We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 29 July 2023, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2023 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs July 2023 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2023 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
PM Modi Inaugrates IECC complex “Bharat Mandapam” at Pragati Maidan; IECC to host G20 Meet
On 26th July 2023, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi inaugurated a futuristic International Exhibition-cum-Convention Centre (IECC), the revamped India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) complex also known as Pragati Maidan Complex, and also unveiled the G20(Group of 20) coin and stamp at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi, Delhi.
- The IECC Complex has been named “Bharat Mandapam” and the naming ceremony of the Centre was carried out using a drone.
- PM Modi performed Havan and Puja at the new ITPO International Exhibition-cum-Convention Centre and felicitated shramiks involved in the construction of the Centre.
- The IECC Complex is set to host the G20 leaders’ meeting which is scheduled to be held in September 2023.
Note: ITPO is the nodal agency of the Government of India under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI) which owns and manages the Pragati Maidan Complex.
i.The IECC complex was developed as a national project at a cost of Rs 2,700 crore with a campus area of 123 acres being India’s largest MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, and Exhibitions) destination.
ii.The IECC complex is placed among the top 10 exhibition and convention complexes in the world by competing with Hannover Exhibition Centre in Germany, the National Exhibition and the Convention Centre (NECC) in Shanghai,China.
i.The complex comprises one mega convention centre divided into four levels, 24 meeting rooms, two auditoriums and another two halls.
ii.The complex also has an amphitheatre with a seating capacity of 3,000 people and 5,500 parking spaces.
iii.The Level-3 of the IECC holds a seating capacity of 7,000 people is said to be larger than the Sydney Opera House in Australia.
iv.The exhibition halls in the complex provide seven innovative spaces for showcasing products, innovations, and ideas.
v.The IECC also includes 5G Wi-Fi campus, 10G Intranet, interpreter room to support 16 languages, advanced AV systems, building management system, light management system, DCN (Data Communication Network) system, surveillance system and centralized air conditioning system.
i.The elliptical design of the building was influenced by the shankha, or conch shell.
ii.The walls and facades of the Convention Centre depict India’s traditional art and culture including
- ‘Surya Shakti’ highlighting India’s efforts in harnessing solar energy,
- ‘Zero to ISRO’(Indian Space Research Organisation), celebrating our achievements in space
- Pancha Mahabhuta signifying the building blocks of universal foundation – Aakash (Sky), Vayu (Air), Agni (Fire), Jal (Water), Prithvi (Earth).
i.The redevelopment of Pragati Maidan began in 2017.
ii.The project is being executed by state-owned NBCC (India) Limited, formerly known as National Buildings Construction Corporation and Shapoorji Pallonji, its subcontractor, on behalf of the India Trade Promotion Organisation.
iii.It was designedby International architectural firm Aedas, and Indian architectural firm Arcop.
PFC and REC Signs MoU for Rs 5 lakh Crore Pacts with Clean Energy companiesPower Finance Corporation Ltd (PFC) and Rural Electrification Corporation(REC Ltd), have signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with clean energy companies for providing a total of Rs 5 lakh crore funds to their projects during the “Green Finance Summit” held in Goa.
- PFC signed pacts worth Rs 2.37 lakh crore with 20 companies in the clean energy space
- REC tied up for Rs 2.75 lakh crore
The MoU were signed for solar, wind, green hydrogen, battery storage, and electric vehicle companies, manufacturers of green energy equipment.
Note: REC & PFC, a State-owned Non-Banking Financing Companies (NBFC) and a Maharatna central public sector undertaking(CPSE) comes under the Ministry of Power.
The “Green Finance” Summit:
The summit is organised by REC Ltd in partnership with the Indian Government’s Group of Twenty (G20) Presidency, on the sidelines of the 14th Clean Energy Ministerial and 8th Mission Innovation meeting (CEM14/MI-8) in Goa between 19th to 22nd of July, 2023.
