Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Who signs the Paris agreement from India side at the high level signature ceremony that the agreement adopted at the 21st conference of Parties?
A.Prime Minister Narendra Modi
B.External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj
C.Home Minister Rajnath Singh
D.Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar
Answer – D.Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar
Climate Change Conference COP-21 was held in Paris, where 19 countries accepted and Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved for Signing the Paris agreement Environment Minister signs on 22nd April 2016.
- Culture and Tourism Minister Mahesh Sharma unveiled the 18feet tall Finial at which City as part of the ongoing Conservation effort?
A.Gateway of India, Mumbai
B.Silicon Valley, Bengaluru
C.Pink City, Jaipur
D.Humayun’s Tomb, New Delhi
Answer – D.Humayun’s Tomb, New Delhi
The Tomb is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and it is an authentic replica of the Humayun’s tomb Kalash. The Humayun’s Tomb is model of the 18-feet tall structure weighs about 300-kg finial made of 4 percent pure copper and plated with 3.5 kg of 24-carat gold.
- Union Minister for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences Dr. Hasha Vardhan visits which state to unveil DBT created Biotech Infrastructure facility at ICAR?
Answer – B.Nagaland
The Minister inaugurated DBT created Biotech Infrastructure facility at ICAR- National Research Centre on Mithun, Jharnapani and Twinning Network Project on Chemical Ecology of North Eastern Region at Nagaland Science and Technology Council.
- BJP led Union Government has merged Rajiv Gandhi Khel Abiyan with which scheme which is based on the Gujarat’s model of “Khel Mahakumbh”?
Answer – A.Khelo India
The Union Government has merged Rajiv Gandhi Khel Abhiyan with Khelo India and also merged another two sport projects which were launched during UPA Government. Features: 27 disciplines where sports person from schools and colleges can participate and conducting summer camps.
- Union Government signed Memorandum of Understanding with which country on Technical Cooperation and Infrastructure Engineering?
Answer – C.Bhutan
India inks MoU with Bhutan on Technical Cooperation in the Field of Capacity Building, Benchmarking and Bilateral Exchange in Infrastructure Engineering. The India-Bhutan friendship treaty signed in New Delhi in 2007 which strengthens the mutual relations.
- Which one of the following agreement was signed between Union and National Socialist Council of Nagaland to extend another year to bring peace in the state?
C.Hill trekking agreement
Answer – B.Ceasefire agreement
Union Government and National Socialist Council of Nagaland have mutually agreed to extend the Cease Fire Agreement by another year with effect from April 28 and the agreement would bring lasting peace in the State with involvement of Naga People.
- Which Government has notified the Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojana to afford houses which facilitates to create additional housing stock in the low and medium potential towns?
Answer – C.Haryana
Haryana State government has notified the Affordable Plotted Housing Policy 2016 for low and medium standard towns under Deen Dayal Jan Awas YojanA. Providing Houses with additional affordable housing stock in the low and medium potential towns of the state.
- India ranks____________ position in the Press freedom index ranking published by Reporters Without Borders in 2016?
Answer – C.133
India gains at 133 among 180 countries in the recent annual meeting of World Press freedom Index and there is improvement in the rank whereas 136th in 2015. Finland retains its first position for the sixth consecutive year, Netherlands and Norway gains successive positions
- Punjab State Chief Minister Parkash Badal distributed the ___________ cards to Farmers under Bhagat Puran Singh Sehat Bima Yojana.
Answer – D.Health Insurance
Government of Punjab to begin the process of issuing 303074 pre-active cashless Farmers Health Insurance and Individuals and dependents would get health cover upto Rs. 50,000 for their treatment and compensation of Rs. 5 Lakhs in case of death of the dead or 100% disability of the Head of Family.
- Which organization has won 100th Pulitzer prize in the section of Journalism under the category of Public Service?
A.New York Times
C.The Boston Globe
D.The New Yorker
Answer – B.Associated Press
Awarded for achievements in newspaper and online journalism, literature and musical composition in United States. Prizes are awarded in 20 categories yearly. Award: A Certificate and $ 10,000 Cash Award, and winner in the public service category of the journalism is awarded a gold medal as well.
- Silicon Valley’s Legendary ‘Coach’ has passed away in April 2016. Identify the Name.
Answer – B.Bill Campbell
A former Ivy League football coach Bill Campbell passed away at the age of 75. He was the management guru for Apple co-founder Steve Jobs and other Silicon Valley luminaries and he garnered the name “The Coach” for the sage advice and counsel.
- Our Indian Hockey National Junior team decides to withdraw from which cup due to Injury concerns?
C.Hockey World cup
D.None of the Above
Answer – B.Johar Cup
Hockey India to withdraw the National junior team from the annual Sultan of Johor Cup to be held this year due to injury concerns. The sixth edition of the Sultan Johor cup is to be held from October 31 to November 6 at Johor Bahru in Malaysia.
- Who has been appointed as Board Control for Cricket in India as CEO?
Answer – C.Rahul Johri
Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has appointed Rahul Johri as its new CEO, in line with the recommendations of the Supreme Court-appointed Lodha Committee.
- US president Barack Obama nominates Indian-American ___________as US envoy to Chad.
Answer – B.Geeta Pasi
Geeta Pasi is at present the Director of the Office of Career Development and Assignments in the Bureau of Human Resources at the Department of State. She served as US Ambassador to Djibouti from 2011 to 2014.
- United States think-tank Atlantic council has launched an India US trade initiative to strengthen economic ties and trade target of ______________ billion.
Answer – D.$500
A top US think-tank Atlantic Council has launched an India-US trade initiative to strengthen economic ties and meet the two countries’ bilateral trade target of $500 billion. To generate American support for continued economic engagement in India and to forge collaboration on issues of trade and commerce.