Our Current Affairs November 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
Gajendra Singh Shekhawat launched River Cities Alliance for Sustainable Management of Urban Rivers
ii.This alliance is launched after the collaboration of two entities i.e. National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG), MoJS; and National Institute for Urban Affairs (NIUA), Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
iii.Its Secretariat will be set up at NIUA, with NMCG’s support.
About National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG):
The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG), under the Ministry of Jal Shakti, is a society registered on 12th August 2011 under the Societies Registration Act 1860.
- It acted as the implementation arm of the National Ganga River Basin Authority (NGRBA).
- Aim- To clean Ganges and its tributaries.
Director General– Rajiv Ranjan Mishra
Headquarters– New Delhi, Delhi
National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA):
Established in 1976, it is tasked to bridge the gap between research and practice on issues related to urbanization.
Director– Hitesh Vaidya
Headquarters– New Delhi, Delhi
>>Read Full News
NIA: Foundation stone of India’s 1st Zero Emission Airport laid by PM Narendra Modi at Jewar, UP
ii.The airport is planned in 1334 hectares in the Yamuna Expressway International Development Authority (YEIDA) notified area of district Gautam Budhha Nagar, UP.
iii.The airport is being developed by concessionaire Yamuna International Airport Private Limited (YIAPL), a 100% subsidiary of Zurich International Airport AG (Kloten, Switzerland).
iv.It will be India’s first net zero emissions airport. It has earmarked dedicated land to be developed as a forest park using trees from the project site.
About Uttar Pradesh (UP):
Airport– Kanpur airport, Gorakhpur airport, Agra Airport (Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Airport)
Heritage site – Agra fort(1983) , Taj Mahal (1983), Fatehpur Sikri (1986)
Bird sanctuary– Nawabganj Bird Sanctuary,Sandi Bird Sanctuary, Samaspur Bird Sanctuary
>>Read Full News
IAF commissions 2 Mirage 2000 Fighters from France at Gwalior Air Base
- The IAF had acquired around 51 Mirages in different batches and they form three squadrons which are all based in the Gwalior Air Force station under the Mirage upgrade deal.
- The Mirage aircrafts are made by Dassault Aviation.
Note – The Mirage upgrade deal was signed in 2011 between the France and India was signed for enhancing the capabilities of these 51 aircraft
i.India has been acquiring the Mirage aircraft fleet from the French Air Force since the 1980s.
ii.In July 2011, India signed a $2.1 billion worth deal with France to upgrade its fleet of Mirage 2000 fighter jets to Mirage 2000-5 Mk at about $43 million per Mirage aircraft.
iii.In 2011, another $900 million worth deal was signed with the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for upgrading remaining Mirage aircraft in India in 2015.
i.The Mirage upgrade deal aims at enhancing the capabilities of 51 Mirage aircraft with new radar systems, new weapon suite, electronic warfare system, and missiles.
ii.The aircraft will be upgraded to the latest standard as part of the ongoing Mirage upgrade deal with the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited.
The Indian investment on phased out old french aircraft for spares of Mirages will help in maintaining the aircraft till 2035.
About Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
Chairman & Managing Director – R Madhavan
Headquarters – Benguluru, Karnataka
Kantar’s BrandZ India report 2021: Amazon, Asian Paints, Tata Tea top the India’s Most Purposeful Brand Rankings
- The report is based on an analysis of 418 brands across 30 categories, to find the brand’s purpose and its ability to ‘make people’s lives better’.
- It report surveyed over 12,000 respondents and the database includes 28 attributes that make a brand favourable to shoppers.
