We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 12 July 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs July 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Click here for Current Affairs 10 & 11 July 2022
MoHA Sets Up 3-Member Commission for Delimitation of Municipal Wards in Delhi
A 3-member delimitation commission has been established by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA), in accordance with its power under sections 3, 3A, and 5 of the Delhi Municipal Corporation (DMC) Act 1957, to assist the Central Government in delimitation of municipal wards in Delhi and carrying out other functions related to it.
- This move will set the stage for the 2022 Civic Elections in Delhi, which would be the city’s first civic elections since the amalgamation of 3 corporations in May 2022.
Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD)
i.The erstwhile Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD), established in 1958, was trifurcated in 2012, during the tenure of Sheila Dikshit as Chief Minister of Delhi.
ii.On May 22, 2022, the three existing civic bodies, East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC), North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC) and South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) were re-unified into a single entity as Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD).
- Special Officer, MCD – Ashwani Kumar, IAS
- Commissioner, MCD – Gyanesh Bharti, IAS
iii. MCD is one of the largest municipal bodies in the world providing civic services to approximately 20 million citizens of Delhi.
The 3-member Commission:
i.Chairman – Vijay Kumar Dev, State Election Commissioner, Delhi
ii.The other 2 members: Pankaj Kumar Singh, Joint Secretary in Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs; and Randhir Sahay, Additional Commissioner, MCD.
iii. The commission will give its report within four months after its formation.
GE Healthcare launches its first ‘5G Innovation Lab’ in India
United States (US) based GE Healthcare announced the launch of its 5G Innovation Lab in India, the first for GE Healthcare across the globe. The lab is situated at the John F. Welch Technology Centre (JFWTC) Bengaluru, Karnataka. GE Healthcare’s largest R&D centre outside of the USA. It is also claimed as world’s first 5G Innovation Lab in India.
- The 5G Innovation Lab is designed to position GE Healthcare at the forefront of these groundbreaking advances in patient care, including potentially bringing cutting-edge technology to rural and suburban regions
- 5G in Healthcare was valued at an estimated USD 215 million in 2021 and projected to reach USD 3,667 million by 2026.
India’s International Economic Resilience Improves To 2nd Position In 2022 From 3rd Position In 2021: PHD Chamber
According to data released by the PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI), India has consistently improved its position in the ranking of International Economic Resilience (IER) 2022 of top 10 countries, over the last four years.
- Among the top 10 leading economies, the Indian economy has risen from 6th place in 2019 to 4th place in 2020, 3rd place in 2021, and 2nd in 2022.
The IER rank analysis is based on five major macroeconomic indicators.
Significance:Due to its effective and dynamic policy environment, India has managed to achieve this milestone despite significant disruptions in both demand and supply side factors brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic and further geopolitical unrest.
i.Germany and Canada both ranked first in the IER 2022.
- Germany’s IER Rank has remained unchanged at 1st in both the pre-COVID year of 2019 and the post-COVID year of 2022.
ii.Canada (IER Rank 2 in 2019 to 1st in 2022) and India (IER Rank 6 in 2019 to the 2nd in 2022) are two countries that have shown overall improvement in their IER rank in 2022 compared to 2019.
iii. Countries with declining resilience: China (IER Rank 2 in 2019 to 3rd in 2022), the United Kingdom (IER Rank 3 in 2019 to 5th in 2022), France (IER Rank 4 in 2019 to 6th in 2022), and Brazil (IER Rank 9 in 2019 to 7th in 2022) are among the
iv.According to the International Monetary Fund (IMF) estimates in the April 2022 World Economic Outlook (WEO), India’s real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth rate and merchandise export growth rate for 2022 are projected to be the strongest at 8.2 % and 7.0 %, respectively.
International Economic Resilience (IER) Rank of The Top 10 Countries In 2022
|Top 10 Leading Countries||2022||2021||2020||2019|
|United Kingdom (UK)||5||9||9||3|
|United States of America (USA)||6||10||8||7|
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI 22nd Systemic Risk Survey states Credit demand to improve in next 3 months; Eases FPI, NRI Deposit Norms to Prevent Rupee slidei.According to the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) 22nd round of Systemic Risk Survey (SRS), which was conducted in May 2022demand for credit, is expected to see marginal to considerable improvement in the next three months.
ii.This credit demand will be backed by recovery in GDP (Gross Domestic Product) growth, higher consumer spending, pick up in manufacturing sector activity, public investment in infrastructure and higher demand for working capital.
