We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 9 August 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs August 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Click here for Current Affairs 7 & 8 August 2022
MoCA Minister Flagged off the First Flight of Akasa Air from Mumbai to Ahmedabad
On August 7, 2022, the Union Minister Jyotiraditya Madhavrao Scindia, Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA), along with MoCA Minister of State (MoS) General Vijay Kumar Singh (Retd.) virtually flagged off the first flight of Akasa Air between Mumbai (Maharashtra)-Ahmedabad (Gujarat) route.
- It has an initial network in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru (Karnataka), Mumbai, and Kochi (Kerala).
- The airline code of Akasa Air is QP.
i.In the inaugural phase it will offer 28 weekly flights. After August 13, 2022, it will start operating an additional 28 weekly flights between Bengaluru and Kochi; Bengaluru-Mumbai from August 19; and Chennai-Mumbai from September 15.
ii.Bookings for flights are available via the mobile app, and its website www.akasaair.com.
iii.The founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Akasa Air is Vinay Dube.
iv.It should be noted that this airline is backed by investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, and aviation veteran Aditya Ghosh, along with Vinay Dube.
v.It is a brand of SNV Aviation Private Limited which is headquartered at Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Indian Army’s ADB & DFI Sign MoU to Develop High-Impact Drones; Launches ‘Him Drone-a-thon’ Programme
The Army Design Bureau (ADB) and the Drone Federation of India (DFI) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to develop high-impact drones for Indian soldiers.
- According to the MoU, DFI and ADB will work together on the roadmap planning, research, testing, manufacturing, and adoption of drones, counter-drones, and related technologies that the Indian Army will use in its operations.
In accordance with Atmanirbharta in the field of defence manufacture, the Indian Army and DFI launched the “Him Drone-a-thon” programme on August 08, 2022.
Aim: To stimulate and offer focused opportunities for the Indian drone ecosystem to build ground-breaking drone capabilities for serving the needs of frontline troops.
i.The ‘Him Drone-a-thon’ programme is a Pan-India collaboration amongst all stakeholders, including industry, academia, software developers, and drone product manufacturers.
About Indian Army:
Chief of the Army Staff – General Manoj Pande
Founded – 1895
>> Read Full News
BANKING & FINANCE
Global Pay: American Express launches Cross Border Payments
American Express launched a cross-border payments platform ‘Global Pay’ for Small to Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs) customers seeking an international payment solution.
- It will act as a digital solution that will let US businesses make secure domestic and international B2B (Business to Business) payments.
i.Eligible customers can also earn rewards points on foreign exchange payments.
ii.Global Pay is open to eligible American Express Small Business Card Members in the US.
iii.It will enable business customers to send payments funded from their business bank account to their suppliers in more than 40 countries with 12 currencies.
iv.It will offer same-day payments, an integrated user experience and world-class rewards.
v.This launch follows the survey conducted by American Express in June 2022 of more than SMBs.
About American Express:
Chairman And Chief Executive Officer (CEO)– Stephen J. Squeri
Headquarters– New York, United States (US)
HDFC Bank Raises up to USD 300 million in NRE deposits
HDFC Bank has raised up to USD 300 million in Non-Resident External (NRE) deposits, offering up to 50 basis points(A basis point is 0.01%) more than the prevailing rates.
The Middle East led the list of new Non-resident Indian (NRI) depositors while Asia and Europe have also contributed.
- On 6th July 2022, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) permitted banks to garner Foreign Currency Non-Resident Account (FCNR) (B) and NRE deposits from the Indian diaspora without any interest rate cap. The relaxations are available until October 31 and November 4, respectively.
- RBI has also relaxed rules for external commercial borrowings, seeking to arrest the outflow of funds and ease pressure on the rupee.
Indian Bank & SRM University-AP signs MoU to lend ~Rs 50 crore for start-ups
Indian Bank has signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with the SRM University, Andhra Pradesh(AP) to Lend up to 50 Crores for Start-ups incubated at Hatchlab Research Centre, Technology Business Incubator(TBI) of SRM University-AP.
- Indian Bank has collaborated with Hatchlab Research Centre, TBI of SRM University-AP to launch ‘IND Spring Board’, an initiative for financing start-ups and MSMEs.
- This one of its kind collaboration in AP will further strengthen the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector.
