We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 5 August 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs August 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Click here for Current Affairs 4 August 2022
India adds 10 more Wetlands Designated as Ramsar sites to make total 64 sites
i.India has designated 10 more wetlands under the Ramsar Convention or the Convention on Wetlands, taking the total number of Ramsar sites in India to 64 from 54 with area coverage of 12,50,361 hectare (ha).
ii.The 10 new sites include 6 sites in Tamil Nadu (TN) and 1 each in Goa, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh and Odisha.
iii.The information for the same was provided by Union Minister Bhupendra Yadav, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MOEF&CC).
iv.To be a Ramsar site, at least one of the nine criteria as defined by the Ramsar Convention of 1971 must be met by the wetland.
i.Wetlands in UP and Gujarat serve as important spaces for migratory birds.
ii.Sundarbans in WB is the largest Ramsar site in India.
iii.Chilika lake is Asia’s largest brackish water lagoon and first Indian wetland of international importance under the Ramsar Convention.
iv.The United Kingdom (175) and Mexico (142) have the maximum Ramsar sites whereas Bolivia spans the largest area with 148,000 sq km under the Convention protection.
>> Read Full News
NIESBUD signs MoU with HUL to Develop Entrepreneurial Skills & Create Sustainable Livelihood Opportunities
On 3 August 2022, the National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (NIESBUD) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) for developing entrepreneurial skills among the youth and creating sustainable livelihood opportunities.
The agreement was signed by Dr Poonam Sinha, Director, NIESBUD and Kanika Pal, South Asia Head – Community Investments & Sustainability Programs at Unilever.
Rajesh Aggarwal, Secretary, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Anuradha Vemuri, Joint Secretary, MSDE, Krishna Kumar Dwivedi, Joint Secretary, MSDE & Director General, NIESBUD and Anuradha Razdan, Executive Director. Human Resources, HUL.
i.Under the agreement, NIESBUD and HUL will organize training programmes, develop course curriculum and undertake cluster development activities.
- They will help to organize workshops and extend incubation support, provide industry linkages, assist trainees in linking up with suitable wage employment, etc.
ii.They will provide support to enhance employment generation and create sustainable livelihood opportunities. It will boost nano and micro-entrepreneurship advancement in India.
iii.As per the agreement, the HUL will help promote skill building and inculcate an entrepreneurial mindset among youngsters.
HUL is also contributing Rs. 63,00,000 to NIESBUD to support the Skill Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion (SANKALP) Project. The project aims to strengthen the entrepreneurship ecosystem, provide market connectivity and inclusion of marginalized sections of the society.
About Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL):
CEO & MD- Sanjiv Mehta
Headquarters- Mumbai, Maharashtra
Union Cabinet Approves Sugarcane FRP for 2022-23 & India’s Updated NDC to UNFCCC
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi has given its approval to the following:
i. Approved the Fair and Remunerative Price (FRP) of sugarcane for sugar season 2022-23 (October-September) at Rs. 305/qtl (quintal) for a basic recovery rate of 10.25%.
ii.Approved India’s updated Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) to be communicated to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
i. This FRP of Rs. 305/qtl at a recovery rate of 10.25 % is higher by 88.3 % over the cost of production and ensures the farmers with a return of more than 50% over their cost.
- The FRP for sugar season 2022–23 is 2.6% higher than sugar season 2021–22.
ii.In a bid to protect the interests of sugarcane farmers (GannaKisan), the government has also decided that deductions will not be allowed for sugar mills when recovery is less than 9.5 %.
iii. According to the updated NDC, India is now committed to reaching about 50% of the total installed capacity of electric power from non-fossil fuel-based energy sources by 2030 and to reduce the emissions intensity of its Gross Domestic Product (GDP) by 45% by 2030, compared to 2005 levels.
>> Read Full News
IOCL : Signs MoU with Bangladesh for Emergency Supply of Petroleum Goods; MoP&NG Unveils Publications & Stamps
On 3rd July 2022 Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Bangladesh Roads and Highways department in Dhaka, Bangladesh for an interim set up to facilitate emergency supply of petroleum goods.
- The purpose of the agreement is mainly for emergency ferrying of petroleum products to the northeastern states of India through Bangladesh’s territory.
MoP&NG Unveils Commemorative Publications & Stamps of Indian Oil Refineries
Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoP&NG), Hardeep Singh Puri released publications on Indian Oil Corporation Limited’s (IOCLs) Diamond Jubilee milestone of Guwahati Refinery and Golden Jubilee celebrations of Bongaigaon Refinery.