iii.RBI has allowed banks temporarily to raise fresh Foreign Currency Non-Resident Bank i.e., FCNR(B) and Non-Resident External (NRE) deposits without reference to the current regulations on interest rates w.e.f. July 7, 2022. This relaxation will be available till October 31, 2022.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
Established– 1st April 1935
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor– Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors– Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao, T. Rabi Sankar
>> Read Full News
PNB Signs MoU with IAF on PNB Rakshak Plus Scheme for Defence Personnel
Punjab National Bank (PNB) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Air Force (IAF) to provide specially designed products to the defence personnel under the ‘PNB Rakshak Plus’ scheme.It is a Zero Balance Salary/ Pension Account For Serving & Non- Serving Defence Personnel i.e. all three wings of Defence.
- The agreement was exchanged between Atul Kumar Goel, MD and CEO of PNB, and Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhari, PVSM, AVSM, VM, ADC on behalf of the IAF in a ceremony at the Indian Air Force Auditorium, New Delhi.
- This scheme covers personal accidental insurance and air accidental insurance to serving, retired and trainees of the defence forces, central armed police forces, state police force, metro police and retired defence pensioners.
- PNB Rakshak Plus Scheme also includes Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), State Police Force, Metro Police (Cities which follows Police Commissionerate System- like Delhi Police, Mumbai Police, Kolkata Police etc.), Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), Intelligence Bureau (IB), Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Indian Coast Guard Personnel & Para-Military personnel, Gentlemen cadets and Special Forces at Central & State level.
Features of the scheme:
i.Personal accidental (death) cover – Rs 50 lakh; Air accidental (death) Insurance cover – Rs 100 lakh; Personal accidental (permanent total disability) cover – Rs 50 lakh.
- Additionally, sweep facility – initial threshold amount – Rs 10000; minimum sweep In/Out – Rs 1000; multiples of – Rs 1000.
ii.No Cash Handling Charges are levied for the transactions with free SMS Alerts for every transaction in the account and debit or credit cards and hence branches from all over India are considered as home branches.
- Concession in locker rent with 25 percent Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC) waived off for 3 years from date of issue.
iii.Overdraft (OD) up to last 3 months net salary or pension amounting from Rs 75000 to Rs 3 lakh and unlimited freeDemand Drafts (DDs)/POs with a ceiling of Rs 50,000 per free DD/PO.
- Zero balance saving account to family members including concession in rate of interest and service charges under Housing, Car, Education and Personal Loan Schemes.
iv.Education loan under PNB Pratibha for the children of the Primary Account holder who takes admission in the Army Educational institutions.
- Also, financial assistance of Rs. 1 lakh per year for 4 years or the actual expenditure whichever is less for 2 surviving and dependent children of a PAI on death.
v.Gorkha personnel can remit the amount from his PNB account in India to their linked account in Everest Bank Limited (EBL) at Nepal and vice-versa, free of charge.
vi.Benefits of PNB Rakshak Plus scheme are also extended to all the pensioners who choose to draw their pensions through PNB Branches and pension is credited through Centralised Pension Payment Centre (CPPC) i.e. processed & credited through our bank. Accounts where pension is received by Cheque/NEFT(National Electronic Funds Transfer)/RTGS(Real Time Gross Settlement) etc will not be covered under scheme.
Note – At present, PNB serves for the armed forces through 120 cantonment branches in India. Nine of these have been transformed into special branches honouring the martyrs.For an instance :- Martyr Branch at Jalandhar, is named after Flying Officer NirmalJit Singh Sekhon, PVC (Posthumous).
About PunjabNational Bank (PNB):
Managing Director (MD) & CEO – Atul Kumar Goel
Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi
Tagline – The Name you can Bank Upon
NPCI collaborates with JBIMS to offer master’s degree program in Digital Payments
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has collaborated with Mumbai-based Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS) to co-create a master’s programme in management studies in digital payments for its employees.
i.The Degree was launched under NPCI’s “Learn while you Earn” higher education programme with its first batch commencing in June 2022. The launch aims to integrate aspects of technology, finance and information system and management studies into a single Master’s specialisation in digital payments.
ii.The programme is designed in hybrid mode where employees will take weekend classes and spend only one week on campus per semester thereby allowing them to learn while they continue to earn at NPCI.
iii.Additionally, NPCI employees also have the opportunity to pursue super-specialization and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) after the completion of the Master’s program
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
NASSCOM partners with Australian govt agency to attract investment for Indian IT SMEs
The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) and Investment New South Wales (NSW) Australia, the government’s economic development and investment attraction agency, collaborate to develop a series of roadshows specifically designed for Indian technology (IT) companies to highlight business and investment opportunities that exist in Australia.
