We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 5 March 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs January 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
India signs HCA with ITU for establishment of its Area Office & Innovation Centre at New Delhi
On March 3, 2022, a Host Country Agreement (HCA) inked between India and International Telecommunication Union (ITU) for the establishment of an Area Office & Innovation Centre of ITU in New Delhi, Delhi. HCA was signed during a World Telecommunications Standardisation Assembly-20 (WTSA-20) held in Geneva, Switzerland.
- It is for the 1st time that is opening in the South Asia region. The office will be funded by the Indian government.
- The Office and Centre are expected to be operational by mid 2022.
India– Ashwini Vaishnaw, Ministry of Communications
ITU– Houlin Zhao, Secretary General
What is in the HCA?
i.The soon to be launched ITU’s Area Office and Innovation Centre will serve South Asian countries namely Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Iran, Maldives, Nepal, Sri Lanka and India by implementing ITU initiatives, providing technical assistance, and policy guidance on ICTs to ITU member states.
ii.Innovation Centre will boost research and development (R&D) in telecommunication technologies in South Asia.
- It will also provide opportunities to academics, start-ups and SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises) to showcase their innovation globally.
Points to be noted:
i.HCA provides the legal and financial framework for establishment and operations of the Area Office.
ii.India was a founding member of International Telegraph Union (ITU) in 1865. It was renamed as ITU in 1932 and became a specialised agency of the United Nations for ICTs in 1947.
- It currently has a membership of 193 countries and over 900 private-sector entities and academic institutions.
- It is headquartered in Geneva.
iii.WTSA is a four-yearly global conference of ITU for standardisation of ICTs.
- India has proposed to host the next WTSA to be held in 2024.
iv.The 5Gi standards (5G Radio Interface Technology) developed by India have been recognised by ITU as one of the three technologies for 5G.
India adds Record 10GW Solar Capacity in 2021; Highest Ever in a Year: Mercom India Research report
In accordance with the Mercom India Research report titled ‘2021 Q4 & Annual India Solar Market Update‘ India installed a record 10 Gigawatt (GW) of solar capacity during calendar year 2021 as compared to 3.2 GW of solar capacity installations during 2020
- This addition is the highest ever in a year.
- This growth represents a year-on-year (y-o-y) rise of 212%.
i.The Cumulative solar installed capacity in India was approximately 49.3GW at the end of December 2021.
- Rajasthan, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh (AP) were the top three states for cumulative large-scale solar capacity accounting for 50% of the installations in the country as of December 2021.
ii.Solar accounted for 62% of new power capacity additions in 2021, the largest share of power capacity ever.
- Rajasthan led the capacity addition with 4.5 GW of solar capacity installation.
iii.In 2021, large-scale solar projects accounted for 83% of installations and saw a 230% y-o-y surge.
iv.Rooftop installations registered a y-o-y increase of 138% in 2021.
v.On the other hand, solar tenders dipped 4.3% y-o-y and auctions fell 2.6% compared to 2020.
- This is due to delay in signing power-sale agreements (PSA) and lack of clarity regarding applicable duties.
v.For 2022, the report projected strong demand outlook but these will be followed by significant challenges like basic customs duty, and the goods and services tax on top of global supply chain issues, and high component prices.
vi.The average project cost was also higher in 2021 due to higher module, raw material prices and freight charges.
1st of its Kind: IHCL & UNESCO Partners to Preserve the Intangible Cultural Heritage of India
Indian Hotels Company Limited (IHCL) has partnered with The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization(UNESCO) to help preserve and promote the intangible cultural heritage of India, as part of an initiative which aims to transform the travel landscape in the post pandemic world.
- IHCL & UNESCO Partnership is the Industry’s first collaboration to work towards preserving India’s intangible cultural heritage.
- IHCL and UNESCO will offer experiential tours for travellers at various IHCL hotels and enable them to experience better the living heritage of India.
- 1st phase: Visits to local communities practicing art forms like Patachitra – a traditional scroll painting technique in West Bengal, Ganga Aarti – the prayer ceremony at Dashashwamedh Ghat at Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh, as well as Kalbelia performances, Blue Pottery making, Bagru Hand Block printing, and the Terracotta art of Molela. The visitors will also experience the tribal life of the Bishnoi village in Rajasthan, or Mysuru Dasara and Janapada Loka in Karnataka.