- My stamp was issued to Indian Oil Corporation by the Indian post Department to mark IOCL ‘s commitment towards the country.
About Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL):
Chairman – Shrikant Madhav Vaidya
Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi
>> Read Full News
Government Withdraws Data Protection Bill 2021: Drafts New Data BillThe Data Protection Bill, 2021, has been withdrawn from the Lok Sabha by Union Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw, Ministry of Communications & Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) after 4 years of deliberations.
The Government aims to replace the personal data protection bill with a comprehensive legal framework “intended to tackle all of the current and future challenges of the digital ecosystem”.
Genesis of the Bill
The bill, which was first proposed in 2017 following the Justice Puttaswamy Privacy Judgement, was drafted by a committee headed by retired Supreme Court Justice BN Srikrishna and was tabled in 2019 (Personal Data Protection Bill, 2019).
- The Joint Committee of Parliament (JCP) reviewed the 2019 bill before submitting its final recommendations and a revised draft bill in November 2021.
About Ministry of Communications:
Union Minister – Ashwini Vaishnaw (Rajya Sabha – Odisha)
Minister of State (MoS) – Devusinh Chauhan
>> Read Full News
World’s largest floating solar power plant to be built in MP
i.It will target to increase the power generation capacity across the Madhya Pradesh and also address the electricity availability issues in the region.
ii.The Omkareshwar Dam is built on the Narmada river in MP and is a hydel project, energy is produced from water.
- The plant will help generate 600 Megawatt (MW) power by 2022-23.
iii.With the new floating solar plant, Khandwa will become the only district in Madhya Pradesh to have thermal power stations, hydel and solar power.
- Khandwa will also become the only district in MP with over 4,000MW power to be produced from a single district.
India’s largest floating solar project:
In July 2022, India’s largest floating solar power project was made fully operational after NTPC Limited declared commercial operation of the final part capacity of 20 MW out of 100 MW Ramagundam Floating Solar PV Project at Ramagundam in Telangana.
- With the operationalisation of this project, the total commercial operation of floating solar capacity in the Southern Region of India rose to 217 MW.
MoMSME signed MoUs with Ministry of Tourism and NSIC for sharing of Udyam data
- The MSME Ministry also announced that the Udyam certificate will be available in the Digi Locker facility.
- The MSME Ministry also launched the Digi Locker facility for Udyam Registration
Udyam Portal of Ministry of MSME achieves landmark 1 crore registrations
It was announced by Union Minister for MSME, Narayan Rane and Minister of State (MoS) Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma.
Highlights of the Announcement:
i.According to the Udyam portal, the total Udyam registration count, at the time of filing this report, stood at 1,00,20,295, of which over 95 lakh were micro units, near 4 lakh were small businesses, and 38,087 were medium enterprises with the span of 25 months.
ii.The data is based on the revised definition of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) on 26th June, 2020, which is based on investment in plant & machinery or equipment and turnover.
- The revised definition removed the distinction between manufacturing and services enterprises.
iii.The MSME Ministry also announced they provide employment to 7.6 crore people, of which 1.7 crore are women
About The Udyam Portal:
- Udyam portal was launched on 1 July 2020.
- It is linked to the databases of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) and Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN). It is fully online, does not require any documentation. It helps in Ease of Doing Business for MSMEs in India.
Russia’s RTS signed Deal with AAI to Supply Radio Equipments for 24 Airports in India
Scientific and Production Corporation “Radio technical Systems” (RTS) of Russia has signed a large-scale contract with the Airports Authority of India (AAI) for the supply of radio equipment. Under this contract, the company will manufacture 34 sets of Instrument Landing System (ILS)-734 for the modernisation of 24 airports in India
- First part of landing systems ILS-734 must be shipped before November 2022
- Payments within the transaction will be carried out in national currencies.
- The ILS- 734 system allows for the landing of equipped aircraft with a runway visual range of minimum 50 metres and a decision height of minimum 15 metres
India among Leaders in Annual Renewable Energy Investment: UN’s GCRG on Food, Energy and Finance
On August 3, 2022, the United Nations’ (UN) third brief of the Global Crisis Response Group (GCRG) on Food, Energy and Finance was released by the UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres and United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) Secretary-General Rebeca Grynspan.
