jaisalmer House and AGCR Building found their place at the bottom of the list of 36 such buildings.
- Which are the two transport corporations to get Electric buses?
a) Himachal and Mumbai
b) Haryana & Punjab
c) Andhra Pradesh & Tamilnadu
d) Delhi & MaharashtraAnswer: a) Himachal and Mumbai
Explanation: Himachal Road Transport Corporation and Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority to introduce zero-emission retrofitted electric buses under its flagship scheme Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid & Electric Vehicles in India (FAME India)
- How many gram panchayats in Chhattisgarh have been declared ‘open defecation free’?
d) 110Answer: d) 110
Explanation: 110 gram panchayats in Chhattisgarh were declared open defecation-free under the Centre’s Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, taking the total number of such villages in the state to 1,849.
- Which of the following Indian has been in the list of contenders for TIME’s most influential people?
a) Saina Nehwal
b) Sania Mirza
c) Mithali Raj
d) Mary gomAnswer: b) Sania Mirza
Explanation: The popular magazine across the globe, TIME has released its contenders for the top most influential people in the world. India must feel proud having PM Modi, tennis player Sania and Bollywood actress Priyanka in the list
- Which of the private sector bank has tied up with NHBC for collateral management and warehousing?
a) Karur Vysya Bank
b) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
d) ICICIAnswer: b) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
Explanation: Sector lender Lakshmi Vilas Bank kept its alliance with National Bulk Handling Corporation Private Limited (NBHC), a major Agri-Infrastructure player for collateral management and warehousing services
- Which Australian cricketer has announced his retirement from T-20 games after T-20 World cup?
a) Shane Watson
b) David Warner
c) James Faulkner
d) Steve SmithAnswer: a) Shane Watson
Explanation: Australia all-rounder Shane Watson has decided that he will end his international career after the Ongoing ICC World Twenty20 in India
- Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley launched the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana on 22 March 2016 from which city?
d) PatnaAnswer: c) Mumbai
Explanation: The Union government’s scheme to revamp the farmers by providing crop insurance known as the Fasal BimaYojana and Unified Package Insurance scheme was launched by the Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in Mumbai
- Which country became a dialogue partner of the Beijing-based regional security grouping, Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) on 22 March 2016?
d) Sri LankaAnswer: c) Nepal
Explanation: Nepal has joined the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation as a dialogue partner.Joining SCO, Nepal will enjoy the benefit of mutual cooperation with the other member nations of SCO.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 23 March 2016 inaugurated broadband connectivity to North Eastern States via which country?
d) BangladeshAnswer: d) Bangladesh
Explanation: PM Narendra Modi, inaugurated a transmission line from Tripura that will supply 100 MW power to Bangladesh. In return, Bangladesh expressed their contribution by providing 10GB Internet Bandwidth to India. The Internet will be available in the north-eastern states.
- Identify the organization that prepared a standardized electronic format for information exchange on Base Erosion and Profit Sharing (BEPS) to help tax authorities on 22 March 2016.
a) Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
b) Agency for Cooperation and Research in Development (ACORD)
c) International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD)
d) International Monetary Fund (IMF)Answer: a) OECD
Explanation: The Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development has made a standardised electronic format for the exchange of Country-by-Country (CbC) Reports between jurisdictions to ensure swift and efficient implementation of the BEPS measures.
- The World Tuberculosis Day was observed on 24 March 2016 with the theme
a) Unite to End TB
b) Gear up to End TB
c) Stop TB in my lifetime
d) Transforming the fightAnswer: a) Unite to end TB
Explanation: World Tuberculosis Day is being celebrated worldwide that aims to raise public awareness of tuberculosis and the efforts made to eliminate the disease. The theme of World TB Day 2016 is “Unite to End Tuberculosis”.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on 23 March 2016 inaugurated the export of how much power from India to Bangladesh?
a) 300 MW
b) 200 MW
c) 100 MW
d) 400 MWAnswer: c) 100 MW
Explanation: PM Narendra Modi, inaugurated a transmission line from Tripura that will supply 100 MW power to Bangladesh.
- Which one of the following is not the founding member of Ashgabat Agreement that was in news in March 2016?
d) IranAnswer: a) Kazakhstan
Explanation: The Union government has given its approval to the Ashgabat agreement which facilitates transport of goods between Central Asia and Persian Gulf. Founding members: Oman, Iran, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
- Union Cabinet approved the 1500 million US dollar project of World Bank to support Swachh Bharat Mission – Gramin (SBM-G) that seeks to achieve universal sanitation coverage in rural areas by the year
d) 2021Answer: c) 2019
Explanation: World Bank proposed a $ 1.5 billion dollar as funding to the clean India campaign popularly known as the Swachh Bharat in rural areas by 2019.
- Union Cabinet on 23 March 2016 gave post-facto approval to the MoU on mobilizing long term investment into the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) with which country?
a) Saudi Arabia
d) United Arab Emirates (UAE)Answer: d) UAE
Explanation: India signed an agreement with UAE in fields of Infrastructure development with the NIIF.
- Union Cabinet on 23 March 2016 gave the approval for MoU on agriculture with which country?
d) LatviaAnswer: c) Lithuania
Explanation: India and Lithuania signed a MoU in the field of agriculture and the agreement proposes to include horticulture, post-harvest management, organic farming, cold chain development and agro processing industry, animal husbandry, dairying and aquaculture etc.