E&IT Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw Inaugurates 3rd NIC Tech Conclave 2022
Ashwini Vaishnaw, Union Minister for Electronics & Information Technology(E&IT) inaugurated the 3rd Edition of ‘NIC Tech Conclave 2022’ a 2-day event organised by the National Informatics Centre(NIC) on 3rd and 4th March 2022 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi, Delhi. Rajeev Chandrasekhar, Minister of State(MoS) for E&IT graced the event as a guest of honour.
- The Theme for NIC Tech Conclave 2022 is “Next Gen Technologies for Digital Government”.
Note: The National Informatics Centre(NIC) has been organizing Tech Conclave focused on Emerging Technologies applicable especially in e-Governance.
K. Rajaraman Secretary, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology(MeitY) and other dignitaries from Centre and State Governments attended the event.
NIC Tech Conclave 2022:
i.The NIC Tech Conclave will enrich the IT Managers of Government Ministries or Departments on the latest ICT technologies and their use cases on the latest technologies and industry best practices.
ii.This will also provide a platform for IT Secretaries of State Governments to better know the new technologies and applications which can be rolled out in the states
iii.The conclave will facilitate interaction among Industry and IT managers of the Government and contribute to the capacity building, especially in the Government functioning across India and help to deliver high-quality citizen-centric services.
Efforts of NIC:
i.The NIC has partnered with the Indian government in various digital initiatives and have built a state-of-the-art PAN-India ICT infrastructure, digital platforms & solutions for the exclusive use of the Government.
ii.NIC has also worked with the central and state government in automating their processes and electronic delivery of citizen services.
MoS E&IT Rajeev Chandrasekhar released a book & e-book:
Rajeev Chandrasekhar, MoS E&IT, released the ebook titled “75 Digital Solutions from NIC” during the NIC Tech Conclave 2022 at New Delhi, Delhi.
- The ebook outlines the benefits of government schemes and initiatives achieved, through Digital Transformation facilitated with the help of NIC developed technology-driven solutions for the Citizens, Businesses, and the Government.
He also released a book titled “Citizen Empowerment Through Digital Transformation in Government” edited by Dr Neeta Verma, Director General of NIC.
- The book highlights the technology-led transformation of various sectors and their evolution presented from the lens of NIC officers working on PAN India digital infrastructure and services.
UNEA-5.2 held in hybrid form in Nairobi, Kenya; Special Session [email protected] attended by Environment Minister Bhupender Yadav
i.The Fifth session of the United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA-5.2) was held in hybrid form on February 28 – March 2, 2022 on the theme ‘Strengthening Actions for Nature to Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals’. It was held in Nairobi, Kenya.
ii.UNEA-5.2 was followed by a Special Session of the UNEA, [email protected], commemorating the 50th anniversary of the creation of UNEP in 1972. It was also held online and in person in Nairobi on March 3-4, 2022 under the overall theme of ‘Strengthening UNEP for the implementation of the environmental dimension of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development’.
iii.Heads of State, Ministers of environment and other representatives from 175 nations endorsed a historic resolution titled ‘End Plastic Pollution: Towards an internationally legally binding instrument’ to end plastic pollution and forge an international legally binding agreement by 2024.
About UN Environment Programme (UNEP):
Executive Director– Inger Andersen
Headquarters– Nairobi, Kenya
>> Read Full News
MWC 22: Inaugurated In Spain, Focuses on 5G And Economic Recovery
The Global System for Mobile Communications Association (GSMA) has organised the 2022 Mobile World Congress (MWC), which took place in Barcelona, Spain from 28 February to 3 March. The MWC-22 focused on increasing the global connectivity of the 5G network and economic recovery.
i.Global Mobile Economy Report expects 5G connections globally to reach 1 billion in 2022 by 5G adoption.
ii.Increase in the 5G network connection will increase the global GDP by 5% up to $5 trillion in 2025.
i.The GSMA is the organiser for the session of MWC, which emphasised ‘the global recovery’ to focus the growth of the global economy because of the ongoing pandemic and war situation between Russia and Ukraine.
ii.Global telecom industry to invest $600 billion till 2025 in the global mobile industry’s capital expenditure (CAPEX) and 85% of it will be spent on 5G.
