We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 27 & 28 February 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs January 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
28th DST-CII India-Singapore Technology Summit 2022 Held Virtually
i.On February 23-24, 2022, the 28th edition of DST-CII India-Singapore Technology Summit 2022 held virtually on the theme ‘Building Economies for the Future’ which was attended by Minister of State(MoS-Independent Charge) Dr Jitendra Singh, Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST), Government of India and S Iswaran, Minister for Transport and Minister-in-charge of Trade Relations, Singapore.
ii.It was organized by New Delhi, Delhi based Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in partnership with the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India.
iii.Singapore is the partner country for the 28th edition of the summit Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) of Singapore represents Singapore in the summit.
Currency– Singapore dollar (SGD)
Prime Minister– Lee Hsien Loong
>> Read Full News
Tamil Nadu Surpasses Karnataka Became Top State in Overall Installed Renewable Capacity
According to the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MoNRE), Tamil Nadu (TN) has achieved the first position in overall installed renewable energy capacity in India surpassing Karnataka.
- In recent years, Tamil Nadu has increased its capacity across solar and wind segments to regain its top position against Karnataka.
i.As of 31st January 2022, TN’s total installed renewable capacity stood at 15,914 MegaWatt (MW) as compared to Karnataka total clean energy capacity of 15,795 MW.
ii.Rajasthan and Gujarat added the highest renewable capacity (4.8 GW and 2.4 GW respectively) in the current fiscal year till 31st January 2022.
iii.Other renewable resource rich states such as TN, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Telangana and Madhya Pradesh added a combined 2.2 GigaWatt (GW) of capacity during the same period.
About Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MoNRE):
Union Minister – Raj Kumar Singh (Constituency – Arrah, Bihar)
Minister of state – Bhagwanth Khuba (Constituency – Bidar, Karnataka)
>> Read Full News
Indian Navy’s Multilateral Exercise MILAN-2022 Commences at Visakhapatnam, AP
On 25th February 2022, The 11th edition of Indian Navy’s multilateral exercise ‘MILAN 2022’ commenced in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, the ‘City of Destiny’, commemorating India’s 75th year of independence in 2022. It is being hosted by the Eastern Naval Command.
- MILAN-2022, which is the biennial multilateral naval exercise, was inaugurated by Union minister of state for defence Ajay Bhatt.
- MILAN 22 was scheduled to be conducted for 9 days in two phases with the harbour phase from 25th to 28th February 2022 and Sea Phase from 1st to 4th March 2022.
- Theme – ‘Camaraderie – Cohesion – Collaboration’ which aims to project India as a responsible maritime power to the world at large.
- Aim – To smooth operational skills, imbibe best practices and procedures, and enable doctrinal learning in the maritime domain, through professional interaction between friendly navies.
i.MILAN was introduced by the Indian Navy in 1995 at Andaman and Nicobar Command (ANC). Since its inception, the event has been held biennially except for 2001, 2005, 2016 and 2020.
- The 2001 and 2016 editions were not held due to International Fleet Reviews, the 2005 editions was rescheduled to 2006 due to the 2004 Tsunami. 2020 edition of MILAN was postponed to 2022 due to COVID-19 pandemic.
ii.Participation – MILAN started with the participation of only 4 countries, viz Indonesia, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Thailand, in the 1995 edition and expanded with the Government of India’s (GOI’s) ‘Act East policy’ and Security And Growth for All in the Region (SAGAR) initiative, to include participation from island nations in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR).
MILAN 2022 Edition:
i.MILAN 22 witnesses participation of more than 40 countries with focus on exercises at sea including exercises in surface, sub-surface and air domains and weapon firings.
ii.Operational Conferences and Seminars are also being conducted for expressing views on maritime security by different navy’s
i.On 27th – 28th February 2022 MILAN 22 will also host an International Maritime Seminar with the theme – ‘Harnessing Collective Maritime Competence through Collaboration’.
ii.Other activities – Professional and Subject Matter Expert Exchanges, Deep-Submergence Rescue Vehicle (DSRV) demonstration, MILAN of Young Officers, Sports Fixtures, and Cultural Visits to Agra and Bodh Gaya for foreign visitors.
About Indian Navy:
Chief of Naval Staff (CNS) – Admiral R. Hari Kumar
Integrated Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi
MoE launches ’Bhasha Certificate Selfie’ campaign to promote multilingualismOn 25 February 2022, the Ministry of Education (MoE) launched a campaign named ‘Bhasha Certificate Selfie’ to encourage cultural diversity and promote multilingualism and promote the spirit of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat. It is launched to commemorate the International Mother Language Day i.e Feb 21,2022.