- The roadshows, which will begin in Delhi, will promote New South Wales as a hub for serving the larger Australian market and highlight some of its advantages.
- The roadshow in six locations will assist spread knowledge of how to effectively launch and build a business. It is primarily targeted at Indian Technology Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
Note- United States (US) and the United Kingdom (UK) continue to be two of the largest markets for the Indian IT industry.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Maha Metro & NHAI Creates World Record for Building Asia’s Longest Multi-Layer Viaduct
On 10th June 2022 Maharashtra’s Maha Metro, a joint entity of the state and Union government, and the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) facilitated with the Asia Book of Records and India Book of Records certifications for jointly constructing the longest Double Decker Viaduct in Asia and 3 metro stations with Highway Flyover & Metro Rail Supported on single column under Nagpur Metro Rail Project.
- Union Minister for Highways and Road Transport Shri Nitin Gadkari was the Chief Guest and issued the certificates in an event held at Convention Centre, Airport South Metro Station of Nagpur,Maharashtra.
1.Maha Metro was facilitated with the prestigious certifications for constructing the longest multi-layer viaduct across Asia.The Multi-Layer Viaduct over Wardha Road in Nagpur measuring 3.14 km which is longest in Asia.
- It carries Highway Flyover at first level and Metro Rail at second level making it a three-tier transportation system with the existing highway at ground level.
2.Maha Metro and NHAI was felicitated with Asia Book of Records and India Book of Records certification for constructing maximum metro stations on viaduct.
- Maharashtra’s three Metro Stations on the Viaduct mentioned in the two Records were – Chhatrapati Square, Jai Prakash Nagar and Ujwal Nagar.
Point to be noted – A viaduct is a specific type of bridge that consists of a series of arches, piers or columns supporting a long elevated railway or road.
i.The certifications were received by Maha Metro managing director Brijesh Dixit and NHAI Regional Officer Rajiv Agarwal.
ii.Maha Metro and NHAI each saved up to 20 percent (collectively 40 percent) of the cost, while building the viaduct.
iii.Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) would be signed with Indian Railways for operations and in future such metros would be built in cities like Akola, Chandrapur, Wardha, Betul and Chhindwara in Madhya Pradesh.
iv.The Maha Metro will prepare a detailed project report (DPR) for a trolleybus system, where vehicles will draw power from overhead wires.
‘Order of the Rising Sun’ award conferred on Sanmar Group Vice Chairman
The Government of Japan has conferred the Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Star award on Narayanan Kumar, Vice Chairman of the Sanmar Group, for his contribution to strengthening economic relations between Japan and India.
- The Award was honoured to Narayanan Kumar by Consul General of Japan in Chennai, Taga Masayuki.
- Narayanan Kumar also heads the Indo-Japan Chamber of Commerce and Industry since 2015. He had served as the President of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in 1997-1998 and He was among the ‘Spring 2022 Imperial Decorations recipients’.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
HAL & Safran Sign MoU to Form Joint Venture to Build Helicopter Engines
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) and Safran Helicopter Engines, based in France, have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to establish a new 50-50 Joint Venture (JV) to manufacture helicopter engines.
- HAL, established in 1964, is an Indian state-owned aerospace and defence company headquartered in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
In the presence of Olivier Andries, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Safran, the MoU was signed by R. Madhavan, Chairman and Managing Director (MD) of HAL, and Franck Saudo, CEO of Safran Helicopter Engines.
A new aero-engine company dedicated to the development, production, sales, and support of helicopter engines will be established in India by both HAL and Safran Helicopter Engines.
- One of its primary goals would be to meet the needs of future helicopters from HAL and the Ministry of Defence (MoD), such as the 13-ton Indian Multi Role Helicopter (IMRH).
- The MoU will engage and leverage the Indian defence manufacturing ecosystem within India.
i.With this partnership, HAL will harness its expertise manufacturing over 15 types of aircraft and helicopter engines to co-develop and manufacture engines, with an initial focus on the IMRH and its navy counterpart, the Deck Based Multi Role Helicopter (DBMRH).
ii.HAL and Safran Helicopter Engines already collaborated on a number of projects, including the Shakti engine, which powers HAL-produced helicopters like the Dhruv, Rudra, and Light Combat Helicopter (LCH).