Role of Standard Tessellation Language (STL), Virtual Machine Software (VMware) and ASOCS:
The STL, VMware and ASOCS, collaborated to unveil an end-to-end 5G Enterprise solution at MWC for the growing demand for private 5G connectivity.
i.It demonstrated 5G enterprises like Garuda, STL’s O-RAN 5G indoor/outdoor small cells, CYRUS, Open Distributed Unit and Centralised Unit from ASOCS and VMware Edge Compute Stack as the virtualization layer and cloud management.
ii.5G Enterprise networks are set to have a market value of US$ 14 billion by 2028.
i.The aim is to provide customers the next-gen experiences by open-source and converged architectures helping telcos, cloud companies, citizen networks, and large enterprises.
ii.STL partners with service providers globally for achieving a green and sustainable digital future in alignment with United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDG).
About Global System for Mobile Communications Association (GSMA):
Chairperson – Mr. Álvarez-Pallete
Headquarters – London, United Kingdom
Established – 1995
BANKING & FINANCE
Axis Bank Commits USD 150 million Loan Towards Healthcare Sector; Signed MoU With IPE GlobalOn 3rd March 2022 Axis Bank signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with IPE Global limited for the SAMRIDH Healthcare Blended Finance Facility with finance of up to USD 150 million (approximately Rs 1,140 crore) to support health enterprises and innovators.
Note: ‘SAMRIDH – Sustainable Access to Markets and Resources for Innovative Delivery of Healthcare’
- Under this partnership, Axis Bank will provide affordable finance of up to $150 million through SAMRIDH, to support health enterprises and innovators who would otherwise not have access to affordable debt financing.
- With COVID- 19 variants developing, the loan access will help in providing advanced health solutions to address COVID-19, especially across the vulnerable communities of India from tier 2 and 3 cities.
i.SAMRIDH is supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and Indian Institute of Technology-Delhi (IIT-D), in technical collaboration with Principal Scientific Advisor to the Government of India, the National Health Authority and NATHEALTH.
- SAMRIDH can thereby scale up market solutions and innovations in the healthcare value chain.
ii.It will also help the manufacturing and distribution of pharmaceuticals, facility expansion of public and private hospitals, nursing homes, small clinics, laboratories, and warehouses.
About IPE Global Limited:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consultancy group providing expert technical assistance in developing countries.
Establishment – 1998
Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi
Founder & Managing Director (MD) – Ashwajit Singh
PayU and VTEX Partners to Offer Merchants Multiple Local Payment Methods
PayU has collaborated with VTEX, one of the largest global digital commerce platforms, to offer multiple payment solutions to VTEX merchants.
- Through this collaboration, PayU platform will be available for VTEX’s merchants that includes global players operating in different industries in India and provides seamless access to PayU’s payment solutions.
- Aim – To simplify payment methods for the merchants using VTEX platform.
About the collaboration:
i.Using PayU, VTEX merchants can offer customised bank-based offers on debit & credit cards to consumers, making purchases more affordable and improving business.
- The integration will give direct access to multiple local payment methods in India including credit cards, debit cards, UPI, wallets, net banking, etc.,.
ii.Additionally, merchants can monitor business performance, initiate refunds, access transaction data, view trends and reports of transactions from the VTEX dashboard, without switching applications.
iii.This allows international brands to enter the Indian market and reduces the go-live time because of quicker payment methods.
Establishment – 2000
Headquarters – London, United Kingdom
Co-founder & Co-CEO – Mariano Gomide de Faria, Geraldo Thomaz
Future Generali India Insurance Launches ‘FG Dog Health Cover’ Insurance; unveils ‘Oh My Dog!’ Campaign
Future Generali India Insurance Company (FGII) Limited launched FG Dog Health Cover, a comprehensive health insurance for pet dogs, along with industry-first ‘Emergency Pet Minding’ cover as an add-on if parents are hospitalised.
- The FGII also focuses on a digital campaign named ‘Oh My Dog!’ with an aim to create awareness on purchasing dog health insurance cover and also targets on social media like Instagram and twitter.
About FG Dog Health Cover:
i.With FG Dog Health Cover, pet parents will be able to choose their veterinarian, budget their pet care costs, and avoid the dip into emergency funds with easy documentation.