About Power Finance Corporation Ltd (PFC):
Chairman & Managing Director(MD)- Parminder Chopra
Headquarters- New Delhi, Delhi
>> Read Full News
3rd India & Lao FOC held in Vientiane, Lao; Signed MoUs for 5 QIPsOn July 27, 2023, the 3rd round of Foreign Office Consultations (FOC) between India and Lao People’s Democratic Republic (PDR) was held in Vientiane, Lao PDR. The FOC was co-chaired by Saurabh Kumar, Secretary (East), Ministry of External Affairs(MEA), India and Phoxay Khaykhamphithoune, Deputy Foreign Minister, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Lao PDR.
- During the 3rd India-Lao FOC, 5 Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) were signed between the 2 nations for the implementation of 5 Quick Impact Projects (QIPs), in the fields of education, health, water facility and Information Technology (IT).
i.Both sides reviewed the gamut of their bilateral relations, and explored opportunities to enhance collaboration in areas like development partnership, economic and trade ties, agriculture, healthcare, education, defense, and heritage preservation.
ii.Discussions also covered mutual interests in regional and global issues, along with cooperation in international forums such as the United Nations (UN), ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations), and Mekong Ganga Cooperation.
- Indian side highlighted the cooperation extended by Lao PDR as Country Coordinator for the Mekong Ganga Cooperation.
iv.India also reiterated its support to Lao PDR ‘s upcoming Chairmanship of ASEAN in 2024.
v.The next round(4th) of FOC will be held in New Delhi, Delhi (India) at mutually convenient dates.
vi.The 2nd FOC between India & Lao was held on 10th August 2015 in New Delhi, Delhi.
What are QIPs?
i.QIPs were introduced by the Government of India (GoI) during the 6th Mekong Ganga Cooperation (MGC) Ministerial Meeting in New Delhi on September 4, 2012. These projects aim to benefit CLMV countries (Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, and Vietnam. In this regard, India-CLMV QIPs Revolving Fund was established with an initial annual contribution of US$1 million.
ii.Over time, the India-CLMV Revolving Fund has been revised twice.
- First, it was increased to US$1.25 million following the India-Cambodia Joint Statement in 2018.
- After the India-Vietnam Summit in 2020, the fund was further raised to the US$2 million.
iii.Each QIP project is limited to a cost of no more than US$50,000.
iv.The primary focus of QIPs is on undertaking short gestation, high visibility projects with a completion period of up to one year.
About Lao People’s Democratic Republic (PDR):
Prime Minister– Sonexay Siphandone
Currency– Laotian Kip(Lao kip)
India’s Ambassador to Laos PDR– Prashant Agrawal
BANKING & FINANCE
SEBI Rolled out Framework for CDMDF; mandates FPIs to disclose LEI Code
On July 27, 2023, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has rolled out the Framework for Corporate Debt Market Development Fund (CDMDF) which aims to establish a Backstop Facility to purchase investment-grade corporate debt securities, enhance secondary market liquidity, and boost confidence among the participants in the Corporate Debt Market during periods of stress.
- It complies with the Guarantee Scheme for Corporate Debt (GSCD) notified by the Ministry of Finance on July 26, 2023.
i.SEBI mandates all non-individual foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) to disclose their Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) code to improve the quality and accuracy of financial data systems for better risk management.
About Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI):
The SEBI was constituted as a non-statutory body on April 12, 1988 and it was established as a statutory body in the 1992.
Chairperson– Madhabi Puri Buch
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
>> Read Full News
LIC launches Jeevan Kiran to offer Life Cover with Premium ReturnOn 28th July 2023, Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) launched a new term assurance plan “Jeevan Kiran”, a non-linked, non-participating, individual, savings, and life Insurance plan that offers a combination of protection and savings.
Eligibility & Restrictions:
- Age(Entry): Minimum 18 years to Maximum 65 years.
- Age (Maturity): Minimum 28 years to Maximum 80 years.
- Policy Term : 10 years to 40 years
- Minimum Basic Sum Assured: Rs 15 Lakhs.