Union Bank sets up “RACE” as its goal of 2022; plans to be among top 3 PSBs
A Manimekhalai, Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Union Bank of India (UBI)- the first Woman chief of UBI, has announced that UBI has set RACE – grow RAM (retail, agriculture and MSME) loans, improve Asset quality, increase CASA (current account, savings account deposits) and increase Earnings – as its goal for 2022. The bank, 5th Largest public sector bank (PSB) in India, plans to become one among the top 3 PSBs.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Ladakh honoured 14th Dalai Lama with its Highest Civilian Award ‘Ladakh dPal rNgam Dusdon Award 2022
On August 5 2022, During the UT Ladakh Declaration Day, Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama, the Tibetan spiritual leader was honoured with the highest civilian honour of Ladakh, ‘dPal rNgam Duston award’ conferred by the Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council (LAHDC), Leh. He received the 6th Ladakh dPal rNgam Duston award for his immense contribution towards humanity, especially in Ladakh, Union Territory (UT).
- UT Ladakh Declaration Day, Ladakh dPal rNgam Dusdon 2022 was celebrated with the theme “The Glory of Ltsangpo Singe Khababs”.
i.The ceremony was held by the UT Administration at Sindhu Ghat, on the banks of the mighty Indus River, which is known as the Sengé Tsangpo in Tibetan, near Leh.
ii.It is celebrated towards the remarkable contribution and achievement of the heroes of Ladakh and seeks to instil a sense of pride in the younger generation.
About Dalai Lama:
i.The 14th Dalai Lama is an 87-year-old spiritual leader born on 6th July 1935, who has been visiting Ladakh since July 2022.
ii.The Dalai Lamas are believed to be manifestations of Avalokiteshvara or Chenrezig, the Bodhisattva of Compassion and the patron saint of Tibet.
iii.Bodhisattvas are beings inspired by a wish to attain Buddhahood for the benefit of all beings, who are to be reborn in the world to help humanity.
About the award:
i.On the fourth anniversary of the granting of Union Territory (UT) status to Ladakh in 2019, Ladakh dPal rNgam Dusdon Award is celebrated commemorating the historical importance of Ladakh.
ii.The Award was given in recognition of His Holiness’s all-encompassing compassion, his promotion of peace and harmony and his efforts to preserve Tibet’s rich Buddhist cultural heritage.
iii.This day also incidentally marked the 400th anniversary of the accession of King Sengé Namgyal to the throne of the then Kingdom of Ladakh.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Jagdeep Dhankhar Elected as 14th Vice President of IndiaNational Democratic Alliance(NDA) candidate and a former West Bengal Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar has won the 16th Vice President elections with 528 votes out of the 710 valid votes against Margaret Alva and became the 14th Vice President of India.
Jagdeep Dhankhar will take the oath of office on 11th August 2022, a day after the term of the incumbent Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu comes to end.
About Jagdeep Dhankhar:
Jagdeep Dhankhar was born in 1951 in Kithana village in Jhunjhunu district, Rajasthan and has been described as Kisan-Putra (farmer’s son) by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- He joined BJP in 2008 and was appointed as the Governor of West Bengal in 2019.
- He was the second leader from Rajasthan after Bhairon Singh Shekhawat to get elected the vice-president of India.
Chess: Arkady Dvorkovich re-elected as FIDE President; India’s Viswanathan Anand elected as FIDE Deputy President
Arkady Dvorkovich of Russia was re-elected for a 2nd term as the President of the International Chess Federation (Fédération Internationale des Échecs – FIDE) with 157 votes out of 179 National Chess Associations voted in the meeting held in India.
- India’s Grandmaster Viswanathan Anand, 5-time World Chess Champion has been elected as the new Deputy President of FIDE.
- The FIDE elections took place during the FIDE General Assembly held in Chennai, Tamil Nadu(India) alongside the 44th Chess Olympiad.
- Arkady Dvorkovich’s electoral opponent Andrii Baryshpolets, Ukrainian chess grandmaster, receive only 16 votes.
- His second term will also be his last as the President of FIDE.
About Arkady Dvorkovich:
i.Arkady Dvorkovich, born in Moscow, Russia on 26th March 1972, served as the deputy prime minister of Russia under President Vladimir Putin from 2012-2018.
ii.He was first elected as FIDE President in October 2018.
iii.He renewed the FIDE charter and introduced the term limits and other democratic reforms.
iv.He replaced the FIDE Presidential Board with the FIDE council, limiting the President’s power.
