Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- In accordance with the Hurun Report 2016, which country has topped the list Hurun Global Rich List 2016 ?
D.ChinaAnswer – D.China
Explanation – In accordance with the Hurun Report 2016, India introduces 27 new billionaires, thereby sat at 3rd position. It is ranked behind China which stood as chart lead with 568 billionaires.
- In accordance with the 18th Mercer Quality of Life study, which city has topped the list in Indian cities for best livable city ?
D.BangaloreAnswer – C.Hyderabad
Explanation – In accordance with the 18th Mercer Quality of Life study, Hyderabad is the India’s best city to live
- Federal Republic of Germany’s prestigious “Cross of the Order of Merit” has been bestowed upon which of the following ?
C.Anand Singh Bawa
D.Goverdhan MehtaAnswer – D.Goverdhan Mehta
Explanation – Federal Republic of Germany’s prestigious “Cross of the Order of Merit” has been bestowed upon the Padma Shri awardee Goverdhan Mehta, a well-known researcher in Chemical Sciences & former Vice-Chancellor of the University of Hyderabad.
- Recently, Union cabinet has approved the agreement on avoidance of double taxation for with which of the following country ?
D.MalaysiaAnswer – C.Maldives
Explanation – Union cabinet approved the agreement which will avoid double taxation for International airline enterprises in Maldives and India.
- The Department of bio-technology of Ministry of Science & Technology has inked pact with which of the following country in research on Crop Sciences ?
D.United KingdomAnswer – D.United Kingdom
Explanation – The Department of bio-technology of Ministry of Science & Technology and UK’s top research institute signed a MoU for collaboration for research on Crop Sciences.
- In Rail Budget 2016-17, which of the following life insurance company agreed to fund Rs 1.5 lakh ?
D.NIAAnswer – C.LIC
Explanation – Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has agreed to fund Rs 1.5 lakh crore over next 5 years on “very favourable terms” for development of various commercially viable projects.
- Cabinet has approved how much worth for the development of Chabahar port in Republic of Iran ?
D.$350 millionAnswer – B.$150 million
Explanation – The cabinet approved $150 million for development of Chabahar port in Republic of Iran which will facilitate trade route to Afghanistan bypassing Pakistan.
- In accordance with the independent report published by Ernst & Young, which country is named as the FinTech capital of the world ?
Explanation – An Independent report published by Ernst & Young ranked Britain as the first among FinTech cities of the world after a after detail analysis and opinions from 65 FinTech experts.
- Which of the following bank launches first of its kind “ESmart SME” to offer E-Commerce startups ?
D.SBIAnswer – D.SBI
Explanation – Country’s largest lender launches SBI ESmart SME to offer E-Commerce startups. SBI also joined hands with Snapdeal which enable sellers to apply loan on the e-commerce platform.
- FINO Paytech has tied up with which company to provide credit to rural areas of Maharastra and Madhya Pradesh ?
D.InfosysAnswer – B.Reliance
Explanation – FINO Paytech has tied up with Reliance Commercial Finance to provide credit to rural areas of Maharastra and Madhya Pradesh.
- Centre has appointed three retired civil servants as Information Commissioner of Central Information Commission. Which of the following is not included in the list ?
C.Divya Prakash Sinha
D.Amitava BhattacharyyaAnswer – A.Rahul Taneja
Explanation – The NDA led Centre appointed three retired civil servants as Information Commissioner of Central Information Commission:
Amitava Bhattacharyya (IAS) -Gujarat -1980
Bimal Julka (IAS) -Madhya Pradesh -1979
Divya Prakash Sinha (IPS) -Manipur -1979
- Which of the following car maker announce the partnership with the International cricket Council as Global Ambassadors ?
D.SuzukiAnswer – B.Nissan
Explanation – Japanese Car maker Nissan announced a new line-up of cricket talent in partnership with the International cricket Council as Global Ambassadors.
- Centre has approved the proposal of establishment of Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) in NITI Aayog. What is the initial corpus for AIM ?
A.Rs 400 crore
B.Rs 500 crore
C.Rs 100 crore
D.Rs 700 croreAnswer – B.Rs 500 crore
Explanation – Centre has approved the Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and Self Employment and Talent Utilisation (SETU) in NITI Aayog with an initial sum of Rs 500 crore and Rs 1,000 crore, respectively.
- Which of the following baby powder company fined with $72 million liable in the ovarian cancer death of a woman ?
C.Johnson & Johnson
D.Leephpl VenturesAnswer – C.Johnson & Johnson
Explanation – Johnson & Johnson to pay fine of $ 72 million liable to ovarian cancer that cost a woman life who used a company’s talcum powder.
- Centre has appointed which of the following as the Chief Justice of the Meghalaya High Court ?
C.Abhay Manohar Sapre
D.Dinesh MaheshwariAnswer – D.Dinesh Maheshwari
Explanation – Justice Dinesh Maheshwari designated as the new Chief Justice of the Meghalaya High Court. He will succeed Uma Nath Singh.