- Shakti is the Indian variant of the Safran Ardiden 1H1, which was co-developed with HAL. HAL has successfully manufactured over 500 Shakti engines so far.
- The Ardiden 1U variant also powers the new three-ton single-engine Light Utility Helicopter (LUH). On July 26, 2021, the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) (India) certified the engine for civil applications.
iii. HAL and Safran Helicopter Engines will also offer MRO (Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul) services for the TM333 and Shakti engines in service by the Indian Armed Forces through their JV, Helicopter Engines MRO Pvt Limited (HE-MRO) in Goa. It is expected to be operational by the end of 2023.
- Its aim is to constantly improve serviceability and reduce cycle time to aid the operational preparedness of Indian Armed Forces.
iv. With a fleet of over 1,000 engines, including 250 TM333 and over 500 Shakti engines, India’s Armed Forces are one of the largest operators of helicopter engines made by Safran
NASA Release 78 Kg of Garbage Bag from ISS for the First time
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) tested a first-of-its-kind waste disposal technology by releasing around 78 kg (172 lbs) of garbage from the International Space Station (ISS).
- The waste disposal technology has been jointly developed by NASA’s Johnson Space centre and Nanoracks.
- The garbage bag was removed from the Nanoracks’s commercial Bishop Airlock in ISS.Nanoracks Bishop Airlock is a world’s first commercial airlock to the International Space Station (ISS) infrastructure. It offers 5x the current volume that can be moved in and out of the Space Station.
- The new technology uses a specially designed waste container, which is mounted in the Bishop Airlock. The ISS crew can fill the container with up to 600 lbs (272kgs) of trash. The waste bag is then released and the Airlock is re-mounted empty.
i.The garbage bag that is released from ISS will be burned up into the atmosphere during re-entry and thus eliminates trash falling on Earth or moving as space debris in low-earth orbit.
ii.Earlier the waste was cleared by the Cygnus cargo spacecraft where the entire spacecraft will be burnt up after as a part of waste disposal.
iii.There are over 27,000 pieces of space junk tracked by NASA, often traveling at up to 15,700 mph in low-Earth orbit. These chunks of fast-moving debris are dangerous, as they can damage or even destroy other satellites and space stations.
About National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA):
Administrator – Bill Nelson
Headquarters – Washington D.C, United states (US)
Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc Wins 2022 Austrian Grand Prix
Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc has won the 2022 Austrian Grand Prix, a formula one race which took place over 71 laps of the 4.318-kilometre Red Bull Ring in Spielberg, Austria.Charles Leclerc was followed by Red Bull’s Max Verstappen finishing 2nd position and Mercedes’ seven-time world champion Lewis Hamilton finishing third in the race.
- It was the eleventh round of the 2022 Formula One World Championship, and the 35th running of the Austrian Grand Prix in a World Championship season.
- In April 2022,Charles Leclerc won 2022 Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne, Australia.
About Charles Leclerc:
i.Charles Leclerc was born in Monaco and made his Formula 1 (F1) debut in 2018.
ii.He won the GP3 Series championship in 2016 and the FIA Formula 2 Championship in 2017.
iii.He became the2nd youngest driver to qualify on pole position in Formula One at the 2019 Bahrain Grand Prix, where he won the Pole Trophy and also became the youngest driver to win.
iv.The Austrian Grand Prix victory was his 3rd in 11 races 2022 Formula one season that lifted him to 2nd position in the championship.
Vitaly Sivuk wins 2nd La Plagne Chess Festival 2022 Masters, India’s GM Iniyan finishes SecondUkraine’s Grandmaster (GM) Vitaly Sivuk (19 years old) won the first prize in the 2nd edition of La Plagne International Chess Festival – Masters Tournament (2022), organized in La Plagne -Tarentaise in France (2 July-9 July 2022).
- Indias GM P Iniyan finished 2nd in the tournament while International Masters (IM) Sayantan Das finished 3rd.
i.Both Sivuk and Iniyan scored unbeaten 7/9 each round. They were placed first and second according to tie-breaks.
ii.The field for the tournament comprised 95 players from 19 countries, including nine GMs and 18 International Masters (IM).