- Maximum Basic Sum Assured: No Limit
- Minimum Premium: Rs 3000 for Regular Premium Policies & Rs 30000 for Single Premium Policies.
i.This policy will provide financial support to the family in case of unfortunate death of the life assured during the policy term and returns the total premiums paid in case of survival till maturity.
ii.This is a non-participating product under which benefits payable on death or maturity are guaranteed and fixed irrespective of actual experience.
Benefits payable in case of death
i.For policies with Regular Premium Payments, the “Sum Assured on Death” will be highest of Seven times the Annualised Premium (or) 105% of the “Total Premium Paid” up to the date of death (or) Basic Sum Assured.
ii.For policies with Single Premium Payment, the “Sum Assured on Death” is determined as the greater of 125% of the Single Premium (or) Basic Sum Assured.
It is to be noted that the Death benefits can be received as lump sum or in five equal instalments with intervals of annually, half-yearly, quarterly or monthly.
Upon maturity, if the policy is still active, the “Sum Assured on Maturity” will be equivalent to the “Total Premiums Received by LIC” (after deducting any excess premium, rider premium, taxes, etc.) under both Regular Premium and Single Premium Payment Policies.
i.The plan offers differential premium rates for Smoker/Non-Smoker lives.
ii.Housewives and pregnant ladies are not eligible for this plan. Female lives proposals may be submitted only after six months from the date of their last delivery.
iii.The policy offers two optional riders(supplementary benefits added in the primary life insurance policy) availed by paying an extra premium.
- Accidental Death and Disability Benefit Rider
- Accident Benefit Rider
About Life Insurance Corporation(LIC) of India:
Chairperson – Siddhartha Mohanty
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Established in – 1956
Razorpay launches ‘MoneySaver Export Account’ for Indian exporters to save 50% on overseas bank transfers
On 26th July 2023, Razorpay, a Finetech company announced the launch of its ‘MoneySaver Export Account‘, built specifically for small and mid-size exporters by offering up to 50% savings on international bank transfers for the Indian exporters. The facility allows exporters to open an account in any country of their choice (over 160 countries).
- The exporters receive international payments locally via the Razorpay platform such as FedWire, Automated Clearing House (ACH) and more in order to save from high transfer costs, chargebacks and payment failures.
- With the MoneySaver Export Account, Indian exporters can experience consistent wire transfer from their international customers over 200 countries and have their funds settled directly in their Indian bank accounts.
- By using the Razorpay dashboard, users can access the features and all the payments will come with an electronic Foreign Inward Remittance Statement (FIRS).
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
SBI Ecowrap report: India set to become the world 3rd Largest Economy in 2027According to the State Bank of India’s (SBI) economic research report Ecowrap dated on 27th July 2023, India is set to become the world 3rd Largest Economy in 2027(Financial Year 2028) based on actual Gross domestic product (GDP) data as on March 2023.
- India currently ranks 5th in the world’s largest economy, accounting for 3.4% of global GDP.
- As per the report, India will surpass both Japan and Germany in 2027 if it develops at the present current rate of growth.
India’s GDP in FY24:
i.The report also states that India’s GDP is expected to grow
by more than 8% in the first Quarter of Financial Year 2024 (8.1-8.2%).
ii.It also predicted that India may surpass the 6.5% mark of overall growth (GDP)in FY24.
Top 5 Economies:
(Billion in USD)
|1||United States of America|
i.The incremental increase of USD 1.8 trillion estimated in the economy’s size between 2022-27 will be more than the current size of the Australian economy.
ii.India is all set to touch $20 trillion by 2047 by adding 0.75 trillion USD in every 2 years.
- India’s global share in GDP will cross 4% by 2027.
iii.To achieve the 3rd place India needs to grow by CAGR of 8.4% till 2027 (in dollar terms). This translates into 11.0-11.5% nominal GDP growth per annum (in Rs
terms), which is achievable.