- This campaign is to promote the Bhasha Sangam mobile app which was developed by MoE and MyGov India.
i.It encourages people to upload their selfie with the certificate from their social media accounts using the hashtag #BhashaCertificateSelfie.
- The certificate will be authorized by MoE, which will be provided in Bhasha Sangam mobile app once the user finishes all the levels of the given test.
iii.The app is available in 22 scheduled Indian languages. It provides the opportunity to learn more than 100 sentences of daily use in these languages.
Note- The Eighth Schedule to the Constitution consists of the 22 languages.
Bhasha Sangam Initiative:
i.It was launched to commemorate Rashtriya Ekta Diwas which is celebrated to mark the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel i.e 31st October.
ii.It is an initiative of the Ministry of Education (MoE) under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
iii.It is developed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT).
Objective- to ensure that people acquire basic conversational skills in Indian languages other than their mother tongue.
.Three sub-initiatives under the Bhasha Sangam scheme:
- Bhasha Sangam initiative for Schools
- Bhasha Sangam Mobile App
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat (EBSB) Mobile Quiz app
About Ministry of Education(MoE):
Union Minister- Dharmendra Pradhan (Rajya Sabha- Madhya Pradesh)
Minister of State- Annpurna Devi , Subhas Sarkar , and Rajkumar Ranjan Singh
GoI Targets 44.4 MT of Wheat Procurement, 4.3 MT of Rabi RiceOn 25th February 2022 the Government of India(GoI) announced the purchase of 44.4 million tonnes (MT) of wheat and 4.29 MT of rabi-grown rice during 2022-23 under the minimum support price (MSP) programme.
- Food Corporation of India (FCI) in collaboration with state government-owned agencies will procure wheat from farmers in the key producing states, including Punjab, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh during April-June 2022.
- The state-wise procurement target of wheat: Punjab (13.2 MT), Madhya Pradesh (12.9 MT), Haryana (8.5 MT), Uttar Pradesh (6 MT), and Bihar (1 MT).
i.Rice – The target of 4.29 MT rabi-grown rice crop has been estimated for procurement during the forthcoming rabi crop in the current season (October-September 2022) from seven procuring States.
ii.Wheat – According to the 2nd advance estimates of foodgrain production, the Ministry of Agriculture had estimated India’s wheat production at 111.32 MT and the government agencies would be purchasing close to 40 percent of the total wheat production.
- In the 2021-22 (marketing session), the government had purchased 43.34 MT of wheat from the farmers by paying the minimum support price (MSP). Whereas in 2022 the government will pay an MSP of Rs 2,015 per quintal to farmers for wheat.
About Food Corporation of India FCI:
i.FCI is the central agency that manages procurement, storage, and transportation of rice and wheat to states for distribution mainly for the National Food Security Act (NFSA) and other welfare schemes.
Note – The Union Budget (2022-23) has made around 28 percent less provision for food subsidy allocation of Rs 2.06 lakh crore in 2022-23 against the revised estimates of Rs 2.86 lakh crore in 2021-22.
iii.FCI was setup under the Food Corporation Act 1964 under the ownership of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution.
- Chairman & Managing Director (MD) – Shri. Atish Chandra
- Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi
India-UAE CEPA: India to set up 1st IIT Outside India in Dubai, UAEThe government of India (GoI) is set to establish the first Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) as a part of the India-UAE trade deal, the Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA), signed on 18th February 2022.
- IIT in UAE will be the first IIT and first-ever Institute of National Importance to be established outside India.
IITs in India:
- There are 23 IITs in India that offers a range of degrees and the IITs are governed by the Institutes of Technology Act, 1961.
- The top IITs in India include IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, IIT Kharagpur, and IIT Madras.
Piyush Goyal, Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, signed the Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) with the delegation from the UAE led by Abdulla bin Touq Al-Marri, Minister of Economy, and Thani bin Ahmed Al Zeyoudi, Minister of State for Foreign Trade, at the bilateral meeting held on 18th February 2022.
Click here to know more
i.India and the UAE have recognised the importance of upskilling in enhancing workforce productivity and value the contribution of the skilled workforce from India in various economic sectors in the UAE.
ii.India and the UAE have agreed to work together to ensure that the UAE labour market skill needs from India are met by ensuring workforce access to training programmes in alignment with market needs and addressing the changing needs for future work.