India’s Top 5 Most Purposeful Brands – Technology, FMCG, Non-FMCG:
|Rank||Most Purposeful Technology Brands||Most Purposeful FMCG Brands||Most Purposeful Non-FMCG Brands|
|1||Amazon||Tata Tea||Asian Paints|
|Samsung and Jio|
|3||YouTube||Taj Mahal (tea brand)||MRF|
|4||Google and Swiggy||Parachute and Maggi||Tata Housing|
CEO – Chris Jansen
Global headquarters – London, England
>>Read Full News
1st ever Aharbal Festival Held in Kulgam, J&K to promote tourism
- Aharbal falls, also known as “Niagara Falls” of Kashmir, is a hill station in the south-western part of Kashmir Valley in the Jammu and Kashmir(J&K),
About the 1st Aharbal Festival:
i.As a part of the festival, Multiple stalls were put up by several departments including Agriculture, horticulture, Sheep, Animal Husbandry, Tourism, Khadi and Village Industries Board, Apiculture, Floriculture and Handicrafts and entrepreneurs.
ii.Various events like cultural, musical programmes and adventure activities were organised as a part of the 1st Aharbal Festival.
i.As a part of the Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav, The J & K’s Department of Tourism is planning to promote 75 offbeat tourist destinations in J & K through a dedicated festival.
ii.The department has organised several day-long festivals at various lesser-known and offbeat destinations as a part of a promotional campaign.
iii.These festivals aim to promote these destinations and bring them on the tourism map.
1st ever Lolab festival:
The department organised the Lolab festival, a one-day festival at Chandigam Lolab in north Kashmir’s Kupwara district, J & K.
The department organised Doodhpathri Festival, a 3-day tourism festival at Budgam, J & K, to promote Doodhpathri as an attractive tourist destination.
Meghalaya inaugurates Cherry Blossom Festival 2021 in Shillong
i.The annual festival coincides with the actual blooming of the cherry blossom flowers. It is also known as the Prunus Cerasoides, these flowers underline the Himalayas and cover the east and west Khasi hills.
ii.Since 2016, Shillong has been celebrating cherry blossom blooming by organising a festival. It has been rebranded by the State Tourism Department as the “Shillong Cherry Blossom”.
iii.Ward’s Lake will host the celebrations of the 1st edition of literary festival – “Shillong Cherry Blossom Literary Festival-1st Edition”, and the Polo Grounds will host musical performances, fashion shows and other events.
Festival-Shad Suk Mynsiem Festival, Nongkrem Festival, Behdeinkhlam Festival
Dance- Shad Weiking (festival dance), Shad Nongkrem or Pomblang Nongkrem
MoHFW Minister Dr. Bharati Pravin Pawar Flags Off Food Safety Awareness vehicles
- On the occasion, the Minister unveiled a cookbook titled ‘Eat Right with Low Salt’.
- A report titled ‘National Low Salt Cooking Challenge Report’ was also released.
- The book ‘History and Food’, which traces history of commonly cooked and consumed foods in India was also released.
i.According to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoH&FW), a total of 60 Food Safety on Wheels (FSWs) and 95 Modified Food Safety on Wheels will be presently provided to the States/UTs. These are the food safety detecting vehicles.
ii.The Mobile Food Testing vans called “Food Safety on Wheels“. These vans are equipped with State-of-the-Art equipment to detect adulteration in submitted food items.
What is FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India)?
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is an autonomous statutory body established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 (FSS Act).
- The MoH&FW is the administrative Ministry of FSSAI.
- Headquarters- New Delhi, Delhi
- Chairperson – Ms Rita Teaotia
About Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoH&FW):
Minister- Mansukh Mandaviya (Rajya Sabha,Gujarat)
Minister of state- Dr. Bharati Pravin Pawar (Dindori, Maharashtra)
DTO Launched on Delhi Metro’s Pink Line; DMRC Becomes World’s 4th Biggest Metro Railway Network
- This makes the DMRC the 4th biggest driverless Metro railway network in the world with a total of 97 km in the driverless system.
- Pink Line becomes the 2nd Metro corridor in New Delhi to have driverless train operations.
