We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 14 April 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs January 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
SVANidhi se Samriddhi launched in Additional 126 cities across 14 States/ UTs
On April 12, 2022, Secretary Manoj Joshi, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) launched ‘SVANidhi se Samriddhi’ program in additional 126 cities across 14 States/ UTs (Union Territories), in the presence of senior officials of States/UTs and various Central Ministries.
About SVANidhi se Samriddhi:
i.Launched in 2021 in 125 cities, it is an additional program of PM SVANidhi (Prime Minister Street Vendors AtmaNirbhar Nidhi) which has been implementing by MoHUA since 1st June 2020 to provide an affordable working capital loan to Street Vendors and has successfully crossed the 30 Lakh mark.
- PM SVANidhi also aims for the holistic development and economic upliftment of street vendors. Therefore, ‘SVANidhi se Samriddhi program was started to provide social security benefits.
- Quality Council of India (QCI) is the implementing partner for the programme.
ii.Under SVANidhi se Samriddhi, in Phase 1, approximately 35 Lakh Street vendors and their families are covered. 22.5 lakh scheme sanctions have been extended to them including 16 lakh insurance benefits.
iii.The socio-economic profiling of PMSVANidhi beneficiaries and their families is conducted to assess their eligibility for 8 Central Government’s welfare schemes and facilitate sanctions of eligible schemes. These schemes include:
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY)
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY)
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)
- Registration under Building and other Constructions Workers (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Act (BOCW)
- Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana,
- One Nation One Ration Card (ONORC)
- Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY)
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY)
India’s 1st Community Museum Inaugurated in Gya-Sasoma villages, Leh, Ladakh
Tashi Gyaltson, Chairman/Chief Executive Councillor, Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council, LAHDC, Leh inaugurated the Community Museum in Gya – Sasoma villages of Leh district in Ladakh. This is a first of its kind museum in India.
- The Community Museum is a joint collaboration between National Museum Institute(NMI), New Delhi, Delhi and Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council(LAHDC), Leh, Ladakh.
The Museum aims to preserve and take forward the rich cultural heritage of the region.
i.Gya-Sasoma villagers in Leh have contributed to a variety of articles and collections to establish the Community Museum in traditional Ladakhi house.
ii.Along with the villagers, women associations of the villages, Department of Museology NMI and LAHDC, Leh has participated in the establishment of the community Museum.
Note: Gya, situated on the Leh-Manali National Highway, is the first village and oldest inhabitation in Upper Ladakh.
Features of the Museum:
i.The traditional house, where the Museum is established has several architectural spaces and features.
ii.The museum features several traditional utility items, textiles, dresses and the antiquities of the day-to-day life of Gya-Sasoma.
Shrikant Balasaheb Suse, Deputy Commissioner/CEO, LAHDC, Leh and Professor Dr. Manvi Seth, Dean of NMI, New Delhi have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for Technical assistance and Further development of the Museum.
ICCR Launched Alumni Portal For Foreign Students
The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) launched an India Alumni Portal (www.iccr.almaconnect.com) which acts as a platform to connect with foreign students around the world who have studied in India. The minister of state for External Affairs (MEA) Meenakshi Lekhi launched the portal with the presence of ICCR president Dr. Vinay Sahasrabuddhe. The portal focuses on connecting the alumni and updates on dynamic India and bridges of friendship.
- The portal connects ICCR scholars who can be India’s best ambassadors too and also offers invaluable soft projection across their personal and professional lives.
BANKING & FINANCE
ADB Funding: Sanctions 551cr for Agartala Projects; Provided $2mn PRF Loan to Support Urban Development in Nagaland
i.On April 11, 2022, the Asian Development Bank (ADB) sanctioned an amount of $76.25 million or Rs 551 crore for three specific projects under the Agartala Smart City Limited (ASCL).
ii.The Government of India (GoI) and ADB signed a $2 million Project Readiness Financing (PRF) loan for the proposed Nagaland Urban Infrastructure Development Project. This PRF loan will help design water supply, sanitation, solid waste management and urban roads in 16 District Headquarter Towns (DHTs), among others.