- This comprehensive cover will cover dogs’ surgery and hospitalisation, terminal illness, mortality, and funeral expenses.
Eligibility of insurance cover:
i.The FG dog health covers pet dogs aged between 6 months and 4 years for giant breeds and 7 years for small, medium, and large breeds.
ii.The exit age is 10 years for small, medium, and large breeds and 6 years for giant breeds.
Payment for the cover:
i.Policy costs start at Rs. 323 per month that includes terminal illness, surgery and hospitalisation, and mortality
ii.Pet Minding Rider covers Daily allowance towards engaging a pet minder/caretaker in case of hospitalisation of parent or other family members
Cover Policy: Funeral Cost Cover; Terminal Illness Cover; Surgery and Hospitalisation Cover; Death Cover.
Riders Policy: Third party liability Cover; Lost and stolen Cover; Emergency pet minding Cover; Veterinary consultant and doctor on call Cover
About Future Generali India Insurance Company Limited:
Future Generali India Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between Future Group and Generali.
Incorporated – September 2007
Managing Director (MD) & CEO – Anup Rau
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
Adani Green’s unit gets Letter of Award to install 150 MW Solar Power ProjectAdani Green Energy Ltd (AGEL) announced that its subsidiary Adani Renewable Energy Holding Fifteen Limited has received the Letter of Award (LOA) to set-up a 150 MW Solar Power Project with a fixed tariff of Rs. 2.34/kWh for a span of 25 years for this project capacity.
About the Solar Power Project:
i.In a tender issued by the Punjab State Power Corporation Limited for procurement of 250 MW Solar Power from ground mounted grid connected solar PV power plants, the Adani unit is now awarded the contract to install the 150 MW Solar Power Project.
ii.Adani Green now has a total renewable energy project portfolio of 20.434 MWac capacity, out of which 5.410 MWac projects are operational, 11.591 MWac projects are under construction and 3.433 MWac projects are near construction.
About Adani Green Energy Limited (AGEL):
AGEL is one of the largest Renewable Energy (RE) companies in India and is a part of India’s fastest growing corporate Adani Group.
- MD & CEO of AGEL: Vneet S. Jaain
- Headquarters: Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Chairman of Adani Group: Gautam Adani
- MD of Adani Group: Rajesh Adani
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
NMCG gets ‘Special Jury Award’ for Ganga Rejuvenation
The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) received the ‘Special Jury Award’ for its considerable contribution in Ganga Rejuvenation at the 7th India Industry Water Conclave and the 9th edition of FICCI Water Awards, held virtually, from 2nd to 3rd March, 2022.
- The Jury acknowledged NMCG’s strategic role to bring about a paradigm shift in water management, besides its involvement in reviving the river Ganga.
- It also insisted on the need for a real Jan Andolan (Mass Movement) around the river Ganga to revive not only its main stream but also the other order of streams, catchments, aquifers that provide base-flows to the river.
The distinguished Jury of the FICCI Water Awards:
- Dr. Mihir Shah, Distinguished Professor, Shiv Nadar University and Chair of the Jury,
- Prof. A.K. Gosain, Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, IIT, Delhi,
- Dr. Himanshu Kulkarni, Founder Trustee and Executive Director Advanced Center for Water Resources Development and Management (ACWADAM)
- Mr. VK Madhavan, Chief Executive, WaterAid India
About National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG):
i.Aim – The aim of this mission is to take measures for prevention, control and abatement of environmental pollution in river Ganga and to ensure continuous adequate flow of water so as to rejuvenate the river Ganga
ii.Registered as a society under the Societies Registration Act 1860. It acts as an implementation wing of National Ganga Council (set in 2016; which replaced the National Ganga River Basin Authority (NGRBA)).
iii. It operates under the Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- Establishment of NMCG: August 12, 2011
- Director General of NMCG:G. Asok Kumar
- Minister of Jal Shakti: Gajendra Singh Shekhawat (Jodhpur constituency, Rajasthan)
CtrlS bags ASSOCHAM Sustainability Award
On March 4th 2022 , The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry (ASSOCHAM) awarded its Award for Sustainability Excellence in Energy Management to CtrlS, a DataCenter Company in Hyderabad, Telangana.
