Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
Click Here to Read Current Affairs February 23 2016
- President Pranab Mukherjee has appointed which of the following as the Chief Justice of Orissa High Court ?
A.Justice N V Ramana
B.Justice D.H. Waghela
C.Justice Vineet Saran
D.Justice C. T. Selvam
Answer – C.Justice Vineet Saran
Explanation – President Pranab Mukherjee has designated Justice Vineet Saran as the new Chief Justice of Orissa (Odisha) High Court. He will succeed Justice D H Waghela, who was transferred to be the Chief Justice of Bombay High Court.
- 2016 Nagjee International Club Football Tournament was held at which of the following ?
Answer – C.Kozhikode
Explanation – The 36th edition of the Sait Nagjee Football Tournament was held at Kozhikode, Kerala. FC Dnipro Reserves of Ukraine had grabbed the tournament’s trophy by defeating Atletico Paranaense Reserves of Brazil.
- Tamilian movie “Kanavu Variyam” , which is all set to get prestigious Remi Award in the US has been directed by which of the following ?
Answer – B.Arun Chidambaram
Explanation – Kanavu Variyam, a Tamil movie directed by a Chennai based techie Arun Chidambaram has been selected for the prestigious Remi Award in the US.
- Metropolitan Stock Exchange of India (MSEI) Ltd. has accredited which of the following as its as full-time Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) ?
Answer – B.Udai Kumar
Explanation – Udai Kumar has been appointed as full-time Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Metropolitan Stock Exchange of India (MSEI) Ltd. He is a veteran of the capital and financial markets.
- North Korea has designated which of the following as the new chief of the Korean People’s Army General Staff ?
A.Ri Yong Gil
B.Kim Kyok sik
C.Hyon Yong chol
D.Ri Myong Su
Answer – D.Ri Myong Su
Explanation – North Korea has appointed an 82 year old Ri Myong Su as the new chief of the Korean People’s Army General Staff.
- Sports Person of the Year award has been conferred upon which of the following for the India Sports Awards 2015 ?
Answer – C.Lalita Babar
Explanation – Long distance runner Lalita Babar was named as the Sports Person of the Year in the India Sports Awards 2015. Lalita Babar qualified for Rio Olympics recently in the 3000m steepelchase event and is the current Indian national record holder.
- As per the global think-tank, Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), which nation is the world’s largest arms importer ?
Answer – B.India
Explanation – India again become the leading nation in respect of world’s largest arms importer nation. It accounts for14% of the global imports in the 2011-2015 timeframe.
- Printing and IT solutions firm Ricoh India has bagged an order to supply computer hardware to government schools of which state ?
Answer – C.Odisha
Explanation – Printing and IT solutions firm Ricoh India has bagged an order worth Rs 344 crore from Kerala State Electronics Development Corporation to supply computer hardware to 2,000 government schools in Odisha.
- The fifth edition of “Exercise IBSAMAR” between Brazil, India and South Africa kicked off at which of the following ?
Answer – D.Goa
Explantion – The fifth edition of Exercise IBSAMAR between Brazil, India and South Africa started at Indian west coast with the harbour phase being conducted at Goa.
- 42nd annual Khajuraho Dance Festival commenced in which of the following state ?
Answer – B.Madhya Pradesh
Explanation – The 42nd annual Khajuraho Dance Festival commenced in Chhattarpur district of Madhya Pradesh which is being organised by State’s Department of Culture.
- Which of the following state awarded as “Best State” during India Sports Awards 2015 ?
Answer – B.Gujarat
Explanation – The title of Best state has been conferred upon Gujarat during India Sports Awards 2015.
- Which of the following is India’s first nuclear armed submarine, which is now fully-operational ?
Answer – D.INS Arihant
Explanation – India’s first nuclear armed submarine INS Arihant is now fully-operational after passing several deep sea diving drills as well as weapons launch tests over the past five months.
- Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways formed an Empowered Group of State Transport Ministers. It has been chaired by which of the following ?
D.S S Dhillon
Answer – C.Yunus Khan
Explanation – Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways formed an Empowered Group of State Transport Ministers. The group, chaired by the Rajasthan Transport Minister Yunus Khan, will suggest measures to boost the transport sector, improve the public transport system and minimise road accidents in the country.
- Which of the following district of Kerala has been declared as the second zero landless district ?
Answer – D.Kasaragod
Explanation – Kasaragod district of Kerala has been declared as the second zero landless district, after Kannur. 30,900 plots have been identified for zero landless scheme in Kasargod District.
- Godavari river is having its source at which of the following state ?
Answer – B.Maharashtra
Explanation – Maharashtra State Economic Development Council and Naik Environmental Research Institute Ltd in Nashik have formed a committee to work towards reviving the river Godavari.