About Asian Development Bank (ADB):
President– Masatsugu Asakawa
Headquarters– Manila, Philippines
Member Nations– 68 (Including India)
>> Read Full News
NBFCs-UL, NBFCs-ML to have Compliance Function by April 1, CCO by Oct 1, 2023
i.On April 11, 2022, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) mandates all Non Banking Financial Companies in the Upper Layer (NBFC-UL) and Middle Layer (NBFC-ML) to have independent Compliance Function by April 1, 2023, and to appoint of Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) by October 1, 2023.
ii.NBFC-ML consists of all deposit-taking NBFCs irrespective of asset size; NBFCs with asset size of Rs 1,000 crore and above; and NBFCs undertaking certain types of activities.
iii.NBFC-UL comprises those NBFCs which are specifically identified by RBI as warranting enhanced regulatory requirements. The top ten eligible NBFCs in terms of their asset size will always fall in the upper layer, irrespective of any other factor.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
Establishment– April 1, 1935
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor– Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors– Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao, T. Rabi Sankar
>> Read Full News
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Falguni Nayar Of Nykaa Won EY Entrepreneur of The Year Award 2021 India
Falguni Nayar, founder & CEO of Nykaa, has been named the EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2021 India. It is the 23rd edition in India. She will represent India at the EY World Entrepreneur of the Year Award (WEOY) on June 9, 2022, in Monaco.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: A M Naik, group chairman of Larsen & Toubro.
- EY, a global professional services organisation, had earlier announced selection of 21 entrepreneurs as finalists for the ‘23rd Entrepreneur of the Year – India (EOY) 2021’ Awards.
- Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, Chairman of Biocon, won the EY World Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2020. She was the first woman entrepreneur from India and third Indian to win the WEOY.
The awards were distributed at a ceremony in Mumbai (Maharashtra), where Bhupender Yadav, the Union Minister of Labour and Employment, as well as the Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change was the chief guest of the event.
Note – EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity.
There were also winners in nine other categories, who represented both mature industries and young entrepreneurs from start-ups, including unicorns. A distinguished nine-member Jury Panel, led by K V Kamath, former chairman of ICICI Bank, selected the 9 winners from 21 finalists.
- Start-up: Vidit Aatrey, co-founder & CEO and Sanjeev Barnwal, co-founder & CTO, Fashnear Technology (Meesho)
- Business Transformation: Abhay Soi, Chairman and Managing Director, Max Healthcare
- Manufacturing: Sunil Vachani, Founder and Executive Chairman, Dixon Technologies
- Services: Sahil Barua, Co-founder and CEO, Delhivery
- Consumer Products & Retail: Shiv Kishan Agarwal, Chairman; and Manohar Lal Agarwal, Chairman and Managing Director respectively, Haldiram Group
- Life Sciences & Healthcare: Dr. Satyanarayana Chava, Founder and Laurus Labs
- Financial Services: Harshil Mathur, Co-founder and CEO; and Shashank Kumar, Co-founder and CTO, Razorpay
- Technology, Media and Telecom: Girish Mathrubootham, Co-founder and CEO, Freshworks
- Entrepreneurial CEO: Vivek Vikram Singh, Managing Director and Group CEO, Sona Comstar
About EY Entrepreneur of The Year Award 2021 India
EY Entrepreneur of the Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy and transactions and consulting services. In India, the EOY program was formally launched in 1999 in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Mian Mohammad Shehbaz Sharif elected as Pakistan’s 23rd Prime Minister, replaces Imran Khan
On April 11, 2022, the National Assembly of Pakistan, elected Mian Mohammad Shehbaz Sharif as 23rd Prime Minister (PM) of Pakistan.
- Shehbaz Sharif, President of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) party secured 174 votes out of 342 (Whereas a winning candidate needs to get only 172 votes for a simple majority).
i.Shahbaz Sharif, was elected unopposed because his rival candidate Shah Mahmood Qureshi staged a walkout by announcing that his Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf party will boycott the voting process.
ii.Shahbaz Sharif was the younger brother of former three time Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif (who was barred by the Supreme Court in 2017 from holding public office for his corruption charges) and also served as Chief Minister of Punjab Province thrice.
iii.Asif Ali Zardari, former President and Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) co-chair had proposed Mian Mohammad Shehbaz Sharif name for the PM’s position in a joint opposition meeting to replace Imran Khan.
iv.Following which a No-Confidence Motion was raised and removed Imran Khan from the office of Prime Minister, which makes Imran Khan becoming the First PM in Pakistan’s history to get removed by No-Confidence motion.
v.Since Independence in 1947, Pakistan has struggled with political instability with multiple regime changes and military coups, and no PM has ever completed a full five-year term so far.