Comparison between 2014 and 2024:
i.The share of India’s GDP is now at 3.5%, as against 2.6% in 2014.
ii.It developed into the 5th largest economy from the 10th in 2014.
i.Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh set to break the $500 billion mark in 2027 (or FY28).
ii.In 2027,the GDP size of major Indian states will be more than the size of some of the Asian and European countries including Vietnam, Norway,Hungary,Qatar.
Estimation of top 3 States contributing to India’s GDP in FY28:
(Billion in USD)
|Countries with equal size in 2027|
About State Bank of India(SBI):
Chairman – Dinesh Kumar Khara
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Established – 1 July 1955
Goa Shipyard & BGIIES signed MoU to use AI for Shipbuilding
On 26th July 2023, the Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL), a Mini Ratna Central Public Sector Undertaking (CPSU), under the Ministry of Defence(MoD), signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the BITS Goa Innovation, Incubation and Entrepreneurship Society (BGIIES, Goa) to drive innovation and progress in the shipbuilding and defence industry using cutting-edge Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies.
- The MoU was signed in the presence of P Ravindran, General Manager (Production), GSL, and Suman Kundu, President BGIIES in Vasco da Gama, Goa.
- BGIIES is a registered Society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 based in Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani, K. K. Birla Goa Campus, Zuarinagar, Goa.
- Under the MoU, both entities will collaborate closely on research and development projects to utilize AI’s full potential in shipbuilding and defence applications.
- The partnership aims to support the research expertise of BITS Goa and the extensive experience of GSL in shipbuilding and defence.
- By utilizing AI-driven solutions, they seek to increase operational efficiency, optimize ship design processes, and strengthen defence capabilities.
- The shared expertise and resources will facilitate the creation of advanced AI algorithms, predictive maintenance models, autonomous systems, and more.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Jim Skea of UK elected as the Chair of IPCCOn 26th July 2023, James Ferguson ‘Jim’ Skea of the United Kingdom (UK) was elected as the new chair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) an intergovernmental body of the United Nations(UN) that works to advance scientific knowledge about climate change caused by human activities.
- The election was held at the United Nations Environment Programme headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya.
- He was elected by 90 votes to 69 in a run-off with Thelma Krug of Brazil.
- As the new chair of IPCC, Jim Skea will lead the Panel through its 7th assessment cycle.
Points to note:
i.The IPCC completed its Sixth Assessment Report (AR6) in March 2023.
ii.Hoesung Lee of South Korea served as the Chair of IPCC since October 2015.
About the Election of IPCC Chair:
i.Thelma Krug (Brazil); Debra Roberts (South Africa); Jim Skea (UK); Jean-Pascal van Ypersele (Belgium) were the candidates nominated for the post of IPCC chair.
ii.Among the 4 candidates 2 were women. Thelma Krug, an IPCC vice-chair and former researcher at National Space Institute, Brazil and Debra Roberts, co-chair of an IPCC working group investigating the effects of climate change on societies and ecosystems.
iii.This was the first elections in the history of the IPCC with women candidates running for the chair of IPCC.
About Jim Skea:
i.He served as a member of the IPCC Bureau since 2008 and he has nearly 40 years of experience and expertise in climate science.
ii.He served as the Research Director of the UK Energy Research Centre (UKERC) from 2004-2012.
iii.He co-led the IPCC’s landmark Special Reports on “Global Warming of 1.5 °C” in 2018 and “Climate Change and Land” in 2019 and the 2022 Report on the Mitigation of Climate Change.
iv.He was a co-author of the 2023 Sixth Assessment Synthesis Report.
About Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC):
It was established by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) in 1988
Chairperson– James Ferguson ‘Jim’ Skea
Headquarters– Geneva, Switzerland
India’s UN Ambassador Ruchira Kamboj, Assumes the Chairmanship of 62nd Session of CSocDIndia’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations (UN), Ambassador Ruchira Kamboj, has assumed the chairmanship of the 62nd Session of the Commission for Social Development (CSocD62).