Note – FIDE took the 44th Chess Olympiad from Russia and chose India (Chennai) as the venue instead. FIDE also suspended Russia and Belarus from official competitions.
About Viswanathan Anand:
i.Viswanathan Anand became the first ever Grandmaster from India in 1988.
ii.He won the FIDE World Chess Championship in 2000, 2007, 2008, 2010, and 2012.
iii.In April 2006, Anand became the fourth player in history to pass the 2800 Elo mark on the FIDE rating list, after Kramnik, Topalov, and Garry Kasparov.
About International Chess Federation (Fédération Internationale des Échecs – FIDE):
President– Arkady Dvorkovich
Founded in 1924
Headquarters– Lausanne, Switzerland
Motto– “Gens una Sumus” (Latin for “We are one Family”).
Nallathamby Kalaiselvi Becomes First Women Director General of CSIRNallathamby Kalaiselvi, a senior electrochemical scientist has become the first woman director general of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), a consortium of 38 state-run research institutes across India.
- She succeeds Shekhar Mande, who was superannuated in April 2022.
- The appointment is for a period of two years with effect from the date of assumption of charge of the post or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
- She will also hold the charge as the Secretary of the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research(DSIR), Ministry of Science and Technology(MoST).
Note: Following the retirement of Shekhar Mande, Rajesh Gokhale, secretary of the Department of Biotechnology(MoST) was given the additional charge of CSIR.
i.Kalaiselvi from Tirunelveli district of Tamil Nadu, started her career in research as an entry-level scientist at CSIR-CECRI and also made key contributions to the National Mission for Electric Mobility.
ii.She is the present director of the CSIR-Central Electrochemical Research Institute(CECRI) at Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu and is known for her work in the field of lithium ion batteries.
- She became the first woman scientist to head the Central Electrochemical Research Institute (CSIR-CECRI) in February 2019.
iii.She was into research work for more than 25 years which primarily focused on electrochemical power systems, development of electrode materials and electrochemical evaluation of in-house prepared electrode materials for their suitability in energy storage device assembly.
- She is currently involved in the development of Sodium-ion and Lithium-sulphur batteries and supercapacitors.
iv.She was also interested in research towards lithium and beyond lithium batteries, supercapacitors and waste-to-wealth driven electrodes and electrolytes for energy storage and electrocatalytic applications.
- Kalaiselvi has more than 125 research papers and 6 patents to her credit.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
ISRO’s 1st Small Satellite Launch Mission carrying EOS-02 & AzaadiSAT faces Anomalyi.On August 7, 2022, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) launched its first 34 metre tall Small Satellite Launch Vehicle (SSLV) to place an Earth Observation Satellite (EOS-02) and students satellite AzaadiSAT. It was launched from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC), Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh (AP).
- The maiden launching mission of SSLV was called as SSLVD1/EOS-02 mission. Although the first attempt at SSLV was successfull,it failed to reach the intended orbit. SSLV-D1 placed the satellites into 356 km x 76 km elliptical orbit instead of planned 356 km circular orbit. So satellites are no longer usable.
ii.SSLV was developed by ISRO to cater the launch of up to 500 kg satellites to Low Earth Orbits on launch-on-demand basis.
iii.The SSLV is capable of launching Mini, Micro, or Nanosatellites between 10kgs and 500kgs to a 500 kms planar orbit.
iv.EOS-02 is designed by ISRO and offers advanced optical remote sensing operating in infra-red band with high spatial resolution.
v.AzaadiSAT is a 8U Cubesat weighing around 8 kilograms. It carries 75 different payloads each weighing around 50 grams.
About Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO):
Chairman– Sreedhara Panicker Somanath
Headquarters– Bengaluru, Karnataka
>> Read Full News
Intellecap & TRIF Launch Carbon Finance Platform for 1 Million Smallholder Farmers
A National Carbon Finance Platform has been launched by Intellecap and the Transform Rural India Foundation (TRIF), which will encourage Indian smallholder farmers in harnessing climate/carbon finance for sustainable agroforestry and climate smart agriculture.
- Intellecap is the advisory arm of The Aavishkaar Group, which aims to establish enterprises that help underserved segments in Asia and Africa.