Top 3 players:
1.GM Vitaly Sivuk, Ukraine 7/9
2.GM Iniyan P , India
3.IM Sayantan Das, India
4.Mohammad Nubairshah Shaikh, India
‘The Godfather’ actor James Caan passed awayThe renowned American actor, James Edmund Caan passed away at the age of 82 years in California, the United States of America(USA). He is best known for playing the Sonny Corleone character in ‘The Godfather’ film.
James Edmund Caan:
He was born on 26 March 1940 in New York City, USA. He was an American actor known for his film and television performances. He started acting on television in 1961
Thief (1981), Gardens of Stone (1987), Misery (1990), Honeymoon in Vegas (1992), Bottle Rocket (1996), Mickey Blue Eyes (1999), The Yards (2000), City of Ghosts (2002), Elf (2003), and Get Smart (2008).
i.He was nominated for Academy Award 1972 for Best Supporting Actor-The Godfather
ii.Nominated for Golden Globe Award 1974 for Best Actor in a Motion Picture Drama- The Gambler and in 1975 for Best Actor in a Motion Picture Musical for Comedy -Funny Lady.
iii.He won the Saturn Award for Best Actor for the movie Rollerball.
Father of Indian Internet, BK Syngal Passes Away
Brijendra Kumar Syngal(BK Syngal), former Chairman of Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL), was a pioneer in the Indian Telecommunication Sector and was referred to as the “Father of Indian Internet” has passed away at the age of 82.
- As the Chairman of VSNL, he was unofficially known as the ‘bulldozer’ for his ability to push through bureaucratic hurdles.
- Prior to joining VSNL, he worked with Inmarsat in London, the United Kingdom(UK).
About BK Syngal:
i.BK Syngal was born in Ambala, Haryana and after the partition of India in 1947, he moved to Delhi.
ii.Syngal’s biggest accomplishments was bringing the Internet to India in 1995 where, until then India was using the rudimentary version of the internet, called ERNET, that was limited to educational institutes.
iii.After the successful introduction of the Internet, Syngal became an advisor and confidante to many in the industry, government and media.
iv.Books – ‘Telecom Man: Leading From the Front in India’s Digital Revolution’ is the book authored by Mr Syngal with journalist and fellow IITian Sandipan Deb.
Ex-president of Mexico Luis Echeverria Passed AwayFormer President of Mexico, Luis Echeverria Alvarez passed away at the age of 100 in Cuernavaca,Morelos state, Mexico. He was suffering from pulmonary problems and neurological difficulties.
About Luis Echeverria Alvarez:
i.He was born on 17 January 1922 in Mexico City, Mexico. He was a Mexican lawyer, academic, and politician, and belonged to the Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI).
ii.He served as the 57th President of Mexico from 1970 to 1976. He also served as the Secretary of the Interior from 1963 to 1969.
iii.Echeverría served as ambassador to the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) from 1976 to 1978,
- Grand Master of the Order of the Aztec Eagle, Mexico
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Union minister Meenakshi Lekhi launches book on sacrifice of freedom fighters
Union Minister of State for External Affairs and Culture Meenakshi Lekhi launched a book titled ‘Swadhinata Sangram Na Surviro’, in Gujarati commemorating the contributions of freedom fighters. The book has been prepared by Hindu Spiritual and Service Foundation (HSSF) in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- The book commemorates the contribution of our freedom fighters who battled imperialism & dedicated their lives for India.
- The book is a part of the “Swadhinta Ka Amrit Mahotsav” to mark the 75th year of the country’s Independence.
National Fish Farmers Day 2022-July 10
National Fish Farmers Day is annually celebrated on 10th July to commemorate the demonstration of Dr K. H. Alikunhi and Dr H. L. Chaudhary for the successful contribution in demonstrating Hypophysation (technology of induced breeding) in Indian Major Carps (common name for several species of fish) on 10th July 1957 at the former CIFRI Pond Culture Division in Angul, Odisha.
- The 22nd National Fish Farmers Day was celebrated on 10th July 2022 across India.
It is celebrated by the Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying in association with the National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB).
- The day is also observed as the NFDB Foundation day.
- 2022 marks the 16th NFDB Foundation day.
World Population Day 2022 – July 11
The United Nations(UN)’s World Population Day is annually observed across the globe on 11th July to focus on the urgency and importance of population issues and their relation to environment and development issues.
i.In 1989, the then-Governing Council of the United Nations Development Programme(UNDP) established World Population Day, an outgrowth of the idea generated by the “Day of Five Billion” observed on 11th July 1987.
ii.The United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/45/216 in 1990 and decided to continue the observance of “World Population Day”.
iii.World Population Day was first observed on 11th July 1990 in more than 90 countries across the globe.