GoI Constitutes High Level Task Force to Analyse the Impact of Sanctions Against Russia
The Government of India (GoI) constituted a high level ministerial task force to analyse the impact on India by the sanctions made against Russia by the United States of America (USA), the European Union (EU), United Kingdom (UK), Japan, Canada, Taiwan, and New Zealand.
i.The sanctions targets Russian banks, oil refineries, and military exports.
ii.Russia is the 26th largest trade partner of India, with exports in 2020-21 valued at $ 2.6 billion and imports at $ 5.4 billion.
iii.The task force awaits the updated sanctions guidelines from the United States (US) Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
Members of the Task Force:
The task force comprises Secretaries and senior officials from Ministries and Departments such as External Affairs, Defence, Finance, Home, Commerce & Industry and Petroleum and Natural Gas.
- The sanctions block the payments of pharmaceuticals, tea and mobile phones and imports from Russia such as crude oil, petroleum products, coal, gold, metals and fertilisers.
Cause for the Attack:
Russia’s decision to invade Ukraine was aggravated by Ukraine’s decision to sign the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO).
Note – Due to Western sanctions of the nuclear weapons program, India used rupee payment mechanisms with Iran.
Areas of Concern for India:
- Uncertainty over the delivery of the S-400 missile systems, the S-400 is a mobile Long-Range Surface-to-Air Missile (LR-SAM) system developed by Almaz-Antey, Russian enterprise.
- Exports to Commonwealth of Independent State (CIS), nations nearly 23-24 per cent of total exports (of tea) at Rs 744 crore for 40.17 million Kilogram (mkg).
- Exports to the Russian Federation stood at 30.89 mkg, estimated at Rs 558 crore.
- Exports to Ukraine were at 1.6 mkg Rs 30 crore.
Evaluation of the Implications:
i.The complete details of the sanctions is yet to be apprised.
ii.A Sakthivel ,The President of Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) advised for a “wait & watch” approach.
About North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO):
Secretary General – Jens Stoltenberg
Headquarters – Brussels, Belgium
Nepal & India Agreed to form Joint Hydro Development CommitteeNepal and India have agreed to form a Joint Hydro Development Committee during 9th meetings of the Joint Working Group (JWG, Joint Secretary level) and the Joint Steering Committee (JSC, Secretary level) on bilateral power sector cooperation in Kathmandu, Nepal on 23rd and 24th February 2022.
- The Committee will explore the development of viable hydropower projects in Nepal with a focus on storage. The task force will have maximum three members from both the countries.
- These 2 mechanisms will provide the necessary framework to support bilateral cooperation in the power sector.
The JSC meeting was co-chaired by Alok Kumar, Power Secretary, Government of India and Devendra Karki, Energy Secretary, Ministry of Energy, Water Resources and Irrigation, Government of Nepal.
Both India and Nepal have decided to continue the discussions on this issue towards expeditious follow-up and agreed to meet for the next sessions of the JSC/JWG meetings which is set to be hosted by India.
i.The enhancement in the installed power generation capacity in Nepal paves way for stronger and mutually beneficial cooperation in the power sector
ii.Both the countries have reaffirmed that power sector cooperation plays a major role in the India-Nepal partnership and agreed to pursue along the following axes, joint development of generation projects in Nepal, joint development of cross-border power transmission infrastructure, power trade under respective domestic regulations and policy framework, and capacity building assistance
iii.The two countries agreed to build more transmission lines, complete the transmission lines that are under construction and proposed new cross -country transmission lines, completion of Arun-3 hydropower project and energy export and import.
MNRE Approves Development of 400 MW Solar Project in Upper Kinnaur By SJVN
On 25th February 2022 Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) approved the development of a 400 MW solar park by the state owned, SJVN Limited at Upper Kinnaur in Himachal Pradesh (HP).
i.According to SJVN Limited, an in-principle approval has been agreed by the ministry for development of this project under ‘Ultra Mega Renewable Energy Power Parks’ of its solar park scheme.
ii.SJVN is already preparing a Detailed Project Report (DPR) for 880 MegaWatt (MW) Kaza Solar Park in HP.
About SJVN Limited:
i.SJVN Limited, is the Solar Power Park Developer (SPPD) for all renewable energy projects in HP under administrative control of the Ministry of Power.
ii.It is a joint venture of the Government of India (GoI) and the Government of Himachal Pradesh (GoHP).