First DTO facility:
i.In December 2020, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated India’s first driverless operations on DMRC’s Magenta Line(37Km), which connects Botanical Garden with Janakpuri.
ii.With this DMRC joined the 7% of the metro train systems across the world that run fully automated metro networks.
i.The diagnostic features of the DTO will assist to move to condition-based maintenance from conventional time-based maintenance. This will reduce the maintenance downtime of metro trains.
ii.On the completion of the phase 4 project, driverless operations will be available on the extensions of the Pink Line, Magenta Line and Silver line(Aerocity – Tughalakabad), DMRC will become the 2nd largest driverless Metro network in the world with 160 km of DTO equipped corridors.
India gets Elected to UNESCO World Heritage Committee for 4-year term
i.India is one among the 12 new members to the World Heritage Committee elected at the 23rd General Assembly of state parties to the World Heritage Convention held at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris, France under the chairmanship of H.E. Mr Tebogo Seokolo (South Africa).
12 new members – Argentina, Belgium, Bulgaria, Greece, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Qatar, Rwanda, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Zambia.
About World Heritage Committee:
Chairman – Tian Xuejun (China)
i.The World Heritage Committee meets annually which contains a Total of 21 representatives of the States Parties elected by the UN General Assembly.
ii.The Committee is responsible for reporting on conservation and implementing the World Heritage Convention and also decides on the inscription or deletion of properties on the List of World Heritage in Danger and World Heritage List.
About UNESCO Executive Board:
i.The UNESCO Executive Board is one of the three constitutional organs of the UN agency (Others – General Conference and the Secretariat) which is elected by the General Conference.
ii.It consists of 58 member states each with a 4-year term of office
iii.The Executive Board examines the programme of work and budget estimation for the UN organization.
Note – In November 2021, India was re-elected to the UNESCO Executive Board for a 4-year term.
Director General – Audrey Azoulay
Headquarters – Paris, France
41st Session of UNESCO’s General Conference held in Paris, France from 9-24 November 2021
- Ambassador Santiago Irazabal Mourão, Permanent Delegate of Brazil to UNESCO, has taken over as the President of the 41st session of the General Conference.
Audrey Azoulay re-elected as the Director-General of UNESCO:
Audrey Azoulay was reelected for a 2nd mandate as Director-General of UNESCO. She won the 2nd mandate at the 41st session of the General Conference with 155 votes out of a total of 169 ballots cast.
About United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization(UNESCO):
Director-General– Audrey Azoulay
Headquarters– Paris, France
Members- 193 Members and 11 Associate Members.
>>Read Full News
Germany Announces 1.2 Billion Euros for Clean Energy Commitments to India
- Announcement for aid was made amid the visit of a Professor Dr Claudia Warning, Director General, German Ministry of Economic Cooperation & Development.
- The commitment of more than EUR 1.2 billion includes EUR 713 million for energy, EUR 409 million for urban development, and EUR 90 million for agro ecology and natural resources. The projects will support India’s targets to expand solar power generation.
Indo-German Collaboration on climate change:
i.India is Germany’s largest development cooperation ally with four fundamental areas of collaboration such as climate change, urbanisation, natural resource depletion and strain on politics and society.
ii.India and Germany collectively contributed to roughly 9% of Global Greenhouse Gas (GHG).
iii.Comparing to 1990, Germany has planned to bring about climate neutrality by the year 2045 and also to reduce emissions by 77% in energy sector and 58% in the industrial sector while India aims to reach net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2070.
iv.At 26th Conference of Parties (COP26), both the countries agreed to phase down unabated coal power. India has already identified 50 gigawatts (GW) of coal plants for retirement by 2027.
President – Frank-Walter Steinmeier
Capital – Berlin
Currency – Euro
German Ambassador to India – Walter Lindner
BANKING & FINANCE
Yes Bank partnered with Amazon Pay, AWS to offer UPI Services
- The integration will enable Amazon Pay to issue UPI IDs with its @yapl handle and allow customers to make secure, fast and convenient payments through Yes Bank’s digital payments platform.
