Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Recently, which of the following bank has publicized highest ever net loss of Rs 3,342 crore by Public sector bank ?
C.Bank of India
D.Bank of BarodaAnswer – D.Bank of Baroda
Explanation – Vadodara headquarter Bank of Baroda publicized its net loss of Rs 3,342 crore for the December quarter in comparison with Rs 332 crore profit last year. It is considered as the highest-ever quarterly loss by an Indian bank.
- Which of the following Indian University has completed its 100 years of foundation and proposes to felicitate PM Modi with a degree of Doctor of Law ?
D.IIT-DAnswer – C.BNU
Explanation – Established in 1916 by freedom fighter Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya, Banaras Hindu University (BHU) has completed its 100 years of foundation on 13th February 2016. It is all set to bestow Prime Minister Narendra Modi with the degree of Doctor of Law (LLD) (honoris causa) during the convocation which is scheduled to be held on February 22.
- In a bid to make Indian economy as a global manufacturing hub, PM Narendra Modi instigated “Make In India” Week in which of the following city ?
D.MumbaiAnswer – D.Mumbai
Explanation – In a bid to make Indian economy as a global manufacturing hub, PM Narendra Modi instigated “Make In India” Week at MMRDA ground in Mumbai. The Make in India week will conclude on 18 February.
- Peacock, the national bird of India will soon be termed as “vermin” in which of the following state ?
D.Tamil NaduAnswer – B.Goa
Explanation – The peacock, India’s national bird, may soon be termed as vermin Goa. As per state minister, peacocks ause severe damage to crops thats why they should be termed as vermin.
- Recently, CM Jayalalithaa has intiated ‘Amma Kudineer Thittam’ – a new scheme for supplying drinking water to those who cannot afford to buy purified drinking water from private players. She is the CM of which of the following state ?
D.West BengalAnswer – C.Tamil Nadu
Explanation – Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa launched ‘Amma Kudineer Thittam’ – a new scheme for supplying drinking water to those who cannot afford to buy purified drinking water from private players.
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa inaugurated a series of projects taken up by Highways and Minor Ports Department of how much worth ?
D.Rs 1,002.02Answer – D.Rs 1,002.02
Explanation – Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa inaugurated a series of projects taken up by Highways and Minor Ports Department, costing Rs 1,002.02 crore that includes construction of new bridges, railway overbridges and buildings.
- Which of the following country’s Prime Minister has announced Cabinet reshuffle ?
D.SpainAnswer – B.Australia
Explanation – Australia’s Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull announced a Cabinet reshuffle after three ministers resigned over scandals.
- Trioka deal has been signed between Canada, US and which of the following to cooperate on climate change ?
D.ItalyAnswer – C.Mexico
Explanation – Canada, the US and Mexico signed a deal on Climate Change and Energy Collaboration. They will also work together to increase policy alignment.
- Recently, US state of Colorado have adopted a joint resolution sponsored by an Indian-American legislator to honour which of the following Indian freedom fighter ?
B.Subhas Chandra Bose
C.B. R. Ambedkar
D.Mahatma GandhiAnswer – D.Mahatma Gandhi
Explanation – Lawmakers in the US state of Colorado have unanimously adopted a joint resolution sponsored by an Indian-American legislator to honour Mahatma Gandhi for dedicating his whole life to fighting injustice through nonviolence and peaceful resistance.
- TERI has appointed which of the following as its new chairman ?
D.Ashok ChawlaAnswer – D.Ashok Chawla
Explanation – TERI board sent its Executive Vice Chairman Dr RK Pachauri on indefinite leave and appointed former finance secretary Ashok Chawla as its new chairman. The council also inducted the new Director General Ajay Mathur as a member of the council.
- O. N. V. Kurup, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
D.ProfessorAnswer – D.Professor
Explanation – Padma Vibhushan awardee, eminent Malayalam poet, lyricist, professor and environmentalist O N V Kurup passed away due to cardiac arrest. He was 84.
- Which of the follwoing has been recently designated to the rank of Air Marshal ?
C.Rajiv Dayal Mathur
D.NAK BrowneAnswer – C.Rajiv Dayal Mathur
Explanation – Air Vice Marshal Rajiv Dayal Mathur, who was Assistant Chief of Air Staff in charge of the air warfare strategy cell, has been promoted to the rank of Air Marshal. He had been awarded the Vishisht Seva Medal in 2003 and Ati Vishisht Seva Medal in 2014.
- Which of the following has acquired BandPage a startup that lets artists sell concert tickets, merchandise, and exclusive fan experiences ?
D.MicrosoftAnswer – B.YouTube
Explanation – YouTube acquired BandPage, a startup that lets artists sell concert tickets, merchandise, and exclusive fan experiences, for $8 million.
- Shubhlabh Services Ltd. is the subsidiary of which of the following company ?
D.MahindraAnswer – D.Mahindra
Explanation – The board of directors of Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd (M&M) approved a proposal to transfer the company’s agri-business to its 100 per cent subsidiary, Mahindra Shubhlabh Services Ltd., (MSSL) to bring it under one entity for focused growth.
- Which of the following bollywood actress has awarded the “Pride of Kerala” award by the World Malayalee Council and Kairali TV ?
D.Deepika PadukoneAnswer – C.Vidya Balan
Explanation – Bollywood actress Vidya Balan has been awarded the “Pride of Kerala” award by the World Malayalee Council and Kairali TV.