- TRIF is a multi-stakeholder platform led by civil society that aims to promote multi-thematic development in most impoverished areas of rural India.
Significance: More than 1 million smallholder farmers will be included in the platform and will receive support and training for agroforestry and climate-smart agriculture activities that can result in carbon sequestration and mitigation.
Significance of A National Carbon Finance Platform
i. It will empower smallholder farmers by raising awareness of carbon projects such as agroforestry, clean cooking, and waste management.
ii.It will improve the technical capacity to devise and implement high-quality carbon projects.
iii. It will help to monetize carbon assets and pre-finance projects and will set rules for fair carbon benefit sharing practices.
iv.It will boost the resilience of vulnerable communities to climate change by improving watersheds, creating cooler microclimates, preventing soil erosion, and enhancing biodiversity.
i. The platform will record different kinds of carbon offset projects in which smallholder farmers can participate and benefit from the monetization of carbon credits.
- These carbon credits are generated in the voluntary carbon market through an independent carbon crediting mechanism.
ii.Target – By 2050, the global voluntary carbon market is projected to be worth USD 200 billion.
iii. The platform is also in negotiation with Indian and global corporations that are interested in supporting smallholder farmers by buying carbon credits from these projects.
CEO of Intellecap – Vikas Bali
Co-Lead of TRIF – Anish Kumar
Australia’s Nick Kyrgios wins Citi Open 2022; Russia’s Liudmila Samsonova won Women’s Title
The 2022 Washington Open/Citi Open was held on August 1-7, 2022 at the William H.G. FitzGerald Tennis Center in Washington, D.C., United States (US). It was the 53rd edition for men and 10th for women.
- It is a tennis tournament which is played on outdoor hard courts.
- It was part of the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) Tour 500 series of the 2022 ATP Tour, Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) 250 of the 2022 WTA Tour and part of the US Open Series leading up to the US Open grand slam in September.
The total prize money for the tournament was $1,953,285.
i.The Men’s singles title was won by Nick Kyrgios (Australia) by defeating Yoshihito Nishioka (Japan) by 6–4, 6–3.
- It was his 7th career singles title.
ii.The Women’s Singles title was grabbed by Liudmila Samsonova (Russia) by defeating Kaia Kanepi (Estonia) by 4–6, 6–3, 6–3.
- This was her second WTA Tour title, and first of the year.
Following table shows the list of winners:
|Men’s Singles||Nick Kyrgios (Australia)||Yoshihito Nishioka (Japan)||6–4, 6–3|
|Women’s Singles||Liudmila Samsonova (Russia)||Kaia Kanepi (Estonia)||4–6, 6–3, 6–3|
|Men’s Doubles||Nick Kyrgios, and Jack Sock (US)||Ivan Dodig (Croatia), and Austin Krajicek (US)||7–5, 6–4|
|Women’s Doubles||Jessica Pegula (US), and Erin Routliffe (New Zealand)||Anna Kalinskaya (Russia), and Caty McNally (US)||6–3, 5–7|
About Citi Open:
Co-founded by Arthur Ashe, Donald Dell, and John A. Harris, in 1969, the annual Citi Open in Washington, D.C. is one of the oldest and most prestigious tournaments on the ATP Tour and one of only 13 ATP 500 tournaments worldwide.
Chennai Prodigy Pranav Becomes India’s 75th Grandmaster
On 7th august 2022 Chennai based 16 year old Chess prodigy V Pranav became India’s 75th Grandmaster (GM) and Tamil Nadu’s (TN’s) 27th by winning the Limpedea Open in Baia Mare, Romania
- Pranav finished the Romanian tournament with 7 points out of 9 to meet the GM norm requirements.
Achievement of Pranav:
i.Prior to Romania, Pranav had obtained his maiden (first) GM norm at the age of 15 by winning the Serbia Open in 2021.
ii.In June 2022 He obtained the 2nd GM norm from Vezerkepzo GM round-robin tourney in Budapest, Hungary in June 2022.
About V Pranav:
i.Pranav is a student of Velammal school, Chennai and has been a three-time State Champion in chess and has also won a Bronze Medal at the World Rapid Event 2021.
ii.With his latest achievement, he joins the league of legendary Chess players from TN including Viswanathan Anand, D Gukesh and R Praggnanandhaa.
iii.Out of other states, Tamil Nadu has a large number of GMs which is followed by Maharashtra with 10 Grandmasters and West Bengal with 9.