- This will also extend the bank’s presence in the UPI merchant business segment.
i.In FY21, Yes Bank recorded a market share of around 40% by volume in the UPI sector and around 30% by volume in the UPI merchant acquiring business.
ii.Yes Bank has developed a cloud-native UPI processing platform to optimally handle the high traffic of transactions observed during surge periods like festivals or annual sales. The Bank is hosting its UPI processing platform on AWS.
About Yes Bank:
MD & CEO– Prashant Kumar
Headquarter– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Tagline– Experience Our Expertise
HSBC India Launched India’s 1st Credit Card made from Recycled PVC Plastic
- The cards are made from 85 percent recycled plastic and each card will save 3.18gm of plastic waste in addition to helping lower overall carbon emission.
- The cards have been introduced in partnership with global cards manufacturer IDEMIA to gradually eliminate single-use PVC plastic.
- At first, the initiative of using recycled PVC plastic was implemented for HSBC Cashback Credit Card and it will be gradually extended to all card variants.
- The card was launched as a part of a new programme launched by HSBC Group to introduce sustainable cards across all its global locations to support its global commitments to sustainability and a net-zero in its operations by 2030.
About HSBC India:
Establishment – 1853
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
CEO – Hitendra Dave
ESAF Small Finance Bank Launches Electric Vehicle Loan Scheme – ‘Go Green’
- ‘ESAF Go green’ loans are available at low-interest rate, zero foreclosure charges, minimal processing fee and zero documentation charges.
i.The Loans validate ESAF Small Finance Bank’s social business strategy that impacts people, planet and prosperity.
ii.The concessions and incentives have been introduced by the government and local bodies to increase the use of electric vehicles which in turn benefits the consumers and the environment along with special consideration to the budget for promotion of electric vehicles.
About ESAF Small Finance Bank
ESAF Small Finance Bank has 46 lakhs customers through 550 banking outlets across 21 states and 2 union territories.
MD & CEO – Kadambelil Paul Thomas
Headquarters – Thrissur, Kerala
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Collins Dictionary’s Word of the Year 2021 – NFT
The Collins Dictionary has selected the term ‘NFT’, the short for ‘Non-Fungible Token’, as the word of the year 2021. According to Collins, NFT is defined as a unique digital certificate, registered in a blockchain, that is used to record the ownership of an asset such as an artwork or a collectible.
Collins’s word of the year 2020 was “Lockdown”.
NFT word of 2021:
i.NFT was chosen as the word of the year 2021 since the use of the abbreviation has increased by more than 11000% in 2021.
ii.NFT is one of the 3 tech-based words to make it to Collins’ new words list.
- ‘Crypto’, a short form of cryptocurrency and ‘metaverse’, which describes a three-dimensional virtual world are the other 2 tech-based words on collins list.
What is an NFT?
i.NFT are digital assets, real-world physical assets like a painting, game, music album, collectable sports cards.
ii.These assets are bought and sold using cryptocurrency, as they are encoded with similar software, simplifying the transaction process.
iii.NFT can only have one official owner at a time.
i.NFTs first appeared in the form of ‘colored coins’ in 2012, originally issued on the bitcoin blockchain.
ii.“Quantum”, an octagon-shaped animation by New York artist Kevin McCoy, became the first work to be associated with an NFT-type certificate of ownership in May 2014.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Interpol Elects UAE’s Ahmed Naser Al-Raisi as its President
- The president is a high profile figure who chairs meetings of Interpol’s assembly and executive committee.
India’s Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) special director Praveen Sinha elected as the delegate for Asia in the Executive Panel/committee of the Interpol.
- CBI represents India in Interpol to ensure the widest possible assistance between criminal police authorities to prevent crimes.