- As per the report, 84% of nearly $1 trillion of global investment in energy transition technologies in 2021 was deployed in China, India, Japan, the US and Europe.
i.Since 2017, annual global energy-related investments have been $2 trillion-$2.5 trillion. However, there is a requirement of $4 trillion-$6 trillion annual investments until 2030 to ensure equitable renewable energy transition.
ii.The World Food Programme (WFP) estimates that 345 million people will be acutely food insecure in 2022 across 82 countries due to the Covid-19 effects and Russia-Ukraine crisis.
iii.Even before the war, the number of chronically undernourished people had already grown by about 150 million since 2019, with up to 828 million people in 2021.
iv.The report stresses the need to double down on renewable energy sources to achieve the net-zero goal, and tackle poverty.
v.The report calls for a stable policy environment, providing long-term revenue certainty and a transparent grant of permits.
- It also calls for governments to invest in the labour skills required to support a large-scale deployment of renewable energy technologies.
BANKING & FINANCE
Karnataka Bank Forms Co-Lending Partnership with Yubi
Karnataka Bank has entered into a Co-Lending Agreement with Yubi (formerly CredAvenue Pvt Ltd) through the Yubi Co.Lend, the co-lending platform of Yubi.
- With this collaboration, Karnataka Bank will be able to digitally onboard numerous Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs), lend a significant amount of money, and onboard a larger customer base due to their improved consumer outreach.
i. The digital co-lending platform would allow Karnataka Bank and its NBFC partners to easily integrate and lend to borrowers in a faster manner.
ii. Karnataka Bank will have access to several financial institutions across sectors through this cooperation.
iii. Through this agreement, both parties intend to provide credit to underserved sectors and boost financial inclusion in India.
Other Related Information
i. Karnataka Bank has entered into an agreement with SCHWING Stetter India Pvt Ltd, a prominent manufacturer of construction equipment.
- The partnership is expected to widen the bank’s prospects for funding Micro, Small, and Medium-Sized Enterprises (MSMEs).
ii.Yubi has partnered with U GRO Capital, a next generation Lending-as-a-Service (LaaS) company that uses technology to provide last-mile credit to MSMEs in India.
- As part of the collaboration, Yubi Co.Lend and Yubi Flow will be integrated with the GRO-Xstream and GRO-Line platforms, respectively.
- With this this double partnership, U GRO Capital will be able to make use of Yubi’s full stack operating system to seamlessly discover, go live, and collaborate with multiple partners on Yubi’s platform.
Note – Shri Mahabaleshwara M.S is the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Karnataka Bank.
About Yubi (formerly known as CredAvenue Pvt Ltd):
Yubi promotes debt financing for enterprises by connecting lenders and investors with corporate borrowers via an online marketplace.
Founder & CEO – Gaurav Kumar
Founded – 2020
Headquarters – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
IRDAI eases norms of Bank Bonds, InvITs/REITs
On August 3, 2022, the Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has amended its master circular on investments, and allowed insurers to buy more perpetual bonds issued by banks and permitted them to participate in the public listing of high-yielding InvITs (Infrastructure Investment Trusts).
Following are the key proposals:
i.Life insurers and general insurers can make in mutual funds and AT1 (additional tier one) bonds. The aggregate value of AT1 bonds held in a particular bank, at any point of time, should not exceed 10% of the total outstanding AT1 bonds of that particular bank.
- AT1 bonds have no fixed maturities and are raised to shore up the capital base. These quasi-equity securities yield much higher returns than traditional bonds as the risk is also larger.
ii.It allowed for separate limits for investments in alternative assets such as InvITs and REITs (Real Estate Investment Trust).
- The public holding in the InvITs/REITs should not be less than 30% of total outstanding units of the InvIT/REIT at the time of investment.
- No insurer will invest more than 20% of the outstanding debt instruments in a single InvIT/REIT.
iii.IRDAI also proposed to alter the costs that life insurers and health insurers can incur on account management expenses.
- Expenses will be capped at 30% of gross premium in general and health insurance.
- In life insurance, it will vary between 0.01% and 80%.
Federal Bank Becomes 1st to List Payment Gateway on TIN 2.0 Platform
Federal Bank becomes the First Bank to list its Payment Gateway platform on the Tax Information Network (TIN) 2.0 platform of the Income Tax Department.