Capital – Islamabad
President – Arif-ur-Rehman Alvi
Currency – Pakistani rupee
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
MeitY launched 3 Indigenous Intelligent Transportation Systems Solutions under InTranSE -II Program for Indian Traffic Management
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has launched three smart
Indigenous Intelligent Transportation Systems solutions for Indian Traffic Scenario launched under Intelligent Transportation System Endeavour for Indian Cities (InTranSE – II) Phase-II program. The three Solutions are –
- Onboard Driver Assistance and Warning System (ODAWS)
- Bus Signal Priority System
- Common SMart iot Connectiv (CoSMiC)
i.The Products are jointly developed by Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M) and Mahindra and Mahindra as the Industrial Collaborator.
1.Onboard Driver Assistance and Warning System (ODAWS) – With Modern Highway Infrastructure, the number of vehicles has increased and also the average speed of the vehicle on roads have increased which raises the concern of safety. According to the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways of India (MoTH), ‘Driver Error’ was cited as the major cause of accidents for about 84 percent of the total accidents.
i.In this context ODAWS, incorporates vehicle boren sensors for monitoring the driver propensity and vehicle surroundings to deliver acoustic and visual alerts for drivers.
ii.The ODAWS includes sub modules such as the navigational unit, driver assistance console, and millimetre-Wave radar sensor.
- Millimetre-Wave sensor – probes the positional and dynamic characteristics of surrounding vehicles.
2.Bus Signal Priority System – In order to attract people towards Public transport over Private Transport, MeitY has proposed Bus Signal Priority System by enhancing the reliability of public transport system by ensuring minimal traffic delays in urban arterials.
- Here the Public transport buses are given a conditional priority (unlike blind priority that is given for emergency vehicles) for crossing signals either through a Green extension or Red truncation while vehicles approaching a signalised intersection.
3.Common SMart iot Connectiv (CoSMiC) – is a middleware software, providing standard based deployment of Internet of Things (IoT) adhering to oneM2M’s global standard architecture.
- The CoSMiC will facilitate users and application service providers in various vertical domains to use open interfaces for end-to-end communication with well-defined common service functionalities.
- Also CoSMiC comply with 12 common service functions which are Registration, Discovery, Security, Group Management, Data Management & Repository, Subscription & Notification, Device Management, Application & Service Management, Communication Management, and Delivery Handling, Network Service Exposure, Location, Service Charging and Accounting.
i.The CoSMiC platform also provides Interworking Proxy Entity (IPE) Application Programming Interface (APIs) for connecting non-oneM2M (NoDN) devices or third-party applications to get connected to the CoSMiC platform.
The Victoria State Of Australia To Host 2026 Commonwealth GamesAustralia’s Victoria state will be the host for 2026 Commonwealth Games (CWG). The 2026 Games will be held in four towns such as Geelong, Ballarat, Bendigo and Gippsland of Australia. The opening ceremony will be held at Australia’s largest cricket stadium – the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG). MCG can hold 100,000 spectators.
- So far Victoria state has announced 16 sports for the 2026 Games, which includes aquatics, cycling and Twenty20 cricket.
Australia And Commonwealth Games (CWG):
i.Australia is hosting the CWG for the sixth time and the second time in Victoria, after Melbourne hosted the 2006 event.
ii.The 2026 Games are planned to be held outside the state capital Melbourne.
iii.CWG in Australia:
- 2018 – Commonwealth Games, Gold Coast, Queensland. The motto was “Friendly Games”.
- 2006 – Commonwealth Games, Melbourne, Victoria .
- 1982 – Commonwealth Games, Brisbane, Queensland.
- 1962 – British Empire and Commonwealth Games, Perth, Western Australia.