Headquarters- Lyon, France
Secretary General – Jürgen Stock
Founder- Johannes Schober
>>Read Full News
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Pakistan Successfully Test Fires Surface-to-Surface Ballistic Missile – Shaheen 1-A
- The flight test was witnessed by Lieutenant General Nadeem Zaki Manj, Director General Strategic Plans Division, Raza Samar, National Engineering & Scientific Commission (NESCOM) Chairman, Lieutenant General Muhammad Ali, Commander Army Strategic Forces Command, and the scientists and engineers of strategic organisations.
- The Pakistan army did not share any technical details of the missile.
Previous Test Fires:
i.On February 3 2021 Pakistan’s Army Strategic Force Command (ASFC) successfully test fired the Nuclear capable surface-to-surface Ballistic missile Ghaznavi (HATF-III)
ii.On February 11 2021, Pakistan test fired a short-range surface-to-surface Ballistic missile ‘Babur’ from a state-of-art multi tube missile launch vehicle
iii.In March 26 2021, the Pakistan armed forces had conducted the successful test launch of the nuclear-capable Shaheen 1-A (HATF – IV) medium-range ballistic missile with a range of 900 kilometres.
President – Arif Alvi
Prime Minister- Imran Khan
Capital – Islamabad
Currency – Pakistani Rupee
National Milk Day 2021 – November 26
The day also aims to create awareness about the importance of milk and dairy products as a global food.
- The day is annually organised by the Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying under the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying.
The National Milk Day 2021 marks the 100th Birth anniversary of Verghese Kurien, who was also fondly known as the Milk Man of India.
i.The National Milk day was initiated by the Indian Dairy Association(IDA) along with 22 state-level milk federations and Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation(GCMMF) – AMUL.
ii.The National Milk Day was first observed on 26th November 2014.
National Gopal Ratna Awards 2021:
Parshottam Rupala, Union Minister for Animal Husbandry and Dairying presented the first-ever National Gopal Ratna Awards 2021 to the winners of the Best Dairy Farmer rearing indigenous cattle/buffalo breeds, Best Artificial Insemination Technician and Best Dairy Cooperative Society (DCS)/ Milk Producer Company/ Dairy Farmer Producer Organisation in the country.
- The award consists of a Certificate of merit, a memento and a cash award of Rs 5 lakh for the 1st rank, Rs 3 lakh for the 2nd rank and Rs 2 lakh for the 3rd rank under each category.
About National Dairy Development Board (NDDB):
Chairman– Meenesh C Shah
Headquarters– Anand, Gujarat
>>Read Full News
Constitution Day 2021 – November 26
The day also aims to promote constitutional values among the citizens of India.
26th November 2021 marks the 72nd anniversary of the adoption of the Constitution of India.
i.On 19th November 2015, The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment notified the decision of the Indian government to observe the 26th November of every year as ‘Constitution Day’.
ii.This announcement was made as a part of the year-long celebration of the 125th birth anniversary of Dr B R Ambedkar.
About Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs:
Union Minister-Pralhad Venkatesh Joshi(Constituency- Dharwad, Karnataka)
Minister of State– V. Muraleedharan (Rajya sabha – Maharashtra ) & Arjun Ram Meghwal (Constituency- Bikaner, Rajasthan)
>>Read Full News
MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Energy Minister RK Singh laid Foundation Stone of Solar Power Parks in MP
- The 1500 MW solar power parks in MP include 2 units of 550 MW in Agar district, 3 units of 450 MW in Shajapur district and 3 units of 500 MW capacity in Neemuch district. Power generation from the projects will start in March 2023.
- The CM stated MP as the fast moving state towards fulfilling the target of Prime Minister Narendra Modi of meeting 50 percent of India’s solar energy requirement by 2030.
- MP is being self-sufficient in power generation. The state is producing 22,000MW electricity per day in which more than 5300 MW is of solar power.
i.Urja Saksharta Abhiyan:
- The CM also launches the ‘Urja Saksharta Abhiyan’ (USHA), a mass campaign on how to stop the wastage of electricity. This is the first of its kind campaign in India to educate people on saving electricity.