- CtrlS bagged the award for its excellence in energy management as it made a positive impact during the Covid-19 pandemic, thanks to the innovative and sustainability initiatives in its data center operations.
- This award is generally presented to those companies that make efforts to integrate economic, environmental, and social objectives alongside its operations and growth.
The current and past winners of ASSOCHAM awards:
- SAP, Tata Consultancy Services, L&T, Cognizant, Ashok Leyland, ONGC, SBI Life Insurance, JK Tyre, Tata Capital, ICICI Foundation, NTPC, PayTM and others.
About CtrlS Datacenter (DC):
i.Asia’s largest and India’s only Rated 4 Hyperscale Datacenter(DC) which is at the forefront of innovation and sustainability. CtrlS became world’s 1st DC to Win Golden Peacock Eco-Innovation Award.
ii.It embraces the path to a Greener Datacenter Future by committing itself to sustainable growth with healthy, highly efficient and cost-optimized green infrastructure.
Founder and CEO: Sridhar Pinnapureddy, The Green Man of Indian Data Centers.
- It is India’s oldest and leading Non-governmental trading association that works as a bridge between the industry and the Government.
- ASSOCHAM leads various initiatives to enhance the global competitiveness of the Indian industry, while strengthening the domestic ecosystem.
Chairman of ASSOCHAM Southern Region: B.V. Naidu
President: Vineet Agarwal
Headquarters: New Delhi
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Jet Airways appoints Sanjiv Kapoor as CEO
The new holders of Jet Airways (India) Limited, the Jalan-Kalrock Consortium (JKC), appointed Sanjiv Kapoor as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the airline, effective from April 4, 2022.
- Jet Airways, which ceased its operation on April 17, 2019 has now planned to resume the operation of flights in the first quarter of the financial year 2022-2023.
About Sanjiv Kapoor:
i.He is currently serving as the President of Oberoi Hotels & Resorts since June 1, 2021.
ii.He was the Chief Operating Officer of SpiceJet during November 2013 – October 2015, when the airline was facing high oil prices and a financial crunch.
iii. He was the Chief Strategy and Commercial Officer at Vistara during March 2016- December 2019 and won ‘Best Airline in India’ in 2019.
Recent Appointments in Jet Airways:
i.Accountable Manager: Captain PP Singh, former Squadron Leader at Indian Air Force (IAF) and Executive of Nepal Airlines Corporation.
ii.Chief Financial Officer (CFO): Vipula Gunatileka, former CEO of Sri Lankan Airlines
About Jet Airways:
- Founder: Naresh Goyal
- Establishment: 1992
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- New Promoters of Jet Airways: Jalan-Kalrock Consortium (JKC) led by Murari Lal Jalan, lead member of the consortium, proposed promoter and Non-Executive Chairman of Jet Airways & Kalrock Capital.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
TDB & Skyshade Daylights Pvt. Ltd. Signs MoU to Promote Start-up in Daylight Harvesting TechnologyOn 3rd March 2022 Technology Development Board (TDB) , a statutory body under the Department of Science & Technology (DoS&T) in presence of Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science & Technology Dr Jitendra Singh signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Skyshade Daylights Private Limited, Hyderabad, the only Start-up company in India for Daylight Harvesting Technologies.
- The MoU was signed to promote possibly India’s first Start-up in indigenously built latest Daylight Harvesting Technology to reduce carbon footprint and improve the building energy efficiency.
- Skyshade Daylights Private Limited aims to create Green & Net zero buildings and to participate and contribute in national missions under the National Action Plan on Climate Change (NAPCC).
i.The Technology Development Board (TDB) will give Rs 5 Crore of the 10 Crore project to Skyshade company for developing new technologies for basement illumination on a 24×7 basis.
ii.The company will design & build operations of large skylight domes for building atriums and solar thermal technologies.
- The company also has 2 more innovative solutions named Human centric-climate adaptive building facades and Central integrated daylighting system that are easily affordable, adaptable and economically viable.
Why Daylight Technology?
i.Daylighting is basically bringing natural sunlight inside the rooms and also the solar energy spectrum has 45% energy as visible light that can be used to harvest building illumination for about 9-11 hours a day.
ii.This technology reduces electrical lighting energy consumption by 70-80% with the help of natural daylight, besides reducing air-conditioning (cooling load) consumption.