- 1938 – British Empire Games, Sydney, New South Wales.
iv.The CWG will not only uplift the life of the athletes but also boosts the Victoria state economy by 3 billion United States Dollar (USD).
Towns And Games:
- Geelong – a port city, will host swimming, gymnastics, beach volleyball and other sports.
- Ballarat and Bendigo – will host athletics, boxing, netball, squash and weightlifting.
- Gippsland – will host rugby sevens, badminton and cycling.
About Commonwealth Games (CWG):
i.The CWG is held every four years.
ii.There are 72 nations and territories of the Commonwealth, almost all of whom are former territories of the British Empire.
iii.The four Home Nations of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) also send separate teams.
Commonwealth Games Federation (CWF):
President – Dame Louise Martin DBE
Headquarters – United Kingdom
Birmingham will host the 2022 CWG from 28 July 2022 to 08 August 2022 under the motto ‘Games for Everyone’.
Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc wins Australian Grand Prix 2022
Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc won a Pole-to-Flag victory with the fastest time gap of 20.524 seconds at the Australian Grand Prix 2022 by scoring 26 points, which was held at the Albert Park Circuit, Melbourne, Australia.
i.The 24 year old Charles Leclerc has claimed his second win of the Formula 1 season following the victory of Season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix 2022, Sakir, Bahrain.
ii.The Second position was secured by Red Bull’s Sergio Perez with 18 points.
iii.The Third and Fourth position was occupied by the Mercedes Drivers George Russell and Lewis Hamilton by securing 15 and 12 Points respectively.
i.Charles Leclerc is the first Ferrari driver since Fernando Alonso completing a racing “Grand Slam” in Singapore in 2010.
Orleans Masters 2022: Indian Shuttler Mithun Manjunath wins Silver in Men’s Singles
Indian shuttler Mithun Manjunath (world Rank 74(Men’s singles)) has won silver in Men’s Singles at the Orléans Masters 2022 was a badminton tournament held from 29th March to 3rd April 2022 in Orleans, France.
- Women’s doubles pair of Ashwini Bhat (World Rank 66(Women’s doubles) and Shikha Gautam (World Rank 66(Women’s doubles)) has won the bronze in Women’s doubles at the tournament.
38th Siachen Day – 13th April 2022
Siachen Day is annually observed by the Indian Army on 13th April, since 1984, to commemorate the Indian Army’s “Operation Meghdoot”. The day also honours the courage of the soldiers of the Indian Army who continue to guard the Siachen Glacier.
- 13th April 2022 marks the observance of the 38th Siachen Day.
Siachen Glacier, 76 kilometres long, one of the world’s longest mountain glaciers, lies in the Karakoram Range system of Kashmir near the India-Pakistan border.
i.Operation Meghdoot was the codename of the Indian Armed Forces’ operation to seize
control of the Siachen Glacier in Kashmir and pre-empt Pakistan from occupying the Saltoro ridge and Siachen Glacier.
ii.The operation was executed on 13th April 1984 on the highest battlefield in the world.
iii.At present, the Indian Army remains the first and only army in the world to have
taken tanks and other heavy ordnance up to such an altitude (well over 5,000 m or
iv.The map of Siachen by mountaineering legend Colonel Narendra ‘Bull’ Kumar, played a major role in ensuring the success of Operation Meghdoot in 1984.
In 2003, Late Dr APJ Abdul Kalam became the first President and Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces to visit the troops deployed in ‘Operation Meghdoot.’
103rd Anniversary of Jallianwala Bagh Massacre – 13th April 2022
13th April 2022 marks the 103rd anniversary of the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre, which is also known as the Amritsar massacre, which took place on 13th April 1919. The commemoration of the anniversary of the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre aims to pay homage to all the people who were martyred during the massacre.