- USHA will connect schools, colleges and the general public in the movement to stop wastage of power.
ii.The CM and Energy Minister also signed contracts with private investors for Pradhan Mantri Kusum- Yojana.
iii.The state cabinet ratified the amendment of the Gram Panchayat Raj evam Gram Swaraj (Samsodhan) Vidhayak, 2021.
iv.The state cabinet also approved the setting up of a cyber tehsil to resolve property transfer issues under the revenue department.
About Madhya Pradesh (MP):
Governor – Mangubhai Chhaganbhai Patel
National Park – Panna National Park, Pench National Park
Wildlife Sanctuary – Phen Wildlife Sanctuary, Ralamandal Wildlife Sanctuary, Ratapani Wildlife Sanctuary
Haryana signs Pact with NISG To Rope Expertise from Public and Private Sectors
On 25 November 2021, the Government of Haryana signed a MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with the National Institute for Smart Government (NISG). The agreement will provide experience and expertise from the public and private sectors to boost delivery of services.
- The decision was taken under the chairmanship of Chief Minister (CM) of Haryana, Manohar Lal Khattar.
- The NISG is an Institution of Excellence (IoE) in e-governance to assist governments in better implementation of policies. It works under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
What is in the MoU?
i.It defines the mission, vision and goals for programmes and to formulate the policies accordingly.
ii.The agreement will be valid for a period of 5 years (2021-2026), which may be extended further up to five years by mutual consent of both parties.
iii.The State government and the NISG will work together. They will nominate ‘Coordinators’ as ‘Nodal Officers’ to represent the parties.
- The Nodal Officers will help in planning, implementing, monitoring and reviewing the schedules of various policies.
Stadium- Tau Devi Lal Stadium, Nahar Singh Stadium (Mayur Stadium)
Festival- Gangore, Baisakhi, Teej
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 27 November 2021|
|1||Gajendra Singh Shekhawat launched River Cities Alliance for Sustainable Management of Urban Rivers|
|2||NIA: Foundation stone of India’s 1st Zero Emission Airport laid by PM Narendra Modi at Jewar, UP|
|3||IAF commissions 2 Mirage 2000 Fighters from France at Gwalior Air Base|
|4||Kantar’s BrandZ India report 2021: Amazon, Asian Paints, Tata Tea top the India’s Most Purposeful Brand Rankings|
|5||1st ever Aharbal Festival Held in Kulgam, J&K to promote tourism|
|6||Meghalaya inaugurates Cherry Blossom Festival 2021 in Shillong|
|7||MoS Health Bharati Pawar flags off Food Safety Awareness Vehicles & Releases a Report at FSSAI HQ|
|8||DTO Launched on Delhi Metro’s Pink Line; DMRC Becomes World’s 4th Biggest Metro Railway Network|
|9||India gets Elected to UNESCO World Heritage Committee for 4-year term|
|10||41st Session of UNESCO’s General Conference held in Paris, France from 9-24 November 2021|
|11||Germany Announces 1.2 Billion Euros for Clean Energy Commitments to India|
|12||Yes Bank partnered with Amazon Pay, AWS to offer UPI Services|
|13||HSBC India Launched India’s 1st Credit Card made from Recycled PVC Plastic|
|14||ESAF Small Finance Bank Launches Electric Vehicle Loan Scheme – ‘Go Green’|
|15||Collins Dictionary’s Word of the Year 2021 – NFT|
|16||Interpol Elects UAE’s Ahmed Naser Al-Raisi as its President|
|17||Pakistan Successfully Test Fires Surface-to-Surface Ballistic Missile – Shaheen 1-A|
|18||National Milk Day 2021 – November 26|
|19||Constitution Day 2021 – November 26|
|20||MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Energy Minister RK Singh laid Foundation Stone of Solar Power Parks in MP|
|21||Haryana signs a pact with NISG to bring in Expertise from Public and Private Sectors|