Incorporated – 24th May 1988
Headquarters – Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
Chairman and Managing Director (MD) – Nand Lal Sharma
About Ministry of Power:
Union Minister – Raj Kumar Singh (Constituency – Arrah, Bihar)
Minister of state – Krishan Pal Gurjar (Constituency – Faridabad, Haryana)
BYPL commissions India’s 1st Smart Managed EV charging station in New DelhiBSES Yamuna Power Limited (BYPL), a subsidiary of Reliance Infrastructure commissioned India’s first ‘Smart Managed EV (Electric Vehicle) Charging Station’ in New Delhi.
i.The project is supported by Nordic Innovation, an organization promoted by the governments of Nordic countries, and executed by Fortum Charge & Drive.
- Nordic countries-Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Greenland.
ii.The management and operation of Smart EV Charging Stations will be under BYPL.
Key features of Smart EV Charging Stations:
i.It has the capacity to charge five EVs simultaneously and the charging station can be integrated with BYPL’s SCADA system. It is located at BYPL’s 11 kV substation building in Mayur Vihar Extension Phase-I in New Delhi.
ii.It is also Demand Response (DR) compatible, which is an important demand side management (DSM) tool for bearing the high load.
About BSES Yamuna Power Limited (BYPL):
BYPL is a joint venture between Reliance Infrastructure Limited and Govt of NCT of Delhi with a 51%: 49% shareholding.
Founded – 2002
Headquarters – New Delhi
Special Logo Unveiled to Mark 75 years of Diplomatic Relation of India and Belgium
During the India’s “Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav” week of the Ministry of External Affairs(MEA), Belgian Ambassador in India Francois Delhaye along with Sandeep Chakravorty Joint Secretary and Head of Europe West Division, MEA, India released a special logo to commemorate the 75 years of diplomatic relations between India and Belgium.
- The logo features a peacock, India’s national bird with national flags of both India and Belgium on either side of peacock.
- The diplomatic relations between both nations was established in January 1947. The first ambassador, Eugène de Ligne, arrived in Delhi in September 1947.Belgium was among the first European countries to have bilateral relations with India.
BANKING & FINANCE
Narayan Rane Inaugurated MSME Conclave 2022 in Sindhudurg, Maharashtra; Launches Union Bank MSME RuPay Credit Card
i.On February 25-26, 2022, a two-day MSME Conclave 2022 organized in Sindhudurg, an administrative district of the Konkan division in Maharashtra which was inaugurated by Union Minister Narayan Tatu Rane, Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME). It was organized by the Ministry of MSME.
ii.The Conclave aims to promote entrepreneurship and trade opportunities for MSMEs in the Konkan region with the use of technology, product development and skilling.
iii.During the conclave, the Union Minister launched the Union MSME RuPay Credit Card which is being offered by Union Bank of India in partnership with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
iv.He also inaugurated the KONBAC SFURTI (Konkan Bamboo and Cane Development Centre – Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries) bamboo cluster at Kudal, a town in Sindhudurg to support 300 artisans.
About Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME):
Union Minister– Narayan Tatu Rane (Constituency- Maharashtra)
Minister of State– Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma (Constituency- Jalaun (SC), Uttar Pradesh)
>> Read Full News
NDB : First Multilateral Agency To Open Office in Gift City
New Development Bank (NDB) will become the 1st multilateral agency to open an office in the Gujarat International Finance Tec (Gift) City, Gujarat which will start its operation by the mid of May 2022.
- NDB also expects to partner with the newly launched National Bank for Financing Infrastructure and Development (NBFID) to support crucial infrastructure projects in India.
- NDB was set up in 2014 by the BRICS countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) and started operations in 2015 at Shanghai, China (headquarters) with the objective of mobilising resources for infrastructure and sustainable development projects in the BRICS as well as other emerging markets.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
12th Annual Aegis Graham Bell Awards: C-DOT won 3 Awards for its Innovative Telecom Solutions
On 25th February 2022, the Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT), an autonomous Telecom Research & Development (R&D) Centre of Department of Telecommunications (DoT), Ministry of Communications, won 3 awards at the 12th edition of Aegis Graham Bell Awards.
- The 12th edition of the Annual Aegis Graham Bell Awards is supported by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
Awards of C-DOT:
C-DOT has won the awards 3 categories for its indigenously designed & developed innovative Telecom solutions in various categories.
The 3 categories are:
i.C-DOT’s Indigenous Early Warning Platform for Disaster Management & Preparedness based on ITU’s Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) won the award under the Tech For Social Good category.
- It is a state of the art solution which can effectively send location-based disaster alerts in vernacular language to the people in disaster-prone areas during various natural hazards like Cyclones, Floods, Pandemic.
ii.C-DOT SAMVAD – A Unified Platform for Secure Messaging and Calling Solution won the award under the Innovative in the lockdown management category.
