We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 17 & 18 July 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs July 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
NIRF 2022: Ministry of Education announces India Ranking 2022, IIT Madras tops in Overalli.On July 15, 2022, the Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, Ministry of Education (MoE) released the ‘India Rankings 2022- Ranking of Higher Educational Institutions on Performance’. It was prepared by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), MoE.
ii.The ‘India Rankings 2022: Overall’ was topped by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras of Chennai, Tamil Nadu with a score of 87.59. It retains its 1st position in Overall Category for 4th consecutive year and in Engineering for 7th consecutive year.
iii.It was followed by Indian Institute of Science (IISc) in Bengaluru (Karnataka) with a score of 83.57 at 2nd place, and IIT Bombay in Mumbai (Maharashtra) with 82.35 score.
iv.Colleges in Delhi dominate ranking of colleges with five colleges out of first 10 colleges from Delhi.
About National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF):
Approved in 2015, it released the first India Rankings based on this framework in 2016.
Headquarter– New Delhi, Delhi
>> Read Full News
DCA Launches a Mascot for Empowering Consumers & Create Awareness – Jagriti
The Department of Consumer Affairs (DoCA), Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution (MoCA,F&PD), has launched ‘Jagriti’, a mascot for empowering consumers and generating awareness for their rights.
- The media campaigns with the Jagriti Mascot will also display the tagline “Jago Grahak Jago”.
- Aim – To strengthen consumer awareness campaigns in the field of digital and multimedia and to find solutions for problems faced by the consumers.
- “Jagriti” means Awakening or Vigilance.
- The mascot “Jagriti” is projected as an empowered consumer, who spreads awareness regarding consumer rights and addresses solutions to the issues they face.
The Jagriti mascot will create awareness about various themes of departments including provisions of the Consumer Protection Act 2019, Hallmarking, National Consumer Helpline toll-free number 1915, provisions of weights & measures Act, decisions of the Central Consumer Protection Authority and testimonials by consumers on grievance redressal.
About Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution (MoCA, F&PD):
Union Minister – Piyush Goyal (Rajya Sabha – Maharashtra)
Minister of State (MoS) – Ashwini Kumar Choubey; Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
About Department of Consumers Affairs (DoCA):
Establishment – 1997
MoD Sets up an Apex Committee for Performance and Efficiency Audit; Chaired by Defence Secretary
The Ministry of Defence (MoD) has set up an institutional mechanism consisting of an apex committee with Defence Secretary as Chairman for conducting performance and efficiency audits of various aspects of its activities.
- This is a major shift from existing transaction-based compliance audits to outcome-based performance and efficiency audits.
Formation of the apex committee:
Head – Defence Secretary (Presently, Ajay Kumar, IAS)
Members – Vice Chiefs of the three Services(Army, Navy, & Air Force), Secretary Defence (Finance), Chief of Integrated Staff Committee (CISC), Controller General of Defence Accounts (CGDA), Director General (Acquisition) and other senior officials of MoD and Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
i.The apex committee will provide valuable inputs in the planning and execution of any projects and suggest improvements on the same.
- The specific areas for the audit are identified by CGDA and monitor performance audit reports.
ii.The areas identified for the conduct of Performance and Efficiency Audit are: Defence Capital Procurements, provisioning, logistics, inventory levels, Maintenance of platforms/ assets, role and performance of Authority Holding Sealed Particulars (AHSP) and others.
- The committee can also recommend other specific areas for Performance and Efficiency Audit
iii.The committee shall advise the Minister of Defence, Rajnath Singh on the overall improvement and risk management framework.
About Ministry of Defence (MoD):
Union Minister – Rajnath Singh (Constituency – Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh)
Minister of State (MoS) – Ajay Bhatt
India’s First-ever Underwater Metro Train to be set up in Kolkata
In early 2023, India will get its first-ever underwater train with Kolkata’s(West Bengal) futuristic metro covering a distance of 16.34 km east-west corridor that ends under the river Hooghly, a distributary of the Ganga.
- Out of the entire length of the metro line, 10. 8 km is underground, but the crucial part is a 520-metre underwater tunnel.
- This initiative is India’s version of Eurostar train that travels between London in the United Kingdom (UK) and Paris in France.