Commitment towards climate change:
i.India has set an ambitious target at the COP26 summit in Glasgow to achieve a capacity of 175 GigaWatt (GW) of its energy requirement from renewable energy sources by the end of 2022, and committed to achieve 500 GW by 2030.
ii.At COP 26, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on behalf of India, presented to the world the five nectar elements ‘PANCHAMRIT’, as India’s commitment, to deal with the issue of climate change.
- The daylight harvesting technology will contribute to meet one of the commitments of the five nectars of ‘PANCHAMRIT’ (i.e.), to make India as Net Zero emission country by 2070.
About Department of Science and Technology (DoS&T):
Parent Ministry – Ministry of Science and Technology
Secretary – Dr. Srivari Chandrasekhar
BCCI Announces RuPay as official partner for Tata IPL 2022
On 3rd March 2022 the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)’s Indian Premier League (IPL) Governing Council announced National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)‘s flagship product RuPay as an official partner for the Tata IPL 2022. This will be a multi-year partnership.
- RuPay offers tech-led, innovative, and customised offerings to people across India, being accepted in India and internationally.
- Tata IPL 2022 will be co-presented by Dream11 and co-powered by Tata and CRED. Swiggy, Prystin Care, Zepto, Livspace, L’Oreal and Spinny have been signed-on as associate sponsors.
RuPay is a first-of-its-kind Global Card payment network from India that is accepted at Automated Teller Machines (ATMs), Point of Sale (POS) devices, and e-commerce websites which provides an exceptional self-reliant card payments network with innovative features.
Tata IPL 2022
i.The 15th edition of Tata IPL 2022 will start on 26th March 2022.
ii.A total of 70 league matches will be played across four international venues in Mumbai and Pune. The venue for the playoff matches will be decided later.
About National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI):
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Managing Director (MD) & CEO – Dilip Asbe
Former Australian cricketer Rod Marsh Passed Away
Former Australia cricketer(wicketkeeper) Rodney William Marsh (Rod Marsh) has passed away in Adelaide Australia. He was born in Perth suburb of Armadale, Western Australia. Rod Marsh has played 96 test matches for Australia from 1970 to 1984 and 92 One-Day Internationals(ODIs) for Australia and later retired from top-flight cricket in February 1984.
- He was the 1st Australian wicketkeeper to score a century in test cricket, and finished his career with 3 centuries.
- He held a test record of 355 dismissals by a wicketkeeper, including 95 off the bowling of pace bowler Dennis Lillee.
- Marsh was made a Member of the Order of the British Empire in the 1982 New Year Honours and inducted into the Sport Australia Hall of Fame in 1985.He was named as one of Wisden’s Cricketer of the Year in 1982.He received an Australian Sports Medal in 2000 and a Centenary Medal in 2001.
World Obesity Day 2022 – March 4
World Obesity Day(WOD) is annually observed across the world on 4th March to promote practical solutions to end the global obesity crisis. The observance of World Obesity Day is organised by the World Obesity Federation (World Obesity), a non-profit organisation in collaboration with its global members.
- The message/theme of World Obesity Day 2022 is ‘Everybody Needs to Act’, which aims to improve the world’s understanding, prevention, and treatment of obesity.
i.In 2015, the World Obesity Federation established World Obesity Day as an annual campaign and proclaimed the 11th October of every year as World Obesity Day.
ii.The first ever World Obesity Day was observed on 11th October 2015.
iii.Starting from 2020, the date of World Obesity Day has been changed from 11th October to 4th March.
>> Read Full News
National Security Day 2022 – March 4
National Security Day (NSD), also known as Rashtriya Suraksha Diwas, is annually observed across India on 4th March to pay tribute and show gratitude to the national security forces of India, which includes the military, para-military, commandos, police officials, guards and those who maintain the peace and security of India.
About National Security Council (NSC):
i.A six-member National Security Council (NSC) headed by the prime minister was set up by former Prime Minister of India Atal Bihari Vajpayee in November 1998.
ii.The council consists of senior officials like the chiefs of the intelligence agencies, the heads of the three armed forces, and other senior secretaries to the government
National Security Advisor (NSA):
i.Brajesh Mishra was the first National Security Advisor.
ii.Ajit Kumar Doval is serving as the 5th and current National Security Advisor (NSA) to the Prime Minister of India.
iii.He is the Chairman of the Strategic Policy Group (SPG) of the NSC.