Note: CSocD meets annually in New York, The United States of America(USA), usually in February.
i.On 15th February 2023, India has been elected as the chair of the 62nd session of the UNCSocD, during the 13th plenary meeting-61st session of the commission for social development. India will hold its term until 2027.
ii.The commission elected Ruchira Kamboj as the chair of CSocD62 and Carla María Carlson, Counsellor at the Permanent Mission of the Dominican Republic; H.E. Jon Ivanovski, Deputy Permanent Representative at the Permanent Mission of North Macedonia; and Thomas Lammar, Counsellor at the Permanent Mission of Luxembourg were also elected as the Vice Chairpersons of the CSocD62.
iii.For the first time since 1975, India has been elected as the chair of CSocD.
i.The central theme for the CSocD62 is “Fostering Social Development and Social Justice through Social Policies to accelerate Progress on the Implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and to achieve the overarching goal of poverty eradication”.
- The theme underscores the vital connection between social development and social justice as they form the bedrock for achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
About United Nation’s Commission for Social Development (UN CSocD):
CSocD, originally known as the Social Commission (renamed in 1966), was established by ECOSOC res. 10 (II) (1946).
i.CSocD is one of the key commissions tasked with monitoring and carrying out the Copenhagen Declaration and Programme of Action.
ii.It was established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
iii.The commission’s goal is to advise the ECOSOC, on social issues that are not covered by specialized intergovernmental organizations.
iv.It consists of 46 members, elected by the ECOSOC for 4-year terms based on equitable geographical distribution.
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
CCI approves Acquisition of 59.38% stake in Unichem by Ipca LabsThe Competition Commission of India (CCI), the competition regulator in India, approved the proposed combination involving acquisition of shareholding up to 59.38% of stake in Unichem Laboratories Limited by Ipca Laboratories Limited.
Acquirer: Ipca Laboratories Limited.
Target: Unichem Laboratories Limited.
i.In April 2023, The Acquirer entered into a definitive share purchase agreement for acquisition of one-third (2.35 crore shares at Rs 440/ share) of the Target overall shareholding for a cash consideration of Rs 1,034 crore.
ii.As per the acquisition regulations of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), the Acquirer also made an open offer to acquire up to 26% of the shares of the Target at Rs 440 apiece, aggregating to Rs 805.4 crore.
i.The proposed combination pertains to proposed acquisition of approximately 33.38% of the issued and paid-up equity voting share capital (on a fully diluted basis) of the Target by the Acquirer pursuant to a share purchase agreement.
ii.Additionally, since the Acquirer is acquiring more than 25% shareholding in the Target, which is a listed company, the Acquirer is required to make an open offer for the purchase of equity shares up to 26% of the Target’s equity share capital in accordance with the SEBI (Substantial Acquisition of Shares and Takeovers) Regulations, 2011.
iii.Accordingly, the Acquirer will acquire up to 59.38% shareholding of the Target (Proposed Combination).
- Ipca Laboratories Limited, a fully-integrated pharmaceutical company that manufactures formulations and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) for various therapeutic segments.
- Unichem Laboratories Limited is active in the sale of formulations, APIs, intermediates, and contract manufactured finished formulation dosages, globally.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
TKMS Signs MoU With MDL to Modernise INS SHANKUSH SubmarineThyssenkrupp Marine Systems (TKMS ) and Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd (MDL) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the overhaul and modernization of a Sub-Surface Killer (SSK) class submarine, Indian Navy Ship (INS) Shankush to extend its operational capability.
- MDL, a Miniratna I Central Public Sector Undertaking (CPSU) will act as general contractor up till the on-time delivery of the submarine.
- TKMS, a Germany-based leading naval company, will be responsible for supplying selected systems, equipment and components as well as for on-site technical support and pressure hull inspection.
About INS SHANKUSH:
i.INS SHANKUSH is the second submarine in a series of four Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft (HDW) Class 209 Type 1500 boats that are all still in service.
ii.INS Shankush was first commissioned by the Indian Navy in 1986 as part of German-Indian cooperation.
iii.To extend the life of INS SHANKUSH, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) had signed a ₹2,725-crore contract with MDL for the Medium Refit with Life Certification (MRLC) and said to be delivered in 2026.
iv.The first submarine in this class is undergoing MRLC and will be back on sail by August 2023.