- The underwater rail will connect Howrah to BBD Bagh (Dalhousie Square) in Kolkata.
- It is a is part of the East-West metro project (Howrah Maidan to Sector 5, Salt Lake, Kolkata) sanctioned in 2008.
- The allocation for the partially functional East-West project is Rs1,100 crore.
i.Afcons, a construction major started building the river tunnel in April 2017 and completed in June 2017
- This will be a twin tunnel down the width of the river and for half a kilometre the train will zip under the river.
ii.Currently, Kolkata Metro’s east-west corridor that was opened in 2020 is 39 km long with 17 stations currently operational between salt lake and Phoolbagan
- Under the new initiative, the train will cover a larger distance from Teghoria to Howrah under Hooghly river.
- It will also cover railway terminals of Howrah and Sealdah and business districts BBD Bagh and Salt lake sector V.
i.The Hydrophilic gaskets are installed between the tunnel concrete which stops water from entering inside the tunnel. If water enters, the gasket will open.
ii.After the commencement of this initiative, the trains will travel at a speed of 80 kmph and it takes less than 60 minutes to cross the river tunnels, 6 minutes to cover Howrah Maidan- Esplanade.
Assam & Arunachal Pradesh sign Pact to Resolve Border Dispute
Chief Minister (CM) of Assam Himanta Biswa Sarma and CM of Arunachal Pradesh Pema Khandu signed an agreement to end the decade-old border disputes between the two states.
- The agreement was signed at Namsai in Arunachal Pradesh. Therefore it is also known as the ‘Namsai Declaration’’.
i.To resolve the dispute, the 12 regional committees were constituted earlier for joint verification of the disputed areas.
ii.The committees were tasked with submitting recommendations to state governments keeping in view “historical perspective, administrative convenience, contiguity and people’s will” to delineate the interstate boundary.
i.Under the agreement, both the states decided to “restrict” the number of disputed villages to 86 instead of 123 and resolve the rest by September 15, 2022.
ii.The allegations of residents of one state encroaching on the land of another led to disputes and violence. The two states share a border around 804.1 Km.
- A suit has also been pending in the Supreme Court since 1989
iii.According to the agreement, 28 of the 123 disputed villages which are within the constitutional boundary of Arunachal Pradesh shall remain with the state.
- Arunachal Pradesh will withdraw the claim over three villages and these villages will remain with Assam.
- 6 more villages, which “couldn’t be located on the Assam side”, will remain with Arunachal Pradesh if they are found to be present on the Arunachal Pradesh’s side.
Reasons behind disputes:
i.The genesis of the border dispute lies in 1873 when the British started the inner-line regulation; these are imaginary boundaries between the plains and hills areas north of Assam and other states.
- The regulation requires people from outside Arunachal Pradesh to take permits before entering the state.
ii.In 1987 when Arunachal Pradesh achieved statehood, a tripartite committee was appointed which recommended that certain territories be transferred from Assam to Arunachal.Assam contested this issue and since then the matter is in the Supreme Court.
PM Narendra Modi inaugurates 296 km long Bundelkhand Expressway in UP
Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi inaugurated the 296 km long Bundelkhand Expressway at Kaitheri village in Orai tehsil of Jalaun, Uttar Pradesh (UP). Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister (CM) Yogi Adityanath was also present at the inauguration ceremony.
- It passes through seven districts of UP and was constructed at a cost of around Rs 14,850 crore.
- It was developed by UPEIDA (Uttar Pradesh Expressway Industrial Development Authority).
About the Bundelkhand Expressway:
iIt is the four-lane expressway, which will be expanded into six lanes, passes through seven districts of UP- Chitrakoot, Banda, Mahoba, Hamirpur, Jalaun, Auraiya and Etawah.
iiThe foundation stone for the construction of the expressway was laid by the PM on February 2020 and finally, the expressway was completed in about 28 months.
iii.It extends from NH (National Highway)-35 at Gonda village near Bharatkoop in Chitrakoot district to near Kudrail village in Etawah district, where it merges with the Agra-Lucknow Expressway.
- The progress on creation of an industrial corridor in Banda and Jalaun districts of UP which is next to the Expressway has also started.