51st National Safety Day – 4th March 2022;51st National Safety Week – 4th to 10th March 2022
National Safety Day(NSD) is annually observed across India on 4th March to create and spread safety awareness across all sectors. The day also marks the foundation day of the National Safety Council (NSC).
- National Safety Week is annually observed from 4th March to 10th March.
- The year 2022 marks the observance of the 51st National Safety Day/National Safety Week Campaign.
The theme for the National Safety Day/Week Campaign 2022 is “Nurture Young Minds Develop Safety Culture”
The National Safety Day/Safety Week Campaign has been spearheaded by the National Safety Council since 1971 to mark its Foundation Day (4th March).
>> Read Full News
Finance Minister Of Jharkhand Presented A Budget Of Rs 1.01 Lakh Crore For The FY 2022-23
Finance Minister of Jharkhand Shri Rameshwar Oraon presented the budget of Rs 1.01 lakh crore for the Financial Year (FY) 2022-23. The proposal of the budget is to increase the capital expenditure by 59 percent ie.Rs 24,827.70 crore.
i.The expected growth rate for the current fiscal year – 2022 is 8.8 percent.
Budget Spendings: Revenues and Deficit:
i.The budget spending will be met through the state’s
- Tax revenue of Rs 24,850-crore
- Non-tax revenue of Rs 13,762.84-crore
- Central assistance of Rs 17,405.74-crore
- Share in central taxes of Rs 27,006.58-crore
- Public debt of Rs 18,000-crore
Proposals Of The Budget for the FY 2022-23:
i.The Guruji Credit Card Scheme will be launched to the Jharkhand students in higher education.
ii.The Finance Minister said that so far 836 crores have been transferred to the accounts of 2,11,530 farmers under the farm loan waiver scheme.
iii.The budget proposed creation of 12.5 crore man-days in the next fiscal under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA).
Recently Related News:
Chief Minister of Jharkhand Hemant Soren has launched Sports Action towards Harnessing Aspiration of Youth (SAHAY) scheme aimed at nurturing young sporting talents in Maoist-hit districts of the state.
Governor – Ramesh Bais
Chief Minister – Hemant Soren
>> Read Full News
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 5 March 2022|
|1||India signs HCA with ITU for establishment of its Area Office & Innovation Centre at New Delhi|
|2||India adds Record 10GW Solar Capacity in 2021; Highest Ever in a Year: Mercom India Research report|
|3||IHCL & UNESCO Partners to Preserve the Intangible Cultural Heritage of India|
|4||E&IT Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw Inaugurates 3rd NIC Tech Conclave 2022|
|5||UNEA-5.2 held in hybrid form in Nairobi, Kenya; Special Session [email protected] attended by Environment Minister Bhupender Yadav|
|6||MWC 22: Inaugurated In Spain, Focuses on 5G And Economic Recovery|
|7||Axis Bank Signs MoU with IPE Global for USD 150 million Loan Commitment towards Healthcare Sector|
|8||PayU and VTEX Partners to Offer Merchants Multiple Local Payment Methods|
|9||Future Generali India Insurance Launches ‘FG Dog Health Cover’ Insurance; unveils ‘Oh My Dog!’ Campaign|
|10||Adani Green’s unit gets Letter of Award to install 150 MW Solar Power Project|
|11||NMCG gets ‘Special Jury Award’ for Ganga Rejuvenation|
|12||CtrlS bags ASSOCHAM Sustainability Award|
|13||Jet Airways appoints Sanjiv Kapoor as CEO|
|14||TDB & Skyshade Daylights Pvt. Ltd. Signs MoU to Promote Start-up in Daylight Harvesting Technology|
|15||BCCI Announces RuPay as official partner for Tata IPL 2022|
|16||Former Australian cricketer Rod Marsh Passed Away|
|17||World Obesity Day 2022 – March 4|
|18||National Security Day 2022 – March 4|
|19||51st National Safety Day – 4th March 2022;51st National Safety Week – 4th to 10th March 2022|
|20||Finance Minister Of Jharkhand Presented A Budget Of Rs 1.01 Lakh Crore For The FY 2022-23|