Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which of the following Indians is not named in the “50 World’s Wealthiest People” which is released by Wealth-X ?
Answer – C.Hinduja Brothers
Explanation – As per the list released by wealth-tracking website Wealth-X in collaboration with Business Insider, 3 Indians named in the list viz. Mukesh Ambani, Azim premji and Dilip Shangvi.
- Recently Government has approved to enhance the authorized share capital of the National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation to how much amount ?
A.Rs. 1100 crore
B.Rs. 1000 crore
C.Rs. 2100 crore
D.Rs. 1200 crore
Answer – D.Rs. 1200 crore
Explanation – Government has given its stamp of approval to enhance the authorized share capital of the National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSFDC) from Rs. 1000 crore to Rs. 1200 crore. NSFDC is a Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) working under the aegis of the Union Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- GOI and ADB has signed a loan agreement of how much worth that will be used for the indrastructural developments in north eastern cities ?
Answer – B.$80 million
Explanation – In a bid to improve the infrastructure of nation’s two north eastern capital cities, GOI has signed loan concord of $80million with Manila, Philippines headquartered Asian Development Bank (ADB) as a part of North Eastern Region Capital cities Development Investment Program.
- Intelsat’s next generation satellite Intelsat 29e, which is having most advanced digital payload was launched by which of the following Launch vehicle ?
Answer – C.Ariane
Explanation – Communications satellite services provider Intelsat’s next generation satellite Intelsat 29e, which is having most advanced digital payload, was successfully launched from French Guiana aboard an Ariane 5 vehicle.
- Which of the following has cliched the 12th Sub-Junior National Snooker championship title ?
Answer – D.Ishika Shah
Explanation – The National sub-junior snooker title has been clinched by Ishika Shah (14) by defeating Anushi Seth with 50-2, 50-33. The championship was held in Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
- Recently, Govt has issued first list of 20 smart cities. It has included how many capital cities ?
Answer – B.5
Explanation – Recently, Union Cabinet has publicized the names of the first 20 urban areas that will be developed as smart cities including 5 capital cities.
- Recently, Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved the Hybrid Annuity Model for implemeting highway projects. As a part of model, govt will contribute to what % of project cost ?
Answer – C.40%
Explanation – In a bid to provide better connectivity and attract investment, CCEA has approved Hybrid Annuity Model, as a part of which government will provide 40% of the project cost to the developer to start work while the remaining investment has to be made by the developer.
- As per Thai Rice Exporters Association, which of the following country has emerged as the world’s largest Rice exporter ?
Answer – D.India
Explanation – As per the Bangkok based Thai Rice Exporters Association, India has outpaced Thailand as the world’s largest rice exporter in 2015, shipping 10.23 million tonnes of rice.
- Which of the following company has acquired global consulting and technology services company KBACE Technologies ?
Answer – B.Cognizant
Explanation – US-based Cognizant has acquired KBACE Technologies, a global consulting and technology services company for an undisclosed amount.
- Newly-launched pleasure cruise has appointed which of the following as its brand ambassador ?
Answer – C.Sachin Tendulkar
Explanation – Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar accredited as the brand ambassador of a newly-launched pleasure cruise along with his former Australian opponents, Shane Warne and Brett Lee.
- Social Justice and Empowerment, Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot has launched a job portal Persons with Disabilities (PwDs). Govt has set a target to skill 5 lakh PwDs in next how many years ?
Answer – D.3 years
Explanation – In a bid to provide facilities to Persons with Disabilities (PwDs), Social Justice and Empowerment, Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot initiated a job portal www.disabilityjobs.gov.in. for them. Government has given very high priority to skill training programme for Persons with Disabilities and has a target for skilling five lakh persons in next 3 years.
- Which of the following state government has launched a dedicated helpline for journalists to help and assist the media persons ?
Answer – B.Uttar Pradesh
Explanation – Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav on launched a dedicated helpline for journalists with number 1880 help and assist the media persons. It will be managed by the state’s Information and Public Relation Department.
- Arindam Sen Gupta, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
Answer – C.Journalist
Explanation – Arindam Sen Gupta (61), managing editor of The Times of India passed away due to the cancer. Hw worked with Probe magazine, The Patriot and The Sunday Observer, before holding senior editorial positions at The Economic Times and later The Times of India.
- Birth anniversary of Lala Lajpat Rai observes on which date ?
Answer – D.January 28
Explanation – 28th January 2016 is celebrated as the 150th birth anniversary of the greatest Indian freedom fighter Lala Lajpat Rai. He was born in Dhudike, Punjab on 28 January 1865.
- Ranbir Chopra, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following game ?
Answer – C.Basketball
Explanation – The first captain of the independent Indian basketball team Ranbir Chopra was died on January 25. He was the captain of Indian team at the first Asian Games, in Delhi in 1951.