- Bundelkhand Expressway will provide a major boost to economic development and create thousands of jobs for the local people in UP.
Varanasi Designated First ‘Cultural and Tourism Capital’ of SCO for 2022-23
Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh (UP), one of India’s holiest cities that showcases the country’s rich culture and heritage, has been named the first “Cultural & Tourism Capital of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO)” under a new rotating initiative to promote people-to-people contacts and tourism among the member states.
- In accordance with a new rotating initiative, the title will be awarded during India’s SCO Presidency from September 2022 to September 2023.
The SCO Secretariat, headed by Secretary-General, Zhang Ming of China, announced this at a press conference in Beijing, China.
Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO)
The SCO is an intergovernmental organization founded in Shanghai, China, on 15 June 2001. Its Secretariat, based in Beijing, China, is the main permanent executive body of the SCO.
- The SCO currently comprises eight Member States: China, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Pakistan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
i. India will take over as SCO chair from Uzbekistan at the Samarkand Summit 2022, which will be held in Uzbekistan on September 15-16, 2022. Later, Samarkand will be transformed into “SCO Park.”
- India hosted the Head of the Government of the SCO meets in 2020.
ii.The Cultural and Tourism Capital title will be rotated among the eight member states by the SCO through a new rotating mechanism.
- Under this initiative, a city of the cultural heritage of a member country that will take over the rotating Presidency of the organisation will get the title to showcase its prominence each year.
iii.The new effort will take effect following the Samarkand summit in 2022, after which India would assume the Presidency and host the next SCO Heads of State summit.
iv.Recently, the SCO Secretariat completed the creation of a picture album that features over 240 world cultural heritage sites in SCO nations, including 32 sites from India, to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the adoption of the SCO Charter.
Note: Kazakhstan has announced a visa-free policy for tourists from India and other countries.
Inflation Pushed 71 Million People into Poverty Since Ukraine War: UNDP Report
In a recent report titled “Addressing The Cost-Of-Living Crisis in Developing Countries: Poverty and Vulnerability Projections and Policy Responses”, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) reported that nearly 71 million people in the developing world have fallen into poverty.
- Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on February 24, 2022, is considered to be the main cause of the spike in food and energy prices seen around the world.
It exposed that during the lockdowns and closures caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, 125 million people lived in poverty for a period of around 18 months.
Key Statistics from the Report:
i. According to the UNDP, 51.6 million more people fell into poverty in the first 3 months following the Russia-Ukraine war in February 2022, living on USD 1.90 or less per day.
- As a result, 9 % of the world’s population now falls under this threshold. An additional 20 million people now live on less than USD 3.20 per day.
ii. Families in low-income nations spend 42% of their income on food, but as Western countries moved to sanction Russia, the price of gas and basic foods like wheat, sugar, and cooking oil surged.
iii.An Analysis of 159 developing nations globally indicated that price spikes in key commodities have impacts on the poorest households, with clear hotspots in the Balkans, countries in the Caspian Sea region and Sub-Saharan Africa (Sahel region in particular).
Hard Hit Countries
i. Countries facing the most drastic impacts of the crisis across all poverty lines are Armenia and Uzbekistan in Central Asia; Burkina Faso, Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, and Sudan in Sub-Saharan Africa; Haiti in Latin America; and Pakistan and Sri Lanka in South Asia.
ii.In Ethiopia, Mali, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Yemen the impacts could be particularly hard at the lowest poverty lines, whereas in Albania, Kyrgyz Republic, Moldova, Mongolia, and Tajikistan the hits could be hardest.
iii. To address this issue, the UNDP has suggested governments spend on targeted cash transfers that can prevent another 52.6 million people from slipping into poverty by living on USD 5.50 per day.
Russia and Ukraine Before the 2022 War
i. Russia was the world’s largest and second-biggest exporter of natural gas and crude oil before the war broke out in February 2022.
ii.Nearly 25% of the world’s wheat exports, 14% of corn exports, and more than 50% of sunflower oil exports came from Russia and Ukraine.
Note: Another recent UN report stated that world hunger rose in 2021, with 2.3 billion people suffering moderate to severe difficulty getting enough to eat, before the Ukraine crisis.