- This offers secured messaging, voice and video calls, video conferencing in a secured manner.
iii.C-DOT Quarantine Alert System (CQAS) won the award under the Preventive measures for COVID19 category.
- CQAS used for effective monitoring of the Covid-19 quarantined persons and detection of quarantine breaches based on geo-fencing and caters to both smart-phone and feature phone users
About Aegis Graham Bell Award:
i.Aegis Graham Bell Award was initiated by the Aegis School of Business, Data Science and Cyber Security to promote innovations and recognize the outstanding contributions by the innovators.
ii.The award is supported by the Skill India campaign of the Government of India along with National Informatics Centre under MeitY and Technology is powered by Uni Campus.
iii.Aegis Graham Bell Award is a tribute to the father of telephony and great innovator, Alexander Graham Bell.
About Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT):
Chairman– Ashwini Vaishnaw (Union Minister of Communications)
Executive Director– Dr Rajkumar Upadhyay
Established in 1984
Headquarters– New Delhi, Delhi
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
Bharti Airtel Signed an Agreement with Vodafone to Buy 4.7% Stake in Indus TowersBharti Airtel Limited, also known as Airtel, has signed an agreement with Vodafone to purchase 4.7% equity interest in Indus Towers. The agreement has been signed on the condition that the amount paid shall be inducted by Vodafone as fresh equity in Vodafone Idea Ltd (VIL) and simultaneously remitted to Indus Towers to clear VIL’s outstanding dues.
- The deal is expected to be in the range of Rs 3,000 crore.
- Indus Towers, formerly Bharti Infratel Ltd, is a leading provider of passive telecom infrastructure.
- It owns and manages telecom towers and communication structures for several mobile operators.
i.Vodafone has sold ~2.36% stake in Indus Tower through its group firm Euro Pacific Securities in a bulk deal at an average price of ~Rs 226.84 per share to undisclosed buyers for about Rs 1441.62 crore at NSE.
ii.VIL and Vodafone have proposed a payment plan to clear the outstanding amount by July 15 and in the meantime, VIL has committed to pay a certain minimum amount each month to Indus Towers.
iii.Vodafone Idea Ltd opted to pay interest of around Rs 16,000 crore through preferential shares.
iv.This will result in the government holding a 35.8% stake in the company.
Note: At present, Vodafone holds about 28% stake in Indus Towers, Bharti Airtel holds around 42%.
About Bharti Airtel Limited (Airtel):
MD & CEO (India & South Asia)– Gopal Vittal
Headquarters– New Delhi, Delhi.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
NASA Delays Artemis 1 Lunar Mission Test Launch
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has delayed the test launch of Artemis 1 Lunar Mission, formerly known as Exploration Mission 1 (EM-1).NASA stated that it will roll the combined Space Launch System (SLS) rocket and uncrewed Orion spacecraft out of the Vehicle Assembly Building to Launch Pad 39B at Kennedy Space Center at Cape Canaveral in Florida, United States of America (USA) for testing in March 2022.
- During the test launch, SLS rocket will launch the uncrewed Orion spacecraft on an approximately 26-day mission.
- Artemis 1 Mission, will be the first-ever launch of NASA’s new Space Launch System (SLS) megarocket and the Orion Crew capsule.
- Through Artemis 1 missions, NASA will land the first woman and the first person of color on the surface of the Moon, paving the way for a long-term lunar presence and serving as a steppingstone on the way to Mars.
- The next test launch which was earlier scheduled in April, 2022 was also likely to be extended and to be launched in May 2022.
Indian Weightlifter Mirabai Chanu Wins Gold in Singapore Weightlifting International 2022
Saikhom Mirabai Chanu , the Indian weightlifter from Manipur state wins Gold medal in 55kg category in Singapore Weightlifting International 2022. Also secured her position for the Commonwealth Games 2022 in 49kg and 55kg category in Birmingham, United Kingdom.
i.Mirabai Chanu participated for the first time in the 55kg category in weightlifting and lifted the total weight of 191 kilograms (86kg in snatch+105kg in clean & jerk) and placed First in the podium, under the guidance of Indian Weightlifting Federation (IWLF).
ii.Followed by her Second place was given to Australia’s Jessica Sewastenko’s, lifted 167kg and Third place was given to Malaysia’s Elly Cassandra Englebert, lifted 165kg.