Jallianwala Bagh Massacre:
i.On 13th April 1919, more than hundreds of people who were protesting peacefully against the Rowlatt Acts were gunned down by the British forces led by British Indian Army officer Brigadier-General Reginald Edward Harry Dyer (R E H Dyer).
ii.In October 1919, 7 member Disorders Inquiry Committee ‘Hunter Committee’ headed by Lord William Hunter, a Senator of the College of Justice of Scotland was established to investigate the Jallianwala Bagh Tragedy. Later Dyer was removed from the command into enforced retirement.
i.Jallianwala Bagh is a public garden located in Amritsar, Punjab. The garden houses the Jallianwala Bagh National Memorial, a memorial of national importance, established in 1951 to commemorate the massacre.
ii.The memorial is managed by the Jallianwala Bagh National Memorial Trust, chaired by the Prime Minister of India.
iii.People have also gathered at the Jallianwala Bagh to protest against the arrest of two pro-independence leaders — Dr. Saifuddin Kitchlew and Dr. Satya Pal. Many other people were also at the venue to celebrate the festival of Baisakhi.
Odisha Govt & BPCL inks MoU for developing renewable energy plant and green hydrogen plant
The Odisha Government and Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for a period of five years to set up a renewable energy plant and green hydrogen plant providing Round the Clock (RTC) power for consumers for both domestic consumption and export.
- The MoU was signed between Bhupendra Singh Poonia, Managing Director, Industrial Promotion and Investment Corporation of Odisha Limited (IPICOL) and Amit Garg, Executive Director Renewable Energy, BPCL.
Odisha is the single largest manufacturer of steel in the country. More than 33 per cent of the steelmaking capacity is now in Odisha.
Many parts of Odisha have great potential for production of solar and green based ethanol energy.”
About Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL):-
i.BPCL is an Indian government-owned oil and gas explorer and producer.
ii.It aims to achieve Net-Zero in Scope I and Scope II emission by 2040.
iii.Also BPCL plans to spend Rs 25,000 crore to build renewable energy capacity of 10 gigawatts comprising a mix of solar, wind, small hydro and biomass by 2040.
Headquarters – Mumbai
Chairman & Managing Director – Arun Kumar Singh
Governor – Ganeshi Lal
Capital – Bhubaneswar
Uttarakhand’s “Him Prahari” Scheme for Ex-Servicemen & Youngsters
The Government of Uttarakhand is set to implement the ‘Him Prahari’ Scheme which is meant for ex-servicemen and youngsters. The scheme is aimed at stopping the migration of people from Uttarakhand and will focus on areas where migration occurs at a rapid phase so that people stay put, and not move out.
- The Uttarakhand Govt is seeking the cooperation of the Union Government to implement the scheme in areas bordering the Uttarakhand.
- The scheme will also prioritise settling ex-servicemen in areas bordering the state.
- The estimated expenditure of the scheme is around Rs 5.45 crore.
- The Him Prahari’ Scheme was announced by the Bharatiya Janata Party(BJP) Uttarakhand unit in its 2022 Election Manifesto.
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 14 April 2022|
|1||SVANidhi se Samriddhi launched in Additional 126 cities across 14 States/ UTs|
|2||India’s 1st Community Museum Inaugurated in Gya-Sasoma villages, Leh, Ladakh|
|3||ICCR Launched Alumni Portal For Foreign Students|
|4||ADB Funding: Sanctions 551cr for Agartala Projects; Provided $2mn PRF Loan to Support Urban Development in Nagaland|
|5||NBFCs-UL, NBFCs-ML to have Compliance Function by April 1, CCO by Oct 1, 2023|
|6||Falguni Nayar Of Nykaa Won EY Entrepreneur of The Year Award 2021 India|
|7||Mian Mohammad Shehbaz Sharif elected as Pakistan’s 23rd Prime Minister, replaces Imran Khan|
|8||MeitY launched 3 Indigenous Intelligent Transportation Systems Solutions under InTranSE -II Program for Indian Traffic Management|
|9||The Victoria State Of Australia To Host 2026 Commonwealth Games|
|10||Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc wins Australian Grand Prix 2022|
|11||Orleans Masters 2022: Indian Shuttler Mithun Manjunath wins Silver in Men’s Singles|
|12||38th Siachen Day – 13th April 2022|
|13||103rd Anniversary of Jallianwala Bagh Massacre – 13th April 2022|
|14||Odisha Govt & BPCL inks MoU for developing renewable energy plant and green hydrogen plant|
|15||Uttarakhand’s “Him Prahari” Scheme for Ex-Servicemen & Youngsters|