BANKING & FINANCE
BOI & PFRDA Launches Platform for Opening NPS Account through Mobile phone
Bank of India (BoI) and Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) in association with k-fintech launched a digital platform which allows customers to open National Pension System (NPS) accounts using mobile phones.
- PFRDA chairman Supratim Bandhyopadhyay inaugurated the digital platform in the presence of Atanu Kumar Das, MD & CEO of BOI and Swarup Dasgupta, executive director, BOI.
i.The NPS account can be opened by scanning the QR code, that takes to the website, where customers can fill in the aadhaar number to fetch pictures and other details from DigiLocker.
ii.K-fintech provides Software as a Service (SaaS) based end-to-end transaction management, channel management and compliance solutions.
- It also provides data analytics services and various other digital services for asset managers and also outsourcing services for global players.
i.Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) works under the Department of Financial Services under the Ministry of Finance.
ii.PFRDA is set to launch Minimum Assured Return Scheme (MARS), which will provide savers and people from the salaried class an option for their investments.
About Bank of India (BoI):
MD & CEO – Atanu Kumar Das
Establishment – 1906
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Tagline – Relationship beyond banking
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
DBS named ‘World’s Best SME Bank 2022’ by Euromoney for 2nd Time
DBS Bank was recognised as the ‘World’s Best SME Bank’ by Euromoney for the second time (the first time in 2018). The bank has established its position as a global industry leader in association with Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to enhance growth and development.
The DBS bank also clinched three first-time awards at Euromoney’s Awards for Excellence 2022 –
- World’s Best ‘Financial Innovation of the year’ 2022,
- ‘Asia’s Best Bank for Wealth Management 2022’
- ‘Asia’s Best Bank for SME award 2022’
- Euromoney magazine has named Bank of America the World’s Best Bank for 2022.
- Goldman Sachs has been named the World’s best investment bank 2022.
click here to know all the winners of Euromoney’s Awards for Excellence 2022
i.DBS bank developed algorithmic models powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI) and advanced data analytics. It alerts the bank to potential signs of trouble faced by SMEs.
ii.DBS’ Fixed Income Execution (FIX) Marketplace received the World’s Best ‘Financial Innovation of the year’ award.
- FIX Marketplace, launched in 2021, was Asia’s first automated digital bond issuance platform where issuers can directly connect with investors on the platform at their sole discretion.
- FIX Marketplace aims to boost the efforts to create a more efficient and accessible capital market through digitalisation and create more inclusive and accessible markets for issuers.
About DBS Bank:
The DBS Bank was formerly known as ‘’the Development Bank of Singapore Limited”.
CEO– Piyush Gupta
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
CCI Approves: Increase in voting rights held by CPPIB in ReNew; Acquisition of AFLI by Ageas; Indirect Subscription of Shares of CitiusTech by Bain Capital & Bain Credit
The Competition Commission of India (CCI), the chief national competition regulator in India, has approved the following,
- Increase in proportion of voting rights held by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) in ReNew Energy Global PLC.
- Acquisition of Ageas Federal Life Insurance Company Limited (AFLI) by its group company Ageas Insurance International NV.
- Indirect subscription of more than 30% of a total number of issued shares of CitiusTech by Bain Capital & Bain Credit.
About Competition Commission of India (CCI):
Chairperson– Ashok Kumar Gupta
Headquarters– New Delhi, Delhi
>> Read Full News
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Rajnath Singh launches Y- 3023 Dunagiri, Project 17A in Kolkata, a Frigate built by GRSE
On July 15, 2022, Union Minister Rajnath Singh, Ministry of Defence (MoD) launched an indigenously built Y- 3023 Dunagiri, Project-17 Alpha frigates (P-17A) onto the river Hooghly in Kolkata (West Bengal) for Indian Navy. The Project 17A frigates, also known as Nilgiri-class stealth frigates.
- ‘INS Dunagiri’ is the fourth ship under P17A project, named after a mountain range in the state of Uttarakhand. It was built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders Limited (GRSE) in Kolkata.
- The Nilgiri-class will have a length of 149m, a width of 17.8m and a draft of 5.22m. The displacement of the vessel will be 6,670t and the frigate will have the capacity to accommodate 226 personnel.