Mastercard to replace Paytm as title sponsor for BCCI matches
Mastercard is set to replace Paytm as the title sponsor for all international and domestic cricket matches organised by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
This follows Paytm’s request to reassign the title sponsorship of BCCI, valid till 2023.
Mastercard will be assigned the rights till 2023, as per the original terms of the contract will continue to pay Rs 3.8 crore per match.
- Paytm will pay a re-assignment fee of around Rs 16.3 crore, 5% of the original deal value of Rs 326.8 crore.
- Since 2015, Paytm has been BCCI’s title sponsor and they renewed the contract in August 2019 with a winning bid of Rs 326.80 crore (Rs 3.80 crore per match).
8th National Handloom Day – August 07, 2022
National Handloom Day is observed annually on August 07 in India to honour India’s handloom-weaving community and to highlight the sector’s contribution to India’s socio-economic development.
- August 07, 2022 marks the 8th National Handloom Day.
Every year, the Ministry of Textiles in India hosts an event to commemorate National Handloom Day.
- The Government of India (GoI) designated August 7 of each year as National Handloom Day in 2015.
- On August 7, 2015, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi inaugurated the first National Handloom Day at Madras University’s Centenary Hall in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- The date of August 7 was chosen to honour the Swadeshi Movement, which was launched on this day in 1905 in the Calcutta Town Hall in Kolkata, West Bengal.
About Ministry of Textiles:
Union Minister – Piyush Goyal (Rajya Sabha – Maharashtra)
>> Read Full News
Telangana Introduces First-Of-Its-Kind Insurance Scheme “Nethanna Ku Bima” For Weavers
For the first time in India, the Government of Telangana has introduced the “Nethanna Ku Bima” Scheme, which offers insurance coverage to handloom and powerloom weavers in the State.
- This first-of-its-kind scheme was virtually launched by Telangana’s Handloom Minister, K.T. Rama Rao, on the occasion of National Handloom Day 2022 i.e., August 7, 2022.
Nethanna Ku Bima’ Scheme
i. The ‘NethannaBima’ scheme, modelled after the Rythu Beema scheme, is designed to provide financial assistance to bereaved families of handloom and powerloom weavers.
- More than 80,000 weavers across the state will benefit from this insurance coverage scheme.
- In the instance of a natural or accidental death, Rs. 5 lakh would be deposited into the nominee’s account within 10 days.
ii.The Department of Handlooms and Textiles has been designated by the Government of Telangana as the nodal agency for its implementation.
- For this scheme, Telangana Government has partnered with the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC).
- The annual premium of the beneficiaries will be paid by the government on their behalf to the LIC.
iii. The Telangana Department of Handlooms and Textiles will soon launch Ramappa saris, featuring the exquisite sculptures of the UNESCO World Heritage Site Ramappa Temple.
iv.Special teams from Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, and Odisha visited Telangana to review the execution of Telangana’s schemes such as ChenetaMitra, NethannakuCheyuta, Pavala Vaddi, and 20% Yarn Subsidy.
Note: Telangana’s Chintakindi Mallesham won the Padma Shri award for Science and Engineering in 2017, for his invention of the Laxmi ASU machine to reduce the time and labour necessary to weave Pochampalli silk sarees.
Chief Minister (CM) – Kalvakuntla Chandrashekar Rao (KCR)
Wild Life Sanctuary (WLS) – Eturnagaram WLS, Warangal; Shivaram WLS, Mancherial
Tiger Reserve (TR) – Nagarjunsagar Srisailam TR; Kawal TR; Amrabad TR
Andhra Pradesh Renames Newly Created Konaseema District
The Andhra Pradesh cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy approved the renaming of Konaseema as Dr BR Ambedkar Konaseema district that was carved out of the East Godavari district in the 1st week of April 2022.
- Gazette notification for renaming the district was issued on 19th May 2022.
- It was one of the 13 districts created on April 4 2022, taking the total number of districts in the state to 26.
i.Among other decisions, the cabinet has given approval to disburse Rs 6,594.60 crore under the Jagananna Amma Vodi scheme on 27th June 2022.
ii.Around 43,96,402 beneficiaries (mothers of school-going children), including 5,48,329 fresh applicants, will receive the aid and as many as 82,31,502 children will be benefited from the welfare scheme.
iii.The cabinet has also approved the distribution of tablets to 4.7 lakh Class 8 students under the agreement with Byju’s in government schools.