Note: In June 2023 ,TKMS & MDL had signed an MoU for the local construction of submarines for the Indian Navy as part of India’s effort to meet India’s Project 75I requirement.
About Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd (MDL):
Chairman & Managing Director(MD)- Sanjeev Singhal
Headquarters- Mumbai, Maharashtra
NASA, DARPA enlist Lockheed to build Nuclear-Powered SpacecraftOn 26th July 2023, United States Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) and National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) penned an agreement with Littleton, Colorado based aerospace and defence firm Lockheed Martin to construct Nuclear Thermal Rocket (NTR) vehicle to use in NASA’s Demonstration Rocket for Agile Cislunar Operations(DRACO) program for crewed missions to Mars.
- This will help NASA & DARPA jointly to launch a nuclear-powered satellite as soon as 2027.
- The engine uses a nuclear fission reactor to generate high temperatures which is efficient than chemical propulsion systems.
About Demonstration Rocket for Agile Cislunar Operations(DRACO) program:
NASA is attempting to develop a nuclear rocket that will take humanity to Mars and beyond. Under the DRACO program, NASA aims to have an in-space test of Nuclear Thermal Propulsion (NPT) within 2027 with an estimate of USD 499 million.
- In 1979, NASA contemplated a manned Mars Mission utilising a nuclear-powered spacecraft known as Nuclear Engine for Rocket Vehicle Application (NERVA). Unfortunately, the NERVA project was abandoned.
- Under the agreement with DARPA, Lockheed Martin is responsible for spacecraft design, integration, and testing.
i.BWX Technologies, based in Lynchburg, Virginia, is responsible for the design and build of the nuclear fission reactor that will power the engine.
ii.DRACO engine features a nuclear reactor which heats hydrogen from a frigid temperature of minus 420 degrees Fahrenheit to an incredibly hot 4,400 degrees. The resultant hot gas will be expelled through a nozzle to create the necessary thrust for propulsion.
iii.NASA’s Space Technology Mission Directorate (STMD) is responsible for the overall management and execution of the nuclear-powered DRACO engine.
The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) launched the program in 2021. In January 2023, NASA joined the program. It was agreed that
- The technical development of the nuclear thermal engine, which will be integrated into DARPA’s experimental spacecraft, will be led by NASA’s Space Technology Mission Directorate (STMD).
‘AGRIBOT A6’ Drone of IoTechWorld Avigation Receives Type Certification from DGCA
IoTechWorld Avigation Private Limited , a Gurugram (Haryana)-based Agri-drone manufacturer, obtained a Type Certificate (TC) for its new indigenous drone model ‘AGRIBOT A6‘ from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) in India, regulatory body in the field of Civil Aviation. This the second drone from IoTechWorld that has received TC.
- IoTechWorld Avigation Pvt Ltd was awarded the first TC under Drone Rules, 2021 in June 2022.
- TC for drones is an official document issued by the DGCA certifying that a specific type of drone meets all the technical parameters and safety standards for operation in India.
- AGRIBOT A6 model is 30% more compact than the previous model and is easy to transport and operate.
- AIF (Agriculture Infrastructure Fund) is available for AGRIBOT A6 in which 90% collateral free loan is available at 3% subvention on the interest rate
Note: The certification, a compulsory requirement under the Drone Rules 2021, verifies that the drone adheres to the highest safety and quality standards.
World Hepatitis Day 2023 – 28th July
The World Health Organization’s (WHO’s) World Hepatitis Day (WHD)
is annually observed across the globe on the 28th July to create awareness and educate people about the effect of viral hepatitis.
- The theme for WHD 2023- “One Life, One Liver” which creates awareness in the public by emphasizing the need for prevention, early detection, and adherence to prescribed treatment.
‘We’re Not Waiting’ is the campaign theme for WHD 2023.