- The vessel will cruise at a speed of 28k and attain a maximum range of 5,500Nm(Newton Meter).
About P17A Ships:
These are guided-missile frigates, which are follow-on classes of the P17 (Shivalik Class) Frigates with improved stealth features, advanced weapons and sensors and platform management systems.
- These ships have been designed in-house by the Indian Navy’s Directorate of Naval Design (DND) in New Delhi (Delhi).
- Seven P17A Frigates are under various stages of construction. These are named as INS Nilgiri, INS Himgiri, INS Udaygiri, INS Dunagiri, INS Taragiri, INS Vindhyagiri and INS Mahendragiri i.e. after the names of hill ranges in India.
- The seven frigates are to be jointly constructed by two public-sector shipyards, namely – Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) and Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) – with four of the frigates allotted to MDL and the remaining three allotted to GRSE.
It is a world class stealth frigate with multidimensional capabilities to destroy enemies from sea, sky, and underwater. It is the reincarnation of the erstwhile Dunagiri, the Leander Class Anti-Submarine Warfare Frigate (ASWF), which served the nation for 33 years (5 May 1977 to 20 Oct 2010)
- The first two ships under P17A Project were launched in 2019 and 2020 at MDL and GRSE respectively. The 3rd ship, Udaygiri was launched at MDL in May 2022.
- Smt Kala Hari Kumar, President, Navy Wives Welfare Association (NWWA) performed the traditional honours and named the ship Dunagiri.
Background :- The Project 17A programme was approved by the Indian Government in February 2015 to enhance the combat capabilities of the Indian Navy. The total estimated cost of the project is approximately Rs500bn ($7 billion).
Admiral Radhakrishnan Hari Kumar, Chief of Naval Staff (CNS), and other senior officers from Indian Navy and MOD were amongst the dignitaries who attended the ceremony.
Union MSME Minister Narayan Rane Launches ‘Mobile Electric Charging’ App
Union Minister Narayan Tatu Rane of the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MoMSME) launched ‘Repos Pay’—a ‘Mobile Electric Charging’ platform and ‘Phy-gital’—a Fintech (financial technology) platform at the ‘Fueling India 2022’ event in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Repos Pay: “Repos Pay” is a platform through which a person can order a Mobile Electric Charging Vehicle on application (app) and charge their vehicles.
Phy-gital: ‘Phy-gital’ is a Fintech Platform that will bring credit to fuel customers (Buy Now, Pay Later) through Technology. The energy fintech platform will enable bulk consumers to obtain fuel on credit.
Scope of MSME Sector in India
i.Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSME) in India generate around 29% of India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and 50% of India’s exports.
ii.The Banking sector in India has offered financial support to emerging businesses to aid in their expansion. Majority of start-ups in India are in IT (Information Technology) and Digital Industries.
About Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MoMSME):
Union Minister – Narayan Tatu Rane (Rajya Sabha – Maharashtra)
Minister of State (MoS) – Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma
>> Read Full News
Actor-filmmaker Pratap Pothen passes away at 70
The veteran Malayalam actor and filmmaker Pratap Pothen passed away at the age of 70 years in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.He had worked in a number of south films and had an active presence in Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu and Hindi films industries.
About Pratap Pothen:
i.Pratap Pothen was born on 13 August 1952 in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
ii.He was an Indian actor and filmmaker who acted in around 100 films and directed 12 films. He also worked as a scriptwriter and producer in the film industry.
iii.His famous movies: Aaravam, Thakara, Chamaram, Aarohanam, Panneer Pushpangal, Thanmathra, Bangalore Days and many others.
- Kerala State Film Awards -Special Jury Award for acting for Once upon a Time There was a Kallan.
- He won the Indira Gandhi Award for Best Debut Film of a Director for his debut directorial movie Meendum Oru Kathal Kathai(1985) at the 32nd National Film Awards(1985).
NHPC Signs Two MoUs to Develop Green Hydrogen Technology in Leh & Kargil
NHPC Limited (erstwhile, National Hydroelectric Power Corporation), a state-owned hydropower giant has signed two Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) for the development of ‘pilot green hydrogen technologies’ in Leh and Kargil district of Union Territory (UT) of Ladakh that are in line with the aim of reducing carbon footprint in the region.