- On 1st July 2022 TIN 2.0 platform was initiated by Federal Bank and the Payment Gateway has been enabled for additional payment options for taxpayers.
i.The payment can be done using various modes such as Credit/Debit Card, Unified Payment Interface (UPI), National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT)/ Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) and Internet Banking.
ii.In July 2022, the Federal Bank had partnered with the Central Board of direct taxes (CBDT) to assist taxpayers in making their payments through the e-pay tax facility in the e-filing portal of the income tax.
iii.In 2021 Federal bank bank had already received government’s approval for the collection of Direct Tax which was effective from 1st July 2022.
About Tax Information Network (TIN):
i.TIN, an initiative by the Department of Information Technology (IT) for the collection, processing, monitoring and accounting of direct taxes using IT.
ii.TIN is also a repository of nationwide tax related information and has been established by Protean eGov Technologies Limited on behalf of the Department of IT.
About Federal Bank:
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Shyam Srinivasan
Headquarters – Aluva, Kerala
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
Amazon Partners with Indian Railways to Boost Delivery of Packages
On 3rd August 2022, Amazon India partnered with Indian Railways to boost its delivery services in India by transporting packages in more than 110 inter-city routes, ensuring one to 2-day delivery for its customers.
i.Amazon delivers to 100% serviceable PIN codes, with more than 97% of PIN codes receiving their deliveries within 2 days of placing an order.
ii.Amazon Data Services India Private Limited, a subsidiary of Amazon India, leased 5.5 acres of industrial land from Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T) in Powai, Mumbai to set up a data centre.
- A monthly rent of about Rs. 3.57 crore, will be paid by Amazon with periodic increase in rent, for a lease tenure of 21 years and 6 months.
- The lease agreement also includes a rent-free period of 24 months, with a lock-in period of 15 years from the commencement of lease.
iii.Background – In 2019, Amazon India became the first online delivery company to work with the Indian Railways to build an express transportation product through rail.
About Amazon India:
Country Head of India – Amit Agarwal
Establishment – 2013
Headquarters – Hyderabad, Telangana
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
LIC ranked 98th in 2022 Fortune Global 500 list, Reliance ranked 104th
Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) was ranked 98th, with revenue of USD 97.26 billion and a profit of USD 553.8 million, in the 2022 Fortune Global 500 list. It was listed as the initial public offering (IPO) in May 2022.
- Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) has ranked 104th in the 2022 Fortune Global 500 list. RIL has jumped 51 places from 155th rank in 2021 list.
- LIC is the only Indian company ranked among the top 100 of the 2022 Fortune Global 500 list.
- Walmart topped the list for the 9th straight year, followed by Amazon, and Chinese energy giants State Grid.
Other Indian Companies in the List:
i.Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (IOCL) has been ranked 142nd, rose 70 ranks up from 212 in 2020-21. Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), has ranked 190th, its ranking has rose 53 ranks up from 243 in 2020-21.
ii.State Bank of India (SBI)’s ranking has declined by 31 places to 236 from 205 in 2020-21.
iii.The list had two Tata group firms — Tata Motors at 370th spot and Tata Steel at 435th spot.
iv.Rajesh Exports at 437th rank was the other private Indian company on the list.
v.The list was topped by US retailer Walmart, has nine Indian companies — five of them state-owned, and four from the private sector.
Highlights of Fortune Global 500 list:
i.It ranks companies by total revenues for their respective fiscal years ended on or before March 31, 2022.
ii.For the first time, revenues from Global 500 companies in Greater China(including Taiwan) exceeded revenues from US companies on the list, accounting for 31% of the total.
iii.For the year 2022, the Aggregate sales for the Fortune Global 500 hit USD 37.8 trillion, an increase of 19%, which is the highest annual growth rate in the list’s history.
List of top 5 2022 Fortune Global 500:
|4||China National Petroleum|
Sargam Koushal Crowned Winner of Mrs India World 2022-2023
Mrs. Sargam Koushal, hailing from Jammu & Kashmir, was crowned as the winner of the Mrs India World 2022-2023 by Navdeep Kaur, Mrs. India World 2021 and National Costume winner at Mrs. World in 2022. The winner will represent India at the Mrs World 2022.
- Mrs India World 2022-2023 presented by Mrs. India Inc was held on 15th June 2022 at NESCO CENTER, Goregaon, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Mrs. Juhi Vyas was adjudged as 1st runner up and Mrs. Chahat Dalal as 2nd runner up.
- The jury panel of the event consisted of Soha Ali Khan, Mohammad Azharuddin, Vivek Oberoi, Former Mrs. World Dr. Aditi Govitrikar and couture designer Masumi Mewawalla.