Hepatitis is an inflammation of the liver, often caused by viral infections.
ii.Five main strains of the hepatitis virus – A, B, C, D, and E – are responsible for the majority of cases but they differ in important ways including modes of transmission, severity of the illness, geographical distribution and prevention methods.
About World Health Organisation(WHO):
Director-General- Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
Headquarters- Geneva, Switzerland
Founded in- 1948
>> Read Full News
World Nature Conservation Day 2023 – July 28
World Nature Conservation Day is annually observed across the globe on July 28 to create awareness about the importance of protecting the natural resources and wildlives.
- The day also aims to educate the people about the necessity of conservation of natural resources, bio-diversity and ecology across the world and the challenges of climate change.
Tata Technologies signed MoA with Chhattisgarh to Transform ITIs into Industry 4.0 Tech Hub
Tata Technologies Limited, a global product engineering company, signed a 10-year Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) with the Department of Skill Development, Technical Education and Employment, Government of Chhattisgarh to transform 36 government-owned Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) in Chhattisgarh into Industry 4.0 technology hub. The total cost of the project is Rs 1188.36 crore.
- The MoA was signed in the presence of Bhupesh Baghel, Chief Minister(CM) of Chhattisgarh.
- Tata Technologies is collaborating with 20 global industry partners to upgrade the ITIs which will offer 6 new trades and 23 new short-term courses that cater to Industry 4.0 demands.
- The upgraded ITIs will serve as skill incubation centres, strengthening the technical proficiency of students and potential employers.
- The collaboration will upskill the youth of Chhattisgarh with a comprehensive understanding of Industry 4.0 technologies and increase their employability and also strengthening the industrial landscape of Chhattisgarh.
Note: Tata Technologies Limited is a subsidiary of TATA Motors Limited.
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 29 July 2023|
|1||PM Modi Inaugrates IECC complex “Bharat Mandapam” at Pragati Maidan; IECC to host G20 Meet|
|2||PFC and REC Signs MoU for Rs 5 lakh Crore Pacts with Clean Energy companies|
|3||3rd India & Lao FOC held in Vientiane, Lao; Signed MoUs for 5 QIPs|
|4||SEBI Rolled out Framework for CDMDF; mandates FPIs to disclose LEI Code|
|5||LIC launches Jeevan Kiran to offer Life Cover with Premium Return|
|6||Razorpay launches ‘MoneySaver Export Account’ for Indian exporters to save 50% on overseas bank transfers|
|7||SBI Ecowrap report: India set to become the world 3rd Largest Economy in 2027|
|8||Goa Shipyard & BGIIES signed MoU to use AI for Shipbuilding|
|9||Jim Skea of UK elected as the Chair of IPCC|
|10||India’s UN Ambassador Ruchira Kamboj, Assumes the Chairmanship of 62nd Session of CSocD|
|11||CCI approves Acquisition of 59.38% stake in Unichem by Ipca Labs|
|12||TKMS Signs MoU With MDL to Modernise INS SHANKUSH Submarine|
|13||NASA, DARPA enlist Lockheed to build Nuclear-Powered Spacecraft|
|14||‘AGRIBOT A6’ Drone of IoTechWorld Avigation Receives Type Certification from DGCA|
|15||World Hepatitis Day 2023 – 28th July|
|16||World Nature Conservation Day 2023 – July 28|
|17||Tata Technologies singed MoA with Chhattisgarh to Transform ITIs into Industry 4.0 Tech Hub|
Aspirant: Does Affairscloud covers all the Current affairs topics related to examinations?
Affairscloud: We Guaranteed All the Important topics related to examination are covered in Our Daily CA content and Daily CA Quizzes.
Aspirant: Why is there a delayal in news?
Affairscloud: As some of the major news sites doesn’t provide the required data on the exact day, we take extra time for important data to be presented to the aspirants on the examination basis to ensure nothing is missed.
Example: In ‘Important Days’ topics the International Organisations publish their reports and Rankings in the evenings, to make sure every data is covered, we delay the topics to the next day.