India will overtake China in population during 2023
According to the 27th edition of United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division’s 2022 World Population Prospects, India is projected to surpass China as the world’s most populous country in 2023.
About United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA):
UNFPA is the United Nations sexual and reproductive health agency.
This aims to deliver a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Executive Director– Dr Natalia Kanem
Headquarters– New York, United States of America (USA)
>> Read Full News
National Students Day 2022- July 9
India celebrates National Students Day annually on 9th July to commemorate the foundation of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP), a student organization.
- 9th July 2022 marked the 74th Foundation Day of ABVP.
Objective: To bring positive changes in the Indian education system.
i.The ABVP was formally established on 9 July 1949 on the ideals of Swami Vivekananda in the form of a student organization.
- It provides a platform for constructive student activism in the form of political participation.
History of ABVP:
i.The ABVP was initially formed in 1948, it got formally registered on 9 July 1949,as a Non-Government Organisation (NGO) under Societies Registration Act 1860
ii.The organization is affiliated with Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
iii.It has various social platforms and forums including Student for Development (SFD), World Organisation of Students and Youth (WOSY), Think India, Students’ Experience in Interstate Living (SEIL) and Yuva Vikas Kendra (YVK).
About Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP):
National President-Prof Dr. Chhaganbhai Nanjibhai Patel (Mehsana)
National General Secretary– Nidhi Tripathi (Delhi)
Tripura Government Launches New Scheme ‘Earn with Learn’ As Part of Vidyalaya Chalo Abhiyan
The Tripura Government has decided to revive the Vidyalaya Chalo Abhiyan (Let’s Go to School) and, as part of it, has established a new scheme, “Earn with Learn”, to re-enroll students who had dropped out of school following the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The ‘Earn with Learn’ initiative of Tripura Education Department would involve third-year students from all colleges in conducting surveys to detect dropouts across classes.
i. To ensure the success of the initiative, the new education policy has specific guidelines for conducting a comprehensive door-to-door survey in Tripura to identify dropouts and migrant students.
ii.College students who are willing to volunteer for the survey as part of the “Earn with Learn” initiative have to register their names with their individual institutions.
Governor – Satyadeo Narain Arya
Festivals – Neermahal water Festival (boat race organised at the Rudra Sagar Lake); Poush Sankranti Fair (celebrated on the occasion of the Uttarayan Sankranti)
>> Read Full News
List of Less Important News – Click Here
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 12 July 2022|
|1||MoHA Sets Up 3-Member Commission for Delimitation of Municipal Wards in Delhi|
|2||GE Healthcare launches its first ‘5G Innovation Lab’ in India|
|3||India’s International Economic Resilience Improves To 2nd Position In 2022 From 3rd Position In 2021: PHD Chamber|
|4||RBI 22nd Systemic Risk Survey states Credit demand to improve in next 3 months; Eases FPI, NRI Deposit Norms to Prevent Rupee slide|
|5||PNB Signs MoU with IAF on PNB Rakshak Plus Scheme for Defence Personnel|
|6||NPCI collaborates with JBIMS to offer master’s degree program in Digital Payments|
|7||NASSCOM partners with Australian govt agency to attract investment for Indian IT SMEs|
|8||Maha Metro & NHAI Creates World Record for Building Asia’s Longest Multi-Layer Viaduct in Nagpur|
|9||‘Order of the Rising Sun’ award conferred on Sanmar Group Vice Chairman|
|10||HAL & Safran Sign MoU to Form Joint Venture to Build Helicopter Engines|
|11||NASA Release 78 Kg of Garbage Bag from ISS for the First time|
|12||Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc Wins 2022 Austrian Grand Prix|
|13||Vitaly Sivuk wins 2nd La Plagne Chess Festival 2022 Masters, India’s GM Iniyan finishes Second|
|14||‘The Godfather’ actor James Caan passed away|
|15||Father of Indian Internet, BK Syngal Passes Away|
|16||Ex-president of Mexico Luis Echeverria Passed Away|
|17||Union minister Meenakshi Lekhi launches book on sacrifice of freedom fighters|
|18||National Fish Farmers Day 2022-July 10|
|19||World Population Day 2022 – July 11|
|20||National Students Day 2022- July 9|
|21||Tripura Government Launches New Scheme ‘Earn with Learn’ As Part of Vidyalaya Chalo Abhiyan|