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
Uber Technologies sells entire stake in Zomato for Rs.3,088 crore
Uber Technologies, through its arm Uber BV, offloaded its entire 7.8% stake by selling 61.2 crore shares of Zomato Ltd for Rs.3,088 crore through an open market transaction.
Uber B.V held 612.19 million shares in Zomato, representing 7.78% shareholding, as of 30 June.
- In January 2020, Zomato Ltd acquired Uber Eat’s India operation in a non-cash deal, following which Uber received a 9.19% stake in the restaurant discovery platform for around USD 200 million.
- Uber is the second biggest single shareholder in Zomato after Info Edge
i.The shares were disposed of at an average price of Rs.50.44 a share, taking the transaction value to Rs.3,087.93 crore.
ii.The Fidelity Investment Trust Fidelity Series Emerging Markets Fund and ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Ltd picked up 5,44,38,744 and 4,50,00,000 shares of the company, respectively.
iii.Other companies including ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund, Nippon India Mutual Fund, Avendus Capital, HDFC Life Insurance etc also took part in the block deal.
- Bank of America is the sole broker on the block trade.
About Uber Technologies:
Headquarters- San Francisco, California, United States
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
NASA Launching 2 More Mini Helicopters to Mars to Recover Martian Samples
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) is launching 2 more mini helicopters to Mars as a part of its effort to recover Martian rocks and soil samples and bring them to Earth. Under the NASA’s plan announced on 29th July 2022, NASA’s Perseverance rover will do double duty and transport the cache to the rocket that will launch them off Mars after a decade.
- The helicopters are modelled after NASA’’s Ingenuity which has made 29 flights since arriving with Perseverance at Mars in 2021.
- The new versions of the chopper(weighing just 4 pounds (1.8 kilograms)) would have wheels and grappling arms.
- Perseverance has already gathered 11 samples with more rock drilling planned.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Author & Historian K.R.A. Narasiah’s Autobiography “Through The Rear View Mirror” Launched
Author and historian K.R.A. Narasiah’s autobiography titled “Through The Rear View Mirror” was launched by former West Bengal Governor Gopalkrishna Gandhi at an event held in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Former Chief Election Commissioner T.S. Krishnamuthi received the first copy of the book.
- The book offers a description of one’s life honestly lived with no malice, no regrets and great deal of gratitude for whatever had come his way.
- K.R.A. Narasiah, a Tamilian born in Berhampore(West Bengal), was a marine engineer who has authored several book like ‘Kadalodi,’ ‘Madarasapattanam,’ ‘Cambodia Ninaivugal,’ ‘Aalavai’ and ‘Lettered Dialogue’ (in English).
L&T Inks Pact with Gujarat Govt to Establish IT-ITeS Park in Vadodara
Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Gujarat government to set up an Information Technology (IT) and IT-enabled Services (ITeS) Park in Vadodara, Gujarat at an investment worth Rs. 7,000 crore.
- The agreement was signed between L&T and the Gujarat government in the presence of Gujarat Chief Minister (CM) Bhupendra Patel in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- The Company will invest Rs. 7,000 crore over a period of five years for the development of this IT-ITeS Park which provide jobs for around 2,000 engineers in the first year of its establishment.
i.This IT park will be set up under the IT/ITeS policy 2022-2027 that was launched in February 2022. This would create around 10,000 direct and indirect employment opportunities during the next five years.
- The IT/ITeS policy was launched with an aim to generate 1 lakh high-skilled jobs in the next five years.
- Within 6 months after announcing the policy, the Gujarat Government has signed MoUs, with proposed investment of Rs 2400 crore, with 13 major IT players.
ii.The IT/ITeS policy 2022-2027 will offer a range of financial incentives to new investors who want to set up IT or ITeS units and will remain in force till 2027.
iii.The policy also aims at an eight-fold increase in Gujarat’s IT-ITeS exports from the current Rs. 3,000 crore annually to Rs. 25,000 crore over the next five years.
- This also focuses on both skill development and employment generation with unique features like employment generation incentive (EGI) and Capex-Opex model.
About Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T):
Managing Director (MD) & CEO – S N Subramanyan
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Karnataka: Minister Adopts Cows under Punyakoti Dattu Yojana; UWBe Signs Pact with WCD to Improve Quality of Anganwadis
Karnataka Animal Husbandry Minister Prabhu Bhamla Chavan had adopted 31 cows in the government and private goshalas (cow shelters) with one from each district under Punyakoti Dattu Yojana (cow adoption) Portal.