iii.In the 2020 Tokyo Olympics Chanu lifted a total of 202kg (87kg+115kg), and was awarded Silver medal.
i.Sanket Sagar (55kg), Rishikanta Singh (55kg) and Bindyarani Devi (59kg) also placed their names in weightlifting in Commonwealth Games 2022.
ii.Karnam Malleswari is the First Indian woman to win a bronze medal in women’s 69kg weightlifting at the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
Achievements of Mirabai Chanu:
|2014||commonwealth games – Glasgow, Scotland||Silver|
|2016||Women Senior National Weightlifting Championship||Gold|
|2017||World Weightlifting Championship – Anaheim, California||Gold|
|2018||Women’s Sr. National WL Championship – Mangalore, India||Gold|
|2018||Commonwealth Games – Gold Coast, Australia||Gold|
|2020||Olympics – Tokyo, Japan||Silver|
- In 2021, Saikhom Mirabai Chanu created a world record in Clean & Jerk by lifting 119 kgs in the Asian Championship held at Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- In 2018, she was awarded the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna.
- Also in 2018, Chanu was awarded the Padma Shri (India’s fourth-highest civilian award) by the Government of India for her contributions to the sport.
About Indian Weightlifting Federation (IWLF):
Ministry – Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports (MYA&S)
Established – 1935
Headquarters – New Delhi
Former Odisha CM Hemananda Biswal passed away
Former Odisha Chief Minister (CM) Hemananda Biswal passed away in Bhubaneswar, Odisha at the age of 83 years.
- He was appointed as the CM of Odisha twice (1989-1990, 1999- 2000) and also was the first tribal CM of Odisha.
i.Hemananda Biswal was born on December 1, 1939 in Thakurpada village of Jharsuguda, Odisha.
ii.He was an agriculturist by profession. For the first time, elected as MLA (Member of Legislative Assembly) in 1974.
iii.He was appointed as the chief of Odisha Pradesh Congress Committee between 1998 and 1999.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
MHA State Minister Nityanand Rai launches Six books published by BPR&D
The Union Minister of State for Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Nityanand Rai released six books published by the Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) in New Delhi.
i.Three of the six books are published by the Central Police Training Academy, Bhopal.
ii.It mentioned about imparting world class training to police forces and various capacity building of law enforcement agencies works.
iii.Recently, the government also approved continuation of the Umbrella Scheme of Modernization of Police Forces with central financial outlay of worth Rs.26275 crore for the period of 2021-22 to 2025-26.
About BPR&D (Bureau of Police Research and Development):
BPR&D (Bureau of Police Research and Development) works for the modernisation of police forces under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Director General- Balaji Srivastava
Established- 28 August 1970
Headquarters- New Delhi
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 27 & 28 February 2022|
|1||28th DST-CII India-Singapore Technology Summit 2022 held Virtually|
|2||Tamil Nadu Surpasses Karnataka Became Top State in Overall Installed Renewable Capacity|
|3||Indian Navy’s Multilateral Exercise MILAN-2022 Commences at Visakhapatnam|
|4||MoE launches ’Bhasha Certificate Selfie’ campaign to promote multilingualism|
|5||Centre Targets 44.4 MT of Wheat Procurement, 4.3 MT of Rabi Rice|
|6||India-UAE CEPA: India to set up 1st IIT Outside India in Dubai, UAE|
|7||GoI Constitutes High Level Task Force to Analyse the Impact of Sanctions Against Russia|
|8||Nepal & India Agreed to form Joint Hydro Development Committee|
|9||MNRE Approves Development of 400 MW Solar Project in Kinnaur|
|10||BYPL commissions India’s 1st Smart Managed EV charging station in New Delhi|
|11||Special Logo Unveiled to Mark 75 years of Diplomatic Relation of India and Belgium|
|12||Union MSME Minister Narayan Rane inaugurated MSME Conclave 2022 in Sindhudurg, Maharashtra|
|13||NDB : First Multilateral Agency Opens Office in Gift City|
|14||12th Annual Aegis Graham Bell Awards: C-DOT won 3 Awards for its Innovative Telecom Solutions|
|15||Bharti Airtel Signed an Agreement with Vodafone to Buy 4.7% Stake in Indus Towers|
|16||NASA Delays Artemis 1 Lunar Mission Test Launch|
|17||Indian Weightlifter Mirabai Chanu Wins Gold in Singapore Weightlifting International 2022|
|18||Former Odisha CM Hemananda Biswal passed away|
|19||MHA State Minister Nityanand Rai launches Six books published by BPR&D|