- The MoUs were signed in the presence of Radha Krishna Mathur, Lieutenant Governor, Union Territory of Ladakh.
i.The NHPC will upscale the production of hydrogen on a commercial basis in the Ladakh region for different sectors like mobility, transportation, heating and micro-grid.
ii.The MoUs signed will also attract long-term investment in hydrogen production and in opening up job opportunities for the youth of Ladakh.
About the MoU:
i.MoU for Leh, Ladakh – NHPC will develop a pilot green hydrogen fuel cell-based Microgrid that also includes hydrogen production to meet the power requirement of the NHPC guest house at Nimmo Bazgo Power Station (Leh)with the NHPC premises.
ii.MoU for Kargil, Ladakh – The hydrogen generated in Kargil will be used in fuel cells that are capable of running 2 buses for up to 8 hours in the local areas of Kargil.
About NHPC Limited:
Chairman & Managing Director (MD) – Abhay Kumar Singh
Establishment – 1975
Headquarters – Faridabad, Haryana
R D Dhiman Became new Chief Secretary of Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh Governor Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar has appointed the Additional Chief Secretary (Power and Industry) Ram Dass (R. D) Dhiman as the new Chief Secretary (CS) of Himachal Pradesh. He succeeded IAS officer Ram Subhag Singh, who has been further appointed as the Principal Advisor (Administrative Reforms).
- Other than the above appointments, Additional chief secretary Nishan Singh, 1987 batch IAS officer, has been appointed as principal advisor Training and FA);
- Additional chief secretary Sanjay Gupta,a 1988-batch IAS officer, has been appointed as principal advisor (Redressal of Public Grievances).
i.He is a 1988-batch Indian Administrative Services (IAS) officer of the Himachal Pradesh cadre. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and Post Graduate degree in Governance & Development.
ii.He had also served on many administrative positions in Himachal Pradesh state government such as Additional Chief Secretary of Revenue, Agriculture, Forest and Language Art & Culture; Principal Secretary of Industries, Labour & Employment, Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs etc.
About Himachal Pradesh:-
Chief Minister – Jai Ram Thakur
Festivals – Nalwari Fair, Deotsidh Fair, and Baisakhi
Wildlife Sanctuaries – Nargu Wildlife Sanctuary, Pong Dam Lake Wildlife Sanctuary, and Rakcham-Chitkul Wildlife Sanctuary (also known as sangla valley)
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 17 & 18 July 2022|
|1||NIRF 2022: Ministry of Education announces India Ranking 2022, IIT Madras tops in Overall|
|2||DCA Launches a Mascot for Empowering Consumers & Create Awareness – Jagriti|
|3||MoD Sets up an Apex Committee for Performance and Efficiency Audit; Chaired by Defence Secretary|
|4||India Gets its First-ever Underwater Train in Kolkata|
|5||Assam & Arunachal Pradesh sign Pact to Resolve Border Dispute|
|6||PM Narendra Modi inaugurates 296 km long Bundelkhand Expressway in UP|
|7||Varanasi Designated First ‘Cultural and Tourism Capital’ of SCO for 2022-23|
|8||Inflation Pushed 71 Million People into Poverty Since Ukraine War: UNDP Report|
|9||BOI & PFRDA Launches Platform for Opening NPS Account through Mobile phone|
|10||DBS named ‘World’s Best SME Bank 2022’ by Euromoney for 2nd Time|
|11||CCI Approves: Increase in voting rights held by CPPIB in ReNew; Acquisition of AFLI by Ageas; Indirect Subscription of Shares of CitiusTech by Bain Capital & Bain Credit|
|12||Rajnath Singh launches Y- 3023 Dunagiri, Project 17A in Kolkata, a Frigate built by GRSE|
|13||Union MSME Minister Narayan Rane Launches ‘Mobile Electric Charging’ App|
|14||Actor-filmmaker Pratap Pothen passes away at 70|
|15||NHPC Signs Two MoUs to Develop Green Hydrogen Technology in Leh & Kargil|
|16||R D Dhiman Became new Chief Secretary of Himachal Pradesh|