- The portal was launched by Karnataka Chief Minister (CM) Basavaraj Bommai at Home Office Krishna with an aim to provide nutrition and care for the cows.
- Karnataka became the first state in the country to implement the Punyakoti Adoption Scheme.
i.The details of adoption or donation will be available on https://punyakoti.karahvs.in and the mobile application will be developed to provide all necessary information to the public about the scheme.
ii.Minister had earlier adopted cows in Bidar Goshala and the CM had adopted 11 cows at Rashtrothana Goshala.
About Punyakoti Dattu Yojane
i.Punyakoti Dattu Yojane, Karnataka’s cow adoption scheme was earlier launched by Deputy Commissioner Nitesh Patil in Belagavi, Karnataka.
ii.Aim – To take care of non- milch cattle and sick animals including other animals that are left by farmers with the cooperation of the public and to strengthen their shelters through donations or adoption of abandoned cattle.
- Under the scheme, the aged, sick, needy, exhausted or abandoned cattle or unwanted male calves and cattle seized by the police or enforcement agencies will be taken care of.
iii.The details of all animals in government cowsheds, shelters operated by the city corporations and other urban local bodies will also be included under the scheme.
iv.Under this initiative, Individuals may adopt cattle by paying rupees 11,000 per animal, for a period of the year. However, anyone can also choose the length of time, which can be anywhere from 3 months to 5 years.
UWBe Signs Pact with WCD to Improve Quality of Anganwadis in Karnataka
On 4th August 2022 United Way Bengaluru (UWBe), a Non Governmental Organisation (NGO) which is focused on social issues signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Women and Child Development (WCD), department under Government of Karnataka for strengthening Anganwadi centres.
- Aim – To ensure quality childhood care and development among children up to 6 years at Anganwadi centres.
i.The NGO plans to work with 66,361 Anganwadi centres in Karnataka to directly benefit around 40 lakh children.
- Under which, 21.16 lakh children are between the age group of 6 months to 3 years and 18.67 lakh children are between the age of 3 years and 6 years.
ii.Through the partnership, UWBe will focus on improving nutrition and healthcare services in Anganwadi centres by enhancing the pre-school experience of children at Anganwadis.
- It also improves the overall quality of Anganwadi workers and teachers which in turn to better equip children for schooling.
List of Less Important News – Click Here
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 5 August 2022|
|1||India adds 10 more Wetlands Designated as Ramsar sites to make total 64 sites|
|2||NIESBUD signs MoU with HUL to Develop Entrepreneurial Skills & Create Sustainable Livelihood Opportunities|
|3||Union Cabinet Approves Sugarcane FRP for 2022-23 & India’s Updated NDC to UNFCCC|
|4||IOCL: Signs MoU with Bangladesh for Emergency Supply of Petroleum Goods; MoP&NG Unveils Publications & Stamps|
|5||Government Withdraws Data Protection Bill 2021: Drafts New Data Bill|
|6||World’s largest floating solar power plant to be built in MP|
|7||MoMSME signed MoUs with Ministry of Tourism and NSIC for sharing of Udyam data|
|8||Russia’s RTS signed Deal with AAI to Supply Radio Equipments for 24 Airports in India|
|9||India among Leaders in Annual Renewable Energy Investment: UN’s GCRG on Food, Energy and Finance|
|10||Karnataka Bank Forms Co-Lending Partnership with Yubi|
|11||IRDAI eases norms of Bank Bonds, InvITs/REITs|
|12||Federal Bank Becomes 1st to List Payment Gateway on TIN 2.0 Platform|
|13||Amazon Partners with Indian Railways to Boost Delivery of Packages|
|14||LIC ranked 98th in 2022 Fortune Global 500 list, Reliance ranked 104th|
|15||Sargam Koushal Crowned Winner of Mrs India World 2022-2023|
|16||Uber Technologies sells entire stake in Zomato for Rs.3,088 crore|
|17||NASA Launching 2 More Mini Helicopters to Mars to Recover Martian Samples|
|18||Author & Historian K.R.A. Narasiah’s Autobiography “Through The Rear View Mirror” Launched|
|19||L&T Inks Pact with Gujarat Govt to Establish IT-ITeS Park in Vadodara|
|20||Karnataka: Minister Adopts 31 Cows under Punyakoti Dattu Yojana; UWBe Signs Pact with WCD to Improve Quality of Anganwadis|