Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Telecom engineer and inventor Sam Pitroda has been designated as the Technical Advisor to which state government ?
Answer – B.Odisha
Explanation – Odisha Govt has designated Sam Pitroda as its Technical Advisor. He will be responsible for the IT Enabled Services sectors of the state & will play key role in formulation Vision 2036 for [email protected]
- 42nd People’s Choice Awards 2016 for Favourite Actress in New TV series has been conferred upon which of the following ?
Answer – C.Priyanka Chopra
Explanation – Priyanka becomes the first Indian actor to register a win at the People’s Choice Awards, who has conferred with Favourite Actress in New TV series award for her leading role in American TV thriller series “Quantico”.
- Union Cabinet has apprised of the protocol signed with which country in the field of heavy industry for industrial cooperation and facilities construction ?
D.Central African Republic
Answer – C.Czech Republic
Explanation – Union Cabinet has been apprised of the protocol signed earlier between India and Czech Republic in the field of heavy industry. It includes the intent for modernization of the existing facilities in India by the Czech companies, including modernization of three plants set up with Czech support in the early 1960’s.
- In how many states, Ministry of Urban Development has approved city level Service Level Improvement Plans (SLIPs) for 469 cities and towns ?
Answer – B.20
Explanation – Ministry of Urban Development has approved city level Service Level Improvement Plans (SLIPs) for 469 cities and towns in 20 States with a total project expenditure of Rs.20,137 cr out of which central assistance will be about Rs.10,000 cr.
- Which of the following will replace Aamir Khan as an “Incredible India” ambassador ?
Answer – C.Amitabh Bachchan
Explanation – Incredible India campaign has appointed Bollywood veteran actor Amitabh Bachchan as its new spokesperson for a period of three years. He has also featured for the tourism campaign of Gujarat.
- Shakti-2016, a counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency joint exercise between India-France began in which state ?
Answer – D.Rajasthan
Explanation – Indian and French troops commenced their 8 days counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency joint exercise at the Mahajan field firing range in Bikaner, Rajasthan.
- Which of the following Life Insurance company has launched micro term insurance plan with return of premium option ?
A.Birla Sun Life Insurance
B.IDBI Federal Life Insurance
C.Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
D.Bharti AXA Life Insurance
Answer – C.Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
Explanation – Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance has launched micro term insurance plan Bajaj Allianz Bima Dhan Suraksha Yojana with return of premium option. Minimum premium of is capped at Rs 1,500 annually or Rs 200 monthly.
- Ministry of Urban Development has approved the Atal Mission plans for which of the following two states ?
A.Jharkhand & Kerala
B.Punjab & Haryana
C.Uttarakhand & Bihar
D.Punjab & Uttarakhand
Answer – D.Punjab & Uttarakhand
Explanation – The Ministry of Urban Development has approved the Atal Mission plans for Punjab and Uttarakhand for 2015-16. Punjab will invest 720 cr in improving basic urban infrastructure in 16 cities while Uttarakhand will spend 267 cr in 6 cities under action plans.
- As per updated FIFA world rankings, Indian National football team has been ranked at which place ?
Answer – B.163
Explanation – Indian National football team has climbed 3 steps above & reached at 163rd after SAFF Cup win over Afghanistan. The list hs been topped by Belgium.
- Which of the following bank has been partnered with FINO PayTech to venture into the payments bank space ?
Answer – B.ICICI
Explanation – ICICI Bank partnered with FINO PayTech to venture into the payments bank space. As per RBI regulation, universal banks can invest up 30% in payments banks but ICICI can increase its stake if there is a requirement.
- In a bid to expand footprint, Bharat Heavy Electricals (BHEL) has commissioned two 220/20kV substations in which country ?
Answer – D.Afghanistan
Explanation – Bhel has commissioned two 220/20kV substations in Afghanistan, that are part of the 220 kV Pul-e-Khumri – Kabul transmission system and will provide power to Charikar and Doshi sites and their neighbouring areas.
- Asian Cricket Council (ACC) has appointed which of the following as its chief ?
Answer – D.Thilanga Sumathipala
Explanation – Thilanga Sumathipala, who was recently elected as the President of Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC), has also become the head of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC). He will succeed Sri Lankan Jayantha Dharmadasa.
- INS Kadmatt, an anti-submarine warfare corvette has been inducted into which Naval Command of Indian Navy ?
A.Andaman and Nicobar Command
B.Southern Naval Command
C.Western Naval Command
D.Eastern Naval Command
Answer – D.Eastern Naval Command
Explanation – INS Kadmatt, the second ship of Project 28 (P28) class anti-submarine warfare (ASW) corvettes has been inducted into the Eastern Naval Command of Indian Navy. The ship is commanded by Commander Mahesh Chandra Moudgil.
- As per Badminton World Federation (BWF), which of the following tops in junior men’s singles category ranking ?
Answer – C.Siril Verma
Explanation – Siril Verma occupied the number one spot in junior men’s singles category in the Badminton World Federation (BWF) rankings. In women’s singles Saina Nehwal ranked 2nd.
- Madras Fertilizers Ltd has appointed which of the following as its Chairman and Managing Director ?
C.I Vijay Kumar
Answer – B.AB Khare
Explanation – Centre has appointed AB Khare as the Chairman and Managing Director of the state-run Madras Fertilizers Ltd for a five-year term. He will succeed I Vijay Kumar.