- The state government is taking measures to implement CBSE syllabus in government schools by 2025.
Note – Among the total Amma Vodi scheme beneficiaries, 54 percent are BCs, 21 percent are SCs, 6 percent are STs and 19 percent are OBCs.
About Andhra Pradesh:
Governor – Biswabhusan Harichandan
Wildlife Sanctuaries – Kaundinya WildLife Sanctuary, Penusila Narasimhaswamy wildlife sanctuary, Kambalakonda WildLife Sanctuary
Tiger Reserves – Nagarjuna Sagar Srisailam Tiger Reserve( retitled as Rajiv Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary 1992).
Delhi LG Launches NDMC’s ‘One Road-One Week’ Initiative
Delhi Lieutenant Governor Vinai Kumar Saxena has launched the ‘One Road-One Week’ initiative of the New Delhi Municipal Council(NDMC) from Tilak Marg and Bhagwan Das road under NDMC.
- Under this initiative, the NDMC will undertake repair and maintenance work along footpaths, pavements and central verges. This also includes footpath repair, pruning of trees, painting of grills, maintenance of roads & new signages, etc.
- Under this initiative, the officials were directed to complete the work of 15 road stretches under the NDMC areas on priority.
Kerala Govt to Launches Online Cab Service “Kerala Savari”
The government of Kerala is set to launch “Kerala Savari”, the government’s own e-taxi service, an alternative to the popular corporate online cab service. This is the first such initiative by any state government in India.
- “Kerala Savari” is an initiative of the Kerala Motor Transport Workers Welfare Fund (KMTWWF) Board under the Labour Department. It is being implemented in coordination with various agencies such as the police, Motor Vehicles Department and state IT Mission. Indian Telephone Industries, Palakkad a public sector organization, provides technical assistance for the project.
- On the eve of the 1st anniversary of the Left Democratic Front (LDF) government, Labour Minster V Sivankutty announced that the service will be launched on a pilot basis in Thiruvananthapuram city, Kerala. The service will be launched at an event which is to be held at Kanakakkunnu Palace on the beginning of the Malayalam month of Chingam (August 17, 2022).
List of Less Important News – Click Here
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 9 August 2022|
|1||MoCA Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia First Flight of Akasa Air from Mumbai to Ahmedabad inaugurated|
|2||Indian Army’s ADB & DFI Sign MoU to Develop High-Impact Drones; Launches ‘Him Drone-a-thon’ Programme|
|3||Global Pay: American Express launches Cross Border Payments|
|4||HDFC Bank Raises up to USD 300 million in NRE deposits|
|5||Indian Bank & SRM University-AP signs MoU to lend ~Rs 50 crore for start-ups|
|6||Union Bank sets up “RACE” as its goal of 2022; plans to be among top 3 PSBs|
|7||Ladakh honoured 14th Dalai Lama with its Highest Civilian Award ‘Ladakh dPal rNgam Dusdon Award 2022|
|8||Jagdeep Dhankhar Elected as 14th Vice President of India|
|9||Chess: Arkady Dvorkovich re-elected as FIDE President; India’s Viswanathan Anand elected as FIDE Deputy President|
|10||Nallathamby Kalaiselvi Becomes First Women Director General of CSIR|
|11||ISRO’s 1st Small Satellite Launch Mission carrying EOS-02 & AzaadiSAT faces Anomaly|
|12||Intellecap & TRIF Launch Carbon Finance Platform for 1 Million Smallholder Farmers|
|13||Australia’s Nick Kyrgios wins Citi Open 2022; Russia’s Liudmila Samsonova won Women’s Title|
|14||Chennai Prodigy Pranav Becomes India’s 75th Grandmaster|
|15||Mastercard to replace Paytm as title sponsor for BCCI matches|
|16||8th National Handloom Day – August 07, 2022|
|17||Telangana Introduces First-Of-Its-Kind Insurance Scheme “Nethanna Ku Bima” For Weavers|
|18||Andhra Pradesh Renames Newly Created Konaseema District|
|19||Delhi LG Launches NDMC’s ‘One Road-One Week’ Initiative|
|20||Kerala Govt to Launches Online Cab Service “Kerala Savari”|